Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room

Old 01-13-2015, 04:41 PM  
Supporter

Red Dirt Juke Box

In several discussions about music, several posters bring in Red Dirt Music to the conversation.

In this thread, I'd like to do things a little different to help people learn about our favorite artists, and post a couple of youtube videos of their song and your personal favorite playlist of that artist.
Feel free to include your own contributions, but follow the format. Videos of live performances, and list a few of your favorite songs.

I've met a few of these guys and have had beers with some of them, so I'll share stories and nuggets that they've told me. It's fine if you have a different take of the same artists or offer a different playlist.

Happy listening.

Last edited by Iowanian; 01-13-2015 at 05:05 PM..
Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-18-2017, 10:05 AM   #121
Mod Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buehler445 View Post
The new Turnpike Trubadours album is excellent. Per the usual.

Love the new album.

Now if only these assholes would play in Arizona!
lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-14-2018, 05:02 PM   #122
Supporter

https://www.hinterlandiowa.com/lineup/2018/

I'll just leave this here.
Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-18-2018, 02:14 PM   #123
Mod Team

Stapleton and Turnpike Troubadours just played on Austin City Limits this Saturday.

Truly amazing sets by both. Best Austin City Limits I have ever seen.

Must watch.
lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2018, 07:31 PM   #124
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iowanian View Post
My personal favorite, as mentioned before is the Turnpike Troubadours.

I've seen them live 5-6 times and have spent 2-3hrs talking with them at different times in a small venue after the show. They're very nice guys, even if they like to party a little bit. They've gotten much bigger now and are playing larger venues. If you like the music and get a chance, you need to see them live.

These guys write a lot of their own songs. The stand up base player is a pharmacist by education.

http://www.turnpiketroubadours.com/pg/music-video
You can listen to 2 full albums on this link. If this band doesn't become one of your favorites, you're not wired for this kind of music.

Gin-Smoke and Lies

My playlist for this band is long.
Gin Smoke Lies
Before the Devil Knows we're dead
Southeastern Son
Blue Star
Every Girl
Kansas City Southern
Whole Damn Town
Long Hot Summer Days
Evangeline
Shreveport
Morgan Street
Wrecked.

Honestly, they don't have a song that I skip if it comes in the rotation in itunes.

Long Hot Summer Day

Before the Devil Knows we're dead...live version. Not my favorite version.

Every Girl

Damn good write up.
MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-27-2018, 08:04 PM   #125
Mod Team

Doesn’t someone know these guys here?

Tell them to come tomorrow Arizona! ****!!!!!
Old 07-27-2018, 08:14 PM   #126
Shit

Quote:
Originally Posted by lewdog View Post
Stapleton and Turnpike Troubadours just played on Austin City Limits this Saturday.

Truly amazing sets by both. Best Austin City Limits I have ever seen.

Must watch.
I saw Stapleton live a couple weeks ago. He is damn good.

Brent Cobb was an opener and he was really good too. Worth a listen
SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-27-2018, 08:45 PM   #127
Mod Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAUTO View Post

Stapleton is so damn legit.

I'll give Cobb a try. Thanks.
Old 07-28-2018, 08:30 AM   #128
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAUTO View Post

Brent Cobb is awesome.

Make sure to listen to Cody Jinks, Tyler Childers, Whitey Morgan, Ward Davis, Colter Wall, Paul Cauthen, The Steel Woods
doomy3 wants to die in a aids tree fire.doomy3 wants to die in a aids tree fire.doomy3 wants to die in a aids tree fire.doomy3 wants to die in a aids tree fire.doomy3 wants to die in a aids tree fire.doomy3 wants to die in a aids tree fire.doomy3 wants to die in a aids tree fire.doomy3 wants to die in a aids tree fire.doomy3 wants to die in a aids tree fire.doomy3 wants to die in a aids tree fire.doomy3 wants to die in a aids tree fire.
Old 10-27-2018, 04:51 PM   #129
Fish are scared of me

Love this thread
Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-05-2018, 10:35 AM   #130
Supporter

On a whim, we went to see Jason Boland at the Truman in KC saturday. Anyone else there?

If you haven't done it yet, get your behind on the Tyler Childers bus.....

Get on youtube and try the following playlist.....You're welcome.

Feathered Indians
Whitehouse Road
Peace of mind
Harland Road
Follow you to virgie (the best sad song i've ever heard)
Then you'll be ready to try Banded Clovis, hard times, Oneida and a plethora of other really good stuff.

Old 10-09-2019, 01:59 PM   #131
Supporter

Hopefully you've all taken some time to jumped on the bandwagon of my last post...Tyler Childers. He's awesome.

Get on this train early...

I've think I've found my next great thing.
Zach Bryan. The story, he's in the Military and most of the singing is in the back yard of a friend, and just released his first album with some rented equipment in a VRBO house with mattresses against the wall to dampen sound. For the turnpike fans he's got a song about Evan Felker that doesn't suck.

Give this guy a look.

Just do yourself a favor and get on his youtube playlist and listen to the lyrics....
Old 10-09-2019, 02:03 PM   #132
Supporter

Old 10-11-2019, 02:32 AM   #133
Supporter

That’s good shit Iowanian. Really dig it. What he lacks in polish he makes up for with genuine passion.

Good find man.
Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-12-2020, 11:32 AM   #134
Supporter

I don't know how I missed it, but I've stumbled into an Uncle Lucius phase.

This song gets me....

If you still haven't gotten on the Zach Bryan train....try it.
Old 02-12-2020, 11:37 AM   #135
Supporter

https://www.hinterlandiowa.com/#panel1

Several great red dirt options at this great little music festival in Iowa.
Tyler Childers is the headliner saturday night along with several other good options.