Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room > Media Center

Old 05-02-2019, 07:36 PM  
I'll be back.

Madden 20

Available on the PC again! Maybe I'll actually play it this year.

https://www.ea.com/games/madden-nfl/...e-of-franchise

Quote:
PREPARING FOR THE PROS

When talking and listening to players, we kept hearing that being a star of their own football story would be fantastic. With that in mind, we crafted Face of the Franchise: QB1, where the story is not only about you, but one where the choices you make matter.

It kicks off with creating yourself as a quarterback – even using “face editing” to get an improved likeness. Once you have your player, you begin in college, choosing from top schools to attend, then competing for a national championship in the college football playoffs. Be the BMOC and take home the title, but bring your A-game, because your performance in college – just like on the real collegiate gridiron – has an impact on your capabilities and your draft stock.

The NFL draft doesn’t just happen, though – the combine comes first. Ever-increasing in importance and scrutinization, the combine is a key part of the process. And here, if you want your stock to soar, you’ll need to focus on every rep and decision you make to keep your name rising on draft boards. Where will you get picked, and where will your NFL career start? You’ll find out on draft day!

IN THE LEAGUE

No matter where you get drafted – from first round to last – once a team picks you, you’re going to have to show you belong playing with the pros. Whether you’re a first-rounder who needs to prove you were the perfect high pick, or a seventh-rounder busting your ass to make the roster, if you want success you have to work hard and make each opportunity count.

In the NFL, start building your legacy and taking your franchise to winning seasons, expanding your legend with each snap. It’s not about the cash your contracts rack up, but about how many Super Bowls you win as your legend grows. Give your all – and have fun – as you play your way into memorable moments. When you celebrate your career at the end, will you be remembered among the greats, placed alongside them in the Hall of Fame?

As you live your superstar story, Madden’s new Scenario Engine generates personalized playable scenarios, events, and dynamic challenges that tell the tale of a unique NFL career. Adding to it, in Face of the Franchise: QB1, like in Franchise mode, you choose your Archetype: Strong Arm, Scrambler, Improviser, Field General. Superstar abilities are tied to the Archetype you pick. Levelling up your archetypes unlocks different abilities.

It’s time for you to take your place as the face of the franchise.

OTHER MADDEN FRANCHISE IMPROVEMENTS

While we heard fan feedback for a superstar experience, we also dove deep into the forums and reddit and worked with Gamechangers to round out Franchise mode in other ways, too. With that, here are a few more things to get you ready to break the huddle.

Pro Bowl Returns to Madden NFL 20

The first thing you’ll see while Madden NFL 20 sets up is the Pro Bowl. You can play the pro bowl while the game installs, and you will also have the opportunity to qualify for the Pro Bowl during your Franchise seasons. It’s another opportunity to gain valuable experience and add to your Legacy.

Ratings Spread

We’ve adjusted the range of ratings that you’ll see on players. What does this mean? As examples:

The ratings difference between a 90 OVR player and an 89 OVR player is now larger

Each skill point you spend will be more impactful, and you can earn more skill points over the course of a career

In some cases, you will now see a starter with an OVR in the mid-50s.

New Scenarios

We’ve added an all-new in-game system that generates personalized playable scenarios featuring interactions with characters via a variety of ways including branching dialogue, dynamic events that reflect your performance and choices, challenges that build the story of your unique NFL career (from the moment you sign your rookie contract to you Hall of Fame induction), and more.

Development Traits

We’ve made large updates to our Development Trait system to support Superstar and Zone abilities. The Development Traits in Madden 20 are: Normal, Star, Superstar, and Superstar X-Factor. Both Superstar and X-Factors players can earn Superstar Abilities, but only X-Factors can earn Zone Abilities. We’ve also addressed one of the communities’ biggest complaints: players dropping down in Development Trait. In Madden 20, players can no longer go down in Development Trait at the end of a season.

Coach Mode

Coach mode is also getting scenarios. And the changes to Development Traits have a big impact on Coach mode. Coaches will want to build up their teams with Superstars and X-Factor Superstars via Trades, free agency, and the draft. We’ve also added an overhauled lineup UI to make Franchise mode even smoother.

Contract Updates

We’ve taken a meticulous pass on existing player contracts to ensure they match the NFL. This will not only be more authentic, but it will also make managing your roster’s cap space more realistic.

Progression Updates

We’ve overhauled our progression tuning, including making changes to XP gains from weekly training, actions on the field, and goal completion. These changes should ultimately lead to users being able to increase the OVR of more players on their team meaning they have more option in how to develop their roster.

Draft Updates

We’ve taken a full pass on our Rookie Generators. People familiar with draft classes from the past few years are in for some new surprises, from names, to bodies, to ratings, and more.

One more draft surprise is that rookies with a Superstar Development or higher trait will have their development trait hidden until they’ve played through at least half of a season. These players have their abilities hidden until you reveal their Development Trait. This means that if you draft either a Superstar or an X-Factor Superstar you won’t know exactly what you’ve drafted until later in a season – use your preseason wisely.

Gameplay Effects Updated

We’ve implemented a ton of changes, like Throw Power overhauls to change QB trajectories. But that’s just one example! Tune in to our gameplay stream on 5/23 for more of the inside scoop on additions and changes you’ll find in Madden NFL 20.
Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-04-2019, 02:28 PM   #31
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dayze View Post
EA is more interested in combing out with “new” shit they can hype up each year, but they give zero shits about fixing the gameplay itself. It’s comical such a bad approach.
They hype some new stupid feature that’s meaningless and will actually be gone from the game in two years or so.

The fact EA has the resources and $ to fix it, but choose not to and would rather rely on MUT /online is what’s so infuriating. Now we’re at a point where I don’t think a new upstart or existing g company could produce a game to compete without investing a **** load of money. And I don’t think of a company that would be willing to risk it.

So ,one story short.....we’re ****ed.
EA knows they are the only game in town so they don't have to give a rat's ass about gameplay or glitches. People will buy it at $60 regardless because if they want a football game they have no other choice.

Also, see the last two posts above.
GloucesterChief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.GloucesterChief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.GloucesterChief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.GloucesterChief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.GloucesterChief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.GloucesterChief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.GloucesterChief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.GloucesterChief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.GloucesterChief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.GloucesterChief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.GloucesterChief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 05-04-2019, 02:32 PM   #32
I'll be back.

Madden 18 was a very fun, polished, finished product I got tons of hours of enjoyable gameplay out of, both offline franchise on online here with my CP brothers.

Madden 19 was an abortion I didn't even touch.

I really think Madden 19 was an unfinished product and essentially the "beta" for Madden 20. If they've ironed out all the bugs for Madden 20, it could be a very god game, because the graphics were certainly gorgeous.
Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2019, 05:27 PM   #33
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties View Post
Madden 20 Will Add New Pump Fake Feature & No Look Passes
They had this already....LOL

What Madden was it where you could pump fake any eligible receiver? It wasn't that long ago...

So I guess the fix is that the pump fakes will actually work now? I smell a nasty exploit within the community brewing.
AssEaterChief has disabled reputation
Old 05-04-2019, 11:25 PM   #34
In Search of a Life

hell, i think they had pump fakes back in like 2004. lol
kcxiv is too fat/Omaha.kcxiv is too fat/Omaha.kcxiv is too fat/Omaha.kcxiv is too fat/Omaha.kcxiv is too fat/Omaha.kcxiv is too fat/Omaha.kcxiv is too fat/Omaha.kcxiv is too fat/Omaha.kcxiv is too fat/Omaha.kcxiv is too fat/Omaha.kcxiv is too fat/Omaha.
Old 05-06-2019, 08:08 AM   #35
Veteran

The fact that coverage is still broken, cant shade or bracket receivers, cant do basic stunts on dline and yet they feel the need to add RPO concepts into the game. Mind blown.
Aspengc8 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliAspengc8 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliAspengc8 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliAspengc8 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliAspengc8 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliAspengc8 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliAspengc8 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliAspengc8 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliAspengc8 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliAspengc8 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliAspengc8 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Old 05-07-2019, 01:09 PM   #36
Resident Glue Sniffer

it's not until I watched a vid of all the stuff that used to be in Madden, 2k5 etc that I realized the full degree to which Madden has been mailing it in the last, what, 5 years or so?

Mailing it in with features (or lack thereof) + bad game play.....not a good combination.

and I'm reading things correct in that this 'new' superstar mode / career mode or whatever they want to call it, will only be available to be played as a QB?

pffffft.
*fart noise*

Last edited by Dayze; 05-07-2019 at 01:31 PM..
Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-07-2019, 05:02 PM   #37
WhatUneed2Hear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dayze View Post
it's not until I watched a vid of all the stuff that used to be in Madden, 2k5 etc that I realized the full degree to which Madden has been mailing it in the last, what, 5 years or so?

Mailing it in with features (or lack thereof) + bad game play.....not a good combination.

and I'm reading things correct in that this 'new' superstar mode / career mode or whatever they want to call it, will only be available to be played as a QB?

pffffft.
*fart noise*
Once Ncaa Football 2014 becomes playable on RPCS3 none of the Maddens will matter.
Imon Yourside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Imon Yourside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Imon Yourside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Imon Yourside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Imon Yourside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Imon Yourside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Imon Yourside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Imon Yourside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Imon Yourside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Imon Yourside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Imon Yourside is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2019, 01:31 PM   #38
Resident Glue Sniffer

I decided to play a few games last night. It had been so long since I'd last played, I had to install a ton of updates that took a while.

It was 'ok'. Though, I don't like playing a franchise as a LB, and any time there's a big play / turnover etc me or my guys make, there's no way to replay it; it just immediately jumps to the offensive possession.

Didn't seem to get sucked into quick as many blocking animations, so that was good.
Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-08-2019, 01:39 PM   #39
I'll be back.

YESSSSSSS

PHILLY SPECIAL

Old 06-08-2019, 10:31 PM   #40
I'll be back.

gameplay starts at 16 min...shovel pass is in the game

Last edited by Hammock Parties; 06-08-2019 at 10:38 PM..
Old 06-08-2019, 11:47 PM   #41
YOU take YOUR seat

The one year I really don't want to buy it has Mahomes on the cover....

Maybe I'll have to get it if they keep connected franchise, but only if I'm bored with the games that I have at the time. Because last years gameplay online in MUT mode was a travesty.
Bump is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bump is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bump is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bump is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bump is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bump is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bump is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bump is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bump is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bump is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bump is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-09-2019, 12:48 AM   #42
WhatUneed2Hear

The gameplay looks really good, waiting to see more but i'll probably get suckered into buying it either way with all the Mahomes love.
Imon Yourside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Imon Yourside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Imon Yourside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Imon Yourside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Imon Yourside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Imon Yourside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Imon Yourside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Imon Yourside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Imon Yourside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Imon Yourside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Imon Yourside is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-09-2019, 11:40 AM   #43
Resident Glue Sniffer

Each year they tout new stuff...then when we play it.....it’s the same bullshit .

I’ll probably wait until I read reviews about the actual gameplay.

EA are masters at marketing, especially when it comes to something that is the same game year after year.
Old 06-15-2019, 01:18 PM   #44
I'll be back.

Old 06-15-2019, 03:45 PM   #45
WhatUneed2Hear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties View Post
Rayweather is the best Madden Youtuber, he tells it like it is.