Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room > Media Center

Old 05-10-2019, 03:56 PM  
Veteran

New Tool

I know there's a pretty large contingent of Tool fans here so I figured I'd share in case people were still in the dark. After a longer wait than the Winds of Winter, the new album will drop 8/30. They've been playing a couple new songs live, Invincible and Descending. Bootlegs are below. The sound quality is pretty decent for audience recordings, but you do have to deal with a considerable amount of stupid people chatter in Descending.

Third Eye 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThird Eye 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThird Eye 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThird Eye 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThird Eye 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThird Eye 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThird Eye 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThird Eye 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThird Eye 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThird Eye 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThird Eye 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Old 05-14-2019, 11:48 AM   #16
Mahomes Fanboi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Third Eye View Post
It’s in no way meant to be disparaging, as I know you’re a singer as well. I’m not implying that the voice is somehow less than an instrument. Hell, in many ways it’s the opposite. I’ve just always considered a musician to be someone who PLAYS music.
Thanks! =)

I play a bit of piano, guitar, bass, drums, didgeridoo, whatever... but I don't practice enough on ANY of them to be a full timer in a working band.

I do however put that amount of effort into vocals, composing, and Mixing.

I would consider myself a musician, but I suppose for those that only know me as they see me on stage, I'd just be a singer. (but that's a little odd to me)
Molitoth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Molitoth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Molitoth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Molitoth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Molitoth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Molitoth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Molitoth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Molitoth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Molitoth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Molitoth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Molitoth is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-07-2019, 07:51 AM   #17
Supporter

So some of you might know, TOOL finally released on Digital last week, and then this -

hometeam is obviously part of the inner Circle.hometeam is obviously part of the inner Circle.hometeam is obviously part of the inner Circle.hometeam is obviously part of the inner Circle.hometeam is obviously part of the inner Circle.hometeam is obviously part of the inner Circle.hometeam is obviously part of the inner Circle.hometeam is obviously part of the inner Circle.hometeam is obviously part of the inner Circle.hometeam is obviously part of the inner Circle.hometeam is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-07-2019, 11:31 AM   #18
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by hometeam View Post
So some of you might know, TOOL finally released on Digital last week, and then this -

Meant to post about this last night. Totally forgot! Not bad for a bunch of 50+ year olds. Not earth shatteringly good, but not disappointing.
Third Eye 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThird Eye 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThird Eye 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThird Eye 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThird Eye 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThird Eye 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThird Eye 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThird Eye 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThird Eye 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThird Eye 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThird Eye 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Old 08-07-2019, 03:31 PM   #19
the one and only

Thought the title track was great, listened 4 times today already, as with most tool songs, you hear more the more you listen to it.

The special edition physical looks interesting:

Fear Inoculum is the long awaited new album from TOOL, and the band's first new album in 13 years. The album will be available digitally, and in a special Limited Edition physical package that includes a CD in a tri-fold Soft Pack Video Brochure featuring a 4" HD rechargeable screen with exclusive video footage, a USB charging cable, a 2 watt speaker and a 36 page insert book and MP3 download card
icepick64 is the dumbass Milkman is always talking abouticepick64 is the dumbass Milkman is always talking abouticepick64 is the dumbass Milkman is always talking abouticepick64 is the dumbass Milkman is always talking abouticepick64 is the dumbass Milkman is always talking abouticepick64 is the dumbass Milkman is always talking abouticepick64 is the dumbass Milkman is always talking abouticepick64 is the dumbass Milkman is always talking abouticepick64 is the dumbass Milkman is always talking abouticepick64 is the dumbass Milkman is always talking abouticepick64 is the dumbass Milkman is always talking about
Old 08-08-2019, 09:02 AM   #20
I could of gone pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by vailpass View Post
Maynard is said to be an asshole but any guy that names his grape field Merkin Vineyards is ok with me.
Anybody want to see more of Maynard, on AXS TV the Sammy Hagar Rock N Roll Road Show visited Maynard about 4 episodes ago at his vineyard in Arizona. Maynard wore a semi-suit outfit and looked kind of odd, plus he has a shaved head and Super Man Glasses. Anyway, he seemed normal and they mostly talked about wine. When Sammy said, what musician would you like to meet if given the chance and he said, Joni Mitchell. He really liked her songwriting. Sammy brought the chef Guy Fieri along, who a music fan. He made it somewhat interesting as they talked on the plane ride. I'm know AXS has those shows on-demand if anyone is interested.

DeepPurple 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDeepPurple 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDeepPurple 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDeepPurple 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDeepPurple 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDeepPurple 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDeepPurple 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDeepPurple 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDeepPurple 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDeepPurple 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDeepPurple 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Old 08-08-2019, 09:06 AM   #21
Plays to win the game!

Invincible is still my favorite. Can't wait to hear that song digitally recorded.
Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 08-08-2019, 11:30 AM   #22
Supporter

Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-08-2019, 11:50 AM   #23
Needs more middle fingers

Quote:
Originally Posted by hometeam View Post

Kinda underwhelmed. I mean, it sounds like tool instrumentally, but the vocals sound like Maynard just carried over his recent APC work. Too soft and not enough grit.

Hopefully the rest of the album has some tracks i can rock out too. I want more tracks that sound like Jambi etc.
ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 0 Thumbs Down 1     Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2019, 12:09 PM   #24
Bring it on Ahab!

Sounds like a b-side track from Lateralus.
WhiteWhale is obviously part of the inner Circle.WhiteWhale is obviously part of the inner Circle.WhiteWhale is obviously part of the inner Circle.WhiteWhale is obviously part of the inner Circle.WhiteWhale is obviously part of the inner Circle.WhiteWhale is obviously part of the inner Circle.WhiteWhale is obviously part of the inner Circle.WhiteWhale is obviously part of the inner Circle.WhiteWhale is obviously part of the inner Circle.WhiteWhale is obviously part of the inner Circle.WhiteWhale is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-08-2019, 12:11 PM   #25
Bring it on Ahab!

Quote:
It’s in no way meant to be disparaging, as I know you’re a singer as well. I’m not implying that the voice is somehow less than an instrument. Hell, in many ways it’s the opposite. I’ve just always considered a musician to be someone who PLAYS music.
You realize pretty much ALL instruments are based on the human voice right?

Skilled singers are UNQUESTIONED musicians.
WhiteWhale is obviously part of the inner Circle.WhiteWhale is obviously part of the inner Circle.WhiteWhale is obviously part of the inner Circle.WhiteWhale is obviously part of the inner Circle.WhiteWhale is obviously part of the inner Circle.WhiteWhale is obviously part of the inner Circle.WhiteWhale is obviously part of the inner Circle.WhiteWhale is obviously part of the inner Circle.WhiteWhale is obviously part of the inner Circle.WhiteWhale is obviously part of the inner Circle.WhiteWhale is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2019, 12:20 PM   #26
Veteran

Almost 30 years since Opiate. Time flies.

More Maynard:

Mennonite threw an interception on a screen pass.Mennonite threw an interception on a screen pass.Mennonite threw an interception on a screen pass.Mennonite threw an interception on a screen pass.Mennonite threw an interception on a screen pass.Mennonite threw an interception on a screen pass.Mennonite threw an interception on a screen pass.Mennonite threw an interception on a screen pass.Mennonite threw an interception on a screen pass.Mennonite threw an interception on a screen pass.Mennonite threw an interception on a screen pass.
Old 08-08-2019, 03:15 PM   #27
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detoxing View Post
Kinda underwhelmed. I mean, it sounds like tool instrumentally, but the vocals sound like Maynard just carried over his recent APC work. Too soft and not enough grit.

Hopefully the rest of the album has some tracks i can rock out too. I want more tracks that sound like Jambi etc.
Interestingly, the last thing I want is more tracks like Jambi. That and The Pot are my least favorite Tool songs.
Old 08-08-2019, 03:20 PM   #28
Veteran

Quote:
Interestingly, the last thing I want is more tracks like Jambi. That and The Pot are my least favorite Tool songs.
MatriculatingHank Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MatriculatingHank Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MatriculatingHank Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MatriculatingHank Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MatriculatingHank Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MatriculatingHank Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MatriculatingHank Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MatriculatingHank Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MatriculatingHank Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MatriculatingHank Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MatriculatingHank Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2019, 03:25 PM   #29
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MatriculatingHank View Post
I mean, we can all argue about what we like, but it’s generally considered that 10,000 Days is their worst album. Not everybody thinks that of course, but more do than not. I find those songs to be the worst songs on their worst album. It’s not advanced math!
Old 08-08-2019, 03:28 PM   #30
Veteran

For what it’s worth, Jambi is a far better song than The Pot. The Pot is just bad. Cheesy lyrics and boring guitar work. Opinions man, we all got ‘em.