Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room > Media Center

Old 05-10-2019, 03:56 PM  
Veteran

New Tool

I know there's a pretty large contingent of Tool fans here so I figured I'd share in case people were still in the dark. After a longer wait than the Winds of Winter, the new album will drop 8/30. They've been playing a couple new songs live, Invincible and Descending. Bootlegs are below. The sound quality is pretty decent for audience recordings, but you do have to deal with a considerable amount of stupid people chatter in Descending.

Third Eye 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThird Eye 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThird Eye 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThird Eye 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThird Eye 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThird Eye 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThird Eye 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThird Eye 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThird Eye 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThird Eye 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThird Eye 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Old 05-10-2019, 04:21 PM   #2
Needs more middle fingers

The ****ing wait better be worth it, man.
ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-10-2019, 05:54 PM   #3
Banned

Invincible is wicked.

Sounds more like A Perfect Circle though. Which ain't a bad thing.
eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2019, 06:28 PM   #4
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detoxing View Post
The ****ing wait better be worth it, man.
There is zero chance it lives up to fan expectation, regardless of how good it is.
Third Eye 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThird Eye 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThird Eye 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThird Eye 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThird Eye 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThird Eye 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThird Eye 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThird Eye 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThird Eye 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThird Eye 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThird Eye 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Old 05-10-2019, 06:48 PM   #5
Mammoth penis

Going to see them Tuesday at the Sprint Center. My first Tool show.

MTG#10 is obviously part of the inner Circle.MTG#10 is obviously part of the inner Circle.MTG#10 is obviously part of the inner Circle.MTG#10 is obviously part of the inner Circle.MTG#10 is obviously part of the inner Circle.MTG#10 is obviously part of the inner Circle.MTG#10 is obviously part of the inner Circle.MTG#10 is obviously part of the inner Circle.MTG#10 is obviously part of the inner Circle.MTG#10 is obviously part of the inner Circle.MTG#10 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-10-2019, 07:47 PM   #6
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTG#10 View Post
Going to see them Tuesday at the Sprint Center. My first Tool show.

You should enjoy it. Tool shows aren’t the mind**** they were in the 90s, but it will still be a good show. I told myself I wasn’t spending any more money on them until they dropped a new album, so I’ll catch the next tour. I’ve seen the greatest hits tour too many times with them. For someone who hasn’t been before, it will be perfect.
Old 05-10-2019, 08:01 PM   #7
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Third Eye View Post
There is zero chance it lives up to fan expectation, regardless of how good it is.
I felt 10,000 Days was the one that had the super high expectations and didn’t hold up. Whatever they come out with now will just be a nice bonus if good after all these years.
Miles 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliMiles 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliMiles 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliMiles 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliMiles 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliMiles 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliMiles 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliMiles 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliMiles 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliMiles 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliMiles 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Old 05-10-2019, 08:15 PM   #8
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miles View Post
I felt 10,000 Days was the one that had the super high expectations and didn’t hold up. Whatever they come out with now will just be a nice bonus if good after all these years.
Yeah, I don’t disagree with any of that. The run up to 10,000 Days was pretty nuts. I remember when it first leaked and people were claiming that it was a fake decoy leak. Relative to their previous two, it was certainly underwhelming.

While the fever pitch may not be quite as high this time around, I feel it’s still there. I mean, the reddit sub can barely contain itself. I think expecting greatness from a group of 50 somethings is going to prove foolish though. That being said, I really like Invincible. Lyrically it seems to reference that exact theme; the once great warrior struggling to find relevance as he grows older.
Old 05-10-2019, 09:28 PM   #9
Mammoth penis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miles View Post

Quote:
Yeah, I don’t disagree with any of that. The run up to 10,000 Days was pretty nuts. I remember when it first leaked and people were claiming that it was a fake decoy leak. Relative to their previous two, it was certainly underwhelming.
Disagree. While I love all of their albums 10,000 Days was every bit as good as the rest in my opinion. Lateralus is still my favorite song but Right In Two is close and the whole vibe of that album with Maynard still grieving over the loss of his mother left me every bit as satisfied as I was with the previous Tool and APC albums. I know I'm in the minority but Eat The Elephant is right up there for me as well. Maynard is by far my favorite musician of all time though, the only person that even comes close for me is Trent Reznor.
MTG#10 is obviously part of the inner Circle.MTG#10 is obviously part of the inner Circle.MTG#10 is obviously part of the inner Circle.MTG#10 is obviously part of the inner Circle.MTG#10 is obviously part of the inner Circle.MTG#10 is obviously part of the inner Circle.MTG#10 is obviously part of the inner Circle.MTG#10 is obviously part of the inner Circle.MTG#10 is obviously part of the inner Circle.MTG#10 is obviously part of the inner Circle.MTG#10 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2019, 09:30 PM   #10
Psycho Bag Of Squanch

Maynard is said to be an asshole but any guy that names his grape field Merkin Vineyards is ok with me.
vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-10-2019, 10:09 PM   #11
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTG#10 View Post
Disagree. While I love all of their albums 10,000 Days was every bit as good as the rest in my opinion. Lateralus is still my favorite song but Right In Two is close and the whole vibe of that album with Maynard still grieving over the loss of his mother left me every bit as satisfied as I was with the previous Tool and APC albums. I know I'm in the minority but Eat The Elephant is right up there for me as well. Maynard is by far my favorite musician of all time though, the only person that even comes close for me is Trent Reznor.
Yeah, I mean everybody has the right to their opinion. I’d say more people are in line with mine, but that doesn’t make it any more true for you. We like what we like. I still like 10,000 Days. It’s got some great stuff. Aenima and Lateralus are god tier for me though, like truly special works. They almost feel more like accomplishments than albums.

I don’t really know that I consider Maynard to be a musician though. Singer? Yeah. Songwriter? Yeah. Is he a musician though? Sure he’s been known to hop on a second guitar on stage, but I’ve never really been certain anything was even coming from it.

Last edited by Third Eye; 05-10-2019 at 11:30 PM..
Old 05-10-2019, 10:25 PM   #12
Mammoth penis

Quote:
Yeah, I mean everybody has the right to their opinion. I’d say more people are in line with mine, but that doesn’t make it any more true for you. We like what we like. I still like 10,000 Days. It’s got some great stuff. Aenima and Lateralus are god tier for me though, like truly special works. They almost feel more like accomplishments than albums.

I don’t really know that I consider Maynard to be a musician though. Singer? Yeah. Songwriter? Yeah. It a musician though. Sure he’s been known to hop on a second guitar on stage, but I’ve never really been certain anything was even coming from it.
Maybe my definition of musician is different than most...I guess the standard definition would probably be someone talented with a musical instrument which would probably leave Maynard out. My definition is someone "musically talented", if that makes sense. Maybe "musician" isn't the word I was looking for, but he is musically "gifted" above and beyond everyone alive today in my opinion and more so than anyone I've ever heard
Old 05-11-2019, 07:47 AM   #13
Mahomes Fanboi

Quote:
I don’t really know that I consider Maynard to be a musician though. Singer? Yeah. Songwriter? Yeah. Is he a musician though? Sure he’s been known to hop on a second guitar on stage, but I’ve never really been certain anything was even coming from it.
I think there are many different forms and opinions on "musician".

IMO:
Maynard has made a living on writing, performing, producing and mixing music. He is considered to be one of the best of all time at his instrument (voice+effects/tone).

How is he not a musician?

I mean, you could say he's not a drummer... or not a guitarist... but I think he fits the criteria of Musician.
Molitoth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Molitoth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Molitoth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Molitoth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Molitoth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Molitoth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Molitoth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Molitoth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Molitoth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Molitoth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Molitoth is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-11-2019, 08:01 AM   #14
Veteran

It’s in no way meant to be disparaging, as I know you’re a singer as well. I’m not implying that the voice is somehow less than an instrument. Hell, in many ways it’s the opposite. I’ve just always considered a musician to be someone who PLAYS music.

Last edited by Third Eye; 05-11-2019 at 08:06 AM..
Thumbs Up 0 Thumbs Down 1     Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2019, 01:38 AM   #15
Mindful Taoist German

Quote:
It’s in no way meant to be disparaging, as I know you’re a singer as well. I’m not implying that the voice is somehow less than an instrument. Hell, in many ways it’s the opposite. I’ve just always considered a musician to be someone who PLAYS music.
I know that when he lends his voice to other people's work it always elevates the song. He's irreplaceable as a vocalist.
Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.