Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room > Media Center
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 12-23-2019, 10:00 PM  
Hello

Friend needs a new gaming PC

A buddy of mine needs a new gaming PC. When i bought mine i got it off of cyberpowerpc and it's been pretty good for me even though i've has it since 2011.

He plays games like World of Warcraft, Aion, etc. but will play others that have detailed environments, pvp, etc.

Any recommendations, thoughts, advice? I haven't purchased one in a long time and I had help putting it together.
Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-23-2019, 10:22 PM   #2
Supporter

How much do you want to spend?

Im building aPC for my kid as soon as he falls asleep tonight (for christmas), in for about 600 bucks

ryzen 3600x (comers with a nice cooler)
rx580
asrock x570 pro4
16gb ddr4 3200
deepcool matrexx
1tb sabrent NVME SSD

extremely good single core, awesome value
extremely good multi core (6 cores 12 threads) INSANE VALUE
super fast boot/write/loads
looks good
mid level gpu perfect for 1080p gaming

really killer deals and value out there right now if you are building around a ryzen CPU

You could even go mega cheap and go to like a ryzen 2600, b450 board, 8gb RAM, preowned 970 or similar, with the cheapest case you can find and the cheapest HDD you could find. Can get good 1080p gaming for maybe 350-400 bucks
hometeam is obviously part of the inner Circle.hometeam is obviously part of the inner Circle.hometeam is obviously part of the inner Circle.hometeam is obviously part of the inner Circle.hometeam is obviously part of the inner Circle.hometeam is obviously part of the inner Circle.hometeam is obviously part of the inner Circle.hometeam is obviously part of the inner Circle.hometeam is obviously part of the inner Circle.hometeam is obviously part of the inner Circle.hometeam is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2019, 10:32 PM   #3
Hello

I'm sure he wouldn't be upset with the same $1500 range, screen keyboard mouse included.
Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-23-2019, 10:49 PM   #4
Veteran

That looks good except the RX580 is pretty dated. I support AMD however NVIDIA makes some good cards as well that perform better and use less power. Check out sites like www.tomshardware.com, www.anandtech.com and other. You can build a monster system for $1500.
crayzkirk Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crayzkirk Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crayzkirk Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crayzkirk Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crayzkirk Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crayzkirk Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crayzkirk Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crayzkirk Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crayzkirk Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crayzkirk Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crayzkirk Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 12-23-2019, 10:51 PM   #5
In Search of a Life

if he's dropping 1500, he can build a nice damn gaming pc.
kcxiv is too fat/Omaha.kcxiv is too fat/Omaha.kcxiv is too fat/Omaha.kcxiv is too fat/Omaha.kcxiv is too fat/Omaha.kcxiv is too fat/Omaha.kcxiv is too fat/Omaha.kcxiv is too fat/Omaha.kcxiv is too fat/Omaha.kcxiv is too fat/Omaha.kcxiv is too fat/Omaha.
Old 12-23-2019, 11:04 PM   #6
Sexiest Athlete

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sofa King View Post
I'm sure he wouldn't be upset with the same $1500 range, screen keyboard mouse included.
For $1,500, he should get a decent laptop (for portability) and hook it up to a new 65" TV (you can get both with a nice wireless keyboard and mouse for under $1500; you will want to connect the computer to the tv via hdmi).

Seriously.

The games he is playing aren't graphics intensive by today's standards, and once you play a MMORPG on the big screen, you won't go back.

(I play Neverwinter on my TV through my laptop)
Fat Elvis is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fat Elvis is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fat Elvis is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fat Elvis is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fat Elvis is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fat Elvis is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fat Elvis is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fat Elvis is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fat Elvis is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fat Elvis is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fat Elvis is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-23-2019, 11:23 PM   #7
Psycho Bag Of Squanch

Quote:
Originally Posted by hometeam View Post
How much do you want to spend?

Im building aPC for my kid as soon as he falls asleep tonight (for christmas), in for about 600 bucks

ryzen 3600x (comers with a nice cooler)
rx580
asrock x570 pro4
16gb ddr4 3200
deepcool matrexx
1tb sabrent NVME SSD

extremely good single core, awesome value
extremely good multi core (6 cores 12 threads) INSANE VALUE
super fast boot/write/loads
looks good
mid level gpu perfect for 1080p gaming

really killer deals and value out there right now if you are building around a ryzen CPU

You could even go mega cheap and go to like a ryzen 2600, b450 board, 8gb RAM, preowned 970 or similar, with the cheapest case you can find and the cheapest HDD you could find. Can get good 1080p gaming for maybe 350-400 bucks
That rx580 is the best bang for the buck mid-range gpu on the market. And before that it was the rx480 which really isn't that far behind the 580. Some will push for these rx5500 but the benchmarks still favor the 580.

Great present for your kid. Good luck on the build!

Last edited by vailpass; 12-23-2019 at 11:28 PM..
vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-24-2019, 12:03 PM   #8
Supporter

Oh hes got 1500 bucks? Lets ****in goooooooooooo

You can build a super nice setup for that. if hes just gaming, go 3600x, AIO, nice case, same ddr 3200 and a decent psu, nice monitor, and something like maybe a 2070 super. with that kind of budget there is lots to play with.
hometeam is obviously part of the inner Circle.hometeam is obviously part of the inner Circle.hometeam is obviously part of the inner Circle.hometeam is obviously part of the inner Circle.hometeam is obviously part of the inner Circle.hometeam is obviously part of the inner Circle.hometeam is obviously part of the inner Circle.hometeam is obviously part of the inner Circle.hometeam is obviously part of the inner Circle.hometeam is obviously part of the inner Circle.hometeam is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-24-2019, 12:05 PM   #9
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by crayzkirk View Post
That looks good except the RX580 is pretty dated. I support AMD however NVIDIA makes some good cards as well that perform better and use less power. Check out sites like www.tomshardware.com, www.anandtech.com and other. You can build a monster system for $1500.
hes 7 and is playing on 1080p. for 1080p, rx580 for a hundred bucks is gonna do juuuust dandy. I kept the entire build at 600 bucks with all new parts, include NVME storage, tempered glass show off case, and maxed out level 1080p gaming capability.

As for the other stuff i know.. i now have 3 setups one for each of us. 3900x/1080ti his, a 7700k/1660ti hers, and now the 3600x/rx580 setup for the lil guy.

Last edited by hometeam; 12-24-2019 at 12:31 PM..
Old 12-24-2019, 12:28 PM   #10
Supporter

Threw this together. https://pcpartpicker.com/list/jwhqdm

Tweaks can be made all over the place depending on exactly what he wants, what your skill level is (like you could save big on a mobo by going to a b450 or something, but bios needs to be updated before they can work with 3xxx cpus) If you do that you can go from the 2060 to a 2070 super just like the intel build below. You could go cheaper ram but **** it i figured some rgb bling etc.

I also included 1440 x 144hz monitor, since he would have the juice to run games maxed out at 1440 as long as its not stuff like RDR2 (no single car dis maxing this out on 1440)

You dont HAVE to go AIO, but the way Ryzen chips perform they are directly tied to cooling capabilitys etc.

and throw in an Amazon mechanical keyboard and red dragon gaming mouse and boom you are in.

YOU GOT ME ALL EXCITED HERE.

Last edited by hometeam; 12-24-2019 at 12:38 PM..
Old 12-24-2019, 12:35 PM   #11
Supporter

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/FyKZQq

Another build featuring a 9600k from intel, and able to go to a 2070 Super because of the savings in the mobo department, same money.

Again, can be tweaked wherever you want.
Old 12-24-2019, 12:42 PM   #12
Supporter

A good comparison on these ~200 dollar CPUs. Trade blows depending on the game, right now im still partial to the Ryzens, and have done my last four builds with them. The multi threaded performance just outdoes the Intel chips at the same price point. So for certain games they are better, and they are within a couple percent on single threaded FPS in games that lean that way. (Current pricing 189/ 199/ 205)

Old 12-24-2019, 03:36 PM   #13
WhatUneed2Hear

Quote:
A good comparison on these ~200 dollar CPUs. Trade blows depending on the game, right now im still partial to the Ryzens, and have done my last four builds with them. The multi threaded performance just outdoes the Intel chips at the same price point. So for certain games they are better, and they are within a couple percent on single threaded FPS in games that lean that way. (Current pricing 189/ 199/ 205)

I love just about everything about my Ryzen 1900x except for one small thing that I can't seem to fix. I get long Hard drive pauses when accessing them for everyday tasks. Unzipping or even moving files can pause a few seconds for what it seems is no good reason. Even renaming a folder can take 10 to 15 seconds.

I'm usually a pro at tracking down such oddities but I've found no solutions to this problem.
Imon Yourside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Imon Yourside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Imon Yourside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Imon Yourside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Imon Yourside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Imon Yourside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Imon Yourside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Imon Yourside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Imon Yourside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Imon Yourside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Imon Yourside is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-24-2019, 04:13 PM   #14
Psycho Bag Of Squanch

Quote:

The i5 9600k is $207.00 on Amazon. No cooler included though, unlike the Ryzen.Ryzen is definitely the trending cpu right now, they've done a great of ob catching up. I looked at the CPUBenchmark and Tom's Hardware comparisons between the two cards and just don't see enough to move me off of Intel just yet. I'm one of those "stick with it if it's always worked for you" guys.

I'm going to give it a couple more years for performance data to accumulate on the Ryzen units. However, with Intel moving away from focusing solely on cpu and into building gpu I'm going to have to be more open to change going forward.

It's going to be interesting when the Intel GPUs hit the market, especially with the former AMD GPU engineering lead Raja Koduri now being one of the leads on Intel's GPU team.

https://www.pcgamesn.com/intel/xe-gp...cs-performance

Last edited by vailpass; 12-24-2019 at 04:27 PM..
vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-25-2019, 06:15 PM   #15
Hello

Quote:
Threw this together. https://pcpartpicker.com/list/jwhqdm

Tweaks can be made all over the place depending on exactly what he wants, what your skill level is (like you could save big on a mobo by going to a b450 or something, but bios needs to be updated before they can work with 3xxx cpus) If you do that you can go from the 2060 to a 2070 super just like the intel build below. You could go cheaper ram but **** it i figured some rgb bling etc.

I also included 1440 x 144hz monitor, since he would have the juice to run games maxed out at 1440 as long as its not stuff like RDR2 (no single car dis maxing this out on 1440)

You dont HAVE to go AIO, but the way Ryzen chips perform they are directly tied to cooling capabilitys etc.

and throw in an Amazon mechanical keyboard and red dragon gaming mouse and boom you are in.

YOU GOT ME ALL EXCITED HERE.

You seem to know what you're talking about. The one you threw together and linked, does that come pre-assembled?