Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room > Media Center

Old 12-19-2018, 01:17 PM  
Keepin it Real

Cutting Cable.

I know there are already several threads but I’m adding to it.

Our DTV bill is about to go up $60 a month to $133. We’re looking at cutting cable. We’d like to add Hulu live TV, netflix, and MLB.TV. I know I can stream all three through my Xbox. It looks like I won’t have AMC, NFL Network or NBC. NFL Network I can stream the Thursday night games through my xbox.

How is the quality? We have to upgrade our internet to unlimited for an extra $20/month. Provider said we’d also get faster speeds.
Does anyone have MLB.Tv and use it through your Xbox?
What about DVR services?

It looks like I can get all three for around $64 a month.
Dunit35 wants to die in a aids tree fire.Dunit35 wants to die in a aids tree fire.Dunit35 wants to die in a aids tree fire.Dunit35 wants to die in a aids tree fire.Dunit35 wants to die in a aids tree fire.Dunit35 wants to die in a aids tree fire.Dunit35 wants to die in a aids tree fire.Dunit35 wants to die in a aids tree fire.Dunit35 wants to die in a aids tree fire.Dunit35 wants to die in a aids tree fire.Dunit35 wants to die in a aids tree fire.
Old 04-05-2019, 09:55 AM   #106
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

I think I'm gonna go with Youtube TV.

I can have Fiber run to my house in the next 30-60 days. I could get a Gig/Second speeds for about $70/mo if I pre-pay for 2 years, which is just comically cheap. But I'll never come anywhere close to using that so I'm gonna do 300 MB/S for about $40/mo, which I'll also never come close to using.

Youtube TV is gonna have everything I want except the Science channel and History Channel. History has gotten pretty shitty these days and most anything I used to watch on there can be found on AHC. Moreover, Netflix has good history documentaries anyway. Losing Science Channel will kinda suck though. I don't know where to find How the Universe Works elsewhere and that show is awesome.

We'll see how it goes.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-05-2019, 10:47 AM   #107
(Sir/Yes Sir/Aye Aye Sir)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sedated View Post
As much as I like the "out of town" feel of watching a hotel room TV (with local news), I generally pack my Roku.
I've been known to pack the FireStick, but since I don't use it very often, and them usually only to find a movie I can't get on GF, I'm not sure the local TV is much more foreign to me than the FireStick when compared to what I use 99% of the time.
GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-05-2019, 10:50 AM   #108

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
I think I'm gonna go with Youtube TV.

I can have Fiber run to my house in the next 30-60 days. I could get a Gig/Second speeds for about $70/mo if I pre-pay for 2 years, which is just comically cheap. But I'll never come anywhere close to using that so I'm gonna do 300 MB/S for about $40/mo, which I'll also never come close to using.

Youtube TV is gonna have everything I want except the Science channel and History Channel. History has gotten pretty shitty these days and most anything I used to watch on there can be found on AHC. Moreover, Netflix has good history documentaries anyway. Losing Science Channel will kinda suck though. I don't know where to find How the Universe Works elsewhere and that show is awesome.

We'll see how it goes.
So is that $40 (ISP) + $40 (YT-TV) + $10 (NetFlix) = $90 a month? Or are you getting YT-TV and Netflix for less than that?
GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-05-2019, 01:45 PM   #109
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by GloryDayz View Post
So is that $40 (ISP) + $40 (YT-TV) + $10 (NetFlix) = $90 a month? Or are you getting YT-TV and Netflix for less than that?
YT-TV would be $40/mo. I'm using my FIL's Netflix and we got Hulu for a year for $1 (because why not?) and we were already Prime members.

But I'm paying about $225/mo right now for DirecTV and internet and my internet is about 80MPS on its best days (and frankly, it's best days are few and far between).

I'd lose a few channels but I'd also get that ridiculous cloud based DVR that's theoretically unlimited and extensive On-Demand programming through YT-TV. So even if I round up for various taxes/fees (I guess), I'm under $100 and saving more than $1,000/yr. That's that damn Grizzly G0513 Bandsaw I keep talking myself out of plus several blades.

And with streaming you simply get much better picture quality, especially when your speeds are extremely high. I just put my Google Mesh in last fall so I'll have great coverage throughout the house.

Kindof a no-brainer at that point.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-05-2019, 06:33 PM   #110

Quote:
YT-TV would be $40/mo. I'm using my FIL's Netflix and we got Hulu for a year for $1 (because why not?) and we were already Prime members.

But I'm paying about $225/mo right now for DirecTV and internet and my internet is about 80MPS on its best days (and frankly, it's best days are few and far between).

I'd lose a few channels but I'd also get that ridiculous cloud based DVR that's theoretically unlimited and extensive On-Demand programming through YT-TV. So even if I round up for various taxes/fees (I guess), I'm under $100 and saving more than $1,000/yr. That's that damn Grizzly G0513 Bandsaw I keep talking myself out of plus several blades.

And with streaming you simply get much better picture quality, especially when your speeds are extremely high. I just put my Google Mesh in last fall so I'll have great coverage throughout the house.

Kindof a no-brainer at that point.
Sweet...
Old 04-05-2019, 09:43 PM   #111
Mod Team

We have been on Hulu Live for a few months now. I don't miss DTV at all. I see how the interface can be a bit odd though. It's fine for me but also annoying at times.
lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-09-2019, 04:52 PM   #112
Red, White & Blue for the U.S.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lewdog View Post
We have been on Hulu Live for a few months now. I don't miss DTV at all. I see how the interface can be a bit odd though. It's fine for me but also annoying at times.
Agreed. Its been almost 2 years now since I cut the DTV cord and saved $1800 so far. Screw DTV
KC Dan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.KC Dan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.KC Dan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.KC Dan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.KC Dan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.KC Dan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.KC Dan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.KC Dan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.KC Dan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.KC Dan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.KC Dan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 04-09-2019, 05:15 PM   #113
**** That Noise

From what little I’ve gathered Sling or YouTube TV is the best route to go. I haven’t done much research though.
RustShack 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliRustShack 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliRustShack 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliRustShack 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliRustShack 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliRustShack 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliRustShack 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliRustShack 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliRustShack 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliRustShack 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliRustShack 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Old 04-09-2019, 05:27 PM   #114
In Search of a Life

Sling sucks shit.

Either youtube tv or vue and hope to god you'll never need Sony CS

Unless you live in bumble**** nowhere with terrible Internet, there's no reason to have traditional subscription TV. It's the drizzling shits.
BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old 04-09-2019, 10:30 PM   #115
Fight, build, win!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RustShack View Post
From what little I’ve gathered Sling or YouTube TV is the best route to go. I haven’t done much research though.
Only thing Sling has going for it is NFL Network but if memory serves me you got to upgrade to get. I love youtube TV except missing NFL Network and History. Ill survive.
srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-10-2019, 06:56 PM   #116
Fight, build, win!

https://www.theverge.com/2019/4/10/1...discovery-hgtv

Got a message that Youtube TV is raising price to 50.00 plus several new channels. Discovery Channel, HGTV, Food Network, TLC, Investigation Discovery, Animal Planet, Travel Channel, and MotorTrend .
srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-10-2019, 08:12 PM   #117
Ain't no relax!

I'm still on the grandfathered $35 plan. Wonder if that will change. Nice new channels though.
Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-10-2019, 10:59 PM   #118
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish View Post
I'm still on the grandfathered $35 plan. Wonder if that will change. Nice new channels though.
Looks like no grandfathering this time and we’ll get the increase next week.
Miles 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliMiles 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliMiles 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliMiles 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliMiles 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliMiles 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliMiles 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliMiles 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliMiles 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliMiles 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliMiles 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Old 04-10-2019, 11:07 PM   #119
I'll be back.

Quote:
Losing Science Channel will kinda suck though. I don't know where to find How the Universe Works elsewhere and that show is awesome.
Someone needs to hook you up with torrents.

I don’t even have Netflix.
Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-10-2019, 11:17 PM   #120
MONTANA #19

I'm going with my second attempt at cutting the cord. Locked in internet price at $59/mo for 3 years, YouTube TV for apparently $50/mo. now/ (and HBO Now during Game of Thrones) = $110/mo.

My 2 year Promo with ATT is about to run out. They were going to raise my price to $170+ per month. See ya later...
arrowheadnation Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.arrowheadnation Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.arrowheadnation Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.arrowheadnation Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.arrowheadnation Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.arrowheadnation Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.arrowheadnation Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.arrowheadnation Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.arrowheadnation Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.arrowheadnation Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.arrowheadnation Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.