Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 02-26-2020, 10:28 PM  
MVP

***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***

A couple of reminders...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bwana View Post
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dartgod View Post
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

Last edited by Bearcat; 03-25-2020 at 08:56 AM.. Reason: adding spoiler tag
JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 10-31-2020, 09:56 AM   #45901
I love your mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redbled View Post
Friend in her 60s was placed on a ventilator yesterday. She’s a marathon runner. Don’t read stats on ventilator survival rate.
That sucks man .
Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.
Old 10-31-2020, 10:23 AM   #45902
Life is changing..

Quote:
Originally Posted by petegz28 View Post
97 using right hand
98 using left hand

So that's good I guess....as I am moving around I am starting to feel a bit better but starting to break out in hives again which means more Benadryl which means more sleep...ugh
Good news!

The hives wouldn't hare happen to be a side effect of the antibiotics prescribed, would they?
TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-31-2020, 10:39 AM   #45903
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLO View Post
Good news!

The hives wouldn't hare happen to be a side effect of the antibiotics prescribed, would they?
Might be. I have always tended to break out into hives when I get really sick though especially when fever is involved.
petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-31-2020, 10:50 AM   #45904
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donger View Post
Hopefully this will help:
Somehow I doubt it.
suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-31-2020, 10:53 AM   #45905
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monticore View Post
What I am not sure but I assume that alll of those would count towards their respective stats + 1 covid, + 1 pneumonia etc..
But it reads as ARS, which was a consequence of Pneumonia, which was a consequence of COVID-19.

So the underlying cause is COVID-19.

But then some propaganda outlet comes out with some new take on "Only 12% of death certificates list COVID-19 alone!". Then half a dozen posters come running in here breathless to post it. Repeat every week or so.
suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2020, 10:58 AM   #45906
I love your mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzzer99 View Post
But it reads as ARS, which was a consequence of Pneumonia, which was a consequence of COVID-19.

So the underlying cause is COVID-19.

But then some propaganda outlet comes out with some new take on "Only 12% of death certificates list COVID-19 alone!" knowing it's complete BS. Then half a dozen posters come running in here breathless to post it. Repeat every week or so.
i understand that , i was just thinking of how the stats would be tracked in databases.

I assume They keep stats on pneumonia related deaths , I assume some of them are related to other conditions , I don't think they just count pneumonias that caused death that were unrelated to something else.
Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.
Old 10-31-2020, 11:00 AM   #45907
In Search of a Life

I would assume there's a special stat for original underlying cause of death. But who knows.

I work for a university in the fund-raising department. You can give as many family members and family foundations credit for a gift as you want. We'll be happy to give them all credit. But only one gets the receipt for tax purposes. We call it hard credit and soft credit.
Old 10-31-2020, 11:07 AM   #45908
I love your mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzzer99 View Post
I would assume there's a special stat for original underlying cause of death. But who knows.

I work for a university in the fund-raising department. You can give as many family members and family foundations credit for a gift as you want. We'll be happy to give them all credit. But only one gets the receipt for tax purposes. We call it hard credit and soft credit.
Yeah not sure who decides or what the criteria is for becoming a stat for that specific illness.

renal failure for example is a stats they have a 5-10 million per year but that tends to be related to other illnesses , i would think some of the numbers , cancer/hypertension/obesity would overlap.
Old 10-31-2020, 11:12 AM   #45909
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlphg9 View Post
Hope everything turns out well. Remember if it gets to 90% or below get your ass to a doctor.
90%? Id be calling my doctor if it gets to 95% myself.
jdubya is too fat/Omaha.jdubya is too fat/Omaha.jdubya is too fat/Omaha.jdubya is too fat/Omaha.jdubya is too fat/Omaha.jdubya is too fat/Omaha.jdubya is too fat/Omaha.jdubya is too fat/Omaha.jdubya is too fat/Omaha.jdubya is too fat/Omaha.jdubya is too fat/Omaha.
Old 10-31-2020, 12:11 PM   #45910
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdubya View Post
90%? Id be calling my doctor if it gets to 95% myself.
I'm staying around 97%-98% it seems. Sense of smell and taste are not back but they are little better.
petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-31-2020, 12:40 PM   #45911
"You like to drink?"

Quote:
I'm staying around 97%-98% it seems. Sense of smell and taste are not back but they are little better.
.. so I'm not getting your stuff.
Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-31-2020, 12:51 PM   #45912
MVP

Quote:
Nice. The majority of the population run at those numbers except those with COPD or other respiratory diseases where a lower number is normal for them. However if you are otherwise healthy and you begin to dip to 95%, even asymptomatic, I may give my PMD a heads up. As a paramedic for 20 years I would be giving supplemental O2 at 95% or lower. 90% is significantly low and in the majority of cases I would be grabbing a NRB mask with 100% O2. Keep on getting better!!!!
jdubya is too fat/Omaha.jdubya is too fat/Omaha.jdubya is too fat/Omaha.jdubya is too fat/Omaha.jdubya is too fat/Omaha.jdubya is too fat/Omaha.jdubya is too fat/Omaha.jdubya is too fat/Omaha.jdubya is too fat/Omaha.jdubya is too fat/Omaha.jdubya is too fat/Omaha.
Old 10-31-2020, 01:14 PM   #45913
Please squeeze

Quote:
For those who are curious I am on day 8 of symptoms. Not eating much. Lost about 10 pounds. Fever seems to be gone though I get a bit of a flare here and there but nothing serious. Salivary gland still swollen but nothing like it was. Still cannot taste or smell.

Generally just feeling weak which lack of food I am sure has something to do with. Back is sore from constantly laying in bed. Can breathe okay but Wife is going to get a monitor just to be sure.

Overall I feel like I have the flu more than a cold.
Hang in there Pete. Best wishes to you
dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-31-2020, 01:33 PM   #45914
Damnit Peg

Damn Pete, I hope you get back to 100% asap.
Al Bundy has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Al Bundy has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Al Bundy has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Al Bundy has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Al Bundy has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Al Bundy has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Al Bundy has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Al Bundy has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Al Bundy has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Al Bundy has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Al Bundy has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.
Old 10-31-2020, 01:58 PM   #45915
Reset

Quote:
For those who are curious I am on day 8 of symptoms. Not eating much. Lost about 10 pounds. Fever seems to be gone though I get a bit of a flare here and there but nothing serious. Salivary gland still swollen but nothing like it was. Still cannot taste or smell.

Generally just feeling weak which lack of food I am sure has something to do with. Back is sore from constantly laying in bed. Can breathe okay but Wife is going to get a monitor just to be sure.

Overall I feel like I have the flu more than a cold.
Feel better dude! The hardest part is trying to self isolate in a house full of family members. I got it 2 1/2 weeks ago, no fever just slept day and night for the first 3 days. Lost taste and smell which is annoying as hell. I could taste green tea and won tong soup but I couldn’t taste or smell coffee. I lost 12lbs. Today I tasted my coffee for the first time in weeks. When you feel a little better try eating spicy stuff. It seems to have expedited my taste and smell. I’ve been eating wasabi peas and el yucateco green habanero sauce and I think it’s been helping with the taste and smell.

Good luck to you and your family
2112 is obviously part of the inner Circle.2112 is obviously part of the inner Circle.2112 is obviously part of the inner Circle.2112 is obviously part of the inner Circle.2112 is obviously part of the inner Circle.2112 is obviously part of the inner Circle.2112 is obviously part of the inner Circle.2112 is obviously part of the inner Circle.2112 is obviously part of the inner Circle.2112 is obviously part of the inner Circle.2112 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote