Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room > Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum

Old 03-07-2021, 10:49 AM  
In Search of a Life

Guys we aren’t talking enough about

Who are some guys you think we aren’t talking enough about, if at all, in the draft section?

Payton Turner, EDGE, Houston - high upside edge rusher with great size/length to go with above average athleticism. I suggest people watch his game against BYU.

Elijah Moore, WR, Ole Miss - playmaker at WR with legit HR ability. Some have this guy in the 1st and we don’t even talk about him.

Kendrick Green, OG , Illinois - athletic G that fits our scheme. Could be a day 1 starter that we can get in the 4th.

Josh Ball, OT, Marshall - this guy IMO is the best day 3 T prospect. He has the upside to be a future starter at LT. If we don’t get a T early, him and Prince would give us two projects with legitimate starting potential.

Tony Fields, LB, West Virginia - this is the sub package LB we desperately need. Solid in coverage and has a knack for getting around blockers in space.

Talanoa Hufanga, S, USC - this is my guy to replace Sorenson if we go safety late on day 2. Great size and versatility. He’s an enforcer with good ball skills.
staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-07-2021, 01:53 PM   #2
MVP

Hufanga would be pretty great.

I also like Deablo in that role.
Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-07-2021, 03:10 PM   #3
Generational Player

Don't like the fit for Moore in KC.

Our best two weapons play a lot in the slot in Hill and Kelce.

If we're going early WR, I would consider trading up for Bateman if he gets into the 20's.

Later looking at Seth Williams or Terry.
MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old 03-07-2021, 03:32 PM   #4
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic View Post
Don't like the fit for Moore in KC.

Our best two weapons play a lot in the slot in Hill and Kelce.

If we're going early WR, I would consider trading up for Bateman if he gets into the 20's.

Later looking at Seth Williams or Terry.
Disagree that Moore is a slot only guy. He has shown he play inside and out. I think you’re just making that projection based on size.

I’m also not advocating we take him in the 1st. I’m just pointing out that some have him as high as round 1.

If he were to make it to 63 though, he’d be high on my list.

Edit: By the way MahomesMagic, turn on your PMs if you haven’t already! The pick your team thread is up and there aren’t many choices left!

Last edited by staylor26; 03-07-2021 at 04:16 PM..
staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-07-2021, 04:02 PM   #5
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by staylor26 View Post
Who are some guys you think we aren’t talking enough about, if at all, in the draft section?

Payton Turner, EDGE, Houston - high upside edge rusher with great size/length to go with above average athleticism. I suggest people watch his game against BYU.

Elijah Moore, WR, Ole Miss - playmaker at WR with legit HR ability. Some have this guy in the 1st and we don’t even talk about him.

Kendrick Green, OG , Illinois - athletic G that fits our scheme. Could be a day 1 starter that we can get in the 4th.

Josh Ball, OT, Marshall - this guy IMO is the best day 3 T prospect. He has the upside to be a future starter at LT. If we don’t get a T early, him and Prince would give us two projects with legitimate starting potential. I like Josh Ball too.

Tony Fields, LB, West Virginia - this is the sub package LB we desperately need. Solid in coverage and has a knack for getting around blockers in space.

Talanoa Hufanga, S, USC - this is my guy to replace Sorenson if we go safety late on day 2. Great size and versatility. He’s an enforcer with good ball skills.
Thought the exact same thing about Hufanga the first time I watched video on him - he'd make a great replacement for Dirty Dan.
JohnnyHammersticks is obviously part of the inner Circle.JohnnyHammersticks is obviously part of the inner Circle.JohnnyHammersticks is obviously part of the inner Circle.JohnnyHammersticks is obviously part of the inner Circle.JohnnyHammersticks is obviously part of the inner Circle.JohnnyHammersticks is obviously part of the inner Circle.JohnnyHammersticks is obviously part of the inner Circle.JohnnyHammersticks is obviously part of the inner Circle.JohnnyHammersticks is obviously part of the inner Circle.JohnnyHammersticks is obviously part of the inner Circle.JohnnyHammersticks is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2021, 07:29 PM   #6
MVP

I’ve been on Hufanga a while. He could be a SS/LB hybrid who is a tone-setter with passable coverage skills. Great blitzer too.
Chief Northman has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Chief Northman has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Chief Northman has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Chief Northman has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Chief Northman has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Chief Northman has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Chief Northman has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Chief Northman has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Chief Northman has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Chief Northman has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Chief Northman has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
Old 03-07-2021, 07:30 PM   #7
MVP

I'd add a few...

SS/LB JaCoby Stevens, LSU - You like Hafunga, and of course I do too, but I think you can get Stevens a little later in the same role and have an equally effective player. He's big enough to hold up at WLB yet has enough speed to hold up against TEs and RBs. Underrated stud IMO.

OT Robert Hainsey, Notre Dame - He looked GREAT as an offensive guard in the Senior Bowl practices and so forth. I think that's a guy to watch.

WR DWayne Eskridge, Western Michigan - He's small at 5'9" 190 but he's got speed in spades (clocked at 4.33 in the past and might be faster now) and played at every spot inside and out for the Broncos. If he's still around in the 4th, I'd be a buyer. Maybe earlier if the X gets sorted out in FA.

CB Paulson Abedo, Stanford - This kid has everything Spags likes in a CB. He's long, he's physical, and he has ball skills. If he's there in 3, it could be an easy selection.

RB Chris Evans, Michigan - He's really good, really productive as a receiver out of the backfield, and can take it to the house from anywhere on the field. I think Veach may like for a committe back. He's one of those guys that's bigger than he looks because of how his weight is proportioned.

OT Adrian Ealy, Oklahoma - Big athletic tackle that some think is ready to play now while others think he needs to work on pad level Either way, he's a fine looking prospect.

DT Marvin Wilson, Florida State - There were thoughts in 2020 that he'd be a 1st round pick if he declared. FSU was a shitshow this year everywhere, and Wilson was part of it. His stock has dropped to the 3rd to 4th round. He's big, long, and has athleticism and makes you want to take the chance he'll return to form.
kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2021, 07:57 PM   #8
Veteran

I really like LB Garret Wallow, TCU, 6-2, 230. Started out as a safety, but developed as a LB.

He was going to be at Senior Bowl, so I was looking forward to seeing him practice and play in the game, but he came down with COVID just before he was supposed to report.

2018 - 12 games, 72 tackles, 3 sacks, 2 PDs
2019 - 12 games, 125 tackles, 3.5 sacks, 1 INT, 1 PD
2020 - 10 games, 90 tackles, 2 sacks, 1 PD, 3 FF

I think he moves well and would fit in with what the Chiefs need in defense.

Maybe a 4th round pick.
Wilson8 would the whole thing.Wilson8 would the whole thing.Wilson8 would the whole thing.Wilson8 would the whole thing.Wilson8 would the whole thing.Wilson8 would the whole thing.Wilson8 would the whole thing.Wilson8 would the whole thing.Wilson8 would the whole thing.Wilson8 would the whole thing.Wilson8 would the whole thing.
Old 03-07-2021, 08:19 PM   #9
Veteran

Tre' McKitty - spent 3 years at Florida State and then 1 season at Georgia as a graduate.
2018 - 10 games, 26 receptions, 256 yards, 2 TDs
2019 - 9 games, 23 receptions, 241 yards
2020 4 games, 6 receptions, 108 yards

McKitty (Great name) had a pretty good Senior Bowl game. He made some good blocks and had a good catch.

Measurements at Senior Bowl - 6-4, 247 pounds, wing 81", Arm 32 1/4", Hand 11"

Maybe 4th round
Wilson8 would the whole thing.Wilson8 would the whole thing.Wilson8 would the whole thing.Wilson8 would the whole thing.Wilson8 would the whole thing.Wilson8 would the whole thing.Wilson8 would the whole thing.Wilson8 would the whole thing.Wilson8 would the whole thing.Wilson8 would the whole thing.Wilson8 would the whole thing.
Old 03-07-2021, 08:25 PM   #10
MVP

We've talked about McKitty quite a bit. He's kind of a board favorite at TE.
kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 03-07-2021, 08:33 PM   #11
Veteran

Seeing kccrow having, OT Robert Hainsey, Notre Dame in his list.

Robert might be a possibility for a Chiefs center. He is 6-4, 302 and did pretty well in that role at the Senior Bowl.