Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room

Old 07-02-2020, 09:06 PM  
Keep Camp Home!

Finally, a steak worthy of ketchup

https://www.engadget.com/3d-printed-...193947695.html
cmh6476 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.cmh6476 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.cmh6476 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.cmh6476 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.cmh6476 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.cmh6476 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.cmh6476 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.cmh6476 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.cmh6476 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.cmh6476 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.cmh6476 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 07-04-2020, 02:45 PM   #16
Kind of a mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldman View Post
The problem I have with those soy/unknown substance burgers isn't so much the taste, but the texture. Bite into one and when you chew, it becomes some kind of pasty goo. I'm out.
Have you tried the Impossible Burger? It tastes so much like meat that my vegetarian friend won't eat it.
DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-04-2020, 03:55 PM   #17
Sexiest Athlete

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaFace View Post
Have you tried the Impossible Burger? It tastes so much like meat that my vegetarian friend won't eat it.
I tried the Impossible Whopper; it was OK, I guess. Fairly reminiscent of what I remembered a Whopper tasting like.

I've been a vegetarian for a few years now, and I really don't "get" the whole fake meat thing. If I wanted meat, I would simply eat it. The notion of a 3D printed plant steak is a hard pass from me.

The only way I can see this taking off is if there is a confluence of events that render real meat cost prohibitive and the fake steak market can overcome adoption barriers where economies of scale can make it significantly more affordable than meat.
Fat Elvis is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fat Elvis is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fat Elvis is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fat Elvis is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fat Elvis is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fat Elvis is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fat Elvis is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fat Elvis is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fat Elvis is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fat Elvis is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fat Elvis is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-04-2020, 04:06 PM   #18
Kind of a mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Elvis View Post
I tried the Impossible Whopper; it was OK, I guess. Fairly reminiscent of what I remembered a Whopper tasting like.

I've been a vegetarian for a few years now, and I really don't "get" the whole fake meat thing. If I wanted meat, I would simply eat it. The notion of a 3D printed plant steak is a hard pass from me.

The only way I can see this taking off is if there is a confluence of events that render real meat cost prohibitive and the fake steak market can overcome adoption barriers where economies of scale can make it significantly more affordable than meat.
To be fair, I've had it at a reasonably nice restaurant where they actually know how to cook a burger, and that's what I'm primarily thinking of. The Burger King version is fine, but at the end of the day it's a Burger King burger.

As for the plant-based meat broadly, though, I think of it more as being for someone like me than someone like you. I don't think I could ever truly be vegetarian, but I do think that the world would generally be a little better place if we had less of a need for raising and slaughtering meat. So, if they can come up with some products that satisfy my need for meat while reducing the impacts of growing said meat, I'm all for it.

But yeah, they're gonna have to get the prices down. I actually think it's likely they'll get there in the next 5-10 years, but we'll see.
DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2020, 04:16 PM   #19
Sexiest Athlete

Quote:
To be fair, I've had it at a reasonably nice restaurant where they actually know how to cook a burger, and that's what I'm primarily thinking of. The Burger King version is fine, but at the end of the day it's a Burger King burger.

As for the plant-based meat broadly, though, I think of it more as being for someone like me than someone like you. I don't think I could ever truly be vegetarian, but I do think that the world would generally be a little better place if we had less of a need for raising and slaughtering meat. So, if they can come up with some products that satisfy my need for meat while reducing the impacts of growing said meat, I'm all for it.

But yeah, they're gonna have to get the prices down. I actually think it's likely they'll get there in the next 5-10 years, but we'll see.
I might have to get some Impossible Burger and cook it myself to give it a fair shake.
Fat Elvis is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fat Elvis is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fat Elvis is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fat Elvis is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fat Elvis is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fat Elvis is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fat Elvis is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fat Elvis is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fat Elvis is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fat Elvis is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fat Elvis is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-04-2020, 04:29 PM   #20
Leto Atreides for Prez 2024

Would be awesome if they could make a steak alternative that is healthy. I'd eat it everyday.
BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-04-2020, 05:19 PM   #21
NFL's #1 Ermines Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Elvis View Post

I hate to admit it, but I'm not going to try a plant-based burger if I'm at a restaurant that is also offering a meat-based burger. I'm not averse to trying it, but the only way it's going to happen is when my wife eventually takes me to some vegetarian restaurant where meat isn't available.
Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-04-2020, 05:28 PM   #22
Kind of a mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rain Man View Post
I hate to admit it, but I'm not going to try a plant-based burger if I'm at a restaurant that is also offering a meat-based burger. I'm not averse to trying it, but the only way it's going to happen is when my wife eventually takes me to some vegetarian restaurant where meat isn't available.
I'm telling you, I thought The Kitchen's Impossible Burger was as good if not better than the normal burger.
Old 07-04-2020, 05:45 PM   #23
NFL's #1 Ermines Fan

Quote:
I'm telling you, I thought The Kitchen's Impossible Burger was as good if not better than the normal burger.
Maybe some day, then. Some day when I'm feeling particularly environmental.
Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-04-2020, 05:48 PM   #24
Supporter

Why shape it like a steak? They could make a fake meat Eiffel tower. Think of the possibilities.
mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-04-2020, 05:49 PM   #25
Kind of a mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlyonsd View Post
Why shape it like a steak? They could make a fake meat Eiffel tower. Think of the possibilities.
Golden Gate Bridge Bacon would be fun.
Old 07-04-2020, 05:53 PM   #26
NFL's #1 Ermines Fan

Imagine the fun of a meat dish that was miniature high rises and tiny Tokyo residents fleeing in terror as you smash through it. That's the way they'll draw in customers like me.
Old 07-05-2020, 01:03 AM   #27
I got Rice cookin in the micro

real steaks matter.
Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-05-2020, 07:29 AM   #28
The Maintenance Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rain Man View Post
Imagine the fun of a meat dish that was miniature high rises and tiny Tokyo residents fleeing in terror as you smash through it. That's the way they'll draw in customers like me.
I'll bring in the whole family to enjoy that with me.
Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-05-2020, 08:35 AM   #29
Banned

Quote:
You only save 30 calories so why bother? Unless your goal is to lower cholesterol
dj56dt58 has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.dj56dt58 has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.dj56dt58 has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.dj56dt58 has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.dj56dt58 has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.dj56dt58 has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.dj56dt58 has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.dj56dt58 has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.dj56dt58 has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.dj56dt58 has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.dj56dt58 has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.
Old 07-05-2020, 12:58 PM   #30
Veteran

Wow! That looks amazing, and I bet it tastes even better than it looks!*

*hoping to drive demand for veggie based meat products, thus lowering the demand, and subsequently the price of, real meat. The bone-in ribeye I grilled yesterday will be even better once the price goes down....
mililo4cpa 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellimililo4cpa 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellimililo4cpa 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellimililo4cpa 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellimililo4cpa 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellimililo4cpa 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellimililo4cpa 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellimililo4cpa 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellimililo4cpa 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellimililo4cpa 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellimililo4cpa 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli