Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room > Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum

Old 04-14-2019, 09:02 PM  
MVP

Trading Up (Twice?)

Asking opinions on trading up and I'm thinking twice.

Trade a future pick/picks to get up in the top 15 for an edge rusher. Maybe it takes SF's 2nd and something else like a 5th. Maybe it takes a 2020 1st, which I"d prefer on it's own rather than multiple picks. Yeah if you trade a 2020 1st you lose out on what should be another pick in the late 20's or early 30's but that SF 2nd should be top 40. My guy is Ferrell. I just don't think you get the type of player you need on the edge picking that late in a draft and the Chiefs need one.

Trading both 2nd rounders as a package to get into the top-40 for a CB. A guy that fits that zone/man mix really well is Oruwariye.

This would be my thoughts
1. ER Ferrell
2. CB Oruwariye
3. FS Redwine

Feel free to break out whomever you'd go after. I'm thinking quality of picks not necessarily quantity of picks, and really trying to go out and get an Edge and a #1 CB type. I know this is a trade down over trade up crowd so I'm going a bit against the grain.
kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 04-14-2019, 11:40 PM   #2
MVP

I like the players you propose, but you know Veach is using up that cap somehow. I’m convinced a trade for an edge player (Clark?) or a corner (Rhodes?) is coming.

I’m not moving a ton of draft capital to go hard after an unproven prospect in a defense heavy draft where the value lies in Rounds 2 and 3.

If a move up is in order, I rather the Chiefs move up in the 2nd where great talent will be, and the cost will be bearable.

If there are legs to the Clark rumors, you might make a modest move up to get a Byron Murphy, but I think the Chiefs have a good shot to land one of Adderly, Gardner-Johnson, Thornhill or Tillery at #29. Any one of them contribute immediately.
Chief Northman has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Chief Northman has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Chief Northman has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Chief Northman has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Chief Northman has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Chief Northman has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Chief Northman has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Chief Northman has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Chief Northman has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Chief Northman has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Chief Northman has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
Old 04-15-2019, 04:29 AM   #3
The 23rd Pillar

I don’t like your idea, but I like your player targets.
patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-15-2019, 06:11 AM   #4
In Pat We Trust

If Veach cannot find talent drafting outside the top 15, then we need a new GM more than anything. With Mahomes, it will be a long time before we draft top 15 again.
el borracho wants to die in a aids tree fire.el borracho wants to die in a aids tree fire.el borracho wants to die in a aids tree fire.el borracho wants to die in a aids tree fire.el borracho wants to die in a aids tree fire.el borracho wants to die in a aids tree fire.el borracho wants to die in a aids tree fire.el borracho wants to die in a aids tree fire.el borracho wants to die in a aids tree fire.el borracho wants to die in a aids tree fire.el borracho wants to die in a aids tree fire.
Thumbs Up 3 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2019, 11:25 AM   #5
Veteran

Trading up like that is too need orientated in my opinion. I would definitely be standing pat in the first round at 29, there is still a ton of chance you get a real impact player like a Tillery or a Simmons. It doesn't exactly mesh with your needs this year but they will be big impact players.

I'd be willing to give up a 2020 2nd round pick to move up in the 2nd from the current two spots, but that's as far as I'd be willing to go.
Chargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Old 04-15-2019, 08:08 PM   #6
MVP

I'm absolutely in agreement that there will be talent at 29 that can contribute. What I'm not convinced of is that there will be an edge rusher available that late that will be a difference maker or even worth the pick. I'm very worried that the Chiefs pass rush in 2019 will be only Chris Jones. The Chiefs really have noone else that can get after the QB.

Speaks did not show me a guy that could get after it from the edge regularly last season. Ogbah and Okafor have shown for years now that they can't.

The guys I see that can do that in this draft are: Bosa, Ferrell, Sweat, Allen, Burns, Gary, and Winovich. I've been working on my final mock with trades and I kind of see the following: Bosa at 2, Allen at 4, Gary at 5, Sweat at 10 (mocked a Denver/New York trade), Ferrell at 15, Burns at 16, and Winovich at 20.

Of course there are a few names with some potential out there. Ximines, Ferguson, Bryant, Crosby, Hollins, Polite, and Brailford all show some promise but I'm nowhere near as high on any of them and really half that list are better suited as 3-4 OLB projects. I'm not sure how much of an impact any of that list really makes year one. I see Ferguson, Bryant, and Polite as best bets.

I'm not balls deep on seeing the need to trade up twice but wanted to throw it out there. I do really see the need for getting up in 1 for a pass rusher though. I think this is the year to do it when you know you have extra picks in the bag next year to offset making the move.

Of course, if Veach does trade for a pass rusher like Clark before the draft this changes things. We're a couple weeks out and it hasn't happened though, so I'm not so sure it does.
kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 04-15-2019, 09:20 PM   #7
Banned!

Just simulated 4 rounds (again). I've yet to find results that aren't acceptable.

29: R1P29 TE T.J. HOCKENSON IOWA
61: R2P29 S JUAN THORNHILL VIRGINIA
63: R2P31 C ERIK MCCOY TEXAS A&M
92: R3P28 CB AMANI ORUWARIYE PENN ST.
Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 0 Thumbs Down 1     Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2019, 09:22 PM   #8
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla View Post
Just simulated 4 rounds (again). I've yet to find results that aren't acceptable.

29: R1P29 TE T.J. HOCKENSON IOWA
61: R2P29 S JUAN THORNHILL VIRGINIA
63: R2P31 C ERIK MCCOY TEXAS A&M
92: R3P28 CB AMANI ORUWARIYE PENN ST.
Because the system you're relying upon is unacceptable, inaccurate trash and has proven to be year-in and year-out for quite a while now.

Edit: You likely just drafted a top 12 player, a 1st rounder, and a top 40 player in one draft.