Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room > Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum

Old 04-14-2022, 03:38 PM  
Andy Reid Supporter

Rank the edge rushers

Surprised nobody has done this yet. Who are your top 10 edge rushers for this team?

Yes you can start the list with guys we clearly can’t get
RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-14-2022, 04:11 PM   #2
In Search of a Life

1. Hutchinson
2. Thibodeaux
3. Walker
4. Johnson
5. Karlaftis
6. Ojabo
7. Mafe
8. Williams
9. Thomas
10. Jackson
11. Enagbare
12. Paschal

Left Ebiketie out, because I don’t think they will see him as a fit. If they do, he’d be after Mafe.

Last edited by staylor26; 04-15-2022 at 09:26 AM..
staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-14-2022, 04:53 PM   #3
MVP

1. A. Hutchinson
2. K. Thibodeaux
3. T. Walker
4. J. Johnson
5. G. Karlaftis
6. B. Mafe
7. D. Ojabo
8. A. Ebiketie
9. D. Jackson
10. S. Williams
11. L. Hall
12. C. Thomas
13. K. Enagbare
14. A. Barno
15. M. Sanders

Wasn't quite sure where to slot Ojabo. I just think he's an aside to the board dependent upon what they've done up to that point. I just can't fathom they'll take him as their first stab at ER but might take him if they've already locked one up.
kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2022, 05:11 PM   #4
Andy Reid Supporter

Man I don’t get the lack of Ebeketie hype. Dude was 6’3” 256 lbs at the combine. Long arms.

Skimmed down a bit for pro day to get 4.65 40 and a 6.95 3 cone.

Dude is really good. He could be an excellent speed rusher who needs to put on a bit of muscle as a rookie but that’s okay IMO.

He just got better and better going from Temple to Penn St to replace Jayson Oweh
RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2022, 05:15 PM   #5
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunKC View Post
Man I don’t get the lack of Ebeketie hype. Dude was 6’3” 256 lbs at the combine. Long arms.

Dude is really good. He could be an excellent speed rusher who needs to put on a bit of muscle as a rookie but that’s okay IMO.

He just got better and better going from Temple to Penn St to replace Jayson Oweh
Hey, if they feel he’s a fit, then by all means. I like the player.

But when he shows up to his Pro Day at 240lbs, it’s kind of hard to assume he checks enough boxes for Spags.

If they feel he’s a fit, I can see him as high as 8.

Even though I would have Thomas and Williams above him, I don’t think they go before him.

If they go EDGE, and it’s not Karlaftis, Mafe, Ojabo or a huge trade up, it’s probably Ebiketie.
staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-14-2022, 05:17 PM   #6
In Search of a Life

Actually, I take that back.

If he’s a fit, go ahead and put him ahead of Thomas and Williams at 8 for me.
Old 04-14-2022, 05:18 PM   #7
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunKC View Post

I did briefly mention in another thread that he's not much shorter than Frank Clark, he's just alot lighter. Ebiketie is 6'2-3/8" whereas Clark is 6'2-7/8" but you're looking at Ebiketie was 250 at the combine and Clark was 271. The thing with Ebiketie, and why I haven't dismissed him, is he's got 34-1/8" arms. Clark was 34-3/8". Ebiketie is also relatively high cut, so he has longer legs to get leverage to go with those incredibly long arms for his height. If you can put 10-15 pounds on that kid, I think you have a guy that can play in a 4-3. I wouldn't be at all surprised to see KC pick him.

We got guys talking about double-dipping in round 1, I wouldn't mind seeing a move up for Karlaftis or Johnson to play SDE and take this kid at 30 to play WDE. Hell, if you want to stay pat, take him and Mafe and 29 and 30.
kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 04-14-2022, 05:19 PM   #8
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by kccrow View Post
I did briefly mention in another thread that he's not much shorter than Frank Clark, he's just alot lighter. Ebiketie is 6'2-3/8" whereas Clark is 6'2-7/8" but you're looking at Ebiketie was 250 at the combine and Clark was 271. The thing with Ebiketie, and why I haven't dismissed him, is he's got 34-1/8" arms. Clark was 34-3/8". Ebiketie is also relatively high cut, so he has longer legs to get leverage to go with those incredibly long arms for his height. If you can put 10-15 pounds on that kid, I think you have a guy that can play in a 4-3. I wouldn't be at all surprised to see KC pick him.

We got guys talking about double-dipping in round 1, I wouldn't mind seeing a move up for Karlaftis or Johnson to play SDE and take this kid at 30 to play WDE. Hell, if you want to stay pat, take him and Mafe and 29 and 30.
You think Mafe can play SDE?
Old 04-14-2022, 05:28 PM   #9
Andy Reid Supporter

I think the draft is so deep there you just have so many options. Ebeketie and a Williams will both be available at 50. I bet one will be available at 62.

Ebeketie was 256 at the combine and 247 at his pro day. That’s not that bad IMO

Honestly you’re giving up something withers guys. Mafe and Karlafris have short arms, Ojabo is an unknown due to injury. I don’t mind taking a guy like Ebeketie and having him be a 3rd down rusher this year then bulking him up (he has the frame for it) bc he has the everything else we want. Sam Williams is in range for everything as well. He just has character concerns (charges dropped).

I just don’t see a big difference between these players:

5. G. Karlaftis
6. B. Mafe
7. D. Ojabo
8. A. Ebiketie
9. D. Jackson
10. S. Williams
Old 04-14-2022, 05:51 PM   #10
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by staylor26 View Post
You think Mafe can play SDE?
Maybe I shouldn't say SDE, because Spags really just plays guys at LDE or RDE. He's got length issues, so I think LDE puts him against RTs that have a better chance of having a little less length against him and his athleticism should be more of a problem for those guys. He's also unlikely to get guard help coming over on him being next to Jones. So yes, I can see it, especially if he can bulk up a bit more and get in that 270 range.
Old 04-14-2022, 06:01 PM   #11
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Maybe I shouldn't say SDE, because Spags really just plays guys at LDE or RDE. He's got length issues, so I think LDE puts him against RTs that have a better chance of having a little less length against him and his athleticism should be more of a problem for those guys. He's also unlikely to get guard help coming over on him being next to Jones. So yes, I can see it, especially if he can bulk up a bit more and get in that 270 range.
Fair enough, and agreed on LDE/RDE, but he clearly has a type for both.

I’ve wondered whether a pairing like Mafe and Ojabo or Williams could work, because all of those guys project better to RDE/WDE.
Old 04-14-2022, 10:43 PM   #12
Andy Reid Supporter

I like Williams as much as anyone. I think he’s a day 1 impact player.

Look at how much trouble he gave Charles Cross?

Old 04-15-2022, 01:32 AM   #13
Veteran

Quote:
1. A. Hutchinson
2. K. Thibodeaux
3. T. Walker
4. J. Johnson
5. G. Karlaftis
6. B. Mafe
7. D. Ojabo
8. A. Ebiketie
9. D. Jackson
10. S. Williams
11. L. Hall
12. C. Thomas
13. K. Enagbare
14. A. Barno
15. M. Sanders

Wasn't quite sure where to slot Ojabo. I just think he's an aside to the board dependent upon what they've done up to that point. I just can't fathom they'll take him as their first stab at ER but might take him if they've already locked one up.
No Bonitto? Or are you counting him as a LB? He's a better rusher than a number here imo
JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
Old 04-15-2022, 03:15 AM   #14
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPH83 View Post
No Bonitto? Or are you counting him as a LB? He's a better rusher than a number here imo
I don't think he's going to be a guy the Chiefs target because of length and scheme fit. I like him, it's not personal.

If KC ran a 3-4 I'd be jumping up and down for Ebiketie at 30 and give strong consideration to Bonitto at 62 (although might still prefer Sam Williams).
Old 04-15-2022, 03:37 AM   #15
Veteran

These are Chris Simms's rankings. His track record is somewhat mixed, but I think he's interesting because he's maybe the only draft media guy who totally ignores consensus.

1) Aidan Hutchinson
2) Travon Walker
3) Jermaine Johnson II
4) George Karlaftis
5) Nik Bonitto
6) Joshua Paschal
7) Kayvon Thibodeaux

Honorable mentions: Dominique Robinson, Sam Williams, David Ojabo

Listening to the podcast, he thinks Edge is the best position in the draft overall, both in terms of depth and strength at the top. He sees Hutchinson and Walker as the two best players in the draft, Johnson as a top 10 pick, and Karlaftis as top 20.
Jamie would the whole thing.Jamie would the whole thing.Jamie would the whole thing.Jamie would the whole thing.Jamie would the whole thing.Jamie would the whole thing.Jamie would the whole thing.Jamie would the whole thing.Jamie would the whole thing.Jamie would the whole thing.Jamie would the whole thing.