Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room > Media Center

Old 12-19-2018, 01:17 PM  
Keepin it Real

Cutting Cable.

I know there are already several threads but I’m adding to it.

Our DTV bill is about to go up $60 a month to $133. We’re looking at cutting cable. We’d like to add Hulu live TV, netflix, and MLB.TV. I know I can stream all three through my Xbox. It looks like I won’t have AMC, NFL Network or NBC. NFL Network I can stream the Thursday night games through my xbox.

How is the quality? We have to upgrade our internet to unlimited for an extra $20/month. Provider said we’d also get faster speeds.
Does anyone have MLB.Tv and use it through your Xbox?
What about DVR services?

It looks like I can get all three for around $64 a month.
Dunit35 wants to die in a aids tree fire.Dunit35 wants to die in a aids tree fire.Dunit35 wants to die in a aids tree fire.Dunit35 wants to die in a aids tree fire.Dunit35 wants to die in a aids tree fire.Dunit35 wants to die in a aids tree fire.Dunit35 wants to die in a aids tree fire.Dunit35 wants to die in a aids tree fire.Dunit35 wants to die in a aids tree fire.Dunit35 wants to die in a aids tree fire.Dunit35 wants to die in a aids tree fire.
Old 08-12-2019, 08:20 AM   #151
Hockey Town

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lzen View Post
Can someone explain to me why the Chiefs preseason game against the Bengals was not able to be streamed on Youtube TV? Said streaming was not allowed. Is this just a preseason thing since those contracts are local? Will I be able to watch regular season games on there?
Probably, I have CBS all access and they weren't showing it either.
Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-12-2019, 08:28 AM   #152
Please squeeze

Quote:
Can someone explain to me why the Chiefs preseason game against the Bengals was not able to be streamed on Youtube TV? Said streaming was not allowed. Is this just a preseason thing since those contracts are local? Will I be able to watch regular season games on there?

That sucks. I am seriously considering cutting cable and deciding between YoutubeTV and PSVue but I have to be able to watch the Chiefs. I take it this doesn't happen for regular season games on the local KC CBS channel?
dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-12-2019, 08:34 AM   #153
Ain't no relax!

Quote:
Just a preseason thing. The Chiefs do their own in-house production for their preseason games. Because of that, they only own broadcasting rights to broadcast it on local TV over the air. They don't bother with broadcasting rights beyond that which would cover internet streaming. Once the normal season starts, the broadcasting rights are owned by CBS/ABC/NFL which can broadcast on internet streaming platforms.

If you're a YoutubeTV subscriber, but want to view preseason games, you can use the Chiefs mobile app(Android/iOS). That will allow you to stream the Chiefs preseason games live. You may need a VPN/location spoofer if you live outside the KC area, but I don't know I haven't tested. You may find a reddit/nflstreams link, but it's hit or miss for preseason games.
Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2019, 01:19 PM   #154
Supporter

Thanks for the info, Fish.
Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-13-2019, 01:05 AM   #155
Shaken. Not stirred.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish View Post
Just a preseason thing. The Chiefs do their own in-house production for their preseason games. Because of that, they only own broadcasting rights to broadcast it on local TV over the air. They don't bother with broadcasting rights beyond that which would cover internet streaming. Once the normal season starts, the broadcasting rights are owned by CBS/ABC/NFL which can broadcast on internet streaming platforms.

If you're a YoutubeTV subscriber, but want to view preseason games, you can use the Chiefs mobile app(Android/iOS). That will allow you to stream the Chiefs preseason games live. You may need a VPN/location spoofer if you live outside the KC area, but I don't know I haven't tested. You may find a reddit/nflstreams link, but it's hit or miss for preseason games.
I was messing around trying to figure that out at halftime during the game. I couldn't find the stream on the chiefs app anywhere.
007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-14-2019, 12:06 PM   #156
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish View Post

Thats weird..Hulu aired it
dj56dt58 has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.dj56dt58 has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.dj56dt58 has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.dj56dt58 has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.dj56dt58 has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.dj56dt58 has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.dj56dt58 has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.dj56dt58 has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.dj56dt58 has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.dj56dt58 has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.dj56dt58 has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.
Old 08-23-2019, 07:49 AM   #157
Andy Reid Supporter

I like YouTube tv but for $50? Seems a bit high
RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-24-2019, 03:09 AM   #158
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunKC View Post
I like YouTube tv but for $50? Seems a bit high
Yep. Everyone keeps upping their rates. I had DirecTV Now originally at $35/ month. Then it went up to $40. I kept it at that rate. Then, they changed the lineup, stuck HBO in their basic package, and bumped it up to $50. I quit them after that. I may consider Sling during football season for the Monday night games on ESPN. You can get Sling Orange or Blue for $25. One of them has ESPN, I don't remember which. But if that GearsTV works out, I'll probably just stick with it.
jjchieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.jjchieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.jjchieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.jjchieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.jjchieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.jjchieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.jjchieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.jjchieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.jjchieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.jjchieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.jjchieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-24-2019, 04:40 AM   #159
Shaken. Not stirred.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjchieffan View Post
Yep. Everyone keeps upping their rates. I had DirecTV Now originally at $35/ month. Then it went up to $40. I kept it at that rate. Then, they changed the lineup, stuck HBO in their basic package, and bumped it up to $50. I quit them after that. I may consider Sling during football season for the Monday night games on ESPN. You can get Sling Orange or Blue for $25. One of them has ESPN, I don't remember which. But if that GearsTV works out, I'll probably just stick with it.
I'm sure they will eventually raise prices up to the point that cable will start looking good to people again. Its one of the reasons I never got caught up in cable tv shows and just stick to network programming. OTA antenna and I'm good to go.
007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-24-2019, 07:26 AM   #160
Andy Reid Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjchieffan View Post
I’m thinking Sling Blue and Disney+

You get NFLN on Sling and ESPN streaming from Disney. It’s only $38
RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-24-2019, 02:21 PM   #161
Sometimes it's black and white

Quote:
Originally Posted by 007 View Post
I'm sure they will eventually raise prices up to the point that cable will start looking good to people again. Its one of the reasons I never got caught up in cable tv shows and just stick to network programming. OTA antenna and I'm good to go.
The only land based broadband I can get is Comcast. YTTV at $50 probably isn't any cheaper than a bundle.

The only thing I want that isn't OTA are the ESPN channels for Jayhawk BB.

If I have NBCSn I would watch some NHL.
Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 08-24-2019, 02:23 PM   #162
Sometimes it's black and white

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunKC View Post
I’m thinking Sling Blue and Disney+

You get NFLN on Sling and ESPN streaming from Disney. It’s only $38
If I understand correctly Disney is only including ESPN+.
Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 08-24-2019, 06:37 PM   #163
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunit35 View Post
I know there are already several threads but I’m adding to it.

Our DTV bill is about to go up $60 a month to $133. We’re looking at cutting cable. We’d like to add Hulu live TV, netflix, and MLB.TV. I know I can stream all three through my Xbox. It looks like I won’t have AMC, NFL Network or NBC. NFL Network I can stream the Thursday night games through my xbox.

How is the quality? We have to upgrade our internet to unlimited for an extra $20/month. Provider said we’d also get faster speeds.
Does anyone have MLB.Tv and use it through your Xbox?
What about DVR services?

It looks like I can get all three for around $64 a month.
I love my Chiefs. I now live in NC. Does anyone know what add on I need to watch Chiefs such as kctv 5? Thanks
All4chiefs is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.
Old 08-24-2019, 06:38 PM   #164
Rookie

Kodi

I love my Chiefs. I now live in NC. Does anyone know what add on I need to watch Chiefs such as kctv 5? Thanks
All4chiefs is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2019, 10:44 PM   #165
Kind of a mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by All4chiefs View Post
I've read you can do it with CBS All Access and changing your browser's location. Google it for details.
DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.