Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room

Old 07-22-2021, 09:11 PM  
Starter

Chiefs WR help this year?

Don’t kill me on this even if you disagree.

I know Mahomes is awesome, but I’m concerned about the Chiefs WR corps. While Tyreek Hill and Kielce are witches (and we have been lucky with their health), Sammy Watkins is gone (I know he was hurt a lot). MeCole Hardman has never really developed. The other receivers are “just guys.” They didn’t get a lot of help in the draft.

Who might become available with camp cuts, etc.? Does anyone expect any trades, etc.?

Thoughts?
BuckeyeTheDog is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutBuckeyeTheDog is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutBuckeyeTheDog is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutBuckeyeTheDog is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutBuckeyeTheDog is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutBuckeyeTheDog is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutBuckeyeTheDog is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutBuckeyeTheDog is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutBuckeyeTheDog is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutBuckeyeTheDog is the dumbass Milkman is always talking about
Old 07-22-2021, 09:13 PM   #2
sorta mod-ish

Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 9 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2021, 09:16 PM   #3
Fish are scared of me

We drafted a rookie WR and TE that are both gonna be studs. Veach already addressed the issue.
Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 3 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2021, 09:17 PM   #4
sorta mod-ish

That said, I think Robinson is going to start the year at X or #2. How long he stays there is up to him, and if last season is any indication, it won't be long.

I think they like Hardman as the 3 for the gadget plays and being able to keep him at PR.

Pringle is probably capped out as the #4/KR guy. He has shown he can be clutch, but can he do it against #1 and 2 CBs?

I'm excited for Cornell Powell and hope he dark horse's his way to the X spot. He'll have to show a lot and outperform guys that have been here 3 years, but I'm pulling for him. Everyone past Powell are JAGs.

For us to go bring someone in that gets cut, you have to move someone out from that list above. And I really don't see that happening.
Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-22-2021, 09:21 PM   #5
MVP

I think the plan is to overwhelm defenses much like they have. They dont have a true X but with Hill, Hardman and Calloway on the field thats a threat to house it from anywhere, then you factor in Kelce. This offense is still ****ing stacked just not the way it was, and with less proven commodities than people want to be comfortable with.
Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old 07-22-2021, 09:25 PM   #6
Veteran

Mahomes will make average receivers stars.
Lprechaun would the whole thing.Lprechaun would the whole thing.Lprechaun would the whole thing.Lprechaun would the whole thing.Lprechaun would the whole thing.Lprechaun would the whole thing.Lprechaun would the whole thing.Lprechaun would the whole thing.Lprechaun would the whole thing.Lprechaun would the whole thing.Lprechaun would the whole thing.
Thumbs Up 3 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2021, 09:25 PM   #7
sorta mod-ish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunerdr View Post
I think the plan is to overwhelm defenses much like they have. They dont have a true X but with Hill, Hardman and Calloway on the field thats a threat to house it from anywhere, then you factor in Kelce. This offense is still ****ing stacked just not the way it was, and with less proven commodities than people want to be comfortable with.
Gah, I keep forgetting about Calloway. Going to watch him and Powell closely in preseason.

And here is the other thing - if the coaches are really as high on Gray as has been said they are because he is running routes like a vet, how often are we going to be in 12 personnel and not need the extra bodies at WR? (I know Andy loves his 4 and 5 wide sets, but still)
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2021, 09:31 PM   #8
Special Teams ACE!!!

RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-22-2021, 09:31 PM   #9
In Search of a Life

Hardman will step up. 65 catches. 900 yards
Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-22-2021, 10:47 PM   #10
Black Bob's daddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowser View Post
That said, I think Robinson is going to start the year at X or #2. How long he stays there is up to him, and if last season is any indication, it won't be long.

I think they like Hardman as the 3 for the gadget plays and being able to keep him at PR.

Pringle is probably capped out as the #4/KR guy. He has shown he can be clutch, but can he do it against #1 and 2 CBs?

I'm excited for Cornell Powell and hope he dark horse's his way to the X spot. He'll have to show a lot and outperform guys that have been here 3 years, but I'm pulling for him. Everyone past Powell are JAGs.

For us to go bring someone in that gets cut, you have to move someone out from that list above. And I really don't see that happening.
**** that. I’ve hated on Hardman constantly, but if he wants to prove every hater like myself wrong then he needs to be more than a ****ing WR3 or gadget type. He has every opportunity now to take over as the top option along with CEH when Hill and Kelce are being doubled.

Robinson is a nobody and has no room being above Hardman in the pecking order if Hardman actually lives up to his draft status.
OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.
Old 07-22-2021, 11:12 PM   #11
MVP

Quote:
Gah, I keep forgetting about Calloway. Going to watch him and Powell closely in preseason.

And here is the other thing - if the coaches are really as high on Gray as has been said they are because he is running routes like a vet, how often are we going to be in 12 personnel and not need the extra bodies at WR? (I know Andy loves his 4 and 5 wide sets, but still)
I didnt want to include Gray or any rooks just because they are unproven but if Gray is what hes been billed as by some, youve got two "X" types in Kelce and Gray. Let the speed overwhelm elsewhere. Calloway was drafted to be the browns "Cheetah". And i honestly believe they think they can win just with that alone. No defense has an answer for all three at once. Rarely did we get shut down last year without sammy and Hill and Hardman as the threat.
Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old 07-22-2021, 11:40 PM   #12
Veteran

I'm not a Watkins hater and I think he was better than his stats (when he played), but just in terms of pure production Watkins only had 37 receptions for 421 yards in 10 games last year. It's not like we're replacing a #1 receiver here.

Also I think the fact that we switched Greg Lewis to RB coach says a lot about what we plan to do with those targets.
Jamie would the whole thing.Jamie would the whole thing.Jamie would the whole thing.Jamie would the whole thing.Jamie would the whole thing.Jamie would the whole thing.Jamie would the whole thing.Jamie would the whole thing.Jamie would the whole thing.Jamie would the whole thing.Jamie would the whole thing.
Old 07-22-2021, 11:52 PM   #13
sorta mod-ish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie View Post
I'm not a Watkins hater and I think he was better than his stats (when he played), but just in terms of pure production Watkins only had 37 receptions for 421 yards in 10 games last year. It's not like we're replacing a #1 receiver here.

Also I think the fact that we switched Greg Lewis to RB coach says a lot about what we plan to do with those targets.
Screens and wheel routes. I'm ok with that.
Old 07-23-2021, 12:29 AM   #14
Veteran

Quote:
Screens and wheel routes. I'm ok with that.
I expect Andy to change up and expand the capabilities of the offense with the new personnel to beat the 2 high defensive scheme, and the OL to give #15 another click.

We may transition into a more efficient offense, if Andy incorporates a short game , and gives the OL a chance to move some bodies.
Cosmos would the whole thing.Cosmos would the whole thing.Cosmos would the whole thing.Cosmos would the whole thing.Cosmos would the whole thing.Cosmos would the whole thing.Cosmos would the whole thing.Cosmos would the whole thing.Cosmos would the whole thing.Cosmos would the whole thing.Cosmos would the whole thing.
Old 07-23-2021, 12:42 AM   #15
MVP

Quote:
Gah, I keep forgetting about Calloway.
He has similar stats as Hardman but without Mahomes/Reid....if he can get his head on straight...and that seems like a big if...he's the player I'm expecting to offset the loss of Watkins.

He's got talent...
BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.