Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room

Old 06-07-2013, 11:41 AM  
Resident Glue Sniffer

The Motorcycle Discussion Thread

I figure there are some motorcycle guys/gals on CP, so I thought we could have a place to talk all things Motorcycles.

Tire Mount and Balance Prices (as of 10/29/16)

Prices based on if you remove the wheels yourself and bring the wheels and new tires with you:

Cycle Gear - $35 per wheel if you buy tires from them. $58 per wheel if you buy tires elsewhere
Rawhide - $65 per wheel (assuming it would be the same at other HD dealers. they book it at 1/2 hr per wheel)
C R Cycle Tires (DeSoto) - $30 per wheel

Cheapest I've found my Michelin Commander II's. Seem like they have good prices on other brands too.
http://www.jakewilson.com - Free 3 day shipping on orders over $75

Last edited by Dayze; 10-29-2016 at 09:02 PM..
Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-07-2021, 08:08 AM   #2536
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by GloryDayz View Post
A great Father's day gift that arrived while we were out of the country. Nice return home present...

Damn, bro, that's pretty freakin' awesome!
Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2021, 08:11 AM   #2537
Supporter

I'm looking for recommendations on boot straps. I had some ones I bought at the Harley shop for something like $25-35 and used them for a few years. However, they elastic and the buckle part had a habit of moving when I walked and the straps would fall off my boot.
Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-18-2021, 09:33 PM   #2538
(Sir/Yes Sir/Aye Aye Sir)

BUSY weekend. Saturday at the lake doing the SCUBA thing, today I took the son on a rather long ride. Many great things. He even had his first encounter with a deer that jumped out in front of his. After doing everything correctly he needed to process what happened, but it won't be the last time. He did well, I'm proud of him.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	7-18.jpg
Views:	127
Size:	105.5 KB
ID:	122807  
GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-19-2021, 08:28 AM   #2539
MVP

Quote:
BUSY weekend. Saturday at the lake doing the SCUBA thing, today I took the son on a rather long ride. Many great things. He even had his first encounter with a deer that jumped out in front of his. After doing everything correctly he needed to process what happened, but it won't be the last time. He did well, I'm proud of him.
Deer are my number 1 scare on motorcycles. I ride primarily gravel roads so my eyes are always on the ditch and near waterways. I have hit one fawn and have had many close calls.
What's worse? Texting females or deer?
Texting females are at least predictable, deer not so much.
Graystoke is obviously part of the inner Circle.Graystoke is obviously part of the inner Circle.Graystoke is obviously part of the inner Circle.Graystoke is obviously part of the inner Circle.Graystoke is obviously part of the inner Circle.Graystoke is obviously part of the inner Circle.Graystoke is obviously part of the inner Circle.Graystoke is obviously part of the inner Circle.Graystoke is obviously part of the inner Circle.Graystoke is obviously part of the inner Circle.Graystoke is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-19-2021, 09:38 AM   #2540
Resident Glue Sniffer

Deer scare the bejesus out of me. I like to ride the roads outside of town.

I have a buddy who is a deer hunter; and each year when he starts getting antsy and talking about deer non-stop...that's usually when I try to limit my riding outside of town lol.
Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-19-2021, 05:44 PM   #2541

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graystoke View Post
Deer are my number 1 scare on motorcycles. I ride primarily gravel roads so my eyes are always on the ditch and near waterways. I have hit one fawn and have had many close calls.
What's worse? Texting females or deer?
Texting females are at least predictable, deer not so much.
Well he did see it in the ditch and, as is always the case, the deer decides to cross the road instead of just turn and run on the side of the road they're already on. I guess that's why we shoot them during hunting season, they're idiots!

But I'm just glad he did everything he was taught in his class and by me. It worked. And had he t-boned the deer, it still would have been better than going in the ditch or laying it down.
GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-19-2021, 05:46 PM   #2542

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dayze View Post
Deer scare the bejesus out of me. I like to ride the roads outside of town.

I have a buddy who is a deer hunter; and each year when he starts getting antsy and talking about deer non-stop...that's usually when I try to limit my riding outside of town lol.
The rut (~November) is when things really get silly. You're never 100% safe, but when the bucks are chasing tail, they get even more stupid than normal.
Old 07-20-2021, 07:02 AM   #2543
Resident Glue Sniffer

Quote:
The rut (~November) is when things really get silly. You're never 100% safe, but when the bucks are chasing tail, they get even more stupid than normal.
yep; that's what it's called;..I couldn't remember. That's what my buddy talks about nonstop / gets the itch.

That time of year I just bomb around locally in the city for the most part.
Old 07-20-2021, 07:45 AM   #2544
Supporter

I worry about deer, too. But no more than distracted drivers. Distracted drivers are why I prefer to ride on the highway as opposed to going through town (far fewer cross streets/intersections). That being said, I try to avoid the times when deer are most active (dawn and dusk).
Old 07-22-2021, 07:30 AM   #2545
best in the biz

Mounted apes on my bike.

Chopper life.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	12apes.jpg
Views:	132
Size:	139.6 KB
ID:	122833  
stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 5 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2021, 01:50 PM   #2546

Old 10-24-2021, 09:58 PM   #2547
Veteran

My son had a really cool job this summer. He worked as a dock boy at the fishing lodge where I go in remote Alaska. I’m all kinds of proud of him but that’s not what this thread is about. He took some of his money and he bought a Yamaha 450 dirt bike and he rode it while he could. But the guy selling it also had a snow bike kit. For those who are not familiar, a snow bike or tundra sled kit, allows a dirt bike to function as a snowmachine (snowmobile to those who aren’t in the Great Land). It looks like this:

it’s been a few years since I had a snow machine but I realized if he’s going to be riding that much, then I need to get back into it. I had to order last year’s model from WA because nobody up here has any sort of inventory - new or used. The used machines are new enough and expensive enough that I might as well get a new one or they’re old and beat up and will need work. Anyway, something a lot like this is on its way to me:

Mine will have a longer track. I wasn’t really looking for that much power. Frankly, I was hoping for a 600cc engine instead of the 850 but the 850 is what they had and there wasn’t much available.

Now I just need snow. Lots of it.
frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 3 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2021, 07:05 AM   #2548

Quote:
Originally Posted by frozenchief View Post
My son had a really cool job this summer. He worked as a dock boy at the fishing lodge where I go in remote Alaska. I’m all kinds of proud of him but that’s not what this thread is about. He took some of his money and he bought a Yamaha 450 dirt bike and he rode it while he could. But the guy selling it also had a snow bike kit. For those who are not familiar, a snow bike or tundra sled kit, allows a dirt bike to function as a snowmachine (snowmobile to those who aren’t in the Great Land). It looks like this:

it’s been a few years since I had a snow machine but I realized if he’s going to be riding that much, then I need to get back into it. I had to order last year’s model from WA because nobody up here has any sort of inventory - new or used. The used machines are new enough and expensive enough that I might as well get a new one or they’re old and beat up and will need work. Anyway, something a lot like this is on its way to me:

Mine will have a longer track. I wasn’t really looking for that much power. Frankly, I was hoping for a 600cc engine instead of the 850 but the 850 is what they had and there wasn’t much available.

That's awesome! And I'd love to try it, it has to be a blast..
Old 11-23-2021, 11:12 AM   #2549
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by frozenchief View Post

I love this! I recently finished up a KLX 143 build for my son and ive got the Dirt bike itch very badly. I was looking at a DR 350 in Lees summit for a fixer upper, but being in NEOK its too much of a drive to buy a maybe decent bike from a probably crack head.
Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old 02-06-2022, 10:23 AM   #2550
best in the biz

Kansas bikers: What is the process of titling a bike? Someone told me you can get a bike titled with a bill of sale?

Is this correct?
stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.