Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 01-13-2015, 04:41 PM  
Supporter

Red Dirt Juke Box

In several discussions about music, several posters bring in Red Dirt Music to the conversation.

In this thread, I'd like to do things a little different to help people learn about our favorite artists, and post a couple of youtube videos of their song and your personal favorite playlist of that artist.
Feel free to include your own contributions, but follow the format. Videos of live performances, and list a few of your favorite songs.

I've met a few of these guys and have had beers with some of them, so I'll share stories and nuggets that they've told me. It's fine if you have a different take of the same artists or offer a different playlist.

Happy listening.

Last edited by Iowanian; 01-13-2015 at 05:05 PM..
Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-20-2016, 12:17 PM   #91
Mahomes or GTFO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iowanian View Post
I am sorry to report that after having listened to the new stirgil Simpson album...I don't get it. I don't like it at all and it pains me to say that.
That is surprising. I absolutely love it and have had it on repeat for the last week. Any country singer that can reference getting high and playing Golden Eye on N64 in a song has won in my book.
Strongside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Strongside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Strongside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Strongside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Strongside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Strongside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Strongside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Strongside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Strongside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Strongside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Strongside is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-20-2016, 01:08 PM   #92
Supporter

Any of you guys into Shooter Jennings, Waylon's son? I'm not much into this red dirt style of music but some of it is okay. We're going to see him this weekend with some friends in Joplin (I think).
Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-21-2016, 10:51 AM   #93
Supporter

I've been hitting the Whiskey Meyers pretty hard lately

Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-21-2016, 10:58 AM   #94
Supporter

I've also been digging Shane Smith and The Saints a good little bit.

This one is my favorite. I could listen to it on repeat all day.

Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-21-2016, 12:59 PM   #95
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buehler445 View Post
I've been hitting the Whiskey Meyers pretty hard lately

This is one that I actually have noticed and I really like. They sound a lot like Skynard.
Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-05-2016, 08:32 AM   #96
Supporter

Not really red dirt. In fact, not red dirt at all, but I don't know where else to put it.

This is Rhiannon Giddens. She does bluegrass, jazz, Americana, whatever. I don't really get into a lot of those genres, but her voice is really really good. And she is really really good. Look her up. She's spectacular, man.

Dug her up because she's the background vocals on this song. She can really belt it with a lot of soul.
Old 12-15-2016, 10:10 PM   #97
Supporter

I think Iowanian has posted up some Stapleton, but I've been listening to him a lot lately.

Old 12-15-2016, 10:21 PM   #98
Supporter

I've always loved this one.

Old 12-15-2016, 10:50 PM   #99
Supporter

Old 12-15-2016, 11:01 PM   #100
Supporter

He's kinda twangy, but a decent listen
Old 12-15-2016, 11:11 PM   #101
Supporter

These guys are a lot different than I normally dig, but they're really good.

Old 12-18-2016, 09:48 AM   #102
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buehler445 View Post
Not really red dirt. In fact, not red dirt at all, but I don't know where else to put it.

This is Rhiannon Giddens. She does bluegrass, jazz, Americana, whatever. I don't really get into a lot of those genres, but her voice is really really good. And she is really really good. Look her up. She's spectacular, man.

Dug her up because she's the background vocals on this song. She can really belt it with a lot of soul.
Rhiannon Giddens is really good. Like really good.

Old 12-18-2016, 11:05 AM   #103
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lzen View Post
This is one that I actually have noticed and I really like. They sound a lot like Skynard.
They just came out with a new album. Only one song on it I don't care for. Love Whiskey Myers, Ive seen them live 5 times I believe.
dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 02-24-2017, 07:24 PM   #104
Mod Team

Thanks Buehler on Whiskey Myers. Been digging them.

Also, check out The White Buffalo. Good stuff to be heard there.
lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-24-2017, 08:25 PM   #105
pie is never free

Logan Mize is the real deal
Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.