Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 06-19-2008, 01:04 PM  
Enjoyer of things

Any Bourbon drinkers out there?

I've heard some good things about Buffalo Trace Bourbon.
http://www.buffalotrace.com/

Can't get it up here north of the border but, through a wine distributer I am able to order a case. Would like to hear from someone who knows their stuff and has tried it before I order.

Thanks
The Poz Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.The Poz Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.The Poz Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.The Poz Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.The Poz Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.The Poz Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.The Poz Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.The Poz Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.The Poz Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.The Poz Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.The Poz Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 06-22-2021, 10:38 AM   #2656
Dirty Bit

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCUnited View Post
Totally. Seems they were saving it for a higher volume customer than me, who just happened to be in the store and declined it. Became my lucky day just standing there to checkout with some beers.
If you don't mind sharing, what did they charge you retail? I walked into one about 2 months ago and the store clerk rang it up for $399.99. I passed.
RockChalk is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RockChalk is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RockChalk is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RockChalk is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RockChalk is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RockChalk is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RockChalk is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RockChalk is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RockChalk is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RockChalk is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RockChalk is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old 06-22-2021, 10:48 AM   #2657
Would an idiot do that?

I totally need a bourbon lazy susan now.
Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-22-2021, 10:55 AM   #2658
Stroking to the SB Champs!

My Son's got me a bottle of this for Father's Day:

I just love those 2 Boys
ChiTown is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiTown is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiTown is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiTown is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiTown is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiTown is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiTown is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiTown is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiTown is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiTown is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiTown is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2021, 11:00 AM   #2659
Cheat Death

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockChalk View Post
If you don't mind sharing, what did they charge you retail? I walked into one about 2 months ago and the store clerk rang it up for $399.99. I passed.
59.99 before tax
KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-22-2021, 11:07 AM   #2660
Cheat Death

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcat View Post
I totally need a bourbon lazy susan now.

A lazy boozin' is great for high volume bottles, just watch out for marrying someone obsessed with RumChata Limon (that yellow bottle I tried my best to eclipse in the photo) so you don't have share your space with that kind of crap.
KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-22-2021, 11:54 AM   #2661
Dirty Bit

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCUnited View Post
59.99 before tax
Un****ing believable. Nice score man!
RockChalk is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RockChalk is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RockChalk is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RockChalk is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RockChalk is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RockChalk is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RockChalk is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RockChalk is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RockChalk is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RockChalk is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RockChalk is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old 06-22-2021, 01:03 PM   #2662
'Tis my eye!

I have a bottle of Johnny Blue sitting in front of me, calling my name.

Damn work.
htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-22-2021, 03:35 PM   #2663
Mod Team

Nice score KCU. You’re a ****ing animal to get that for that price!
lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-22-2021, 04:10 PM   #2664
Cheat Death

Quote:
Originally Posted by lewdog View Post
Nice score KCU. You’re a ****ing animal to get that for that price!
I'm not the type to directly ask "what's in the back?" at this place but do feel a solid strategy is to stop in a few minutes after they open on a weekday. Gives more time to shoot the shit than during peak hours and the likelihood of no one else being in the store can lead to them offering something up. I've had success with that in the past, but today was mostly luck.
Old 06-27-2021, 06:02 PM   #2665
Custom User Title

Picked up a bottle of Makers 46 Limited Edition. Pretty tasty on the back end. Smoother than thought would be for 110 proof.
kstater threw an interception on a screen pass.kstater threw an interception on a screen pass.kstater threw an interception on a screen pass.kstater threw an interception on a screen pass.kstater threw an interception on a screen pass.kstater threw an interception on a screen pass.kstater threw an interception on a screen pass.kstater threw an interception on a screen pass.kstater threw an interception on a screen pass.kstater threw an interception on a screen pass.kstater threw an interception on a screen pass.
Old 07-18-2021, 05:00 AM   #2666
Reset

I bought the mccallan limited edition #6. Holy shit it tastes better than 18 year old. Pricey $200.00
2112 is obviously part of the inner Circle.2112 is obviously part of the inner Circle.2112 is obviously part of the inner Circle.2112 is obviously part of the inner Circle.2112 is obviously part of the inner Circle.2112 is obviously part of the inner Circle.2112 is obviously part of the inner Circle.2112 is obviously part of the inner Circle.2112 is obviously part of the inner Circle.2112 is obviously part of the inner Circle.2112 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-23-2021, 02:30 PM   #2667
(Sir/Yes Sir/Aye Aye Sir)

Day drinking some JB flavored offerings today... Even made one where I mixed Peach, Apple, Honey, and Orange. It was tasty!
GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-03-2021, 06:29 PM   #2668
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by InvinciBill View Post
Definitely add the OF 1920 in that price range. Here’s my current stock:

1792 Full Proof store pick
Blanton’s store pick
Buffalo Trace store pick
EH Taylor Barrel Proof
Evan Williams Bottled-in-Bond (my cocktail mixer thanks to this thread)
High West Bourye
High West Midwinter Nights Dram
Old Forrester 1920
West Bottoms Kansas City Whiskey
Wild Turkey Rare Breed Rye
Just reading thru this thread looking for a place to jump in...

My most recent add to my bourbons was several of the 1792s. I was out and had some, but could not remember which variety. I just knew that I liked what I had. My wife asked me about that, pretending to be passing the info on to a friend of ours, and on Father's Day, presented me with 1792 Single Barrel, 1792 Bottled in Bond, and 1792 Small Batch.

Of the three, I think I like Small Batch the best.

In the house right now, just off the top of my head:

Uncle Nearest
Elmer T Lee
Four Roses
Willett Pot
Sinatra Jack
Jefferson's Ocean
Gentleman Jack
Crown Royal Cask 16

and probably the strangest thing that turned out to be really damn good... James T. Kirk
Chicago_Bronco is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.Chicago_Bronco is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.Chicago_Bronco is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.Chicago_Bronco is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.Chicago_Bronco is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.Chicago_Bronco is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.Chicago_Bronco is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.
Old 08-04-2021, 04:56 AM   #2669
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicago_Bronco View Post
Just reading thru this thread looking for a place to jump in...

My most recent add to my bourbons was several of the 1792s. I was out and had some, but could not remember which variety. I just knew that I liked what I had. My wife asked me about that, pretending to be passing the info on to a friend of ours, and on Father's Day, presented me with 1792 Single Barrel, 1792 Bottled in Bond, and 1792 Small Batch.

Of the three, I think I like Small Batch the best.

In the house right now, just off the top of my head:

Uncle Nearest
Elmer T Lee
Four Roses
Willett Pot
Sinatra Jack
Jefferson's Ocean
Gentleman Jack
Crown Royal Cask 16

and probably the strangest thing that turned out to be really damn good... James T. Kirk
Big fan of the entire 1792 series, along with the Four Roses series. Enjoy Elmer Lee but can’t seem to find it to add to the collection. Have recently found some Dickel BiB at my local honey spot and it is tasty.
Boiled Chicken has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Boiled Chicken has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Boiled Chicken has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Boiled Chicken has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Boiled Chicken has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Boiled Chicken has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Boiled Chicken has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Boiled Chicken has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Boiled Chicken has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Boiled Chicken has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Boiled Chicken has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.
Old 08-04-2021, 11:05 AM   #2670
Starter

Tried a Jack Daniels single barrel recently that was excellent. Special bottling at near 130 proof. Reminiscent of Wild Turkey rare breed.
A8bil must have mowed badgirl's lawn.A8bil must have mowed badgirl's lawn.A8bil must have mowed badgirl's lawn.A8bil must have mowed badgirl's lawn.A8bil must have mowed badgirl's lawn.A8bil must have mowed badgirl's lawn.A8bil must have mowed badgirl's lawn.A8bil must have mowed badgirl's lawn.A8bil must have mowed badgirl's lawn.A8bil must have mowed badgirl's lawn.A8bil must have mowed badgirl's lawn.