Old 02-17-2021, 09:23 AM  
MVP

Devin White, not a fan of Chiefs' coaching

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/...rb-in-round-1/

A message for Chiefs about Super Bowl game plan for Patrick Mahomes, offense

One word: ouch, White didn't hold back

By Patrik Walker
1 hr ago

It goes without saying the Tampa Bay Buccaneers are enjoying not only the victory itself in Super Bowl 2021 over Patrick Mahomes and the Kansas City Chiefs, but most certainly the spoils thereof. Take one look at linebacker Devin White and you'll immediately find evidence to that fact, having now gone from taking his Dream lap around Raymond James Stadium on his horse to grabbing a scalpel and surgically dissecting the Chiefs for a second time -- this time verbally. Never one to mince words, the All-Pro is fed up with hearing how Kansas City was at a disadvantage because they were without starting tackles Eric Fisher and Mitchell Schwartz, both sidelined by injury.

To put it plainly, White wants everyone to can those excuses, tie them to a rocket and fire them into the sun, as he so eloquently made clear in a recent interview with FS1's "Undisputed." The 23-year-old laid into head coach Andy Reid, offensive coordinator Eric Bieniemy and anyone else who had a hand in scheming protection for Mahomes.

"We knew that they was gonna be a cocky team, which they have every right to be," White said, via NFL reporter Dov Kleiman. "They [were] the No. 1 offense in the entire National Football League. But the thing is, we knew they couldn't block us. We knew that our front four was gonna dominate them.

"So they did us a favor. They played right into our hands."

How so? Well, White points out the Chiefs' refusal to send any help to the edges.

"We weren't gonna be that cocky team like, 'Hey, we're gonna play them in Cover One, we're gonna shut them down,'" he said. "Our best guys matched up on their best guys. We was gonna make it be a team, collective win on defense, and that's what we did. So at the end of the day they shouldn't even talk about not having their offensive tackles when they didn't even help them.

"They put them on islands by themselves with the best pass rushers in the game. So that's their own fault."

In looking at the film, White is telling the truth. Kansas City's plan to pretend their backups could play iso against the vicious defensive front of the Bucs was doomed from the start. Mahomes was under siege most of the evening and when he finally did break free at times, it was for naught, thanks to drops by franchise targets like tight end Travis Kelce and wide receiver Tyreek Hill -- with running back Darrel Williams getting in on the drop action as well. Mahomes was sacked three times and bullied much, much more than that would indicate, having also been hit a combined nine times in the game.

Shaq Barrett alone owned one of those sacks and four of those QB hits, with Ndamukong Suh and others also joining the party to keep Mahomes out of the end zone both on the ground and in the air. He'd finish with 23 incompletions and two interceptions on the day, and while he was able to muster 270 passing yards, White says they shouldn't go writing home to mother about that number.

"They started gaining yards when we were already up 21 points," said White."We already gave our little brothers the controllers, and they just started giving up little BS yards at the end. I know everybody praising Travis Kelce [for having] 133 yards, but a lot of that came at the end of the game when it was already over -- we're sitting back in zone and playing soft. The same for Tyreek Hill.

"... They gave him a lot of yards and it made it look like he had a decent day. We know what went on, there was a lot of toe tagging out there."
JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 02-17-2021, 10:56 AM   #46
▓▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓▓

Quote:
Originally Posted by staylor26 View Post
Were you completely against this before the game captain hindsight? Were you talking about how stupid it was then?
I didn't post anything about the line before the game. I did say that I thought we'd run a offense similar to the bills game and just run short to intermediate plays that allowed our players to get yac and slow down their pass rush.
-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-17-2021, 11:01 AM   #47
▓▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓▓

Quote:
Originally Posted by htismaqe View Post
They tried screens and they didn't work. The Bucs were all over them.

The certain weren't going to run right at Suh and Vea. That would have been suicide.

I'm interested to know what kind of gameplay would have worked considering so many think they mailed it in.
There are a lot more short plays that aren't screens. The game plan against the Bills was what we should have done. That game the ball was coming out of Mahomes hands really quickly and a bunch of passes were in the air 5-10 yards where we let the WR/TE do the rest.
-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-17-2021, 11:07 AM   #48
SuperBowl or bust

Quote:
Originally Posted by -King- View Post
By moving Remmers from a position he was playing well to LT.

By doing that both sides were major weaknesses. We could have kept Remmers at RT, Wylie at LG and then used someone else at LT and doubled that up. Instead we compounded the backup issue by moving everyone around.
This is a rare occasion when we see things similarly. This is exactly what I’ve been saying since the game (and during/before the game). Remmers was solid at RT and moving him was a huge mistake the coaches should have seen coming.

In 709 snaps at RT, Remmers didn’t give up a single sack and was only flagged 4 times all year.

I’d like to hear the justification behind moving him to LT instead of plugging in someone else there and giving chip help from backs and tight ends.
BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-17-2021, 11:10 AM   #49
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by journeyscarab View Post
Maybe its me, but I don't remember our players trashing the 49ers this much after our win. But what do you expect from an Arians coached team. Trash at the top all the way to the bottom. Enjoy the championship win, you wont see another before we do.
No, it's not just you. Agreed.
alpha_omega is obviously part of the inner Circle.alpha_omega is obviously part of the inner Circle.alpha_omega is obviously part of the inner Circle.alpha_omega is obviously part of the inner Circle.alpha_omega is obviously part of the inner Circle.alpha_omega is obviously part of the inner Circle.alpha_omega is obviously part of the inner Circle.alpha_omega is obviously part of the inner Circle.alpha_omega is obviously part of the inner Circle.alpha_omega is obviously part of the inner Circle.alpha_omega is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-17-2021, 11:11 AM   #50
SuperBowl or bust

This situation smells a lot like Andy being out of his mind due to the situation with Britt and handing off responsibilities to his coaches which shit the bed.

But I may be wrong.
BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-17-2021, 11:13 AM   #51
'Tis my eye!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BossChief View Post
This situation smells a lot like Andy being out of his mind due to the situation with Britt and handing off responsibilities to his coaches which shit the bed.

But I may be wrong.
That may explain why Bienemy can't get a HC job. Maybe he needs his hand held too much.
htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-17-2021, 11:14 AM   #52
NFL's #1 Ermines Fan

I'm not a fan of Devin White. He was being kind of a punk on the field.
Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-17-2021, 11:33 AM   #53
Thread Killer

Quote:
Originally Posted by htismaqe View Post
That may explain why Bienemy can't get a HC job. Maybe he needs his hand held too much.
This.

So then EB could've made adjustments, but didn't.
Tribesman is not part of the Right 53.Tribesman is not part of the Right 53.Tribesman is not part of the Right 53.Tribesman is not part of the Right 53.Tribesman is not part of the Right 53.Tribesman is not part of the Right 53.Tribesman is not part of the Right 53.Tribesman is not part of the Right 53.Tribesman is not part of the Right 53.Tribesman is not part of the Right 53.Tribesman is not part of the Right 53.
Old 02-17-2021, 11:33 AM   #54
Indian Twitter

I don't think any game plan was going to work with 4 backup linemen on the field. And with Mahomes toe he just couldn't do what he normally does and running from three d linemen isn't the same as running from one. I'm going to assume Mahomes had input with the game plan as well so I'm not blaming Andy for anything. We were screwed going in and they knew it.
philfree has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.philfree has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.philfree has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.philfree has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.philfree has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.philfree has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.philfree has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.philfree has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.philfree has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.philfree has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.philfree has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
Old 02-17-2021, 11:37 AM   #55
Settle this once and forever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rain Man View Post
I'm not a fan of Devin White. He was being kind of a punk on the field.
He's a mouthy bastard, for sure, but I can deal with that.

I draw the line where he tried to break Mahomes in half. He's forever on my "dirty bitch" shit list.
ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2021, 11:44 AM   #56
Going home eventually

They are arrogant assholes but he isn't wrong. It was clear to everyone in America after the first quarter we had a serious OL problem but Andy did nothing to neutralize the pass rush at all. He left a bunch of nobodies that were overmatched out to dry including Mahomes. Should have gotten the backs involved for protection and screens and shortend up the pass routes. He did nothing and Mahomes ran for his ****ing life the whole game.
Red Dawg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Red Dawg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Red Dawg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Red Dawg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Red Dawg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Red Dawg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Red Dawg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Red Dawg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Red Dawg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Red Dawg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Red Dawg is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-17-2021, 11:46 AM   #57
World's Best Boss

Andy got his *** handed to him. He admitted as much after the game.

To be honest the gameplan wasn’t radically different than it was against SF’s line. We didn’t give Fish that much help against Bosa but it worked out because Bosa got gassed and Mahomes evaded what maaay have been a game-altering sack late in the 4th. Having the ball for 70 plays and calling a significant amount of horizontal runs seemed to play into that.

I have zero idea why we didn’t see Andy at least try to vary things up. Yes, Kelce was getting wide open in the first half (that had to be frustrating for Andy to see) but it’s not going to matter when Mahomes is constantly running for his life.
Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-17-2021, 11:48 AM   #58
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneWolf View Post
Hey rabble, how are you doing? I hope all is well in your world.

I don't agree with you or anyone else's NFL rigged conspiracy theories, but I don't wish to spend countless minutes and posts arguing about it. I hope when the Chiefs win another Super Bowl you can enjoy it and not let the fact you think the NFL is rigged water down your enjoyment.
i agree, this guy saying Reid was told not to try to win is a complete idiot. the chiefs got their ass kicked plain and simple. you can bitch about the refs, bitch about the beat up OL but they lost. it’s over, get over it.
ljmhawk is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.ljmhawk is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.ljmhawk is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.ljmhawk is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.ljmhawk is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.ljmhawk is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.ljmhawk is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.
Old 02-17-2021, 12:01 PM   #59
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ljmhawk View Post
i agree, this guy saying Reid was told not to try to win is a complete idiot.
Chris Simms said the most "shocking" aspect of the SB, after watching it 3 times, was Reid's game plan.

He said he studied KC all season...and had no idea what they were doing. It wasn't "normal"...

He said it was dumbfounding as they had adapted/evolved their offense earlier in the season and had become truly "multi-faceted".

AR essentially set them up to fail...he was calling long evolving pass plays with a 3rd string o-line. Simms said it played directly into TB's strengths.

Sorry but this is as believable as the time Alex Smith couldn't solve a basic cover 2 for five games....Andy had two weeks to create a gameplan..and is usually unbeatable in that scenario...especially with a Superbowl on the line.

Reid is a NFL company man...if he were instructed to take a dive...he would. Judging by the insane, one-sided officiating...sure looks like this one was predetermined.

All post-season they had been letting teams play with minimal interference...then, out of nowhere, wallop the Chiefs with a record amount of calls...many weren't even fouls.

I've never seen a SB officiated like this...

People think he's this all powerful figure in the NFL...nope...he's a regional branch manager...one of 32. They work under a corporation comprised of owners....who work for those above them.

Is what it is...Falcons took a dive a few years back.

Their reasoning was that being up 2 scores with under 5 minutes...NE out of time outs... wasn't safe enough...so they opted out of running down the clock and taking a FG

Last edited by BlackOp; 02-17-2021 at 12:26 PM..
BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 2     Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2021, 12:17 PM   #60
World's Best Boss

Or you know, Andy was dealing with the fact his son may have murdered a five year old with a pending investigation about how he got the car and perhaps internal reviews of workplace drinking in the facility.

But sure, it’s more likely the NFL would want to risk a long term injury to their most profitable star by letting him get brutalized for an hour long game.

Shine on, BlackOp.
Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.