Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 08-24-2019, 07:30 PM  
Veteran

Andrew Luck Retires

Filed to ESPN: Andrew Luck has informed the Colts he is retiring from the NFL, per source. There will be a press conference Sunday to make it official, but Luck is mentally worn down, and now checking out.

Per schefter
Urc Burry has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Urc Burry has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Urc Burry has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Urc Burry has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Urc Burry has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Urc Burry has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Urc Burry has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Urc Burry has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Urc Burry has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Urc Burry has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Urc Burry has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.
Old 08-29-2019, 12:09 PM   #811
Best Body On ChiefsPlanet

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac459 View Post
You know for a guy who said he had no more to say on the subject, you have said a lot more. Seems like you are the one upset, since others here don't think like you do and are challenging your thought process.

Seems like you are mentally weak like you call Luck, but he is at least strong enough to actually quit when he said he was done.
I don't take this board serious enough to stop posting about a subject if I say I am going to.

As far as the mentally weak comment. That's fine man. You are entitled to your opinion but you should know I do not care what you think about me.
PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 08-29-2019, 12:10 PM   #812
Choco Favre

From Luck's perspective, retiring was probably the best thing for him PAChiefsMan

Last edited by New World Order; 08-29-2019 at 12:15 PM..
New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2019, 12:21 PM   #813
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy View Post
I'm not coming down hard on Luck. If you are a superstar QB and you retire two-weeks before the start of the season guess what? A lot of ppl are going to be pissed. Remember, he got booed last time he was on the field.

I know you white knights like to create excuses for him but not everyone thinks like y'all. Sorry if that upsets you.
Sure they did.

A bunch of inbred hoosiers who wouldn't have come back for a 2nd day of full contact practices if they had even made it through day 1 with the capacity to do so.

Have you ever been to training camp? I suggest you do so if you haven't. This year wasn't a good year for it because it was so crowded but in years past, you could get right down on the sidelines during team drills.

Those guys aren't even hitting each other as hard as they can in those full team 'scrimmages'. Even at 80% speed when you're standing 15 feet away from them and there's no crowd noise muffling things or detracting from the action - the brutality is stunning. And it isn't just a couple 'wow' moments per practice - it's on ordinary plays. It's on a simple swing pass to a back who gets squared up and taken down. On a run up the middle that nets 2 yards. Nothing that doesn't happen dozens of times a game. But when you see these guys at field level doing it to each other and you hear it, your understanding and appreciation of what they put themselves through skyrockets.

Nobody - !@#$ing nobody - that boo'd Andrew Luck has seen that. Because they'd all understand what he did if they had.

Television knocks the edges off everything. It makes baseball look like the easiest thing in the world. Then you get a field pass to a spring training or college game and you remember why you made those errors when you were a kid - that games !@#$ing tough. It makes basketball players look small until you get down there a few rows off the court and can't figure out how 10 guys that size occupy a court that small. It makes hockey look slow.

And it makes football look sane. It isn't, man. Nothing about it is.

And blasting away at Andrew Luck for making a decision that is undeniably in his best interests for the next 50 years just demonstrates how little you seem to understand that.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2019, 12:25 PM   #814
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
Sure they did.

A bunch of inbred hoosiers who wouldn't have come back for a 2nd day of full contact practices if they had even made it through day 1 with the capacity to do so.

Have you ever been to training camp? I suggest you do so if you haven't. This year wasn't a good year for it because it was so crowded but in years past, you could get right down on the sidelines during team drills.

Those guys aren't even hitting each other as hard as they can in those full team 'scrimmages'. Even at 80% speed when you're standing 15 feet away from them and there's no crowd noise muffling things or detracting from the action - the brutality is stunning. And it isn't just a couple 'wow' moments per practice - it's on ordinary plays. It's on a simple swing pass to a back who gets squared up and taken down. On a run up the middle that nets 2 yards. Nothing that doesn't happen dozens of times a game. But when you see these guys at field level doing it to each other and you hear it, your understanding and appreciation of what they put themselves through skyrockets.

Nobody - !@#$ing nobody - that boo'd Andrew Luck has seen that. Because they'd all understand what he did if they had.

Television knocks the edges off everything. It makes baseball look like the easiest thing in the world. Then you get a field pass to a spring training or college game and you remember why you made those errors when you were a kid - that games !@#$ing tough. It makes basketball players look small until you get down there a few rows off the court and can't figure out how 10 guys that size occupy a court that small. It makes hockey look slow.

And blasting away at Andrew Luck for making a decision that is undeniably in his best interests for the next 50 years just demonstrates how little you seem to understand that.
When I was a sophomore we went to camp at CMSU and Eureka was there IIRC, and Tony Temple was a SR. Anyway, I was a 175 lb sophomore safety at a small class one school. In some random drill I fill a hole and think "I've got this dude set up on a T to just blast" and he absolutely ran clean ass over me, like I wasn't there.

It's a different level.
O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-29-2019, 12:27 PM   #815
Bono & Grbac wasn't enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.city View Post
When I was a sophomore we went to camp at CMSU and Eureka was there IIRC, and Tony Temple was a SR. Anyway, I was a 175 lb sophomore safety at a small class one school. In some random drill I fill a hole and think "I've got this dude set up on a T to just blast" and he absolutely ran clean ass over me, like I wasn't there.

It's a different level.
No wonder you turned into a dentist
ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-29-2019, 12:30 PM   #816
Day one guy

I feel a salty disturbance in NEPA.
redfan is obviously part of the inner Circle.redfan is obviously part of the inner Circle.redfan is obviously part of the inner Circle.redfan is obviously part of the inner Circle.redfan is obviously part of the inner Circle.redfan is obviously part of the inner Circle.redfan is obviously part of the inner Circle.redfan is obviously part of the inner Circle.redfan is obviously part of the inner Circle.redfan is obviously part of the inner Circle.redfan is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-29-2019, 12:36 PM   #817
Starter

Quote:
Sure they did.

Outstanding post.
Tonka83 has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Tonka83 has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Tonka83 has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Tonka83 has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Tonka83 has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Tonka83 has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Tonka83 has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Tonka83 has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Tonka83 has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Tonka83 has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Tonka83 has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.
Old 08-29-2019, 02:14 PM   #818
Itinerant degenerate.

Quote:
Actually, let me walk that back juuuuuuust a little bit.

Remember that time the Colts were about to move on from Pagano and Grigson but instead of doing that decided to extend them BOTH to the shock of just about everyone?

https://deadspin.com/what-are-the-co...ing-1751092649

And why? Because "talks with Sean Payton broke down..."

So if Irsay pays what it would've taken to get Payton in 2016 and shitcans Grigson a year sooner - do things play out differently? Luck had absorbed quite a pounding by then but the lost 2017 season hadn't happened yet (just the lost 2015 season).

It may not have saved things; Grigson was such a cataclysmic failure that he may have already sowed the seeds of Luck's eventual retirement even prior to the 2016 season. But then again, I gotta imagine playing for Sean Payton would be quite a bit of fun as a QB and maybe the debacle of 2017 never happens with him instead.

But really - Ryan Grigson, man. What a moron. I mean when your GM looks like a sallow and particularly unintelligent mutant, maybe that should've been a red flag. The guy looks like a nuclear experiment that worked for a minute - then they left him in there cooking just a little too long and things went terribly awry. And I'm not sure he's physically capable of breathing through his nose.

Or tying his own shoes.

I mean as much as I hate Scott Pioli, I'd have taken him 100 times out of 100 over Ryan Grigson. That guy may be the worst executive in the history of professional sports.
Actually, Grigsons not even the worst GM in Colts history. That would be Jim himself, who was GM from 84 to 93. In those ten years, the Colts went 59-100 and made the playoffs one stinking time, in 87, the year after Jim traded 5(!!)1st and 2nd round picks and Greg Bell to LA for Eric Dickerson.

Edit-^^^^I’m not doing this trade justice in describing how bad it was. The Colts had drafted Cornelius Bennett, one of the better linebackers of the late 80’s/90’s, but Bob Irsay was to cheap to pay him. So they traded him to Buffalo for their 1st and 2nd round picks and used them in the Dickerson deal, plus their own 1st and 2nd AND a future second round pick.

Last edited by Hoopsdoc; 08-29-2019 at 02:26 PM..
Hoopsdoc has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Hoopsdoc has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Hoopsdoc has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Hoopsdoc has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Hoopsdoc has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Hoopsdoc has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Hoopsdoc has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Hoopsdoc has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Hoopsdoc has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Hoopsdoc has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Hoopsdoc has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
Old 08-29-2019, 02:25 PM   #819
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.city View Post

It's a different level.
I got hit by a kid that ended up playing high-level DII ball (I think). This wasn't some freak of nature but just a strong, fast, aggressive kid who ended up getting a scholarship and some run at a small school. Held onto the ball and was damn proud of myself. And I wasn't going off the field because I wasn't gonna let him see that he drilled me.

But evidently I didn't look nearly as good as I thought I did because the coach came out there and dragged me by my shoulder pads out of the huddle. I guess I was a little wobble-legged or something, I dunno. I saw stars and yacked and that was the end of my day. Felt it for a couple days afterward.

And that was nothing compared to what these guys face. And while bigger, stronger, faster men can exponentially increase their ability to deliver abuse, the body's ability to take said abuse can only go up so much. Bones don't get bigger and stronger when you work out. Tendons don't. Nerves don't. Your brain bouncing around your skull doesn't.

Were I 26 yrs old and 225 lbs, I would still feel 80% as much of that blow as the 18 yr old, 165 lb version of me. Meanwhile, the NFL caliber version of Cordell (the dude that smoked me) is delivering 100% as much force. He's bigger, he's stronger, he's faster and he's !@#$ing meaner because this is his life.

And you just don't realize it from afar. The sights and sounds from up close are alarming. I lack the capacity for empathy so it's not something that's ever made me consider not being a fan anymore (DANCE FOR ME, CLOWNS!!!), but it was damn sure eye-opening.

Keyboard warriors can chug cock on this one. They're just absolutely wrong.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-29-2019, 03:06 PM   #820
left blank intentionally

Mike Garafolo reports Matt ****ing Cassel visiting the Colts.

They get what they deserve.
rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-29-2019, 03:18 PM   #821
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabblerouser View Post

Maybe they can boo a quarterback for retiring and cheer for a quarterback getting hurt in the same season.
Beef Supreme is obviously part of the inner Circle.Beef Supreme is obviously part of the inner Circle.Beef Supreme is obviously part of the inner Circle.Beef Supreme is obviously part of the inner Circle.Beef Supreme is obviously part of the inner Circle.Beef Supreme is obviously part of the inner Circle.Beef Supreme is obviously part of the inner Circle.Beef Supreme is obviously part of the inner Circle.Beef Supreme is obviously part of the inner Circle.Beef Supreme is obviously part of the inner Circle.Beef Supreme is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-29-2019, 03:30 PM   #822
In Search of a Life

Quote:
I got hit by a kid that ended up playing high-level DII ball (I think). This wasn't some freak of nature but just a strong, fast, aggressive kid who ended up getting a scholarship and some run at a small school. Held onto the ball and was damn proud of myself. And I wasn't going off the field because I wasn't gonna let him see that he drilled me.

But evidently I didn't look nearly as good as I thought I did because the coach came out there and dragged me by my shoulder pads out of the huddle. I guess I was a little wobble-legged or something, I dunno. I saw stars and yacked and that was the end of my day. Felt it for a couple days afterward.

And that was nothing compared to what these guys face. And while bigger, stronger, faster men can exponentially increase their ability to deliver abuse, the body's ability to take said abuse can only go up so much. Bones don't get bigger and stronger when you work out. Tendons don't. Nerves don't. Your brain bouncing around your skull doesn't.

Were I 26 yrs old and 225 lbs, I would still feel 80% as much of that blow as the 18 yr old, 165 lb version of me. Meanwhile, the NFL caliber version of Cordell (the dude that smoked me) is delivering 100% as much force. He's bigger, he's stronger, he's faster and he's !@#$ing meaner because this is his life.

And you just don't realize it from afar. The sights and sounds from up close are alarming. I lack the capacity for empathy so it's not something that's ever made me consider not being a fan anymore (DANCE FOR ME, CLOWNS!!!), but it was damn sure eye-opening.

Keyboard warriors can chug cock on this one. They're just absolutely wrong.
Yeah, I got rocked a few times by a dude from Marionville that went to set the sack record, I think, for the Mules at Warrensburg. My left tackle kept apologizing coming back to the huddle as I peeled myself off the ground.

"Sorry man, i'm trying to keep him off you" "Yeah, maybe try something different"?

The craziest athlete I remember playing was William Moore. I started as a freshman on a pretty good team at safety when he was at Hayti and a SR. Thought I had one lined up for a pick that I was gonna be pretty proud of, dude just went up, caught it and I somehow got him on the ground for a minimal YAC play. He took a slant 40 yards for a TD on the next play but I got a tackle so it's all good.

It's not even the big monster hits that people don't realize, it's the every play, lb on a fb or safety on a TE that looks normal on TV, but is a damn wreck.
O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-29-2019, 03:31 PM   #823
Best Body On ChiefsPlanet

Quote:
Sure they did.

I dont know how many times I have to say i dont have a problem w Luck retiring it is the timing of it that i have an issue w.

And it is easy for you to say 'Luck is doing the right thing,' but if you bought season tickets for the Chiefs and Mahomes retired at age 29 right before the season I seriously doubt you would come to his defense. So spare me your Andrew Luck retirement bullshit cause I'm not buying it. You just dont care cause he plays for a rival team.
PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 08-29-2019, 03:40 PM   #824
In Search of a Life

I mean, look at this ****ing hit. That shit is nuts.
Old 08-30-2019, 04:11 AM   #825
The Boom Boom Room

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabblerouser View Post

That asshole always fails forward
Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.