Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 06-29-2020, 11:59 AM  
NFL's #1 Ermines Fan

Listen, people. We need to have a talk about a Chiefs name change at some point.

I think the odds are low of a name change, but given the current state of affairs it's a non-zero possibility. And if we don't have input, the name will end up being some trite adjective in front of the word Hawks, which has happened with pretty much every other sports name change in America. Green Hawks, Fighting Hawks, Screeching Hawks, whatever. We don't want that.

I suspect that some members of Chiefs management read this site occasionally to get our takes on who should be starting at left guard or how they should handle a particular contract, so this is our chance to have input into the process. (Oh, and hi, Clark. Nice work last year, my friend. PM me about getting together for dinner next time you're in Denver.)

So we'll have a renaming tournament. In this thread, you may propose up to three names, and I'll structure everyone's suggestions into heats. Using the Chiefsplanet brain trust, we'll give Clark and his team valuable input into what the Chiefs should become if we eventually delete our homage to indigenous plains cultures.
Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-29-2020, 02:33 PM   #106
Settle this once and forever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rain Man View Post
There's an endangered species fishlike thing (edit: salamander) in Missouri called the hellbender: https://nature.mdc.mo.gov/status/endangered

That's a really good name, and the red jerseys can be recast as devilwear.
I've always been fond of the name Hellcats. It works better with a bit of alliteration like Harlem Hellcats.
ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-29-2020, 02:34 PM   #107
Bono & Grbac wasn't enough

Kansas city Redlegs. We would wear the red pants all the time.
ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2020, 02:34 PM   #108
Special Teams ACE!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rain Man View Post
There's an endangered species fishlike thing (edit: salamander) in Missouri called the hellbender: https://nature.mdc.mo.gov/status/endangered

That's a really good name, and the red jerseys can be recast as devilwear.
I know I put in my suggestions, but can you change my Kansas City Kings name to the Kansas City Coelacanths?

Those things are badass.
RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-29-2020, 02:35 PM   #109

To answer the question, Kansas City Kings seems like the best choice.

One syllable, quick and easy. Alliteration helps it flow off the tongue and it keeps the theme of high ranking individuals going.

Would the logo be a crown?
ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-29-2020, 02:42 PM   #110
I’m a Mahomo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaVirus View Post

One syllable, quick and easy. Alliteration helps it flow off the tongue and it keeps the theme of high ranking individuals going.

The King would be offended.
KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-29-2020, 02:46 PM   #111
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry View Post
Kansas City Wolves
Kansas City Wolfpack
This would be the only way the mascot we have would ever make sense.
penguinz is too fat/Omaha.penguinz is too fat/Omaha.penguinz is too fat/Omaha.penguinz is too fat/Omaha.penguinz is too fat/Omaha.penguinz is too fat/Omaha.penguinz is too fat/Omaha.penguinz is too fat/Omaha.penguinz is too fat/Omaha.penguinz is too fat/Omaha.penguinz is too fat/Omaha.
Old 06-29-2020, 02:50 PM   #112
Bono & Grbac wasn't enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by KChiefs1 View Post
We told that ****er in 1776 to **** off and we can do it again
ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-29-2020, 02:53 PM   #113
In my youth i pray to keep

Quote:
I've always been fond of the name Hellcats. It works better with a bit of alliteration like Harlem Hellcats.
I like Kansas City Coldwater Crayfish myself.
bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-29-2020, 02:59 PM   #114
Starter

Quote:

Nice try, but not a very good idea at all because every fan of the opposing teams would bombard us with shouts of "Fap Kings!" whilst making repetitive motions with their arm.
1COOLDOG < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.1COOLDOG < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.1COOLDOG < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.1COOLDOG < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.1COOLDOG < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.1COOLDOG < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.1COOLDOG < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.1COOLDOG < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.1COOLDOG < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.
Old 06-29-2020, 02:59 PM   #115
Veteran

Kansas City Cuties
KC Hawks wants to die in a aids tree fire.KC Hawks wants to die in a aids tree fire.KC Hawks wants to die in a aids tree fire.KC Hawks wants to die in a aids tree fire.KC Hawks wants to die in a aids tree fire.KC Hawks wants to die in a aids tree fire.KC Hawks wants to die in a aids tree fire.KC Hawks wants to die in a aids tree fire.KC Hawks wants to die in a aids tree fire.KC Hawks wants to die in a aids tree fire.KC Hawks wants to die in a aids tree fire.
Old 06-29-2020, 03:00 PM   #116
Veteran

Kansas City Escalades
KC Hawks wants to die in a aids tree fire.KC Hawks wants to die in a aids tree fire.KC Hawks wants to die in a aids tree fire.KC Hawks wants to die in a aids tree fire.KC Hawks wants to die in a aids tree fire.KC Hawks wants to die in a aids tree fire.KC Hawks wants to die in a aids tree fire.KC Hawks wants to die in a aids tree fire.KC Hawks wants to die in a aids tree fire.KC Hawks wants to die in a aids tree fire.KC Hawks wants to die in a aids tree fire.
Old 06-29-2020, 03:01 PM   #117
Veteran

However Mike Tyson says our team now is what it should be. Cause we stole him at #10
ChiefRocka Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.ChiefRocka Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.ChiefRocka Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.ChiefRocka Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.ChiefRocka Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.ChiefRocka Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.ChiefRocka Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.ChiefRocka Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.ChiefRocka Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.ChiefRocka Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.ChiefRocka Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 06-29-2020, 03:01 PM   #118
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by KChiefs1 View Post
Which one ya talkin' 'bout?:

-- Elvis?

-- The deformed and creepy Burger King character?

-- Richard Petty?

-- LeBron?
1COOLDOG < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.1COOLDOG < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.1COOLDOG < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.1COOLDOG < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.1COOLDOG < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.1COOLDOG < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.1COOLDOG < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.1COOLDOG < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.1COOLDOG < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.
Old 06-29-2020, 03:06 PM   #119
C Chiefs once a year!

Why is it that I see Redskins/Chiefs memorabilia and gear out at the rez in Northern California?
Eureka is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Eureka is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Eureka is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Eureka is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Eureka is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Eureka is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Eureka is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Eureka is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Eureka is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Eureka is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Eureka is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old 06-29-2020, 03:10 PM   #120

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1COOLDOG View Post
Nice try, but not a very good idea at all because every fan of the opposing teams would bombard us with shouts of "Fap Kings!" whilst making repetitive motions with their arm.

I don’t think I’ve ever heard the term “fap king” in my life so I think your concern is a bit misplaced.

As it stands, Chiefs can easily be turned into Chiefs and no one cares about that.