Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 07-03-2015, 03:48 PM  
Has a particular set of skills

What are you Smoking/Grilling/BBQ'ing this weekend?

What are you up to this weekend?

I finally gave up on my smoker and decided to get a new smoker. I went with a bigger model but less tech. Yes, its a cheater electric smoker. My 3rd one. I need more space to cook, I don't need help getting my smoke and temp right.

I've also never used injection for flavor except for pork butt or other big cuts of meat. I decided to give it a try. I developed my own injection. Basically like the other recipes you have out on the internet but I'm putting the rub in the injection and using sirracchi.

Full results not in yet but my son and I think its the best sausage we have ever had.

No sauce. Marinated the meat overnight. Injected the meat. Slow cooked the ribs and chicken. Baste it with a combo of butter and apple juice. Using a combination of Apple, Mesquite, Cherry and Hickory wood.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	11539678_10205518593098849_7496287094654554585_n.jpg
Views:	6389
Size:	58.7 KB
ID:	110157   Click image for larger version

Name:	11204917_10205518655060398_84193330748835473_n.jpg
Views:	5985
Size:	107.7 KB
ID:	110158   Click image for larger version

Name:	11403311_10205518654740390_5737794009802538289_n.jpg
Views:	6378
Size:	92.7 KB
ID:	110159   Click image for larger version

Name:	11060263_10205518594938895_5571454432064515726_n.jpg
Views:	6308
Size:	86.7 KB
ID:	110160  
BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-23-2021, 02:57 PM   #2791
Ultrabanned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donger View Post
That looks awesome. Recipe?
I just coated them in bbq rub and cooked over a bunch of charcoal with some pecan chunks. That ring setup with the vents wide open and the lid tilted about a half inch open gets ripping hot.
Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-23-2021, 04:44 PM   #2792
Veteran

Final products

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
Sorce is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Sorce is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Sorce is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Sorce is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Sorce is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Sorce is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Sorce is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Sorce is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Sorce is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Sorce is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Sorce is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2021, 04:52 PM   #2793

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorce View Post
Final products

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
Looks good.
BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-23-2021, 06:31 PM   #2794
Ultrabanned

Good work Sorce
Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-24-2021, 08:12 AM   #2795
Who's your daddy?

About to put a brisket on now to be followed by chicken legs, thighs, and pork chops. It was time to raid the freezer.
dtrain has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.dtrain has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.dtrain has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.dtrain has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.dtrain has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.dtrain has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.dtrain has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.dtrain has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.dtrain has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.dtrain has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.dtrain has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.
Old 07-25-2021, 06:09 AM   #2796
Cheat Death

Memphis style ribs

KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-31-2021, 11:44 AM   #2797
Cheat Death

Future Tex-Mex things

KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-31-2021, 03:14 PM   #2798
Cheat Death

Wings

Old 07-31-2021, 03:45 PM   #2799
Mod Team

Dude. This looks too legit.
lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-31-2021, 05:25 PM   #2800
Fight, build, win!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lewdog View Post
He no doubt has that green egg dialed in.
srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2021, 05:30 PM   #2801
Mod Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by srvy View Post
The green egg is just one of the things that man has dialed in..............
lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-31-2021, 05:38 PM   #2802
Fight, build, win!

Quote:
yep
srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-01-2021, 07:17 AM   #2803

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
yep
Agreed. Well done.
Old 08-01-2021, 08:03 AM   #2804
Cheat Death

Thanks, yall.

Trying to dial in my wing game. Think I've settled on:

Rinse, pat dry with paper towel then set on a rack in fridge for a min of 3 hours to dry out. Then add corn starch to the rub to help get them extra crispy.

Now its between the air fryer or the grill for cooking. So far I'm leaning grill as I like the added char/grill flavor but would likely go air fryer for the convenience on a week night or wintery day.

I also tossed them in a homemade sauce that included my own jalapeno hot sauce, butter, and agave nectar for a little sweet/heat.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2021, 05:03 PM   #2805
Ultrabanned

Just some more pork belly burnt ends. Been thinking about these things since I made them on the 4th

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thumbs Up 3 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote