Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room

View Poll Results: What do you do with coins as change?
I donate it to beggars 2 4.08%
I run it through a change machine that charges 10% 6 12.24%
My bank loves change, except for the tellers. 13 26.53%
I keep it in a jar with no idea how to cash it in for its value 28 57.14%
Voters: 49. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-19-2022, 08:01 PM  
MVP

What do you with the coinage received as change?

Pennies, nickels, dimes...

What do you do with them?
Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.
Old 05-20-2022, 07:18 AM   #46
MVP

I assume people with jars of coins. Use it to weigh down bodies, cats, dogs, nosey neighbors
Rainbarrel Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Rainbarrel Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Rainbarrel Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Rainbarrel Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Rainbarrel Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Rainbarrel Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Rainbarrel Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Rainbarrel Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Rainbarrel Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Rainbarrel Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Rainbarrel Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 05-20-2022, 07:24 AM   #47
What's up braj?

Quote:
Originally Posted by notorious View Post
I disagree.

I prove it daily.

They both have their benefits for certain things.
How do you prove it? I get a minimum 2% rebate on anything I buy.
Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2022, 07:37 AM   #48
Inmem 2.0

I like to role play with my partner and stuff them I'm his ASS like a piggy bank
Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-20-2022, 08:48 AM   #49
Hey Loochy, I'm hooome!

I keep it in a jar to use for whatever. When the jar is full I take it to the bank and put it in my son's savings account.
loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-20-2022, 08:50 AM   #50
Kind of a mod

Coinstar doesn't charge fees if you use it for gift cards, so I just get an Amazon card. That said, I use plastic for 99% of my spending these days, so I probably only bother with turning coins in once every 2-3 years.
DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-20-2022, 08:51 AM   #51
Kind of a mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldman View Post
Wrong, cash is KING. I don't carry much, but I hate to pull out plastic for something that costs less than $5.01. If I go to my watering hole for a beer and it's $3.25, I leave the $1.75 as a tip. For what I have left from the end of the day, I put in a jar and have the grandkids roll it up in coin wrappers and take them to the bank. I'm a good grandpa.
You're an old man, oldman.
DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2022, 08:55 AM   #52
Cog of Industry

I collect change in a 4 liter glass Erlenmeyer flask. It currently holds about 1.5 liters.

I changed banks 3 years ago to an online bank, and forgot to convert my change at the old bank. During the pandemic, I began to use cash much less frequently and the change jugs is holding fairly steady.
Zebedee DuBois would the whole thing.Zebedee DuBois would the whole thing.Zebedee DuBois would the whole thing.Zebedee DuBois would the whole thing.Zebedee DuBois would the whole thing.Zebedee DuBois would the whole thing.Zebedee DuBois would the whole thing.Zebedee DuBois would the whole thing.Zebedee DuBois would the whole thing.Zebedee DuBois would the whole thing.Zebedee DuBois would the whole thing.
Old 05-20-2022, 09:08 AM   #53
Cheat Death

There were still some cash only establishments I'd visit when I lived in Chicago. I also had a lawn service come out a couple weeks ago that only took cash or check. Fortunately I had an old temporary check from my bank to give them.

I do like to keep some cash on me, mostly for street vendors and such, but would rather pay in plastic whenever possible.

I keep my change in a Jameson whiskey tube. Has to weigh 15lbs at this point.

Back in college I worked at a full service carwash. I would just vacuum up any loose change on the floorboards. After close I'd empty out the vacuums and accumulate hundreds of dollars in dusty coins.
KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-20-2022, 09:26 AM   #54
Bono & Grbac wasn't enough

At home I put it in a Ziploc container I'd say it's 4" x 8" until it's full then go cash it in.

At our camper I put it in a tequila bottle.

I also have a full coors light party ball that I have to do something with sometime (if you know what one of those are).
ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-20-2022, 09:28 AM   #55
[null]

The penny, the nickel, the dime the quarter...
Stanley Nickels is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Stanley Nickels is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Stanley Nickels is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Stanley Nickels is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Stanley Nickels is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Stanley Nickels is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Stanley Nickels is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Stanley Nickels is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Stanley Nickels is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Stanley Nickels is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Stanley Nickels is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old 05-20-2022, 09:28 AM   #56
[null]

Always keep your nickels, then send them to me. Thanks.
Stanley Nickels is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Stanley Nickels is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Stanley Nickels is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Stanley Nickels is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Stanley Nickels is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Stanley Nickels is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Stanley Nickels is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Stanley Nickels is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Stanley Nickels is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Stanley Nickels is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Stanley Nickels is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old 05-20-2022, 09:32 AM   #57
Would an idiot do that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanley Nickels View Post
Always keep your nickels, then send them to me. Thanks.
Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-20-2022, 09:32 AM   #58
I love your mom

Best thing we ever did up here is get rid of the penny , I would highly recommend it with the other coinage I just fill up a cookie jar and roll them up and bring them to the bank at some point with toonies and loonies you don’t realize how much cash you accumulate so it can be worth the trip to the bank.
Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.
Old 05-20-2022, 09:34 AM   #59
Supporter

Throw it in a jar along with throwing ones and fives in a box next to it. At the end of the year I take deposit it and then send it into a Roth IRA. Typically get a few thousand dollars at the end of the year.

I do a ton of cash transactions just for this reason
Perineum Ripper is obviously part of the inner Circle.Perineum Ripper is obviously part of the inner Circle.Perineum Ripper is obviously part of the inner Circle.Perineum Ripper is obviously part of the inner Circle.Perineum Ripper is obviously part of the inner Circle.Perineum Ripper is obviously part of the inner Circle.Perineum Ripper is obviously part of the inner Circle.Perineum Ripper is obviously part of the inner Circle.Perineum Ripper is obviously part of the inner Circle.Perineum Ripper is obviously part of the inner Circle.Perineum Ripper is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-20-2022, 09:36 AM   #60
Bono & Grbac wasn't enough

I also have a collection of drummer boy quarters
ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.