Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room > Media Center

Old 06-10-2016, 09:25 AM  
MVP

Stranger Things (Netflix)...

This looks great...

unlurking Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.unlurking Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.unlurking Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.unlurking Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.unlurking Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.unlurking Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.unlurking Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.unlurking Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.unlurking Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.unlurking Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.unlurking Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 08-05-2016, 09:53 AM   #91
I like 'em mustard & biscuits

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins View Post
I plowed through this in two nights. I really enjoyed it. I'm about five years too young for a lot of the early 80s nostalgia to truly resonate with me in a memorable way, but there are a lot of echoes of the culture that I remember.

Also, Steve is a dead ringer for Jean Ralphio.
this is set in my high school dayze....so I not only REALLY enjoyed the story....but I also had a blast checking everything out. OH OH OH...there goes a cutlass supreme in the background! OH...my friend had a Gremlin. damn....she's driving a pinto just like the one I used to have.
OH OH OH....I used to have those nikes.

and most sadly....OMG....I used to feather my hair like that....
frankotank 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.frankotank 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.frankotank 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.frankotank 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.frankotank 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.frankotank 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.frankotank 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.frankotank 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.frankotank 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.frankotank 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.frankotank 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 08-05-2016, 02:35 PM   #92
Veteran

Quote:
Here's an interesting fan theory that Steve is Jean Ralphios real father:

http://uproxx.com/tv/stranger-things...parks-and-rec/

It's crazy, but it's a fun read.
Huffmeister would the whole thing.Huffmeister would the whole thing.Huffmeister would the whole thing.Huffmeister would the whole thing.Huffmeister would the whole thing.Huffmeister would the whole thing.Huffmeister would the whole thing.Huffmeister would the whole thing.Huffmeister would the whole thing.Huffmeister would the whole thing.Huffmeister would the whole thing.
Old 08-05-2016, 02:55 PM   #93
Mindful Taoist German

I have to admit to watching it again.

Did it "steal" - yes, it did, heavily.

It stole the same way Mr. Robot did.

Obvious. Intentional. Flagrant. TO COMPLIMENT.

In fact STRANGER THINGS is better than anything any of the directors they ripped off have done in the last 20 years.
Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-06-2016, 10:26 PM   #94
MVP

Quote:
I plowed through this in two nights. I really enjoyed it. I'm about five years too young for a lot of the early 80s nostalgia to truly resonate with me in a memorable way, but there are a lot of echoes of the culture that I remember.

I found him being a dead ringer very distracting and also amusing.
Miles 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliMiles 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliMiles 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliMiles 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliMiles 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliMiles 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliMiles 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliMiles 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliMiles 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliMiles 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliMiles 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Old 08-06-2016, 11:15 PM   #95
Veteran

Really loved it. Everything that wasn't top shelf like some of the amateurish acting and even some of the writing was deeply charming in exactly the same way I recall the 80s themselves. I do not generally have 80s nostalgia at all. I was there. I didn't like much about it. Hated feathered hair. Hated the awful clothes and most of the popular music, and most shows don't go past that to depict the era. But recently we've had The Americans, Halt and Catch Fire, and now this that really bring it to life. This one touched on the American family's relationship to authority in a way that was very true to the era. Technology is at a precious stage and they nailed that too. My favorite parts of popular culture of the era were John Carpenter movies and The Clash. No surprise I dug the influences there. The most charming thing is the really extra details. Not just finding obvious stuff like coke commercials, but tiny details done absolutely perfectly like the damn pudding cans. I have not thought about pudding since the last time I peeled back the lid on one of those cans, but the label and the can itself were dead on. There are hundreds of those details in this. I can't wait to see another season, but I like it just the way it is, too.
underEJ 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliunderEJ 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliunderEJ 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliunderEJ 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliunderEJ 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliunderEJ 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliunderEJ 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliunderEJ 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliunderEJ 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliunderEJ 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliunderEJ 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Old 08-08-2016, 01:14 PM   #96
MVP

I loved this show! The feel of it made me go back to 1985, sitting in front of my TV watching a movie on VHS. They nailed 80 style movies. Ryder was excellent, the storyline was gripping and I loved the weird 80s techno music they used for dramatic scenes. Netflix better sign them up for season 2.
Carlota69 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Carlota69 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Carlota69 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Carlota69 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Carlota69 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Carlota69 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Carlota69 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Carlota69 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Carlota69 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Carlota69 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Carlota69 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 08-08-2016, 10:49 PM   #97
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankotank View Post
this is set in my high school dayze....so I not only REALLY enjoyed the story....but I also had a blast checking everything out. OH OH OH...there goes a cutlass supreme in the background! OH...my friend had a Gremlin. damn....she's driving a pinto just like the one I used to have.

Who wore the Nikes?

Will wore black Adidas.

Mike wore Pumas.

Steve had the full leather tennis type, not the vinyl and suede running type.

Last edited by Baby Lee; 08-08-2016 at 11:09 PM..
Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-09-2016, 01:36 PM   #98
I like 'em mustard & biscuits

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby Lee View Post
Who wore the Nikes?

Will wore black Adidas.

Mike wore Pumas.

Steve had the full leather tennis type, not the vinyl and suede running type.
frankotank 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.frankotank 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.frankotank 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.frankotank 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.frankotank 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.frankotank 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.frankotank 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.frankotank 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.frankotank 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.frankotank 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.frankotank 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 08-09-2016, 01:52 PM   #99
Supporter

Quote:
- Blame yourself. I saw your post before I binged the show. So I'm watching the thing looking for the stuff you're pointing out.

I am disappoint.

By the way, was anyone else surprised that 11 was a girl? I flashed right through all the boys not wanting [her] to take [her] shirt off without a thought, then they started talking about 'she, she, she. . . ' And even then I was like 'who the eff are they talking about?'

Now that I see it, she is adorable, and very talented. Looks like she's been acting since younger than Drew Barrymore even. Looked her up on IMDB and she already has like 3 major series under her belt.

But until they slapped a wig on her, I had no idea.
Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-09-2016, 04:19 PM   #100
Shit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby Lee View Post
- Blame yourself. I saw your post before I binged the show. So I'm watching the thing looking for the stuff you're pointing out.

I am disappoint.

By the way, was anyone else surprised that 11 was a girl? I flashed right through all the boys not wanting [her] to take [her] shirt off without a thought, then they started talking about 'she, she, she. . . ' And even then I was like 'who the eff are they talking about?'

Now that I see it, she is adorable, and very talented. Looks like she's been acting since younger than Drew Barrymore even. Looked her up on IMDB and she already has like 3 major series under her belt.

But until they slapped a wig on her, I had no idea.
I can't believe you didn't catch on she was a girl immediately, or at least before that part.
SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-09-2016, 04:20 PM   #101
Shit

Quote:

The Cortez.
SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-09-2016, 04:20 PM   #102
Cast Iron Jedi

Quote:
Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO View Post
I can't believe you didn't catch on she was a girl immediately, or at least before that part.
Like when someone says something about the girl missing in Ep. 1 and the very next scene we get introduced to 11?
Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-09-2016, 04:35 PM   #103
Supporter

Quote:
I was a tad unclear, I was fairly aware 11 was a girl when the boys kept yelling 'she,' a good bit before they put the wig and dress on her.

But come on, look at the picture above. Mike had more feminine features. Not a knock. They purposefully crafted her look as hard and wiry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy! View Post
Like when someone says something about the girl missing in Ep. 1 and the very next scene we get introduced to 11?
Must've missed that bit of dialog.
Old 08-09-2016, 04:46 PM   #104
Now you've pissed me off!

Quote:
The Cortez.
I got a pair of Cortez's in '04 that were all white leather. with red trim on the soles. I loved those shoes.

Overall, I have to agree with BL that her look, especially early, was androgynous.
'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-09-2016, 07:54 PM   #105
Supporter

I totally skipped over every post in this thread to make sure no spoilers.

Just finished episode 1, I think i might like this
hometeam is obviously part of the inner Circle.hometeam is obviously part of the inner Circle.hometeam is obviously part of the inner Circle.hometeam is obviously part of the inner Circle.hometeam is obviously part of the inner Circle.hometeam is obviously part of the inner Circle.hometeam is obviously part of the inner Circle.hometeam is obviously part of the inner Circle.hometeam is obviously part of the inner Circle.hometeam is obviously part of the inner Circle.hometeam is obviously part of the inner Circle.