Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room > Media Center

Old 08-23-2019, 04:33 AM  
Shaken. Not stirred.

Movies you haven't seen in a few decades

Came across Always (1989) with Richard Dreyfus and Holly Hunter last night. Forgot how much I loved that movie. Was also reminded just how gorgeous Holly was in that movie.
007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-23-2019, 05:56 AM   #2
Veteran

The Right Stuff. In flight right now and just dialed it up on the AA library. Epic movie from my childhood.
Dallas Chief threw an interception on a screen pass.Dallas Chief threw an interception on a screen pass.Dallas Chief threw an interception on a screen pass.Dallas Chief threw an interception on a screen pass.Dallas Chief threw an interception on a screen pass.Dallas Chief threw an interception on a screen pass.Dallas Chief threw an interception on a screen pass.Dallas Chief threw an interception on a screen pass.Dallas Chief threw an interception on a screen pass.Dallas Chief threw an interception on a screen pass.Dallas Chief threw an interception on a screen pass.
Old 08-23-2019, 11:12 AM   #3
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallas Chief View Post
The Right Stuff. In flight right now and just dialed it up on the AA library. Epic movie from my childhood.
Still a great flick. Love it.

Steve Martin, The Man with Two Brains. I remember loving that as a kid.

I haven’t seen a lot of his old comedies in a long time and I remember really liking them.
Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-23-2019, 11:42 AM   #4
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 View Post
Still a great flick. Love it.

Steve Martin, The Man with Two Brains. I remember loving that as a kid.

I haven’t seen a lot of his old comedies in a long time and I remember really liking them.
Man With Two Brains is great. When it comes to Steve Martin movies, it's second only to Dirty Rotten Scoundrels.
Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-23-2019, 11:42 AM   #5
Supporter

Eight Days a Week is a good one. It probably hasn’t aged well but it was a really interesting watch 20 years ago. Plus, Keri Russell.

Willow is one that I haven’t seen in a long time but loved when I was a kid.

On the Val Kilmer note, The Ghost and the Darkness I probably watched 50 times in the 90s.

Another Kilmer classic is Real Genius.

I’m going to have to dig some of these up.
Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2019, 11:53 AM   #6
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buehler445 View Post
Eight Days a Week is a good one. It probably hasn’t aged well but it was a really interesting watch 20 years ago. Plus, Keri Russell.

Willow is one that I haven’t seen in a long time but loved when I was a kid.

On the Val Kilmer note, The Ghost and the Darkness I probably watched 50 times in the 90s.

Another Kilmer classic is Real Genius.

I’m going to have to dig some of these up.
Kilmer was great back in the day. Real Genius still holds up.

Willow I’ve always liked, but it’s slightly corny by today’s standards.

I haven’t seen Top Secret in a long time. But that was hilarious back in the day.
Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-23-2019, 12:07 PM   #7
MY LITTLE #15

My favorites from when I was a kid were:

Can't Buy Me Love (1987): I crushed on Patrick Dempsey before he became "Patrick Dempsey"

Adventures In Babysitting (1987): "Don't **** with the babysitter!"

Yes, I was a 10-11 year old girl when these came out...lol. I bought both of these on DVD, but I don't think I've watched them since I bought them.
luv is obviously part of the inner Circle.luv is obviously part of the inner Circle.luv is obviously part of the inner Circle.luv is obviously part of the inner Circle.luv is obviously part of the inner Circle.luv is obviously part of the inner Circle.luv is obviously part of the inner Circle.luv is obviously part of the inner Circle.luv is obviously part of the inner Circle.luv is obviously part of the inner Circle.luv is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-23-2019, 03:53 PM   #8
a haw haw haw

70's drive-in B movie only saw it once but it popped into my memory when I saw the topic

Nzoner is obviously part of the inner Circle.Nzoner is obviously part of the inner Circle.Nzoner is obviously part of the inner Circle.Nzoner is obviously part of the inner Circle.Nzoner is obviously part of the inner Circle.Nzoner is obviously part of the inner Circle.Nzoner is obviously part of the inner Circle.Nzoner is obviously part of the inner Circle.Nzoner is obviously part of the inner Circle.Nzoner is obviously part of the inner Circle.Nzoner is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-23-2019, 04:08 PM   #9
Suupraa Geniuuusss

Terry Gilliam's "Brazil," 1985 (I think). Still one of my all-time favorite movies

"Time Bandits" (1981?). 'Nuff said.

"Remo Williams: The Adventure Begins," 1986(?) "The Korean is the most perfect creature ever to sanctify the Earth with the imprint of its foot!" Still use this line as often as possible.

Buffalo '66'. The bowling alley scene.
Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-23-2019, 04:09 PM   #10
a haw haw haw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megatron96 View Post

"Time Bandits" (1981?). 'Nuff said.
Must see that one again,nice call
Nzoner is obviously part of the inner Circle.Nzoner is obviously part of the inner Circle.Nzoner is obviously part of the inner Circle.Nzoner is obviously part of the inner Circle.Nzoner is obviously part of the inner Circle.Nzoner is obviously part of the inner Circle.Nzoner is obviously part of the inner Circle.Nzoner is obviously part of the inner Circle.Nzoner is obviously part of the inner Circle.Nzoner is obviously part of the inner Circle.Nzoner is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-23-2019, 05:05 PM   #11
mod-ish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nzoner View Post
Must see that one again,nice call
They're remaking it with Taika Waititi directing.

https://www.stuff.co.nz/entertainmen...0s-cult-comedy
Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-23-2019, 05:13 PM   #12
Suupraa Geniuuusss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowser View Post
They're remaking it with Taika Waititi directing.

https://www.stuff.co.nz/entertainmen...0s-cult-comedy
Scared the heck out of me. They're not re-making the movie, just adapting the idea for a TV series.
Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-25-2019, 07:34 AM   #13
I could of gone pro

Looking for Mr. Goodbar (1977). I think I saw it on HBO when I first got that channel in 1979. Stars Diane Keaton as a schoolteacher who cruises bars looking for violent sex. Also stars an unknown Tom Berenger and Richard Gere, who I believe was also unknown at the time, but if IRC Gere was her last encounter. I've never seen it on TV or any premium channel. I think either Gere or Keaton has somehow managed to keep it from being shown. I remember it was really good and really shocking, kind of like Al Pacino was shocking in "Cruising".

DeepPurple 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDeepPurple 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDeepPurple 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDeepPurple 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDeepPurple 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDeepPurple 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDeepPurple 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDeepPurple 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDeepPurple 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDeepPurple 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDeepPurple 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Old 08-25-2019, 09:06 AM   #14
Politically Incorrect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megatron96 View Post
Buffalo '66'. The bowling alley scene.
That was a wicked movie. Really liked it.

Others that I watched around that time:

Welcome to the Dollhouse
Drugstore Cowboy
Pan's Labyrinth
As Good as it Gets
Broken Flowers
scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-25-2019, 05:31 PM   #15
Suupraa Geniuuusss

Can't believe I didn't think of this first. Ladies and gents, I give you, "The Warriors" movie trailer: