Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room

Old 06-27-2016, 11:23 AM  
Kind of a mod

Investing megathread extravaganza

A place to talk about investing stuff.

Last edited by DaFace; 02-19-2021 at 06:35 PM..
DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-22-2021, 10:11 PM   #10786
NFL's #1 Ermines Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buehler445 View Post
I met a guy at a commodity conference in I think 09 that was pretty in depth on monetary policy. At lunch this dude this dude that was selling a newsletter singing the virtues of buying gold and this customer of his. The customer told me he sold his combine and put it all in gold. Soybeans won't matter much come midsummer....

I was like uhhhh...wut. I couldn't get out of there quick enough. I was enjoying the conversation up until then, but immediately discredited everything he said, and wanted nothing to do with wackadoo bean farmer.

Soybeans still mattered midsummer.
It's amazing that society actually does work. It's why I discount all of the conspiracy stuff*. There are really very few people in the world who actually want to destroy society, and a whole lot of people who are interested in keeping it on track.

*Except the aliens. That stuff's real.
Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-23-2021, 06:13 AM   #10787
Mammoth penis

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwistedChief View Post

Your entire analysis is trite and stale and based on basic web searches that - according to you - are "easy to find."
It's not my analysis, you act like I came up with this whole thing. It's already went from under $5 to almost $80 in less than 6 months. But yeah, you're right...there's nothing to it at all. All of the information out there is made up and the millions of backers are being duped. The $3+ BILLION shorts have lost on AMC alone as reported by multiple news outlets is fake news. I'm done arguing about it, I honestly give zero ****s what you think you know.
MTG#10 is obviously part of the inner Circle.MTG#10 is obviously part of the inner Circle.MTG#10 is obviously part of the inner Circle.MTG#10 is obviously part of the inner Circle.MTG#10 is obviously part of the inner Circle.MTG#10 is obviously part of the inner Circle.MTG#10 is obviously part of the inner Circle.MTG#10 is obviously part of the inner Circle.MTG#10 is obviously part of the inner Circle.MTG#10 is obviously part of the inner Circle.MTG#10 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-23-2021, 07:21 AM   #10788
Veteran

I am sitting on a bit of cash right now due to exercising some stock options. I am in all likelihood going to invest into the same types of boring ETF/Indexes as always. However, I am planning to take some of this cash (~$10K) and more actively invest/trade it as well. Anything look good to you today that I should take a closer look at? I haven't started my own looking yet so I thought I would shamelessly see if I could leverage some work that others may have already done.
Peter Gibbons is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Peter Gibbons is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Peter Gibbons is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Peter Gibbons is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Peter Gibbons is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Peter Gibbons is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Peter Gibbons is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Peter Gibbons is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Peter Gibbons is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Peter Gibbons is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Peter Gibbons is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old 07-23-2021, 07:28 AM   #10789
Mod Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Gibbons View Post
I am sitting on a bit of cash right now due to exercising some stock options. I am in all likelihood going to invest into the same types of boring ETF/Indexes as always. However, I am planning to take some of this cash (~$10K) and more actively invest/trade it as well. Anything look good to you today that I should take a closer look at? I haven't started my own looking yet so I thought I would shamelessly see if I could leverage some work that others may have already done.
PM MTG
lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-23-2021, 07:34 AM   #10790
New and Improved

Quote:
MRNA

I'll add I don't know much of anything about what I'm doing.
stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-23-2021, 07:42 AM   #10791
Fish are scared of me

Quote:
NVDA just split 3 days ago, Might be a decent long term investment.
Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-23-2021, 12:34 PM   #10792
MVP

Anyone working in supply chain/logistics? This story is pretty insane in the board game realm. For this particular kickstarter, the shipping costs have gone up $180k since the campaign ended.

https://www.reddit.com/r/boardgames/...m_source=share
BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-23-2021, 02:43 PM   #10793
MVP

Quote:
PYPl
neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2021, 03:40 PM   #10794
Mod Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by scho63 View Post
Lewdog, how did you wind up with APPL? Still holding any? Had a great run from $125
I got stopped out fully on 7-15 as I kept moving up my stop loss to the prior day's low.

I scaled out in chunks.

20% at 5% gain
20% at 6% gain
20% at 9% gain
40% at 15% gain

Total trade was 9.3% gain.
lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-23-2021, 07:03 PM   #10795
In Search of a Life

PINS has been on fire this week. Wish I had more.

Academy Sports and Iron Mountain have been great earners for me as well.
Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-23-2021, 08:23 PM   #10796
Politically Incorrect

Quote:
Originally Posted by lewdog View Post
I got stopped out fully on 7-15 as I kept moving up my stop loss to the prior day's low.

I scaled out in chunks.

20% at 5% gain
20% at 6% gain
20% at 9% gain
40% at 15% gain

Total trade was 9.3% gain.
Nice job.
scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-23-2021, 08:43 PM   #10797
Mod Team

DOW at 35000 for first time ever on Friday.
Old 07-24-2021, 08:33 AM   #10798
TACO SALAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halfcan View Post
PINS has been on fire this week. Wish I had more.
Twitter and Snapchat(up 23% on Fri) had real strong earnings last week. Probably giving anything in advertising a boost. PINS reports earnings next week

3rd week of earnings season is my favorite. Most of the tech goes. Apple, Amazon, MS, Google. I'm pretty sure Tesla, PYPL, Visa, MA & Shopify. I've held Lam Research and Sherwin Williams a long time and they're both in this week somewhere.
ChiliConCarnage threw an interception on a screen pass.ChiliConCarnage threw an interception on a screen pass.ChiliConCarnage threw an interception on a screen pass.ChiliConCarnage threw an interception on a screen pass.ChiliConCarnage threw an interception on a screen pass.ChiliConCarnage threw an interception on a screen pass.ChiliConCarnage threw an interception on a screen pass.ChiliConCarnage threw an interception on a screen pass.ChiliConCarnage threw an interception on a screen pass.ChiliConCarnage threw an interception on a screen pass.ChiliConCarnage threw an interception on a screen pass.
Old 07-24-2021, 11:48 AM   #10799
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by lewdog View Post
DOW at 35000 for first time ever on Friday.
That's why a day like last Monday can get a person stressed out when overall you have more upside days, unless a person is awful at picking stocks.

Look at the bad days as possible buying opportunities. Unfortunately I didn't have much cash laying around to do that last Monday.
neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 07-24-2021, 01:47 PM   #10800
It's just a ride.

I bought up a ton of Draft King when it hit 41ish. I feel like it's bound to implode once the NFL Season kicks off. Plus sports betting is rapidly getting legalized across all states.

Also I still have faith in GME. Well I need to after shoving a bunch of cash into it around 200. FML
Iconic is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Iconic is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Iconic is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Iconic is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Iconic is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Iconic is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Iconic is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Iconic is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Iconic is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Iconic is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Iconic is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.