Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room

Old 01-23-2011, 11:58 AM  
Seeking the Truth daily

Off Season Lets Talk Guns, Part 2

Been a while since we had a guns n' ammo discussion.

Some of you are AR shooters Im sure. Im looking at a Colt 6920. Will be my first AR. Picked up a Glock this fall and really enjoy shooting it. Any feedback on that weapon?

Anyone else been in a buy/sell/trade mood with hardware?

Last edited by Bearcat; 07-28-2015 at 05:52 PM..
HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-03-2020, 01:53 PM   #2986
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorp View Post
I bought it from a KCMO policeman. $640 never been fired. Not a great deal, but trying to find something at a decent price right now is very rare.
Yeah, that's pretty harsh. With my military discount I paid under $500 for my P365XL last year.

Of course, the world still made sense last year. You've got to take what you can get in this environment.
Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-03-2020, 02:18 PM   #2987
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frazod View Post
Yeah, that's pretty harsh. With my military discount I paid under $500 for my P365XL last year.

Of course, the world still made sense last year. You've got to take what you can get in this environment.

I don't know....Everywhere I have seen the 320 has been in the $600 range - and yeah, my 365 was under $500 also.
Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-04-2020, 05:32 PM   #2988
pie is never free

Finally got out to shoot my Mossberg today, such a blast

The kick isn’t nearly as bad as expected, but was only using 2 3/4” plain jane field loads... I’m betting the 3” OO and slugs will test my shoulder a little more

Beer cans and fishing bobbers tossed in the air by my buddy had no chance, super easy to get on target with and WOW what a soft trigger this girl has, almost feels like I took it to a gunsmith for a custom job... just breath on her and she’s letting it rip

I’d sure hate to be in front of her
Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-04-2020, 07:05 PM   #2989
(Sir/Yes Sir/Aye Aye Sir)

https://youtu.be/4JX5H1r7JcM
GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 4 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2020, 07:12 PM   #2990
pie is never free

Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-04-2020, 08:24 PM   #2991
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS

Quote:
Originally Posted by GloryDayz View Post
Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-04-2020, 10:10 PM   #2992
Admitted Planet Junky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Easy 6 View Post
Finally got out to shoot my Mossberg today, such a blast

The kick isn’t nearly as bad as expected, but was only using 2 3/4” plain jane field loads... I’m betting the 3” OO and slugs will test my shoulder a little more

Beer cans and fishing bobbers tossed in the air by my buddy had no chance, super easy to get on target with and WOW what a soft trigger this girl has, almost feels like I took it to a gunsmith for a custom job... just breath on her and she’s letting it rip

I’d sure hate to be in front of her
Run some 3 1/2" magnums through it and your shoulder will let you know you shot some rounds.

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk

Last edited by Chief Roundup; 07-05-2020 at 02:43 AM..
Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old 07-04-2020, 11:29 PM   #2993
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Roundup View Post
Run some 3 1/2" magnums through it and your shoulder will let you know you shoot some rounds.

Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-05-2020, 06:05 AM   #2994
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by GloryDayz View Post
Those black rifle guys are good at the YouTubez. And coffee.
Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-05-2020, 06:31 AM   #2995
Veteran

Wondering if anybody has any personal experience or owns either the FN 509 tactical or mid sized MRD? Since every online gun review is not much more than a fluff piece, I was looking for some user impressions.

I’d like to deck out the 509 Tactical similarly to the M&P 2.0 I have pictured below (which I am selling). Thanks in advance!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	F0BF44EF-7E9A-4E53-8FB7-159063D3F283.jpg
Views:	351
Size:	32.3 KB
ID:	120765  
Cheater5 threw an interception on a screen pass.Cheater5 threw an interception on a screen pass.Cheater5 threw an interception on a screen pass.Cheater5 threw an interception on a screen pass.Cheater5 threw an interception on a screen pass.Cheater5 threw an interception on a screen pass.Cheater5 threw an interception on a screen pass.Cheater5 threw an interception on a screen pass.Cheater5 threw an interception on a screen pass.Cheater5 threw an interception on a screen pass.Cheater5 threw an interception on a screen pass.
Old 07-05-2020, 08:35 AM   #2996
Supporter

I run the 509 compact as a carry pistol, has the red dot on it. I ****ing love that pistol, I carry it almost full time. I have about a dozen pistols I normally carry and rotate through. Ever since I bought the 509, I very rarely carry anything else. Fits my hand perfect, trigger is nice. Good break and reset, easy to keep the pistol on target for quick follow up. The entire pistol is very good, but FN is damn good at putting out quality weapons.

Probably my only gripe is that with the compact, if my hands are sweating and I run a full mag through it. My hands will slip down the grip some, but I’m going to get some different stippling added on to stop that
Perineum Ripper is obviously part of the inner Circle.Perineum Ripper is obviously part of the inner Circle.Perineum Ripper is obviously part of the inner Circle.Perineum Ripper is obviously part of the inner Circle.Perineum Ripper is obviously part of the inner Circle.Perineum Ripper is obviously part of the inner Circle.Perineum Ripper is obviously part of the inner Circle.Perineum Ripper is obviously part of the inner Circle.Perineum Ripper is obviously part of the inner Circle.Perineum Ripper is obviously part of the inner Circle.Perineum Ripper is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2020, 09:18 AM   #2997
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac459 View Post
I run the 509 compact as a carry pistol, has the red dot on it. I ****ing love that pistol, I carry it almost full time. I have about a dozen pistols I normally carry and rotate through. Ever since I bought the 509, I very rarely carry anything else. Fits my hand perfect, trigger is nice. Good break and reset, easy to keep the pistol on target for quick follow up. The entire pistol is very good, but FN is damn good at putting out quality weapons.

Probably my only gripe is that with the compact, if my hands are sweating and I run a full mag through it. My hands will slip down the grip some, but I’m going to get some different stippling added on to stop that

Hey thanks for the quick response. I read some unflattering things about FN9s and FNs overall abysmal customer service and some crazy caveat to have it sent in every 2000 rounds or get inspected by an armorer (lol).

https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....roke-my-FNS-9L

I’ve only held the 509T and the MRD, but you can only get so much out of that. I carry a CZ P10c right now after walking away from Glock— nothing bad to say about them, other than they just aren’t for me.

But I’m intrigued by the 509T series as they seem to have figured it out.

How do you like the trigger as compared to your other striker fired carry guns? Did you change it out, or running stock?

Thanks again.
Cheater5 threw an interception on a screen pass.Cheater5 threw an interception on a screen pass.Cheater5 threw an interception on a screen pass.Cheater5 threw an interception on a screen pass.Cheater5 threw an interception on a screen pass.Cheater5 threw an interception on a screen pass.Cheater5 threw an interception on a screen pass.Cheater5 threw an interception on a screen pass.Cheater5 threw an interception on a screen pass.Cheater5 threw an interception on a screen pass.Cheater5 threw an interception on a screen pass.
Old 07-05-2020, 04:31 PM   #2998
Supporter

My buddy got a 9mm carbine setup and wanted to bring it out to shoot it.

Man that’s a really nice setup. I got some rounds through it and it shoots really nice. It’s a nice lightweight easily maneuverable setup.

I’d really like to get one. I’m jealous.

Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2020, 07:52 PM   #2999
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheater5 View Post
Hey thanks for the quick response. I read some unflattering things about FN9s and FNs overall abysmal customer service and some crazy caveat to have it sent in every 2000 rounds or get inspected by an armorer (lol).

https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....roke-my-FNS-9L

I’ve only held the 509T and the MRD, but you can only get so much out of that. I carry a CZ P10c right now after walking away from Glock— nothing bad to say about them, other than they just aren’t for me.

But I’m intrigued by the 509T series as they seem to have figured it out.

How do you like the trigger as compared to your other striker fired carry guns? Did you change it out, or running stock?

Thanks again.

For a carry pistol with the stock trigger I find it pretty good. I have shot worse stock triggers, better stock triggers. It is better than stock Glock triggers, I find it close to Springfield Xdm series triggers after they had been polished. Maybe on par with HK VP9.

So for now I’m running stock, I might try a couple different aftermarket ones and see if I can find something I like a little better.
Perineum Ripper is obviously part of the inner Circle.Perineum Ripper is obviously part of the inner Circle.Perineum Ripper is obviously part of the inner Circle.Perineum Ripper is obviously part of the inner Circle.Perineum Ripper is obviously part of the inner Circle.Perineum Ripper is obviously part of the inner Circle.Perineum Ripper is obviously part of the inner Circle.Perineum Ripper is obviously part of the inner Circle.Perineum Ripper is obviously part of the inner Circle.Perineum Ripper is obviously part of the inner Circle.Perineum Ripper is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-05-2020, 09:33 PM   #3000
Admitted Planet Junky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buehler445 View Post
My buddy got a 9mm carbine setup and wanted to bring it out to shoot it.

Man that’s a really nice setup. I got some rounds through it and it shoots really nice. It’s a nice lightweight easily maneuverable setup.

I’d really like to get one. I’m jealous.

I am wanting a Ruger PC Charger. It comes with 6.5" barrel. The 16" barrel off of their carbine model fits on the Charger so a person could have both and it uses Glock magazines which works well since I have a 17.

Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.