Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room > Media Center

Old 07-08-2010, 03:43 PM  
In Search of a Life

The Return of Beavis and Butthead?

Fans who fondly remember "Frog Baseball" and still pull their shirts over their heads to break out a rendition of "The Great Cornholio" may have reason to rejoice. It seems that news is circulating that MTV plans to revive one of its most popular franchises in Beavis and Butt-Head. According to Examiner's REVIEWniverse, an anonymous source has revealed that creator Mike Judge has 30 new episodes in the works which will be set for a return on its native MTV. While the deal is not yet set in stone and reports also indicate that the return of the animated icons has yet to be greenlit, Judge's efforts may be an indicator that things will likely move forward.
According to the report, the updated series would apparently hold true to the original in that Judge plans to maintain the scraggly, "ghetto-tech aesthetic" of the original series. Additionally, the format of giving music videos the old "Mystery Science Theater 3000" treatment of voice-over commentary would also remain, except with up-to-date videos, obviously. (Beavis and Butt-Head commentating on Lady Gaga videos? That's got to be worth something.)

Spun-off from the 1991 animation showcase/anthology series Liquid Television, Beavis and Butt-Head would air from 1993-1997. At the height of its popularity, it even spawned the theatrically-released film Beavis and Butt-Head Do America, which topped the box-office in its debut weekend, going on to gross over $63 million in 1996. The animated duo represented for many, the embodiment of society's imminent intellectual downfall, and for others, a guilty pleasure that contained nuggets of clever commentary on culture and Americana. For MTV, the show's success was an important landmark in its complete transition from the network that played music videos into the broader, youth-catered programming full of teen dramas and scripted "reality" shows it would eventually become.

It's been a long time since the 90's iconic bumbling duo have shined in the spotlight and it's difficult to tell if they would show their age if revived in today's setting. How would Beavis and Butthead's rural, mundane, but trouble-filled lives hold up in a much faster culture filled with a dominant Internet, smart phones, and social networks?

Would fans welcome the return of Beavis and Butt-Head? Or would a revival be perceived as milking a franchise well past its age?

Read more: http://g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/post/70...#ixzz0t6nzbzAW

I am all for this as long as Mike Judge is at the helm. The potential to make fun of so many things that the world has evolved into with social media and cell/texting. lol
kcxiv is too fat/Omaha.kcxiv is too fat/Omaha.kcxiv is too fat/Omaha.kcxiv is too fat/Omaha.kcxiv is too fat/Omaha.kcxiv is too fat/Omaha.kcxiv is too fat/Omaha.kcxiv is too fat/Omaha.kcxiv is too fat/Omaha.kcxiv is too fat/Omaha.kcxiv is too fat/Omaha.
Old 07-02-2020, 10:06 AM   #61
Supporter

Oddly, for all the Mike Judge stuff I love, I never got into B&B. I thought the movie was great, but I just wasn't in a place to 'veg out' with their show laughing at dumb stuff at the time it was on. I probably just missed out on the zeitgeist because from King of the Hill on, anything with Mike Judge attached usually sparks my interest [even watched every episode of The Goode Family, oh and I was a staunch supporter of his Showtime series on 'Tales from the Tourbus'], . . . though I guess I never did see that movie where Michael Bluth runs a soda bottling plant, . . . Extract was it? Maybe put that on my queue.
Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-02-2020, 10:31 AM   #62
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dayze View Post
I still have so many one liners that I remember that crack me up.

there was one Pantera video they were watching, and commenting how the lead singer was angry etc; and probably had a really bad father. Then they starting imitating what they though his father was like, and Butt Head was like "...yeah, his Dad is probably like...'Damnit Pantera'"
as if the singer's name is Pantera

and the video of "Take On Me" by A-Ha; Butt Head goes "Hey Beavis...this bands name is "Uh Huh (in a Butt Head voice)"....uh huh huhuhu uh huhuh "

lol
Hahaha. Just a brilliantly made show. Simple and juvenile yes. But so great.
Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-02-2020, 11:15 AM   #63
Politically Incorrect

All during the hoarding I always thought of Beavis and Butthead: "TP for my bunghole"

scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-02-2020, 04:23 PM   #64
My work speaks for itself!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by scho63 View Post
All during the hoarding I always thought of Beavis and Butthead: "TP for my bunghole"

ARE YOU THREATENING ME!!!????

Outside of the love scene in "team america".....the first Cornholio episode made me the laugh the hardest I may have ever laughed.
DJJasonp has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.DJJasonp has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.DJJasonp has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.DJJasonp has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.DJJasonp has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.DJJasonp has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.DJJasonp has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.DJJasonp has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.DJJasonp has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.DJJasonp has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.DJJasonp has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2020, 06:18 PM   #65
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby Lee View Post
Oddly, for all the Mike Judge stuff I love, I never got into B&B. I thought the movie was great, but I just wasn't in a place to 'veg out' with their show laughing at dumb stuff at the time it was on. I probably just missed out on the zeitgeist because from King of the Hill on, anything with Mike Judge attached usually sparks my interest [even watched every episode of The Goode Family, oh and I was a staunch supporter of his Showtime series on 'Tales from the Tourbus'], . . . though I guess I never did see that movie where Michael Bluth runs a soda bottling plant, . . . Extract was it? Maybe put that on my queue.
Yes. Extract is great.
Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-02-2020, 11:31 PM   #66
Politically Incorrect

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJJasonp View Post
ARE YOU THREATENING ME!!!????

Outside of the love scene in "team america".....the first Cornholio episode made me the laugh the hardest I may have ever laughed.
Me and my buddies in our 30s and 40s went around for a good year or two constantly saying: ME Don Cornholio, need TP for My bunghole.

What a bunch of immature goofballs we were!
scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-03-2020, 12:09 AM   #67
left blank intentionally

Quote:

there was one Pantera video they were watching, and commenting how the lead singer was angry etc; and probably had a really bad father. Then they starting imitating what they though his father was like, and Butt Head was like "...yeah, his Dad is probably like...'Damnit Pantera'"
Damn it, Pantera - you need to go upstairs and clean your room!
rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-04-2020, 03:39 PM   #68
MVP

Quote:

and the video of "Take On Me" by A-Ha; Butt Head goes "Hey Beavis...this bands name is "Uh Huh (in a Butt Head voice)"....uh huh huhuhu uh huhuh "

lol
WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
Old 07-15-2020, 10:31 AM   #69
ON CP YOU’RE SOMEBODY’S BITCH!

Quote:

lol
Both those parts just had me rolling...
rico is obviously part of the inner Circle.rico is obviously part of the inner Circle.rico is obviously part of the inner Circle.rico is obviously part of the inner Circle.rico is obviously part of the inner Circle.rico is obviously part of the inner Circle.rico is obviously part of the inner Circle.rico is obviously part of the inner Circle.rico is obviously part of the inner Circle.rico is obviously part of the inner Circle.rico is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-15-2020, 10:43 AM   #70
In Search of a Life

Did they ever bring back “fire, fire, fire”? Or maybe that’s gone forever?