Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 01-13-2015, 04:41 PM  
Supporter

Red Dirt Juke Box

In several discussions about music, several posters bring in Red Dirt Music to the conversation.

In this thread, I'd like to do things a little different to help people learn about our favorite artists, and post a couple of youtube videos of their song and your personal favorite playlist of that artist.
Feel free to include your own contributions, but follow the format. Videos of live performances, and list a few of your favorite songs.

I've met a few of these guys and have had beers with some of them, so I'll share stories and nuggets that they've told me. It's fine if you have a different take of the same artists or offer a different playlist.

Happy listening.

Last edited by Iowanian; 01-13-2015 at 05:05 PM..
Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-04-2020, 11:27 AM   #166
Mod Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buehler445 View Post
The interview with Nix is the best I could find.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/ktul.co...ses-solo-album
Nix's album dropped on June 26 I found. I gave it a listen.

Music is good and who doesn't love a great fiddle player. Lyrics are fine and similar in story telling while being more ominous than Turnpike.

However, there's a reason he wasn't the lead singer of the Troubadours.....
lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2020, 08:57 PM   #167
Ultrabanned

Tyler Childers is the present and future of country music. He's what I'm listening to mostly lately. Learned about him thru this thread and my pandora started playing some of his stuff and every single song is a classic. If he's wrote a bad one I haven't heard it yet.

Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2020, 10:38 PM   #168
Ultrabanned

Maybe this guy has been mentioned in this thread. Literally listened to a couple songs off this album for the first time ever via FB friend and I can tell it's damn good stuff. Just hits you right away.

Arlo McKinley -Die Midwestern is the album.

Last edited by Pablo; 08-15-2020 at 10:54 PM..
Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-18-2021, 10:09 AM   #169
Supporter

I haven't seen any discussion on it here, but have you heard the latest Sturgill Simpson "Cutting Grass" Butcher Shoppe sessions?

He does several of his songs in a bluegrass sound, and there are some others. It's a great "garage" or "listen in the shop" playlist. Honestly I hadn't been the biggest fan of the last couple of albums, but I like this.

You're welcome.

Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2021, 10:14 AM
Pablo
This message has been deleted by Pablo. Reason: dupe
Old 02-18-2021, 10:14 AM
Pablo
This message has been deleted by Pablo. Reason: dupe
Old 02-18-2021, 10:43 AM   #170
Wearing ballistic dog goggles.

Don't know if this qualifies as "red dirt" but I was told by a band mate to check out Billy Strings and I was not disappointed, didn't figure you guys would be either.

Radar Chief is obviously part of the inner Circle.Radar Chief is obviously part of the inner Circle.Radar Chief is obviously part of the inner Circle.Radar Chief is obviously part of the inner Circle.Radar Chief is obviously part of the inner Circle.Radar Chief is obviously part of the inner Circle.Radar Chief is obviously part of the inner Circle.Radar Chief is obviously part of the inner Circle.Radar Chief is obviously part of the inner Circle.Radar Chief is obviously part of the inner Circle.Radar Chief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 3 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2021, 06:50 PM   #171
Ultrabanned

Red Dirt Juke Box

Didn't realize it kicked both posts out when I tried to delete that duplicate but here's the back of that Sturgill vinyl again, cool enough to see the whole crew he played with:

Old 02-18-2021, 06:58 PM   #172
Politically Incorrect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radar Chief View Post
Don't know if this qualifies as "red dirt" but I was told by a band mate to check out Billy Strings and I was not disappointed, didn't figure you guys would be either.

When I listen to this, I picture a whole clan of toothless ****s in West Virginia all sitting around a fire in a 55 gallon barrel at night drinking moonshine and doing meth in the trailer park while dancing barefoot in the mud..
scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-18-2021, 07:44 PM   #173
Supporter

I suggested billy strings a ways up the page....he’s amazing on the guitar.
Old 02-18-2021, 08:04 PM   #174
Ultrabanned

Good tune for all this cold ass weather.
Old 02-18-2021, 08:41 PM   #175
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by scho63 View Post
When I listen to this, I picture a whole clan of toothless ****s in West Virginia all sitting around a fire in a 55 gallon barrel at night drinking moonshine and doing meth in the trailer park while dancing barefoot in the mud..
His fan base is much more Colorado stoner hippie.

Love me some Billy M.F. Strings, been seeing him for years. His performances with Marcus King are incredible.
Third Eye 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThird Eye 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThird Eye 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThird Eye 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThird Eye 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThird Eye 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThird Eye 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThird Eye 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThird Eye 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThird Eye 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThird Eye 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Old 02-19-2021, 01:42 AM   #176
Immanentize The Eschaton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iowanian View Post
I haven't seen any discussion on it here, but have you heard the latest Sturgill Simpson "Cutting Grass" Butcher Shoppe sessions?

He does several of his songs in a bluegrass sound, and there are some others. It's a great "garage" or "listen in the shop" playlist. Honestly I hadn't been the biggest fan of the last couple of albums, but I like this.

You're welcome.

I just checked the release date of the album and the internet says October of 2020. Is that correct? I hope so, because this sounds more like the Sturgill Simpson I liked. I stopped paying attention to him when he released that horrible movie soundtrack on Netflix.
listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 1     Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2021, 01:55 AM   #177
Ain't no relax!

Quote:
Originally Posted by listopencil View Post
I just checked the release date of the album and the internet says October of 2020. Is that correct? I hope so, because this sounds more like the Sturgill Simpson I liked. I stopped paying attention to him when he released that horrible movie soundtrack on Netflix.
Yes, Oct. 2020 is correct. It's a great album. Rides that bluegrass line more than the country line.

The Netflix Samurai album thing was a complete miss. I like to pretend that just didn't happen...

FYI... this entire Cuttin' Grass album is free on Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/album/1S6sk9yusYQoadSAbx3ZB8

Vol. 2: https://open.spotify.com/album/3N51Ixwph25awFqhoACG0U
Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-19-2021, 11:30 AM   #178

Quote:
Originally Posted by scho63 View Post
So you've been to Winfield then.

https://www.wvfest.com/
Radar Chief is obviously part of the inner Circle.Radar Chief is obviously part of the inner Circle.Radar Chief is obviously part of the inner Circle.Radar Chief is obviously part of the inner Circle.Radar Chief is obviously part of the inner Circle.Radar Chief is obviously part of the inner Circle.Radar Chief is obviously part of the inner Circle.Radar Chief is obviously part of the inner Circle.Radar Chief is obviously part of the inner Circle.Radar Chief is obviously part of the inner Circle.Radar Chief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-19-2021, 11:33 AM   #179

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iowanian View Post
I suggested billy strings a ways up the page....he’s amazing on the guitar.
Watching him picking I wondered if he's on the spectrum, his facial expressions and mannerisms seem a bit autistic.
Old 02-19-2021, 11:55 AM   #180
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radar Chief View Post
Watching him picking I wondered if he's on the spectrum, his facial expressions and mannerisms seem a bit autistic.
Speaking with him in person, he doesn’t come off that way. He is definitely one of those people that eats, breathes, and shits music though. Maybe not autistic, but definitely a little different.
Third Eye 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThird Eye 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThird Eye 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThird Eye 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThird Eye 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThird Eye 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThird Eye 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThird Eye 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThird Eye 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThird Eye 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThird Eye 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli