Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 01-23-2011, 11:58 AM  
Seeking the Truth daily

Off Season Lets Talk Guns, Part 2

Been a while since we had a guns n' ammo discussion.

Some of you are AR shooters Im sure. Im looking at a Colt 6920. Will be my first AR. Picked up a Glock this fall and really enjoy shooting it. Any feedback on that weapon?

Anyone else been in a buy/sell/trade mood with hardware?

Last edited by Bearcat; 07-28-2015 at 05:52 PM..
HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-31-2020, 09:31 AM   #3736
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randallflagg View Post
Depends on who wins the election. Trump - things will get back to normal. Biden - Better hope we will be able to purchase, the panic will be palatable. Damn I'm glad I stay stocked up..
It doesn't matter. They don't want to commit political suicide.

They've tried in the past and it cost them dearly. It's all talk at this point as long as we all do our job and smack them down when they actually try something.
notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2020, 11:12 AM   #3737
**** the Raiders

Quote:
Originally Posted by notorious View Post
It doesn't matter. They don't want to commit political suicide.

They've tried in the past and it cost them dearly. It's all talk at this point as long as we all do our job and smack them down when they actually try something.
I’m going to have to disagree here. The threats of stacking the SC, adding DC and PR as states and doing away with the EC are completely serious.

If the opposition wins both the White House and the senate it is a legit game changer - the country as we have known it goes away. They have become so radicalized that they are at an “all in” frame of mind. They will not allow us another opportunity to have power.
Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2020, 11:30 AM   #3738
Opie and Anthony XM 105

Anyone have experience with the Swampfox LPVO scopes? Particularly the Arrowhead series. Just got an AR and need an optic. I don't want to get something shitty, but I don't have an unlimited budget. I was looking at the Primary Arms LPVOs but it seems they aren't daylight bright for illumination.

Ideally, I'd like to find an LPVO that is somewhat close to a red dot on 1x.....seems to be a tough ask really.

I'm also one who has this shiny new toy and no ammo.....really hoping the panic is over soon so I can stock up properly like I have for my handguns.
Kyle DeLexus is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Kyle DeLexus is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Kyle DeLexus is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Kyle DeLexus is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Kyle DeLexus is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Kyle DeLexus is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Kyle DeLexus is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Kyle DeLexus is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Kyle DeLexus is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Kyle DeLexus is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Kyle DeLexus is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old 10-31-2020, 01:10 PM   #3739
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle DeLexus View Post
Anyone have experience with the Swampfox LPVO scopes? Particularly the Arrowhead series. Just got an AR and need an optic. I don't want to get something shitty, but I don't have an unlimited budget. I was looking at the Primary Arms LPVOs but it seems they aren't daylight bright for illumination.

Ideally, I'd like to find an LPVO that is somewhat close to a red dot on 1x.....seems to be a tough ask really.

I'm also one who has this shiny new toy and no ammo.....really hoping the panic is over soon so I can stock up properly like I have for my handguns.
Heard of them, but never had the pleasure of using one. I hear the glass is great, though..
Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-31-2020, 01:28 PM   #3740
Itinerant degenerate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megatron96 View Post
General guidelines for a first handgun (Unless you're going to CC):

Buy American. Note that several 'foreign' manufacturers have factories in the U.S., such as BerettaUSA, SIG-USA, etc. In the event of a problem getting help is much easier, shorter turn-around, and less expensive. Also American handguns are just about the best in the world. Most American gun companies offer some kind of limited warranty or have an implied warranty, such as Ruger that will repair or replace a gun almost regardless of issue/damage/fault/age. Most foreign manufacturers aren't nearly as easy to deal with and you have to read the fine print in their warranties, plus pay overseas shipping rates. Both ways.

Buy a full-size (FS) gun. Bigger guns are easier to manipulate, easier to shoot straight, absorbs recoil more, and usually have higher capacity.

Buy a gun with a proven history. Don't make the mistake of buying something that was just designed last year. It usually takes 2-4 years for a company to work out the bugs in any new design, making it more likely you'll end up with a defective part or manufacture if the thing came off the drawing board yesterday.

Buy a gun with a large aftermarket parts/accessory field. Guns nowadays are designed to accept all sorts of aftermarket parts, such as night sights, red dots, lasers, triggers, weapon-lights, etc. You shouldn't necessarily overload your gun with accessories but some of them might be extremely helpful on the range or in a gunfight. All handguns that I own that I might use in SD/HD get speed dot type iron sights(AmeriGlo I-Dot), and a weapon-light at the minimum. A couple have lasers, and one has a red dot. The capability to hang accessories on a gun also makes it a little more resaleable.

Buy a polymer gun. I wasn't always so sanguine about plastic fantastic guns, but the fact is that these things are reliable, durable, and just as accurate as any stock HD-type handgun. Plus, they all are very similar in their operation, controls, and field-stripping procedures. So if you've seen one . . .

But the biggest advantage to polymer guns is that just flat require less maintenance and care than an all-metal firearm. Taking one down and doing your due diligence with cleaning and maintenance literally takes less than five minutes these days and that includes putting it back together.

Or you can neglect to clean and lube the thing for several months to a year and it's not a problem. As a test, I once put several of my handguns through 12 months of shooting once a week, about 2,000 rds per gun without doing any maintenance whatsoever. All but one performed throughout with nary a failure, and the other might've actually been due to a bad round. This was not possible a couple decades ago with most all-metal handguns.

Suggested manufacturers:

S&W
Glock
Ruger (Sturm, Ruger & Co.)
SIG-USA
BerettaUSA
Springfield Armory
Colt
Walther Arms -USA

Final note:

Using a handgun for SD/HD actually requires a fair amount of training and practice. The reality is that handguns were and are and always will be 'last-ditch' weapons for close contact combat. Pistol calibers are by necessity rather small and underpowered, they are difficult to aim at longer than arm's reach, and thus a lot of training is required to become proficient in SD/HD type shooting. If you aren't interested in putting in the effort and time, I respectfully suggest that some kind of PCC (Pistol Caliber Carbine) would be a much, much better choice for home defense purposes. PCCs are much easier to aim and shoot effectively, require less overall training, are more accurate out of the box even for newbies, and usually have significantly more firepower.
Thanks for the advice. Got a S&W 9MM at Rural King this morning.

No ammo for it, though. They can’t keep ammo in stock.
Hoopsdoc has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Hoopsdoc has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Hoopsdoc has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Hoopsdoc has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Hoopsdoc has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Hoopsdoc has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Hoopsdoc has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Hoopsdoc has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Hoopsdoc has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Hoopsdoc has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Hoopsdoc has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
Old 10-31-2020, 01:49 PM   #3741
Suupraa Geniuuusss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoopsdoc View Post
Thanks for the advice. Got a S&W 9MM at Rural King this morning.

No ammo for it, though. They can’t keep ammo in stock.
If you're here in the PHX area, try Shooter's World. It'll be pretty pricey, but last time I was there they did have 9mm. Like $35/box I think.
Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-31-2020, 06:40 PM   #3742
Psycho Bag Of Squanch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bwana View Post
Ultrasonic cleaning is VERY effective.

Yeah I was shocked the guy gave me that sweet of a deal. He spent a lot of hours on that project. When I go to get the AK, I'm probably pick him up a bottle of something as a bonus.
Thanks. A bottle sounds like the right thing to do.
vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-31-2020, 06:42 PM   #3743
Veteran

Quote:
If you're here in the PHX area, try Shooter's World. It'll be pretty pricey, but last time I was there they did have 9mm. Like $35/box I think.
box of how many? that’s outrageous price
ljmhawk is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.ljmhawk is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.ljmhawk is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.ljmhawk is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.ljmhawk is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.ljmhawk is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.ljmhawk is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.
Old 10-31-2020, 06:47 PM   #3744
Suupraa Geniuuusss

Quote:
Originally Posted by ljmhawk View Post
box of how many? that’s outrageous price
50. Yeah, it is. But people are buying it at that price, so what are you going to do? This is why I began reloading and why I stocked up when prices were low. This is the third time since 2000 that this has happened; after 2008 I learned my lesson. "Learn to roll your own, and stack it high and deep when able."
Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-01-2020, 07:51 AM   #3745
Veteran

Picked up this Nighthawk Agent 2 in 9mm the week before, and ran 250 through it yesterday. My second Hawk, and yes it’s everything I hoped for.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	E3A13881-C15B-4022-90A3-2D7F052906AD.jpg
Views:	248
Size:	151.5 KB
ID:	121441  
Cheater5 threw an interception on a screen pass.Cheater5 threw an interception on a screen pass.Cheater5 threw an interception on a screen pass.Cheater5 threw an interception on a screen pass.Cheater5 threw an interception on a screen pass.Cheater5 threw an interception on a screen pass.Cheater5 threw an interception on a screen pass.Cheater5 threw an interception on a screen pass.Cheater5 threw an interception on a screen pass.Cheater5 threw an interception on a screen pass.Cheater5 threw an interception on a screen pass.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2020, 08:18 AM   #3746
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheater5 View Post
Picked up this Nighthawk Agent 2 in 9mm the week before, and ran 250 through it yesterday. My second Hawk, and yes it’s everything I hoped for.

Damn! Good looking pistol!!
Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-02-2020, 04:48 PM   #3747
Supporter

FWIW there are some 500-650 AR-15s again. Palmetto has standard ARs for 550. Other places, like Classic Firearms have ARs with rails and some basic accessories for the 600 range.

They’re not Daniel Defense but they’re ARs for not a ton of money.

Maybe things are mellowing. Or if you’re wanting one...
Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-02-2020, 05:39 PM   #3748
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buehler445 View Post
FWIW there are some 500-650 AR-15s again. Palmetto has standard ARs for 550. Other places, like Classic Firearms have ARs with rails and some basic accessories for the 600 range.

They’re not Daniel Defense but they’re ARs for not a ton of money.

Maybe things are mellowing. Or if you’re wanting one...
Do you know if they have them in stock? Or is it a waiting thing?what is a Daniel defense ? I know next to nothing about ar’s but my son wants to buy one and somebody just mentioned that site to him yesterday.
R Clark wants to die in a aids tree fire.R Clark wants to die in a aids tree fire.R Clark wants to die in a aids tree fire.R Clark wants to die in a aids tree fire.R Clark wants to die in a aids tree fire.R Clark wants to die in a aids tree fire.R Clark wants to die in a aids tree fire.R Clark wants to die in a aids tree fire.R Clark wants to die in a aids tree fire.R Clark wants to die in a aids tree fire.R Clark wants to die in a aids tree fire.
Old 11-02-2020, 05:56 PM   #3749
Suupraa Geniuuusss

Quote:
Originally Posted by R Clark View Post
Do you know if they have them in stock? Or is it a waiting thing?what is a Daniel defense ? I know next to nothing about ar’s but my son wants to buy one and somebody just mentioned that site to him yesterday.
Daniel Defense makes one of the best, most durable, reliable, accurate AR-15s on the market. They're actually originally produced for the military/LE market, not necessarily for civilians.

Stole this from a review of DD's Mk18:
Quote:
Quality is key. Aim for quality not quantity. Those are just a few of the hundreds of sayings about quality. And how useful is a an AR that has bad quality? About as useful as a poopy flavored lolly pop (Dodgeball movie quote). The MK18 is definitely not lacking in the quality department.

Have you ever heard of Cold-Hammer Forging? Well, short story version, its a forging process that forges the metal at a molecular level while at room temperature (which is why it’s called “Cold Forged”), aligning the molecules to provide greater strength and rigidity. In simple phrasing, it’s the best way to make barrels. Daniel Defense is one of only five companies worldwide that produces them. The process creates superior toughness and durability.
The point is that DD's are not made as "sport" rifles like 90% of ARs made today; DD's are designed to withstand combat or competition conditions and keep functioning at the highest levels.

They are then much more expensive than a typical run-of-the-mill AR-15, but you get a much higher quality machine for your money in return.

If you decide that an AR-15 is more about protecting your life/lives of your loved ones than it is about having fun, or you decide you want to go to the Nationals, that's when you start looking at guns like the ones Daniel Defense makes.

Another would be LMT (Lewis Machine & Tool).
Old 11-02-2020, 06:02 PM   #3750
Veteran

Quote:
Daniel Defense makes one of the best, most durable, reliable, accurate AR-15s on the market. They're actually originally produced for the military/LE market, not necessarily for civilians.

Stole this from a review of DD's Mk18:

The point is that DD's are not made as "sport" rifles like 90% of ARs made today; DD's are designed to withstand combat or competition conditions and keep functioning at the highest levels.

They are then much more expensive than a typical run-of-the-mill AR-15, but you get a much higher quality machine for your money in return.

If you decide that an AR-15 is more about protecting your life/lives of your loved ones than it is about having fun, or you decide you want to go to the Nationals, that's when you start looking at guns like the ones Daniel Defense makes.

Another would be LMT (Lewis Machine & Tool).
thanks for the info, so do you have a ballpark idea on what they run during normal time’s not the inflated prices we got going on now
R Clark wants to die in a aids tree fire.R Clark wants to die in a aids tree fire.R Clark wants to die in a aids tree fire.R Clark wants to die in a aids tree fire.R Clark wants to die in a aids tree fire.R Clark wants to die in a aids tree fire.R Clark wants to die in a aids tree fire.R Clark wants to die in a aids tree fire.R Clark wants to die in a aids tree fire.R Clark wants to die in a aids tree fire.R Clark wants to die in a aids tree fire.