Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 07-20-2021, 09:38 AM  
Veteran

Driving for Uber/Lyft

Does anyone doe this. I started just so I could pay off some bills and I did not know that I could make 1500 in 30 hours. Not bad money.
Reroka must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Reroka must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Reroka must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Reroka must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Reroka must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Reroka must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Reroka must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Reroka must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Reroka must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Reroka must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Reroka must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
Old 07-20-2021, 07:44 PM   #31
fides quaerens intellectum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reroka View Post
I have 3 cars,
i use my oldest car a 2011 Hyundai Sonata with 97k miles on it and in perfect cond. This car is paid off. I have the insurance to cover it with Allstate .
I had a relative drive for Uber. He got in a car accident with a passenger and it was his fault. I was under the impression that his own insurance would have to be involved, but I was told by this relative that Uber's insurer took over entirely.

I would assume there's a minimal amount of coverage you need to maintain. If you're driving around with $20k or $25k liability, it might not be sufficient for Uber's requirements and you may have to up it.

I have no idea, but it's something to look into if you haven't already.

My relative liked driving for Uber. He also did Lyft as well. If I recall, he may have preferred Lyft, but I can't remember why.
Jenson71 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Jenson71 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Jenson71 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Jenson71 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Jenson71 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Jenson71 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Jenson71 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Jenson71 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Jenson71 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Jenson71 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Jenson71 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
Old 07-20-2021, 08:39 PM   #32
Future NBA Finals MVP

Quote:
I have 3 cars,
i use my oldest car a 2011 Hyundai Sonata with 97k miles on it and in perfect cond. This car is paid off. I have the insurance to cover it with Allstate.
I doubt it..but its a 2011 Hyundai so no big deal.
BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-21-2021, 09:09 AM   #33
Veteran

I gave Bubba starling a ride to dick's sporting goods last night Here in Cary North Carolina. He is with USA baseball this year. i was able to get a pic with him.
Reroka must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Reroka must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Reroka must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Reroka must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Reroka must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Reroka must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Reroka must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Reroka must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Reroka must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Reroka must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Reroka must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
Old 07-21-2021, 10:39 AM   #34
Future NBA Finals MVP

Quote:
I gave Bubba starling a ride to dick's sporting goods last night Here in Cary North Carolina. He is with USA baseball this year. i was able to get a pic with him.
I don't think the USA baseball team is going to be very good.
BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-22-2021, 01:12 PM   #35
Veteran

In the 6 weeks of doing urber/lyft I have made 7500.00 I have been able to pay off my credit cards, and now working on my 2019 chevy equinox that I just bought 3 months ago. I only paid 17,100 for it At the time it had 18k miles on it. Should have it paid off in about 13 weeks.
Old 07-22-2021, 01:25 PM   #36
In Search of a Life

Quote:
In the 6 weeks of doing urber/lyft I have made 7500.00 I have been able to pay off my credit cards, and now working on my 2019 chevy equinox that I just bought 3 months ago. I only paid 17,100 for it At the time it had 18k miles on it. Should have it paid off in about 13 weeks.
That’s awesome!

Do you live in a tourist city like Orlando or Vegas? Seems like it would be easier to make money in cities like that.
Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-22-2021, 01:32 PM   #37
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 View Post
That’s awesome!

Do you live in a tourist city like Orlando or Vegas? Seems like it would be easier to make money in cities like that.
Raleigh/Durham North Carolina.
Old 07-22-2021, 02:24 PM   #38
MVP

I used to drive in the summers when I was teaching several years back. It's ok as a part time thing, but don't think you can make a living doing it.

You don't get paid as much as you think, getting stuck in traffic is a shift killer, people don't give a **** about your car, you need separate rideshare insurance through your carrier, and gas/maintenance/depreciation sucks ass.

On top of it all, people suck.
OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2021, 04:11 PM   #39
Mindful Taoist German

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath15 View Post
I used to drive in the summers when I was teaching several years back. It's ok as a part time thing, but don't think you can make a living doing it.

You don't get paid as much as you think, getting stuck in traffic is a shift killer, people don't give a **** about your car, you need separate rideshare insurance through your carrier, and gas/maintenance/depreciation sucks ass.

On top of it all, people suck.
You also have to possess the right personality. Like being a bar tender...
Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-23-2021, 07:49 AM   #40
Draconian Warlord

I believe I would enjoy driving for uber/lyft. I have the personality and patience. BUT my car, although borderline perfect, would never be allowed. it's 29 years old.
burt has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.burt has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.burt has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.burt has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.burt has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.burt has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.burt has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.burt has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.burt has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.burt has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.burt has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.
Old 07-23-2021, 07:51 AM   #41
Draconian Warlord

Maybe uber eats???

Sent from my LM-X410(FG) using Tapatalk
burt has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.burt has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.burt has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.burt has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.burt has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.burt has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.burt has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.burt has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.burt has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.burt has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.burt has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.
Old 07-23-2021, 07:54 AM   #42
Bono & Grbac wasn't enough

You ain't seen nothin till your baby drives a Buick
ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-23-2021, 09:24 AM   #43
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rausch View Post
You also have to possess the right personality. Like being a bar tender...
This is key,

I have 700 rides under my belt right now and I have 700 5 star reviews. People say I am a friendly driver, safe driver, I go above and beyond and a clean car.

Plus I offer cold bottles of water for my passengers
Old 07-23-2021, 09:35 AM   #44
MVP

I think it really depends on the area you're living in. Around here, GrubHub and all the other food delivery services are the way to go.

We have trouble filling the $15-20 dollar an hour office jobs (which is a pretty good wage in this part of the country for the work expected of you) because all those people are just doing GrubHub and making more money. One guy who recently quit here that I've stayed in touch with claims he's making $1,000 a week working fewer than 40 hours. Obviously not taking into account he'll have to pay taxes on that at the end of the year but still pretty solid.

I think that's probably a big reason there's such a workforce shortage on these lower wage traditional jobs. Why work in an office pushing papers or packing cases on pallets when you can drive around and listen to music all day while choosing your own hours? I don't blame the people doing it one bit. Especially the young people who don't care about health insurance and things like that.
Wisconsin_Chief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Wisconsin_Chief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Wisconsin_Chief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Wisconsin_Chief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Wisconsin_Chief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Wisconsin_Chief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Wisconsin_Chief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Wisconsin_Chief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Wisconsin_Chief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Wisconsin_Chief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Wisconsin_Chief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 07-23-2021, 09:50 AM   #45
Bono & Grbac wasn't enough

Quote:
Plus I offer cold bottles of water for my passengers
Not vodka?
ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.