Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room

Old 06-29-2020, 11:59 AM  
NFL's #1 Ermines Fan

Listen, people. We need to have a talk about a Chiefs name change at some point.

I think the odds are low of a name change, but given the current state of affairs it's a non-zero possibility. And if we don't have input, the name will end up being some trite adjective in front of the word Hawks, which has happened with pretty much every other sports name change in America. Green Hawks, Fighting Hawks, Screeching Hawks, whatever. We don't want that.

I suspect that some members of Chiefs management read this site occasionally to get our takes on who should be starting at left guard or how they should handle a particular contract, so this is our chance to have input into the process. (Oh, and hi, Clark. Nice work last year, my friend. PM me about getting together for dinner next time you're in Denver.)

So we'll have a renaming tournament. In this thread, you may propose up to three names, and I'll structure everyone's suggestions into heats. Using the Chiefsplanet brain trust, we'll give Clark and his team valuable input into what the Chiefs should become if we eventually delete our homage to indigenous plains cultures.
Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-29-2020, 04:29 PM   #136
Banned

yeah... Chiefs is really offensive...? why in the hell would they even need to change it? based on what?

nothing.
Just another step in erasing native history. It doesnt have shit to do with it being offensive..which its not in the first place.
CarlosCarson27 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.CarlosCarson27 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.CarlosCarson27 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.CarlosCarson27 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.CarlosCarson27 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.CarlosCarson27 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.CarlosCarson27 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.CarlosCarson27 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.CarlosCarson27 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.CarlosCarson27 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.CarlosCarson27 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
Old 06-29-2020, 04:38 PM   #137
It was not a fair catch

The Kansas City Missourians.

So no one forgets the team is in Missouri. Sorry Kansans.
displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2020, 04:39 PM   #138
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlosCarson88 View Post
yeah... Chiefs is really offensive...? why in the hell would they even need to change it? based on what?

nothing.
Just another step in erasing native history. It doesnt have shit to do with it being offensive..which its not in the first place.
you can make the argument that "Redskins" is a offensive name and was a racial slur at one point. If the name Chiefs becomes offensive you might as well do away with mascot names and go with The Kansas City football team.
Shields68 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliShields68 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliShields68 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliShields68 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliShields68 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliShields68 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliShields68 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliShields68 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliShields68 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliShields68 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliShields68 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2020, 04:40 PM   #139
Starter

The Kansas City Tinmen
Motto: "We don't need a ****ing heart" or "We have more heart than you..."
After touchdowns could sing "We're gonna RIP the heart out of you, you, you you you"

The Kansas City Arrowheads
Surely this isn't offensive?

The Kansas City Missourians
"Dammit, we're in Missouri not Kansas"

The Kansas City Flying Monkeys
"They're always hanging around"
saturnknts is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.saturnknts is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.saturnknts is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.saturnknts is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.saturnknts is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.saturnknts is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.
Old 06-29-2020, 04:41 PM   #140
It was not a fair catch

Other than Ermines- The only other name I could get behind is Tornadoes or Twisters.
displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-29-2020, 04:42 PM   #141
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shields68 View Post
you can make the argument that "Redskins" is a offensive name and was a racial slur at one point. If the name Chiefs becomes offensive you might as well do away with mascot names and go with The Kansas City football team.
Kansas City Football Club - would drive soccer fans crazy. And I love soccer.
saturnknts is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.saturnknts is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.saturnknts is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.saturnknts is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.saturnknts is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.saturnknts is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.
Old 06-29-2020, 04:50 PM   #142
What's up braj?

The Kansas City Eracists. Helping erase racism all over our country one skull****ed opponent at a time.
Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-29-2020, 04:55 PM   #143
Ultrabanned

Kansas City Indigenous Plains People
Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 0 Thumbs Down 1     Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2020, 04:55 PM   #144
Everybody Lies.

I hope they never change the name but if they do I always thought the Kansas City Knights would be ok. Lots of cool logo potential. It's kind of arena football-ish. I'm sure there are better...and worse ideas out there.
lcarus is obviously part of the inner Circle.lcarus is obviously part of the inner Circle.lcarus is obviously part of the inner Circle.lcarus is obviously part of the inner Circle.lcarus is obviously part of the inner Circle.lcarus is obviously part of the inner Circle.lcarus is obviously part of the inner Circle.lcarus is obviously part of the inner Circle.lcarus is obviously part of the inner Circle.lcarus is obviously part of the inner Circle.lcarus is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-29-2020, 04:59 PM   #145
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shields68 View Post
which there is no documented history of anywhere. Ive seen sports forums debate this stupid shit for 10 years. Its all invented for separation. like every other race bait argument.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/local...c62_story.html

Quote:
Aug. 22, 1812: At a Washington reception for several Native Americans, President James Madison refers to Indians as “red people” or “my red children,” prompting Little Osage Chief Sans Oreilles (No Ears) to voice his support for the administration: “I know the manners of the whites and the red skins.” Then, Sioux Chief French Crow also pledged loyalty: “I am a red-skin,but what I say is the truth, and notwithstanding I came a long way I am content, but wish to return from here.”
Quote:
I shall be pleased to have you come to speak to me yourself if you pity our women and our children; and, if any redskins do you harm, I shall be able to look out for you even at the peril of my life,” Chief Mosquito said in his letter, according to a 2005 study by Ives Goddard, the Smithsonian Institution’s senior linguist emeritus.
Quote:
July 20, 1815: After tangling with famed explorer-turned-Missouri Territory Gov. William Clark, Meskwaki Chief Black Thunder gives a speech that was printed in the Western Journal in St. Louis. “I turn to all,” the chief is reported as saying, “red skins and white skins, and challenge an accusation against me.”
Quote:
Sept. 25, 1863: The Winona Daily Republican in Minnesota features an announcement that uses the term “redskin” as a pejorative: “The State reward for dead Indians has been increased to $200 for every red-skin sent to Purgatory. This sum is more than the dead bodies of all the Indians east of the Red River are worth.”
its pretty much like getting upset at the term "reerun... you can turn any term negative if you want.

indians used the term on themselves.
go back to calling themselves the Braves, I wouldnt mind that. But a drastic change to please pc propaganda? **** that
CarlosCarson27 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.CarlosCarson27 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.CarlosCarson27 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.CarlosCarson27 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.CarlosCarson27 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.CarlosCarson27 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.CarlosCarson27 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.CarlosCarson27 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.CarlosCarson27 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.CarlosCarson27 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.CarlosCarson27 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
Old 06-29-2020, 05:01 PM   #146
Banned

google-
Before the Indian Removal Act (1830) there were seven tribes in Missouri:

The Chickasaw tribe.
The Illini tribe.
The Ioway tribe.
The Otoe tribe.
The Missouria tribe.
The Osage tribe.
The Quapaw tribe.
-------------

i will only accept a change to one of these names
Old 06-29-2020, 05:08 PM   #147
Sometimes it's black and white

Kansas City Becuase Chufs
Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 06-29-2020, 05:16 PM   #148
Banned

http://www.ala.org/aboutala/indigeno...-washington-dc

On the Washington Football Team’s website, the organization stood by its usage of the name and mascot stating, “the image of ‘Chief Two Guns White Calf’ was most admired [and that is how the logo officially became the brand we know today]. The likeness is not of a mascot, but rather a logo based after a real person out of respect for the Native American.” Conversations about the use of American Indian imagery or culture continues to be debated today. There are professional teams, college teams, and schools that are implementing rules to abolish these mascots.
Old 06-29-2020, 05:20 PM   #149
Politically Incorrect

Chiefs is not racist.

Scalpers or Drunken Injuns or Redskins is......
scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-29-2020, 05:26 PM   #150
Day one guy

The Kansas City Rainmen, bringin' the thunder
redfan is obviously part of the inner Circle.redfan is obviously part of the inner Circle.redfan is obviously part of the inner Circle.redfan is obviously part of the inner Circle.redfan is obviously part of the inner Circle.redfan is obviously part of the inner Circle.redfan is obviously part of the inner Circle.redfan is obviously part of the inner Circle.redfan is obviously part of the inner Circle.redfan is obviously part of the inner Circle.redfan is obviously part of the inner Circle.