Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room > Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum

Old 09-27-2020, 02:21 AM  
MVP

Early Mock 9/27/20

Offseason

Chiefs extend S T. Mathieu for 2 years and LT E. Fisher for 4 years, reducing their 2021 cap hits.
RFA tender 1st Rd CB C. Ward and Orig. Rd WR B. Pringle
ERFA tender TE N. Keizer, DE D. Harris, and CB A. Brown
Re-sign OG K. Osemele to a 3-year deal and FB A. Sherman and DT M. Pennel to 1-year deals.
Release QB C. Henne, Retire RG L. Duvernay-Tardif (call it a hunch, that's all)
Re-sign the scrub squad to reserve/futures deals.
Let walk WR S. Watkins, S D. Sorensen, CB B. Breeland, LB D. Wilson, WR D. Robinson, OC A. Reiter, RT M. Remmers, DE T. Kpassagnon, OC D. Kilgore, CB A. Hamilton, TE R. Seals-Jones, S T. Thompson, DE T. Charlton, TE D. Yelder, OG A. Wylie, WR M. Kemp, RB Dar. Williams, LB B. Niemann

Draft

1. LB Nick Bolton, Missouri (6'0" 230)
The Chiefs linebackers are abysmal and need an injection of speed and talent. Bolton has both and can man any of the 3 spots.

2. OG Royce Newman, Ole Miss (6'5" 305)
The Chiefs need a long-term solution at guard and Newman could be the most athletic O-line specimen in the draft, ala Wirfs, which will speak to Reid and his zone scheme. I also think the breakdowns in protections this year are going to prompt Veach and Reid to address O-line early and often in 2021.

3. OC James Empey, BYU (6'4" 300)
There may not be a better center in the country overall but Empey gets no lover being from a lesser program. He's the best pass blocking center out there and we all know Reid will keep an eye on BYU players.

4. WR Kadarius Toney, Florida (5'11" 195)
There will be needs at WR no matter how you slice it and Toney is a prototypical Reid slash WR that can do alot underneath and turn small plays into big gains. A 2019 injury may keep him from going much higher.

4. CB Nick McCloud, Notre Dame/NC State (6'1" 190)
The CB room will continue to need additions again in 2021 with Breeland becoming a FA and Ward likely coming back on a 1-year tender. McCloud was a team captain at NC State before grad-transferring to ND. He's a long press corner with fluid, clean footwork for a longer corner and is good in off-coverage showing adequate burst to close and crowd the catch radius.

5. FS Brady Breeze, Oregon (6'0" 198)
Losing Dirty Dan will mean replacing him and Breeze brings alot of similar attributes and is just a solid football player. He hits hard for his size, he's pretty quick, and he gets his hands on footballs to create plays.

5. DE Malik Fisher, Villanova (6'4" 255)
At some point, the Chiefs will need to address at least depth at DE and I really like Fisher from Villanova in the FCS. He has a really similar build to Frank Clark, he's stout against the run, and he provides a solid pass rush.

6. LB Jacquez Williams, Wake Forest (6'2" 220)
I think at this juncture you're looking for guys that can play special teams and provide some depth, and the Chiefs will need it at LB. Williams is pretty quick and can man the weak side in the NFL, but he's going to need to gain some mass to take on NFL blockers. That said, he's shown some ability to make plays and be reliable in pass coverage.

7. TE Nick Muse, South Carolina (6'4" 240)
The Chiefs always seem to be lacking in the TE department, so why not take a flier on a guy that has flashed some playmaking ability and attitude in Muse. He could be a nice sleeper pickup.

QB: P. Mahomes, J. Ta'amu
RB: C. Edwards-Helaire, D. Williams, D. Thompson
FB: A. Sherman

WR: T. Hill, M. Hardman, B. Pringle, K. Toney, K. Lipscomb, J. Forston
TE: T. Kelce, N. Keizer, N. Muse

LT: E. Fisher
LG: K. Osemele, M. Rankin
OC: J. Empey, N. Allegretti
RG: R. Newman, Y. Durant
RT: M. Schwartz, L. Niang

DE: F. Clark, D. Harris
DT: C. Jones, T. Wharton
DT: D. Nnadi, K. Saunders, M. Pennel
DE: M. Danna, M. Fisher, T. Ward

SLB: W. Gay, D. Harris
ILB: A. Hitchens, J. Williams
WLB: N. Bolton, D. O'Daniel

CB: C. Ward, L. Sneed, R. Fenton, N. McCloud, T. Keyes
S: T. Mathieu, J. Thornhill, B. Breeze, A. Watts, R. Clemons

K: Butker
P: Townsend
LS: Winchester
kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 10-15-2020, 08:36 AM   #31
M-I-Z-Z-O-U

Quote:
Originally Posted by kccrow View Post
This might be the best video showcasing his skillset. I really like the kid alot

Man, he's dynamic.

Only issue I really see is that he doesn't look like a "hands" catcher - more of a body catcher.

I like Chris Olave (Ohio State) a lot, too. Great separator.
duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-15-2020, 10:54 AM   #32
Andy Reid Supporter

I just really want to see an OL, particularly a C, taken in the first 2 rounds and have another developmental IOL in the 5th or 6th.

Need to start rebuilding the OL.
RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-15-2020, 02:36 PM   #33
Starter

Quote:
This might be the best video showcasing his skillset. I really like the kid alot

I want to preface my post by saying I do like Stevenson. That said, the talent disparity that Houston has across the board compared to their weekly competition is astronomical. In the highlights you shared, you’re seeing a future NFL QB throwing to a future NFL WR, opposite another future NFL WR, with an OL that has 2 players already in the league and 1-2 more that might make it. The defenses, on the other hand, MAYBE have 1-2 kids who will be late round fliers.

Stevenson has a nice balance of measurable and athleticism that validates his potential. I’m not trying to invalidate him because he goes to Houston, just caution that circumstances set him up for stat production and highlight reel. When taking a prospect like him, our scouts really need to do their homework to determine if he’s a gem or the product of the system and talent around him. I trust our front office and would be excited if they do view him as a Watkins replacement.
Kellerfox must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Kellerfox must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Kellerfox must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Kellerfox must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Kellerfox must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Kellerfox must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Kellerfox must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Kellerfox must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Kellerfox must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Kellerfox must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Kellerfox must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
Old 10-15-2020, 10:33 PM   #34
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho View Post
Man, he's dynamic.

Only issue I really see is that he doesn't look like a "hands" catcher - more of a body catcher.

I like Chris Olave (Ohio State) a lot, too. Great separator.
I agree with you, I just think it's mostly prevalent on deep balls and balls behind him. If you look at 1:24, then about 6 plays in a row starting at 2:04, and then another at 4:16, I think its pretty clear he can and does pluck the ball with some regularity and I've seen it in games as well. I think it's just coaching him up a bit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellerfox View Post
I want to preface my post by saying I do like Stevenson. That said, the talent disparity that Houston has across the board compared to their weekly competition is astronomical. In the highlights you shared, you’re seeing a future NFL QB throwing to a future NFL WR, opposite another future NFL WR, with an OL that has 2 players already in the league and 1-2 more that might make it. The defenses, on the other hand, MAYBE have 1-2 kids who will be late round fliers.

Stevenson has a nice balance of measurable and athleticism that validates his potential. I’m not trying to invalidate him because he goes to Houston, just caution that circumstances set him up for stat production and highlight reel. When taking a prospect like him, our scouts really need to do their homework to determine if he’s a gem or the product of the system and talent around him. I trust our front office and would be excited if they do view him as a Watkins replacement.
Well sure, as is the case with alot of college players and especially any that don't play in the Big10, ACC, or SEC, but even they sometimes need some serious valuation if they play on one of the powerhouse teams. You have to look at his skill set, and he most definitely has an NFL skill set with sub 4.4 speed to boot. I posted the highlight video of his sophomore year because it's a nice sample of his abilities. I've watched quite a few of those games but I can't exactly post them. It's pretty clear that clowning DBs is not a system deal, all the while being the only major receiving threat on that team.

Sure the body of work isn't there against top competition but there isn't much you can do about that. He put up 7 for 80 and a TD plus a 13 yd rush against Oklahoma last year and 6 for 106 and 2 TD against South Florida in 2018. That South Florida team had Mazzi Williams, who at least got a shot as a UDFA in the league, and Mike Hampton, who will most likely get a similar chance so they aren't complete shit.
kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 10-17-2020, 10:43 AM   #35
Supporter

Quote:
I agree with you, I just think it's mostly prevalent on deep balls and balls behind him. If you look at 1:24, then about 6 plays in a row starting at 2:04, and then another at 4:16, I think its pretty clear he can and does pluck the ball with some regularity and I've seen it in games as well. I think it's just coaching him up a bit.

Well sure, as is the case with alot of college players and especially any that don't play in the Big10, ACC, or SEC, but even they sometimes need some serious valuation if they play on one of the powerhouse teams. You have to look at his skill set, and he most definitely has an NFL skill set with sub 4.4 speed to boot. I posted the highlight video of his sophomore year because it's a nice sample of his abilities. I've watched quite a few of those games but I can't exactly post them. It's pretty clear that clowning DBs is not a system deal, all the while being the only major receiving threat on that team.

Sure the body of work isn't there against top competition but there isn't much you can do about that. He put up 7 for 80 and a TD plus a 13 yd rush against Oklahoma last year and 6 for 106 and 2 TD against South Florida in 2018. That South Florida team had Mazzi Williams, who at least got a shot as a UDFA in the league, and Mike Hampton, who will most likely get a similar chance so they aren't complete shit.
Yeah, that video was kind of jumpy, like the encoding was crappy or something looked like he wasn't running very fast until you put him next to a dude that ought to at least be able to run some.

The video didn't show much of his route running except on that go route where he just blew by the dude and that little shimmy looked sloppy. It would be nice to see some whole field video. Maybe it matters less than it used to with more vertical concepts in the offense now. Plus Hardman doesn't run great routes.

One good thing, is that SMU video, that safety REALLY hit him, held on to the ball and all the stuff you want to see.

Dude has some filthy moves with the ball in his hands. Wow.
Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-17-2020, 07:45 PM   #36
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buehler445 View Post
Yeah, that video was kind of jumpy, like the encoding was crappy or something looked like he wasn't running very fast until you put him next to a dude that ought to at least be able to run some.

The video didn't show much of his route running except on that go route where he just blew by the dude and that little shimmy looked sloppy. It would be nice to see some whole field video. Maybe it matters less than it used to with more vertical concepts in the offense now. Plus Hardman doesn't run great routes.

One good thing, is that SMU video, that safety REALLY hit him, held on to the ball and all the stuff you want to see.

Dude has some filthy moves with the ball in his hands. Wow.
He's one of the few I really like this draft for KC. I also like Chris Olave from Ohio State, Kadarius Toney from Florida, and Dazz Newsome from North Carolina.
Old 05-01-2021, 07:10 AM   #37
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by staylor26 View Post
I love Bolton for the Chiefs at 32. Gay and Bolton would go a long way to fixing this LB group.

If Bolton is gone, I’d take a long look at Chaz Surrat as well.
Damn kccrow we should’ve just had the draft back in September and we’d be on the money this year
staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-01-2021, 02:19 PM   #38
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by staylor26 View Post
Damn kccrow we should’ve just had the draft back in September and we’d be on the money this year
LOL right?! I'm gonna just quit following the process when the first boards come out and call it good from now on
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote