Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 05-19-2022, 11:40 AM  
Veteran

Legal Help

Hey all, I need some advice,

As you all know I posted I was in an accident in April, I was driving a passenger for lyft. Lyft insurance deductible is 2500.00 and since I had a passenger my insurance will not come into play.

I am going to take the driver to court and ask for 10,000.00, that amount included the damage to my car, lost wages, court fees, and car depreciation. My questing is may I include the owner of the car in my lawsuit? The driver and the owner are two different people.
Reroka must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Reroka must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Reroka must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Reroka must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Reroka must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Reroka must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Reroka must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Reroka must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Reroka must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Reroka must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Reroka must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
Old 05-19-2022, 11:42 AM   #2
Life is changing..

Call Jungle Law.

TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 7 Thumbs Down 1     Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2022, 11:46 AM   #3
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Yeah, you can. It’s not a great cause of action but it’s doable.

Negligent entrustment can work depending on the fact pattern.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-19-2022, 11:55 AM   #4
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
Yeah, you can. It’s not a great cause of action but it’s doable.

Negligent entrustment can work depending on the fact pattern.
The father gave permission to drive with the knowledge that they did not have insurance.
Reroka must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Reroka must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Reroka must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Reroka must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Reroka must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Reroka must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Reroka must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Reroka must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Reroka must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Reroka must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Reroka must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
Old 05-19-2022, 12:11 PM   #5
The man you could post like.

Huh. Is that common for those services like Lyft and Uber? You'll have a separate insurance policy contingent on whether you're working or not?
Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-19-2022, 12:18 PM   #6
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superturtle View Post
Huh. Is that common for those services like Lyft and Uber? You'll have a separate insurance policy contingent on whether you're working or not?
Typically you need to inform your insurance that you will be driving. They need to add it to the policy, otherwise you will not be covered. I had a friend who was hit by a DoorDash driver. They did not inform their insurance, so they were basically an uninsured driver
SupDock would the whole thing.SupDock would the whole thing.SupDock would the whole thing.SupDock would the whole thing.SupDock would the whole thing.SupDock would the whole thing.SupDock would the whole thing.SupDock would the whole thing.SupDock would the whole thing.SupDock would the whole thing.SupDock would the whole thing.
Old 05-19-2022, 12:23 PM   #7
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SupDock View Post
Typically you need to inform your insurance that you will be driving. They need to add it to the policy, otherwise you will not be covered. I had a friend who was hit by a DoorDash driver. They did not inform their insurance, so they were basically an uninsured driver
This is correct, I have a rideshare endorsement.

Which covers me as secondary insurance but if I have a passenger in the car and an accident then Lyft's policy is the only one unless I am hit then then its the other person insurance if they have any.
Old 05-19-2022, 12:23 PM   #8
Cheat Death

Quote:
Once you start using your vehicle to make money, you're a business, so your basic personal auto policy won't provide coverage during those windows of time.
KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-19-2022, 12:24 PM   #9
The man you could post like.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SupDock View Post
Wow. That's ****ing shitty.
Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-19-2022, 12:31 PM   #10
Veteran

Quote:
Wow. That's ****ing shitty.

Yes it is,

but in 10 months I was able to pay off 60k in debt and I am now debt free.
Old 05-19-2022, 12:34 PM   #11
Veteran

Make this clear, I was not a fault and I have informed my insurance that I do this and have the rideshare endorsement on my policy on all 4 of my cars.
Old 05-19-2022, 12:42 PM   #12
To the Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reroka View Post
Hey all, I need some advice,

As you all know I posted I was in an accident in April, I was driving a passenger for lyft. Lyft insurance deductible is 2500.00 and since I had a passenger my insurance will not come into play.

I am going to take the driver to court and ask for 10,000.00, that amount included the damage to my car, lost wages, court fees, and car depreciation. My questing is may I include the owner of the car in my lawsuit? The driver and the owner are two different people.
"I was driving a passenger for lyft."

"I am going to take the driver to court..."

Huh??
DRU 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDRU 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDRU 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDRU 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDRU 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDRU 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDRU 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDRU 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDRU 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDRU 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDRU 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2022, 12:44 PM   #13
Needs more middle fingers

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLO View Post
Call Jungle Law.

Lookin' sharp in that suit, DJ.
ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2022, 12:44 PM   #14
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRU View Post
"I was driving a passenger for lyft."

"I am going to take the driver to court..."

Huh??
The drive who hit me, sorry,

The driver rear-ended me.
Old 05-19-2022, 12:45 PM   #15
Kind of a mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reroka View Post
The father gave permission to drive with the knowledge that they did not have insurance.
Wait, the car wasn't insured, or the kid wasn't insured? Assuming the kid was a legal driver, the car's policy should still apply. At least that's always been my understanding.
DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.