Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room

Old 05-16-2022, 12:42 PM  
Damn it feels good.

Have you ever used a personal trainer?

Long story short, my wife and I are both starting a new journey w/ fitness and food. We're seeing a dietician soon to get some help with the food part, but we've also been considering getting a personal trainer (either one for both of us or separate - either option is on the table).

Does anyone here have experience with one? What are some good questions to ask to make sure I get the "right" one? Any tips to set us up for success in this process?
SuperChief is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.SuperChief is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.SuperChief is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.SuperChief is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.SuperChief is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.SuperChief is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.SuperChief is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.SuperChief is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.SuperChief is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.SuperChief is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.SuperChief is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old 05-19-2022, 07:55 PM   #241
Inmem 2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pablo View Post
It's true. If I see a dude working out in anything other than steel-toe boots, corduroy pants and a flannel then I know he chokes pipe.
My ex Andrew would workout in shorts before we hit the showers together
Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2022, 07:12 AM   #242
MVP

One thing that made a difference me is to start focusing on the mind muscle connection, and use weight that I could have slow controlled form for. I still go close to failure, but I pay less attention to the weight and more to what it feels like.
SupDock would the whole thing.SupDock would the whole thing.SupDock would the whole thing.SupDock would the whole thing.SupDock would the whole thing.SupDock would the whole thing.SupDock would the whole thing.SupDock would the whole thing.SupDock would the whole thing.SupDock would the whole thing.SupDock would the whole thing.
Old 05-20-2022, 08:57 AM   #243
Hey Loochy, I'm hooome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SupDock View Post
One thing that made a difference me is to start focusing on the mind muscle connection, and use weight that I could have slow controlled form for. I still go close to failure, but I pay less attention to the weight and more to what it feels like.
Wearing shorts also makes a difference.
loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-20-2022, 09:23 AM   #244
Cheat Death

I'm doing this new Crusader workout, so currently working out in chain mail.

Getting that extra resistance.
KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-11-2022, 01:28 PM   #245
Andy Reid Supporter

So my dad is a runner. But the last 2 years he’s really worked on his strength he did go to a personal trainer for awhile ($225/month) but couldn’t justify the price.

He thought about buying a bunch of equipment but ended up getting Tonal. Can’t recommend it enough if you are a fitness person. Very little equipment, thousands of workouts for you to do on the screen as if you have a personal trainer there with you. Can create a profile for hundreds of people and it gives you very detailed physical analysis.

He loves it and so does my mom. There’s was 3k after tax and it’s $50/month for subscription. Yes it’s expensive but if you’re into fitness and not just sticking your foot in the water I highly recommend it.

Plus the cheapest personal trainer I’ve seen that isn’t terrible is $225/month. That’s $2,700/year. Might as well just get the Tonal if that’s your way of life
RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-11-2022, 02:37 PM   #246
Damn it feels good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperChief View Post
Long story short, my wife and I are both starting a new journey w/ fitness and food. We're seeing a dietician soon to get some help with the food part, but we've also been considering getting a personal trainer (either one for both of us or separate - either option is on the table).

Does anyone here have experience with one? What are some good questions to ask to make sure I get the "right" one? Any tips to set us up for success in this process?
UPDATE

I found a guy that I liked. Due to my fitness level, we decided to ease into the whole process. I started in early June w/ 5 minutes on the treadmill (with a pretty steep incline and decent speed), along with 3 20-second planks, using a bench press instead of doing them on the ground, to start on my core. The trainer listened to my concerns about burnout and going too quick, so we both picked the "slow and steady wins the race" type of attack. I've been doing this twice a week since, slowly adding more and more before we begin a true weight training based plan.

Today I did 20 minutes on the treadmill, 5 of the planks, and 5 sets of 10 of bodyweight squats to a bench. Feeling great and already starting to see slow, steady improvement in my stamina. Best part of all - the trainer decided to not charge me for sessions during these first few months while I'm getting up to speed.
SuperChief is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.SuperChief is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.SuperChief is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.SuperChief is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.SuperChief is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.SuperChief is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.SuperChief is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.SuperChief is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.SuperChief is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.SuperChief is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.SuperChief is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Thumbs Up 3 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2022, 03:01 PM   #247
Inmem 2.0

To each their own. If you have no problem putting the work in I don't see much value in a trainer
Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-11-2022, 03:10 PM   #248
Consuming CP souls

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titty Meat View Post
To each their own. If you have no problem putting the work in I don't see much value in a trainer
Ya no shit. The internet should have killed that business a long time ago. So many resources...
Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-11-2022, 03:14 PM   #249
C Chiefs once a year!

Quote:
UPDATE

I found a guy that I liked. Due to my fitness level, we decided to ease into the whole process. I started in early June w/ 5 minutes on the treadmill (with a pretty steep incline and decent speed), along with 3 20-second planks, using a bench press instead of doing them on the ground, to start on my core. The trainer listened to my concerns about burnout and going too quick, so we both picked the "slow and steady wins the race" type of attack. I've been doing this twice a week since, slowly adding more and more before we begin a true weight training based plan.

Today I did 20 minutes on the treadmill, 5 of the planks, and 5 sets of 10 of bodyweight squats to a bench. Feeling great and already starting to see slow, steady improvement in my stamina. Best part of all - the trainer decided to not charge me for sessions during these first few months while I'm getting up to speed.
That's awesome and keep up the good work.

Has the old lady been following suit?
Eureka is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Eureka is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Eureka is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Eureka is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Eureka is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Eureka is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Eureka is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Eureka is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Eureka is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Eureka is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Eureka is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old 07-11-2022, 04:14 PM   #250
Supporter

Quote:
UPDATE

Excellent.
Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-11-2022, 05:38 PM   #251
Veteran

Nice. Slow and steady wins in the game of life.
Holladay Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Holladay Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Holladay Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Holladay Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Holladay Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Holladay Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Holladay Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Holladay Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Holladay Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Holladay Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Holladay Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 07-11-2022, 06:36 PM   #252
Damn it feels good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eureka View Post
That's awesome and keep up the good work.

Has the old lady been following suit?
She's getting closer. She found a gym that she likes and starts soon. She was pretty overwhelmed with the dietician stuff and a recent health diagnosis, so we didn't wanna push too fast with so many changes.
Old 07-11-2022, 06:46 PM   #253
Veteran

Quote:
She found a gym that she likes and starts soon
I would think that you should do it together in some shape or form. Encourage each other. I wish my wife be more interested.
Holladay Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Holladay Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Holladay Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Holladay Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Holladay Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Holladay Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Holladay Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Holladay Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Holladay Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Holladay Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Holladay Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 07-12-2022, 01:07 PM   #254
Banned

I had an online trainer. Worked well. He also prepared for me a daily meal plan and i am still following some of his guidances now.
https://betterme.world/articles/200-...day-meal-plan/ that is one of them here. Protein is absolute must for all people who are doing a lot of exercises in order to stay healthy and fit.

Last edited by markdis; 07-28-2022 at 03:48 AM..
markdis Loves all of Deberg's threads.markdis Loves all of Deberg's threads.markdis Loves all of Deberg's threads.
Old 07-12-2022, 01:15 PM   #255
Best Body On ChiefsPlanet

I never have but I think they are good for most people you just have to find the right one.
PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.