Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room

Old 05-11-2008, 11:49 AM  
Right in the Lumberyard Danny

***Official Bushwood Country Club Lounge***

Okay, here is a place for the Golfers to talk about tournaments, clubs, swing help or thoughts.

Today is the Players Championship, which I think ought to be the 5th Major. Largest pot in the PGA. The daunting 17th, which seems to bring excitement every year. At least we will get to see Sergio blow up yet again.

I am ready to see some water balls!
smittysbar must have mowed badgirl's lawn.smittysbar must have mowed badgirl's lawn.smittysbar must have mowed badgirl's lawn.smittysbar must have mowed badgirl's lawn.smittysbar must have mowed badgirl's lawn.smittysbar must have mowed badgirl's lawn.smittysbar must have mowed badgirl's lawn.smittysbar must have mowed badgirl's lawn.smittysbar must have mowed badgirl's lawn.smittysbar must have mowed badgirl's lawn.smittysbar must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
Old 09-21-2020, 08:23 PM   #5686
Wasted away again...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWillie View Post
How are you liking them? Never tried Callaway irons before but hit their drivers pretty well.

What are those other woods, Taylor Made? I've been looking at the Sim irons as possibly buying this winter.
I haven't really hit them much. Was under the weather right after I got them so couldn't get out and hit them. I hit them pretty well during my fitting though. I'm hoping to get out to the range this week and out on the course this weekend.

The driver and 5W are Taylormade. They are fairly new (within 3-4 years) so I didn't replace those, but did reshaft the driver. The 3W is a Callaway Mavrik and I absofreaking love it. Goes almost as far as my driver.
Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-26-2020, 05:49 PM   #5687
Starter

seems carl is in bit of a spot for using a doobie brothers song without permission in their advertising for bill murrays' golf clothing line

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/09/24/b...-brothers.html
cripple creek is not part of the Right 53.cripple creek is not part of the Right 53.cripple creek is not part of the Right 53.cripple creek is not part of the Right 53.cripple creek is not part of the Right 53.cripple creek is not part of the Right 53.cripple creek is not part of the Right 53.cripple creek is not part of the Right 53.cripple creek is not part of the Right 53.cripple creek is not part of the Right 53.cripple creek is not part of the Right 53.
Old 10-30-2020, 08:08 PM   #5688
Leto Atreides for Prez 2024

The golf simulator is 99% done. Just need to hook up the gaming computer. This is on a shitty 520 Intel Integrated card

BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-31-2020, 11:22 AM   #5689
I love your mom

Quote:
The golf simulator is 99% done. Just need to hook up the gaming computer. This is on a shitty 520 Intel Integrated card

pretty sweet and I am jealous, dick.
Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.
Old 10-31-2020, 10:26 PM   #5690

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monticore View Post
pretty sweet and I am jealous, dick.
Up in the snowy great north if would be a good investment. We can play each other from afar. They have tonnnns of amazing scenic Canadian courses on TGC2019
BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-31-2020, 11:06 PM   #5691
Wasted away again...

Quote:
Up in the snowy great north if would be a good investment. We can play each other from afar. They have tonnnns of amazing scenic Canadian courses on TGC2019
Yeah, I'm jealous as **** too. Is the new 2K21 game going to work on that?
Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-01-2020, 01:54 PM   #5692

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dartgod View Post
Yeah, I'm jealous as **** too. Is the new 2K21 game going to work on that?
I'm not sure, from what I hear TGC2019 will be around for a couple more years. I have the lifetime membership that costs $1,000 so I'm really not ready to have them come along with another one I have to buy.

Most people use TGC2019 or E6. WGT is garbage. It's pretty amazing though the courses you can play on TGC2019. There is soo many courses. And you can make your own. Typically it has been a difficult task to make courses but now they have Lidar data that makes it much easier. It's kind of funny though, all the great courses in Kansas City aren't on TGC2019 but Adams Pointe, Canyon Farms (i like that one) and Swope Park are.
Old 11-02-2020, 03:59 PM   #5693
I love your mom

Quote:
Would extend my golf season by about 10 1/2 months .Yeah plenty of really nice course n the Hunstville area but covered in white shit most of the year.
Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.
Old 11-12-2020, 11:41 AM   #5694
My Mamma Says

It’s weird watching the Masters in November..
Kman34 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Kman34 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Kman34 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Kman34 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Kman34 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Kman34 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Kman34 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Kman34 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Kman34 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Kman34 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Kman34 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-12-2020, 12:02 PM   #5695
In Search of a Life

Tiger -3 thru 7

Dechambeau all over the map
O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-13-2020, 04:57 PM   #5696
Suupraa Geniuuusss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pointer19 View Post
Very amateur here... I hit some balls at the range last night and couldn't drive more than 200 yards. I'm going to blame it on my $50 garage sale clubs. I was shooting most balls straight. What's the key to getting more distance?
Mechanics. Back when I played regularly, I could hit a drive over 250, and a few times approached 300. And that was with the cheapo set of Chi Chi Rodriguez clubs my dad got me when I was 13.

But I took a lot of lessons and understood the mechanics of what I was trying to do. A golf swing is a multi-hinged pendulum motion. The more exact your timing the more energy will be transferred to the clubhead at impact, and the farther the ball will travel. Being taller can help due to increased leverage, but swinging at the ball harder generally is a losing proposition.

Get some lessons from the best instructor you can afford. that's the fastest, and in the long run, the least expensive way to increase consistently useable distance.

A decent set of mid-range clubs might show you an increase of 10-20 yards right off the bat, if the clubs you're using are really bad/old. New tech basically gives you a larger sweet spot, so more off-center hits still go relatively straight. But new drivers use fast reflex alloys that are more efficient than older clubheads, so you should see an increase in velocity/distance there as well.

Be advised that there are shops that sell second-hand clubs, so you don't have to buy a brand-new set. Go to one of these shops and buy a set or just a driver from 2016 or whatever; the difference in tech from 5 years ago isn't that different from 2020.
Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-13-2020, 09:20 PM   #5697

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.city View Post
Tiger -3 thru 7

Dechambeau all over the map
Bryson could go out and shoot 63 tomorrow but the way he plays he can continue to post some big numbers. The guy did get screwed today though. He was 20 yds from driving a par 4 green and 5 to 7 yards into the rough. You could clearly see where it should have been but they couldn't find it. So stroke and distance and Im sure the frustration boiled over so he bogeyed the next two holes. Just incredibly unlucky. With fans he probably pars that hole because someone would have located it easily.
Old 11-13-2020, 09:30 PM   #5698
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Bryson could go out and shoot 63 tomorrow but the way he plays he can continue to post some big numbers. The guy did get screwed today though. He was 20 yds from driving a par 4 green and 5 to 7 yards into the rough. You could clearly see where it should have been but they couldn't find it. So stroke and distance and Im sure the frustration boiled over so he bogeyed the next two holes. Just incredibly unlucky. With fans he probably pars that hole because someone would have located it easily.
The lines he takes are just wild therr I don’t think it will work. Such small margin for error
O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-14-2020, 06:05 AM   #5699
Now you've pissed me off!

It's so bizarre to see Augusta with legitimately shaggy rough in some areas.
'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-14-2020, 06:31 AM   #5700
Custom User Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins View Post
It's so bizarre to see Augusta with legitimately shaggy rough in some areas.

Had to try and do something to try and give that course teeth this time of year.
kstater threw an interception on a screen pass.kstater threw an interception on a screen pass.kstater threw an interception on a screen pass.kstater threw an interception on a screen pass.kstater threw an interception on a screen pass.kstater threw an interception on a screen pass.kstater threw an interception on a screen pass.kstater threw an interception on a screen pass.kstater threw an interception on a screen pass.kstater threw an interception on a screen pass.kstater threw an interception on a screen pass.