Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room > Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum

Old 05-02-2022, 11:38 AM  
MVP

WR Room?

Chiefs have a competitive WR room, I'm curious what you guys think...

Are we done, or will we add a vet FA?
What's the WR depth chart look like this year?
What roles will these guys play?
What do you expect next year's WR depth chart to look like?
Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.
Old 05-10-2022, 09:18 AM   #16
Most Valuable Villain

Quote:
Originally Posted by kccrow View Post
I don't know about that, honestly. The Steelers spread the ball around pretty equally to all of Johnson, Claypool, and Smith-Schuster in 2020 and started to in 21 before JuJu got hurt.
All while having a corpse at QB throw them the ball.
The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-10-2022, 09:43 AM   #17
MVP

The OVERALL physical talent level is significantly increased. We're talking measurables, and there's no question.

The OVERALL experience level is also significantly increased, with vets Juju and MVS actually having played meaningful football, Hardman with another year, and even Moore played a lot of snaps and was very productive in college.

we went from a stud in Hill with a gadget guy in Hardman along with a bunch of bullshit to a four deep at a minimum of actual NFL level talent.

OVERALL, this group should be better; but it'll take a bit. By the end of the season it should be humming.
Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-10-2022, 09:45 AM   #18
Veteran

I think The Franchise and kccrow are right that the more useful exercise is to look at the receiving group and therefore include Kelce. That makes things look a lot better. The other aspect probably worth considering is just how heavy the usage of players is and whether teams have been spreading it around more or less to WR 3s and 4s - but I'm far too lazy to check this.

If I'm counting Kelce but not bothering with other teams' TEs, so being generous, I'd probably say from the AFC off the top of my head:

- Bills might have a marginally better top 2 but honestly not convinced beyond Diggs
- Dolphins - Have a better 1-3 with Hill, Waddle and Wilson vs Kelce, MVS, Moore/Juju - but worse depth beyond that
- Jets - Are Wilson, Moore and Davis better as a 3? Maybe. Trash beneath that
- Patriots - Lol, nope. Absolute garbage
- Bengals - Top 3 are obviously better but not sure they have better depth beyond that
- Browns - We're far better 1-6
- Ravens - We're far better 1-6
- Steelers - We'll see what Pickens offers, their 2-3rd options might be better, but then their depth is poorer.
- Colts - I like Pittman but we're better 1-6
- Titans - Have shat on their WR core, we're better 1-6 unless Burks turns out elite
- Chargers - Might have a better 1-2 but what do they have afterwards? Pure JAGs
- Broncos - Rank mediocrity even if Jeudy takes a step forward
- Raiders - Yep, better 1-3 with Waller but worse depth.

Obviously just the AFC and there's loads of talented receivers elsewhere, but the more i look at it the less terrified I am of other AFC teams' options at WR.I say that as someone who is not particularly high on MVS, Juju or Hardman.

Last edited by JPH83; 05-10-2022 at 10:12 AM..
JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
Old 05-10-2022, 12:01 PM   #19
Tip of the hat LIV Champs

I think Gore gets cut and that makes room for one of the practice squad guys to make the team.
Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-10-2022, 02:03 PM   #20
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPH83 View Post
I think The Franchise and kccrow are right that the more useful exercise is to look at the receiving group and therefore include Kelce. That makes things look a lot better. The other aspect probably worth considering is just how heavy the usage of players is and whether teams have been spreading it around more or less to WR 3s and 4s - but I'm far too lazy to check this.

If I'm counting Kelce but not bothering with other teams' TEs, so being generous, I'd probably say from the AFC off the top of my head:

- Bills might have a marginally better top 2 but honestly not convinced beyond Diggs
- Dolphins - Have a better 1-3 with Hill, Waddle and Wilson vs Kelce, MVS, Moore/Juju - but worse depth beyond that
- Jets - Are Wilson, Moore and Davis better as a 3? Maybe. Trash beneath that
- Patriots - Lol, nope. Absolute garbage
- Bengals - Top 3 are obviously better but not sure they have better depth beyond that
- Browns - We're far better 1-6
- Ravens - We're far better 1-6
- Steelers - We'll see what Pickens offers, their 2-3rd options might be better, but then their depth is poorer.
- Colts - I like Pittman but we're better 1-6
- Titans - Have shat on their WR core, we're better 1-6 unless Burks turns out elite
- Chargers - Might have a better 1-2 but what do they have afterwards? Pure JAGs
- Broncos - Rank mediocrity even if Jeudy takes a step forward
- Raiders - Yep, better 1-3 with Waller but worse depth.

Obviously just the AFC and there's loads of talented receivers elsewhere, but the more i look at it the less terrified I am of other AFC teams' options at WR.I say that as someone who is not particularly high on MVS, Juju or Hardman.
I can appreciate depth, but a healthy star #1 AND #2 WR is worth more than depth all the way through your #6 WR I think.

Our squad is currently filled with good #2 and #3 WRs, plus some some high upside fliers. By the end of this season, I wouldn't be surprised if Moore was our best WR. Maybe we add a RD 1 WR next year and he and Moore are our new WR Core moving forward + whichever additional guys from this year stick.

Last edited by Couch-Potato; 05-10-2022 at 02:11 PM..
Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.
Old 05-10-2022, 02:29 PM   #21
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Couch-Potato View Post
I can appreciate depth, but a healthy star #1 AND #2 WR is worth more than depth all the way through your #6 WR I think.

Our squad is currently filled with good #2 and #3 WRs, plus some some high upside fliers. By the end of this season, I wouldn't be surprised if Moore was our best WR. Maybe we add a RD 1 WR next year and he and Moore are our new WR Core moving forward + whichever additional guys from this year stick.
It depends.

This is an offense that is very deep schematically. Andy schemes up ways to get guys the ball. Spreading the ball around rather than just feeding Hill and Kelce may well be a healthier and more difficult to stop philosophy.
Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2022, 02:33 PM   #22
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by kccrow View Post
I don't know about that, honestly. The Steelers spread the ball around pretty equally to all of Johnson, Claypool, and Smith-Schuster in 2020 and started to in 21 before JuJu got hurt.
I'm just a little jealous of other teams' WR cores, but rooting for our guys to prove they're just as good.
Old 05-10-2022, 07:57 PM   #23
MVP

I hope Moore and Ross both really grow into their full potential and we add 1st RD WR next year. Our future core could be Kelce + 1st Rd WR, Moore, Ross & MVS is your deep threat.
Old 05-10-2022, 08:39 PM   #24
Tip of the hat LIV Champs

Quote:
I'm just a little jealous of other teams' WR cores, but rooting for our guys to prove they're just as good.

The only team I'm jealous of WR is the Bengals and that's only because of Chase he is like the second coming of Randy Moss. That's who he reminded me most of anyways.

When Skyy gets his groove or handle on the playbook he will start getting a lot of looks and we will be right up there again. We are better off without DRopp and Pringle. I'm excited see how the new guys play and if Patrick spreads the ball around our offense could be more potent than when we had Tyreek at least that's my theory. I want to get Mahomes back to 5000+ and 50+ this year and beyond. I know he is going have a 7 touchdown game in him.

So no not really jealous because I think with our new set of DBs younger and hit harder when the Rookies get the feel for speed of the game this defense is going be vicious. Really I want teams to be jealous of our Defense than us be jealous of their WRs.
Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-10-2022, 11:39 PM   #25
Veteran

Quote:

I don't disagree, it's hard not to look at the Bengals and Rams last year and think you really need at least 2 elite to very good WRs and a third that's a decent threat. Even counting Kelce our quality at receiver is quite a lot worse.

I think this depth approach only works if Mahomes has patience and trust in them all. The value then is he doesn't have to lock in, he can go through progressions and ideally having a number of competent WRs means one can provide an option. We should also be able to absorb injuries better. "Quantity has a quality of its own"

But look, I wanted us to ADD someone alongside Hill, I assume that was most people's preference. I don't think it's a given we're better at the position this year at all. I'm just not convinced outside of the Bengals and Raiders there's loads of AFC teams in much better shape.
JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
Old 05-14-2022, 11:39 PM   #26
Starter

They are probably done this year but they shouldn't be. It's the weakest WR room for the Chiefs on paper since 2014. MVS is a below-average #2. Hardman has proven himself to be a bad X WR but will get a shot at the Z position this year. He's a better fit there but we will see. I really like JuJu as a slot WR and don't expect much from Moore since he's also a slot WR with serious doubts on his ability to play outside in the NFL.

This offense will be a lot like NE's of Tom Brady's final years there. Good slot WR's and a HOF TE. Hopefully Kelce can stay healthy because he's taken a beating and getting up there in age.
emaw1979 is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutemaw1979 is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutemaw1979 is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutemaw1979 is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutemaw1979 is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutemaw1979 is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutemaw1979 is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutemaw1979 is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutemaw1979 is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutemaw1979 is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutemaw1979 is the dumbass Milkman is always talking about
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 2     Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2022, 05:59 AM   #27
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by emaw1979 View Post
They are probably done this year but they shouldn't be. It's the weakest WR room for the Chiefs on paper since 2014. MVS is a below-average #2. Hardman has proven himself to be a bad X WR but will get a shot at the Z position this year. He's a better fit there but we will see. I really like JuJu as a slot WR and don't expect much from Moore since he's also a slot WR with serious doubts on his ability to play outside in the NFL.

This offense will be a lot like NE's of Tom Brady's final years there. Good slot WR's and a HOF TE. Hopefully Kelce can stay healthy because he's taken a beating and getting up there in age.
Your takes are shitty.
Thumbs Up 3 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2022, 06:27 AM   #28
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Meck View Post
Your takes are shitty.
He's not that far off, mate. I agree that our WR room is made up of #2 & #3's, could go either way. Kelce's getting older, feels like we'll be leaning on him a little harder this year. We've added too much depth to be likely suitors for another FA WR, but that doesn't mean I personally wouldn't want them to kick the tires on OBJ or Julio 1/3rd through the season still available and we come out looking limp. I think Moore might be our best bet at WR currently.
Thumbs Up 0 Thumbs Down 2     Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2022, 05:55 AM   #29
MVP

Quote:
He's not that far off, mate. I agree that our WR room is made up of #2 & #3's, could go either way. Kelce's getting older, feels like we'll be leaning on him a little harder this year. We've added too much depth to be likely suitors for another FA WR, but that doesn't mean I personally wouldn't want them to kick the tires on OBJ or Julio 1/3rd through the season still available and we come out looking limp. I think Moore might be our best bet at WR currently.
which tells me that you want NAMES, and aren't really paying attention.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2022, 06:34 AM   #30
M-I-Z-Z-O-U

It's an interesting mix in the WR room, for sure. In my opinion...

They didn't sign Marquez Valdes-Scantling with the idea that he was going to morph into this all-around, elite WR.

They signed him because they wanted to maintain the elite deep ball threat that forces teams to "defend every blade of grass" and keeps teams in the 2-deep shell.

They were losing that with Tyreek Hill. When Valdes-Scantling and Hardman (or even just one of them, really) are on the field, the Chiefs have speed available that will keep teams in the shell.

I expect Hardman to do a lot of the short things they asked Hill to do last year in adjustment to the shell. He was effective in those snaps down the stretch. So really, the Chiefs are adjusting, IMO, to have Hardman do the short stuff they were doing with Hill, and have Valdes-Scantling do the deep stuff.

I expect Smith-Schuster and Skyy Moore to be major upgrades from Robinson and Pringle at the other 2 WR spots.

And I think Skyy Moore has more ability to play outside than people expect. Just because he's 5-10 doesn't mean he's a slot-only guy, especially in an offense that DOESN'T rely on the back-shoulder throws.

Saying this room is worse than it has been since 2014 is way, way off. It's worse at the best WR spot than last year but better everywhere else. Which is still better than anything before 2018 and at least has the potential to be better overall than last year.
duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.