Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room > Media Center

Old 05-14-2022, 02:22 PM  
Be Kind To Your Pets

Return of Spinal Tap! Sequel in the Works for 2024!

https://www.guitarworld.com/news/spi...quel-confirmed

A sequel to iconic rock ‘mockumentary’ Spinal Tap, featuring the original’s core cast and director Rob Reiner, is scheduled to hit screens in March 2024.

Deadline is reporting that the film will once again be directed by Rob Reiner, who will also reprise his onscreen role as documentary maker Marty DiBergi.

In addition, Christopher Guest will return as Spinal Tap guitar hero Nigel Tufnel, alongside Michael McKean and Derek Smalls, as frontman David St. Hubbins and bass supremo, Derek Smalls, respectively.

The release will coincide with a significant date for the 1984 comedy.

“The plan is to do a sequel that comes out on the 40th anniversary of the original film,” Reiner tells Deadline. “Hardly a day goes by without someone saying, why don’t you do another one? For so many years, we said, ‘nah.’ It wasn’t until we came up with the right idea… You want to honor the first one and push it a little further with the story.”

Reportedly, the story will revolve around a contractual oversight that obliges the estranged band members to reform in order to play one more live show.

“[After] all these years and a lot of bad blood… they’re thrown back together and forced to deal with each other and play this concert,” explains Reiner. The director also says that the fictional band will have an axe to grind about their portrayal in the original Spinal Tap film.

“I’m back playing Marty DiBergi,” confirms Reiner. “The [idea is the] band was upset with the first film. They thought I did a hatchet job and this is a chance to redeem myself. I am… a visiting adjunct teacher’s helper at the Ed Wood School of Cinematic Arts. I drop everything to document this final concert.”

Reiner also says he hopes to capitalize on Spinal Tap’s cult following among musicians and recruit a few guest cameos for the sequel.

“When I met with Sting years ago, he said, I’ve seen that movie 50 times and every time I watch it I don’t know whether to laugh or cry. Because it’s so much what happens,” recalls Reiner. “With all of that, we’ve had a lot of bands share their experiences and so hopefully we’ll include some of that in the film.”

It’s too early to confirm any names, but we note that Sting has recently made a good case for his inclusion via his excellent, self-effacing cameo in Only Murders in The Building… We bet Ed Sheeran turns up somewhere, too. He usually does.

The Spinal Tap sequel is scheduled for release on March 19, 2024.
gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-14-2022, 02:26 PM   #2
Veteran

Derek Smalls as Derek Smalls? Interesting choice.
Third Eye 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThird Eye 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThird Eye 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThird Eye 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThird Eye 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThird Eye 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThird Eye 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThird Eye 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThird Eye 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThird Eye 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThird Eye 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Old 05-14-2022, 02:29 PM   #3
Be Kind To Your Pets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Third Eye View Post
Derek Smalls as Derek Smalls? Interesting choice.
Weird typo in that article. I think they mean Harry Shearer.
gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-14-2022, 02:50 PM   #4
Everybody Lies.

I love the original Spinal Tap but the saying that always comes to my mind when I hear things like this is "You can't reheat a souffle"
lcarus is obviously part of the inner Circle.lcarus is obviously part of the inner Circle.lcarus is obviously part of the inner Circle.lcarus is obviously part of the inner Circle.lcarus is obviously part of the inner Circle.lcarus is obviously part of the inner Circle.lcarus is obviously part of the inner Circle.lcarus is obviously part of the inner Circle.lcarus is obviously part of the inner Circle.lcarus is obviously part of the inner Circle.lcarus is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-14-2022, 08:01 PM   #5
mod-ish

These go to 2024
Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-14-2022, 09:37 PM   #6
Sometimes it's black and white

Quote:
Originally Posted by lcarus View Post
I love the original Spinal Tap but the saying that always comes to my mind when I hear things like this is "You can't reheat a souffle"
I remembered loving Spinal Tap when it came out. I saw it a second time ~20 or so years later and...

Not that impressed. You could distill the good jokes down to about a ten minute YouTube highlight.

Although that's my attitude about most Hollywood comedies.

But there was a CP thread in the last year or so where somebody asked who's killing all of the drummers.

I thought about mentioning that you can't, you know, dust for vomit, but was afraid too many might have thought it in poor taste.
Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 05-14-2022, 11:59 PM   #7
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by lcarus View Post
I'd be more leary is there weren't so many talented people involved, and if Christopher Guest in particular hadn't made SO MANY classic comedies mining the mockumentary style.

It could go to shit, everyone loses their curveball eventually. But I have faith that they'll at least won't approach this lazily and for a cash grab. They'll work their ass off to find a contemporary twist on the ridiculousness of creative fame.
Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-15-2022, 12:23 AM   #8
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby Lee View Post
I'd be more leary is there weren't so many talented people involved, and if Christopher Guest in particular hadn't made SO MANY classic comedies mining the mockumentary style.

It could go to shit, everyone loses their curveball eventually. But I have faith that they'll at least won't approach this lazily and for a cash grab. They'll work their ass off to find a contemporary twist on the ridiculousness of creative fame.
Best in Show and A Mighty Wind are my favorites.
Pepe Silvia has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Pepe Silvia has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Pepe Silvia has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Pepe Silvia has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Pepe Silvia has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Pepe Silvia has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Pepe Silvia has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Pepe Silvia has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Pepe Silvia has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Pepe Silvia has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Pepe Silvia has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.