Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room > Media Center

Old 10-16-2017, 09:19 PM  
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS

Netflix: Mindhunter

Anybody else watching this? Amazing show. The main characters are based on John Douglas and Robert Ressler, the first FBI agents to gain insight into the minds of serial killers by interviewing them in prison (Douglas was the basis for Scott Glenn's character in Silence of the Lambs). Set in the late 70s. I'm three episodes in and really enjoying it.
Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-21-2019, 04:08 PM   #106
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halfcan View Post
Great series. I thought it moved along pretty well except the superfluous scenes with the doctor and her girlfriend. Pretty boring. She is a dud of a character. The Manson character was spot on.
Yeah, that whole story line was pointless. The stuff with Tench's whacked out kid was relevant because of the effect it had on him and his ability to function. Carr's lesbo love affair had nothing to do with anything.
Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-21-2019, 09:57 PM   #107
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frazod View Post
Yeah, that whole story line was pointless. The stuff with Tench's whacked out kid was relevant because of the effect it had on him and his ability to function. Carr's lesbo love affair had nothing to do with anything.
I think a big part of the problem with that character this season was they didn’t giver her much to do work wise. Like Tench this season, last year they tied Ford’s stuff with his girlfriend directly to shit going on with his job.
Miles 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliMiles 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliMiles 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliMiles 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliMiles 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliMiles 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliMiles 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliMiles 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliMiles 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliMiles 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliMiles 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Old 08-21-2019, 10:24 PM   #108
oxymoron

Can't have a season of anything without some romantic drama of some kind.
keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-21-2019, 10:27 PM   #109
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by keg in kc View Post
Can't have a season of anything without some romantic drama of some kind.
Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-22-2019, 05:28 AM   #110
Has a particular set of skills

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miles View Post
I think a big part of the problem with that character this season was they didn’t giver her much to do work wise. Like Tench this season, last year they tied Ford’s stuff with his girlfriend directly to shit going on with his job.
Yeah, they try to add in more characters but don't really weave them into the story line for the two main persons.
BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-22-2019, 05:34 AM   #111

Quote:
Yeah, first black mayor in a deep south city with a police force riddled with Klan members and somebody is killing black kids? It's a miracle they caught anyone.
The south is a different animal. I live in a city thats as liberal as San Fran. But, that racism is there. Just under the surface. I'll be talking with someone, even at work, about non racial stuff and wham, some racial comment comes out of them like this is a normal thing. And the conversation continues like they didn't say that. Its a weird thing.
BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 1     Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2019, 05:39 AM   #112

It was a good season. They should just focus on the two main characters and the serial killers. Forget this personal drama at home BS.
Old 08-22-2019, 11:08 AM   #113
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRedChief View Post
The south is a different animal. I live in a city thats as liberal as San Fran. But, that racism is there. Just under the surface. I'll be talking with someone, even at work, about non racial stuff and wham, some racial comment comes out of them like this is a normal thing. And the conversation continues like they didn't say that. Its a weird thing.

There's just as much racism in Ann Arbor (if not more) than in Birmingham; just as much in Hartford as there is in Macon. It's just far, far more devious and clandestine.

There was a saying that in the South, black folk can get as close as they like-schools, neighborhoods, work; just don't aspire to get too high.

In the north it's the exact opposite; black people can get as high up the chain as they want-- just don't get too close.
RN47 has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.RN47 has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.RN47 has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.RN47 has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.RN47 has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.RN47 has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.RN47 has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.RN47 has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.RN47 has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.RN47 has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.RN47 has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.
Old 08-22-2019, 03:09 PM   #114
Veteran

I would suggest not watching netflix for any real life crime cases. They're heavily biased towards innocence for whoever is accused.

The evidence against Wayne Williams is much stronger then was let on in this show. He was spotted with over half the kids including one of the last 2 adults that were killed. There were 1 or 2 girls killed and one kid was shot in the head with a .22. He probably didn't commit those murders but the others, hell yeah. I you really want to read about the case read this:

https://tinyurl.com/yxgqsga5

Every few years they "reopen" the case because enough people in atlanta still don't want to admit another black was responsible.

Same goes for Making or a murderer 1 & 2, what a shitshow. Get off Netflix and take a look at the actual evidence and it's 100% obvious Avery is guilty as sin.
B_Ambuehl has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.B_Ambuehl has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.B_Ambuehl has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.B_Ambuehl has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.B_Ambuehl has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.B_Ambuehl has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.B_Ambuehl has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.B_Ambuehl has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.B_Ambuehl has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.B_Ambuehl has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.B_Ambuehl has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.
Thumbs Up 0 Thumbs Down 1     Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2019, 06:21 PM   #115
oxymoron

Quote:
Originally Posted by RN47 View Post
There's just as much racism in Ann Arbor (if not more) than in Birmingham; just as much in Hartford as there is in Macon. It's just far, far more devious and clandestine. .
Having family there, and spending time there, my question would be whether that's a northern thing, or a Michigan thing. And I would tend more towards it being Michigan. And it's not clandestine. There's a pretty significant population there, especially in the rural areas, of just straight-up, straightforward racists. I haven't really encountered it anywhere else, at least not on the northeastern side of the map.

But that said it wouldn't surprise me if that's how people are outside of urban areas everywhere, north, south, east or west. Because it's kind of hard to build a rapport with or respect for any segment of the population, be they black or other minorities, that you've never actually had any contact with. Ignorance is the real root of the problem, I've always believed. People can get so easily stuck in their bubble, and that's a problem that goes way beyond skin pigment.
keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-23-2019, 02:43 PM   #116
Veteran

Quote:
Watching this inspired me to listen to all of Atlanta Monster again, and holy shit what a nuts case.
Great podcast because the host was actually able to record phone conversations with Wayne from prison. It was so bizarre when Wayne put one of his fellow inmates on the phone trying to promote his rapping career.

It was also interesting how Wayne constantly used the phrase "Do you understand what I'm telling you?" or some variation.
Huffmeister would the whole thing.Huffmeister would the whole thing.Huffmeister would the whole thing.Huffmeister would the whole thing.Huffmeister would the whole thing.Huffmeister would the whole thing.Huffmeister would the whole thing.Huffmeister would the whole thing.Huffmeister would the whole thing.Huffmeister would the whole thing.Huffmeister would the whole thing.
Old 08-24-2019, 01:39 AM   #117
You Sweetie!

I love this cast - I just finished Episode 1 of Season II - Bill Tench is my man!
Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2019, 01:41 AM   #118
You Sweetie!

There's far more racism above the Mason Dixon line.
Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-25-2019, 10:35 PM   #119
Supporter

Good show. I enjoy the interviews more than the detective drama, though.

They have a story to tell, and I understand why they had to show the first big case where profiling predicted the perp.
notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-25-2019, 11:04 PM   #120
Supporter

I had to restart season 1. Apparently I’ve forgotten a bunch of shit.

Good news is I had forgotten that we get to see that chicks cans.
Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.