Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room

Closed Thread

Old 07-23-2021, 07:55 AM  
Shaken. Not stirred.

The Cleveland Guardians?

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/07/23/clev...guardians.html

The Major League Baseball team in Cleveland is changing its name to Guardians, the franchise announced Friday, dropping the controversial "Indians," by which it had been known for more than a century.
007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.

Old 07-23-2021, 03:37 PM   #106
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by carcosa View Post
I don't love the name Guardians but this is a pretty good argument for why the logo actually whips ass

Yep. Queer band with a fan base as white as rice and as old as dirt - who better for a Cleveland baseball team to emulate?
Mennonite threw an interception on a screen pass.Mennonite threw an interception on a screen pass.Mennonite threw an interception on a screen pass.Mennonite threw an interception on a screen pass.Mennonite threw an interception on a screen pass.Mennonite threw an interception on a screen pass.Mennonite threw an interception on a screen pass.Mennonite threw an interception on a screen pass.Mennonite threw an interception on a screen pass.Mennonite threw an interception on a screen pass.Mennonite threw an interception on a screen pass.

Old 07-23-2021, 04:13 PM   #107
MVP

Cleveland Indians former name was Cleveland Naps.

Ok, that makes me sleepy
Graystoke is obviously part of the inner Circle.Graystoke is obviously part of the inner Circle.Graystoke is obviously part of the inner Circle.Graystoke is obviously part of the inner Circle.Graystoke is obviously part of the inner Circle.Graystoke is obviously part of the inner Circle.Graystoke is obviously part of the inner Circle.Graystoke is obviously part of the inner Circle.Graystoke is obviously part of the inner Circle.Graystoke is obviously part of the inner Circle.Graystoke is obviously part of the inner Circle.

Old 07-23-2021, 04:52 PM   #108
Debunking your bullshit

Quote:
Originally Posted by carcosa View Post
I think the team has done a decent job of minimizing the Native imagery that is more problematic than the name itself, but I won't be the least bit upset if they do go ahead and change it. Monarchs would be perfect and worth buying from the former T-Bones. Some other names that could be fun:
  • Burnt Ends
  • Smokers
  • Yardbirds (after Charlie Parker)
  • Nighthawks (after the Coon-Sanders Original Nighthawk Orchestra, which was the first KC jazz band to gain national prominence. Please do not suggest any of the other words in the band's name)
  • Fountaineers (okay this one is stupid but still kinda fun imho)
  • Steamboats (after the Arabia and also "Arabians" would not go over well)
  • Tornadoes (why isn't there a major pro team called the Tornadoes???)
  • Unions, Scouts, Kings (former KC sport team names that would work well)
  • Mobsters (celebrating KC's organized crime history!)
  • Sevillians (celebrating KC's sister city, Seville, Spain)
  • Barbers (like The Barber of Seville??)

I dunno man, I get the appeal of Tradition and all that, but I simply don't feel threatened by the prospect of a name change. If anything, it's an opportunity for something new and fun. I think we would all get used to it a lot quicker than we think, too. Either way I'm not losing sleep over it!
I'm sure you mean well, but this is like a list if you were purposefully trying to think of terrible names.
cosmo20002 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cosmo20002 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cosmo20002 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cosmo20002 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cosmo20002 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cosmo20002 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cosmo20002 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cosmo20002 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cosmo20002 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cosmo20002 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cosmo20002 is obviously part of the inner Circle.

Old 07-23-2021, 04:57 PM   #109
Thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by cosmo20002 View Post
I'm sure you mean well, but this is like a list if you were purposefully trying to think of terrible names.
Okay the ones I'll actually stand by are Monarchs, Yardbirds, and Nighthawks. My main point is just that there are tons of KC-specific things you could pull from and it's a fun exercise. Tradition is nice and all but I just don't see change like this as inherently negative.
carcosa is obviously part of the inner Circle.carcosa is obviously part of the inner Circle.carcosa is obviously part of the inner Circle.carcosa is obviously part of the inner Circle.carcosa is obviously part of the inner Circle.carcosa is obviously part of the inner Circle.carcosa is obviously part of the inner Circle.carcosa is obviously part of the inner Circle.carcosa is obviously part of the inner Circle.carcosa is obviously part of the inner Circle.carcosa is obviously part of the inner Circle.

Old 07-23-2021, 04:59 PM   #110
The man you could post like.

IF we ever did get to the point where the Chiefs had to change their name, would the league let us use Monarchs or are they trying to save that for London?
Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.

Old 07-23-2021, 05:01 PM   #111
Thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superturtle View Post
IF we ever did get to the point where the Chiefs had to change their name, would the league let us use Monarchs or are they trying to save that for London?
Oh they ****in better not, NFL Europe can eat my ass
carcosa is obviously part of the inner Circle.carcosa is obviously part of the inner Circle.carcosa is obviously part of the inner Circle.carcosa is obviously part of the inner Circle.carcosa is obviously part of the inner Circle.carcosa is obviously part of the inner Circle.carcosa is obviously part of the inner Circle.carcosa is obviously part of the inner Circle.carcosa is obviously part of the inner Circle.carcosa is obviously part of the inner Circle.carcosa is obviously part of the inner Circle.

Old 07-23-2021, 05:06 PM   #112
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superturtle View Post
Monarchs? Gross.
eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.

Old 07-23-2021, 05:06 PM   #113
Mammoth penis

I have Norwegian and Irish ancestors, I demand the Vikings and Fighting Irish change their names.

Just kidding, I'm not an over-sensitive, effeminate little bitch.
MTG#10 is obviously part of the inner Circle.MTG#10 is obviously part of the inner Circle.MTG#10 is obviously part of the inner Circle.MTG#10 is obviously part of the inner Circle.MTG#10 is obviously part of the inner Circle.MTG#10 is obviously part of the inner Circle.MTG#10 is obviously part of the inner Circle.MTG#10 is obviously part of the inner Circle.MTG#10 is obviously part of the inner Circle.MTG#10 is obviously part of the inner Circle.MTG#10 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0    
Old 07-23-2021, 05:14 PM   #114
NFL's #1 Ermines Fan

Barkevious Mingo really could have used this when he played for the Browns.

Police: Why are you with this young boy? Are you a parent?
Mingo: I'm a Guardian.
Police: Oh. Okay. Never mind.
Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.

Old 07-23-2021, 05:46 PM   #115
In Search of a Life

You can bet they are coming for the Chiefs next. Im literally arguing with dumbasses about it. I was like i wanna see that same ****ing energy about the Vikings, Celtics and Fighting Irish, because if its not there, yall some ****ing hypocrites. lol
kcxiv is too fat/Omaha.kcxiv is too fat/Omaha.kcxiv is too fat/Omaha.kcxiv is too fat/Omaha.kcxiv is too fat/Omaha.kcxiv is too fat/Omaha.kcxiv is too fat/Omaha.kcxiv is too fat/Omaha.kcxiv is too fat/Omaha.kcxiv is too fat/Omaha.kcxiv is too fat/Omaha.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0    
Old 07-23-2021, 05:56 PM   #116
Choco Favre

Quote:
Originally Posted by cosmo20002 View Post
Hey, that's the Trivia King

You show some respect!!!
New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-23-2021, 06:28 PM   #117
In Search of a Life

Sounds like a brand of condoms.
Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.

Old 07-23-2021, 06:40 PM   #118
Thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTG#10 View Post
I have Norwegian and Irish ancestors, I demand the Vikings and Fighting Irish change their names.

Just kidding, I'm not an over-sensitive, effeminate little bitch.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcxiv View Post
You can bet they are coming for the Chiefs next. Im literally arguing with dumbasses about it. I was like i wanna see that same ****ing energy about the Vikings, Celtics and Fighting Irish, because if its not there, yall some ****ing hypocrites. lol
You guys seriously can't think of any historical context that might make those situations completely different than this one?

Old 07-23-2021, 06:41 PM   #119
Thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by New World Order View Post
Hey, that's the Trivia King

You show some respect!!!
THANK you!!!!
Old 07-23-2021, 06:48 PM   #120
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcxiv View Post
The wife is a Braves fan. I told her today "we're next."
Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.

Closed Thread