Home Mail Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > The Lounge > Washington DC and The Holy Land

Old 08-24-2019, 09:12 AM  
MVP

Analyse My County

You know, I used to believe the voting base never really flipped opinion very much. It was all just a matter of who was motivated enough to stand in line and vote in any particular election. I still think that's part of the equation, but I have witnessed first hand several people flip parties during Obama's reign.

Since I'm bored, I done a little digging on my small county.

Kerry-1178
Bush-1880

Obama- 1173
McCain- 1607

Obama- 908
Romney- 1610

Clinton- 526
Trump - 1884

Two things pop out to me.

1. It looks like we are losing voters. But as you can tell, we are insignificant anyways so it really don't matter I guess
2. While the Republican candidate is always safe here, the gap is widening.

I don't know if a person that just looked at these numbers can tell, but Obama did a number on the voters in our county. As you can tell, this is a very small county and I personally know or at least know of the bigger chunk of people here. My county HATES Obama. Personally I think the huge Trump victory here was at least partly a middle finger to him. But like I've said before, we also love Trump (the royal we, I'm pretty luke warm myself). I'm curious to see if the spread from last election holds next go around or if it was just a blip on the screen.

Like I have said, I know these people (the bigger chunk anyways) personally. I'm just curious what these numbers tell somebody not familiar with the voting base here. If you are Johnny Beancounter that analyses trends and what not, what would these numbers tell you about this county. I would love to hear Karl Rove do an analysis on this. I bet he would start touching himself before he got through the segment

Edit: Just read a neat/disturbing little fact.

Former U.S. Senator Hillary Clinton (D-New York) received more votes, a total of 506, than any candidate from either party in my county during the 2008 presidential primary.

Last edited by Over Yonder; 08-24-2019 at 09:42 AM..
Over Yonder threw an interception on a screen pass.Over Yonder threw an interception on a screen pass.Over Yonder threw an interception on a screen pass.Over Yonder threw an interception on a screen pass.Over Yonder threw an interception on a screen pass.Over Yonder threw an interception on a screen pass.Over Yonder threw an interception on a screen pass.Over Yonder threw an interception on a screen pass.Over Yonder threw an interception on a screen pass.Over Yonder threw an interception on a screen pass.Over Yonder threw an interception on a screen pass.
Old 08-24-2019, 10:07 AM   #2
Veteran

“My county HATES Obama. Personally I think the huge Trump victory here was at least partly a middle finger to him.“

Anybody with any sense at all would hate what Obama was doing to this country. Much like what the Demshits want to do to it now. After Obama the Republicans could of put a dogturd on a stick and it would of got elected. But, thankfully we got one of the greatest Presidents ever. Pro tip for the Dimshits, the middle class is getting fed up working and the taxes going to your free programs.
Flying High D 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliFlying High D 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliFlying High D 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliFlying High D 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliFlying High D 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliFlying High D 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliFlying High D 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliFlying High D 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliFlying High D 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliFlying High D 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliFlying High D 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Old 08-24-2019, 10:21 AM   #3
"You like to drink?"

Congrats on living in a racist xenophobic fentanyl-laced shithole.

/s
Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-24-2019, 10:39 AM   #4
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower View Post
Congrats on living in a racist xenophobic fentanyl-laced shithole.

/s
Well, I call it home

Also, I ain't got no damn fentanyl!! When do I get mine? Let me guess, I've gotta vote Democrat first, right?
Over Yonder threw an interception on a screen pass.Over Yonder threw an interception on a screen pass.Over Yonder threw an interception on a screen pass.Over Yonder threw an interception on a screen pass.Over Yonder threw an interception on a screen pass.Over Yonder threw an interception on a screen pass.Over Yonder threw an interception on a screen pass.Over Yonder threw an interception on a screen pass.Over Yonder threw an interception on a screen pass.Over Yonder threw an interception on a screen pass.Over Yonder threw an interception on a screen pass.
Old 08-24-2019, 10:58 AM   #5
Veteran

According to Gallup:

On November 9-14 2016 30% of Americans considered themselves Democrat.

Today, August 24, 2019 only 27% of Americans consider themselves a Democrat.

2% improvement for Republicans.

https://news.gallup.com/poll/15370/p...filiation.aspx
BanHam 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliBanHam 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliBanHam 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliBanHam 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliBanHam 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliBanHam 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliBanHam 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliBanHam 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliBanHam 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliBanHam 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliBanHam 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Old 08-24-2019, 03:29 PM   #6
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BanHam View Post
According to Gallup:

Democrats got way support from actual voters in 2018 than 2016 though, so it's probably safe to say that how people self identify politically is not that relevant to anything.
NJChiefsFan27 would the whole thing.NJChiefsFan27 would the whole thing.NJChiefsFan27 would the whole thing.NJChiefsFan27 would the whole thing.NJChiefsFan27 would the whole thing.NJChiefsFan27 would the whole thing.NJChiefsFan27 would the whole thing.NJChiefsFan27 would the whole thing.NJChiefsFan27 would the whole thing.NJChiefsFan27 would the whole thing.NJChiefsFan27 would the whole thing.
Old 08-24-2019, 03:47 PM   #7
Starter

You all heard of Cook County, Chicongo?

Well... my county is worse.

https://www.amazon.com/Soprano-State...SIN=031260257X
Merde Furieux would the whole thing.Merde Furieux would the whole thing.Merde Furieux would the whole thing.Merde Furieux would the whole thing.Merde Furieux would the whole thing.Merde Furieux would the whole thing.Merde Furieux would the whole thing.Merde Furieux would the whole thing.Merde Furieux would the whole thing.Merde Furieux would the whole thing.Merde Furieux would the whole thing.
Old 08-25-2019, 07:42 AM   #8
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJChiefsFan27 View Post
Democrats got way support from actual voters in 2018 than 2016 though, so it's probably safe to say that how people self identify politically is not that relevant to anything.
Yea, but were those voters actual citizens?
Old 08-25-2019, 07:45 AM   #9
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by BanHam View Post
According to Gallup:

I'd be curious to see a poll for left/right leaning. If asked, I don't consider myself a Republican, even though I generally vote that way. I wonder how many of me are out there...... on either side?
Old 08-25-2019, 09:34 AM   #10
Veteran

What the democrat party has done to working class, rural people, business people, and particularly white non-elites no different then calling a law abiding black person the N word. You emotionally energize that person against you.

I suspect the 2020 election will be even more divided and I also suspect your county will have more voters turn out, as people who didn't care enough to vote in years past WILL come out and vote now.

The democratic party has been trying to do the same thing for minorities by promoting Trump as constantly attacking them.
B_Ambuehl has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.B_Ambuehl has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.B_Ambuehl has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.B_Ambuehl has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.B_Ambuehl has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.B_Ambuehl has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.B_Ambuehl has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.B_Ambuehl has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.B_Ambuehl has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.B_Ambuehl has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.B_Ambuehl has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.
Old 08-25-2019, 09:55 AM   #11
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by B_Ambuehl View Post
What the democrat party has done to working class, rural people, business people, and particularly white non-elites no different then calling a law abiding black person the N word. You emotionally energize that person against you.

I suspect the 2020 election will be even more divided and I also suspect your county will have more voters turn out, as people who didn't care enough to vote in years past WILL come out and vote now.

The democratic party has been trying to do the same thing for minorities by promoting Trump as constantly attacking them.
I wish I could get my dad up to speed. He is stuck in the 70's where the Democrats are "the workin' mans party". He doesn't vote so he can't harm himself, but it just bugs me to no end that he can't see the change in the parties philosophy. The wifes grandparents are the same way. They are just sure that JFK is still the party leader. Sad