Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 04-29-2022, 07:18 PM  
Tossed Salad & Scrambled Eggs

*****The Bryan Cook Thread*****

More to come!

Last edited by Dante84; 04-29-2022 at 09:39 PM..
Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-01-2022, 12:20 AM   #136
Veteran

[QUOTE=RunKC;16275489]Like his pass rush skills but he’s a small guy. He’s a big liability against the run. He bulked up to about 250 before the combine but was lighter during the season.

His frame is small and his arms are short.

He’s a one trick pony who relies solely on speed.[/QUOTE

I disagree. He's not great against rhe run but no liability imo. I also think he's more refined than a pure speed rusher, but in any case speed on the edge IS what we still need.
JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
Old 05-01-2022, 12:45 AM   #137
MVP

Veach may be looking into next year with some of these picks as well. It's been mentioned time and again they're not thrilled with what they've seen from Thornhill and Hardman. Their contracts are up after this year and Moore and Cook will have a year under their belts.

Fenton is in the C. Ward category. If he puts together a healthy season and plays like he did last year then he may be looking at a hefty pay raise. We just drafted several corners that have the physical profile. If they have the brain to go with it Fenton as well as Baker will be gone. (Baker just isn't very good. Let's be honest.)

I think Veach is simply staying ahead of the the game. Next year's DB class may not be as deep. Obviously this one was loaded. So Veach took advantage. Brilliant if that's the case.

Next year we'll draft Clark's replacement. Then when Clark leaves he'll be ready. Just my theory though.

Last edited by ThyKingdomCome15; 05-01-2022 at 12:58 AM..
ThyKingdomCome15 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThyKingdomCome15 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThyKingdomCome15 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThyKingdomCome15 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThyKingdomCome15 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThyKingdomCome15 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThyKingdomCome15 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThyKingdomCome15 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThyKingdomCome15 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThyKingdomCome15 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThyKingdomCome15 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2022, 12:55 AM   #138
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzzer99 View Post
I think this means HB is gone gone.
When they never offered him a contract I kinda figured that anyway. Dude was playing more like honey and less like badger towards the end. By the looks of some of these picks, Veach took that personal. It wasn't just HB either. Dirty Dan, Niemann, Hitchens, they all got soft.

(Of course hitting was never Niemann's game to begin with. He was a JAG who was often in the right spot mentally. Physically he never really had it. Boy he did lay a hit down on Jimmy G in SB54 though. That was his shining moment. Lol)
ThyKingdomCome15 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThyKingdomCome15 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThyKingdomCome15 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThyKingdomCome15 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThyKingdomCome15 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThyKingdomCome15 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThyKingdomCome15 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThyKingdomCome15 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThyKingdomCome15 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThyKingdomCome15 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThyKingdomCome15 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Old 05-01-2022, 06:11 AM   #139
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThyKingdomCome15 View Post
Veach may be looking into next year with some of these picks as well. It's been mentioned time and again they're not thrilled with what they've seen from Thornhill and Hardman. Their contracts are up after this year and Moore and Cook will have a year under their belts.

Fenton is in the C. Ward category. If he puts together a healthy season and plays like he did last year then he may be looking at a hefty pay raise. We just drafted several corners that have the physical profile. If they have the brain to go with it Fenton as well as Baker will be gone. (Baker just isn't very good. Let's be honest.)

I think Veach is simply staying ahead of the the game. Next year's DB class may not be as deep. Obviously this one was loaded. So Veach took advantage. Brilliant if that's the case.

Next year we'll draft Clark's replacement. Then when Clark leaves he'll be ready. Just my theory though.
I could be wrong but isn’t Cook more of a Sorensen replacement (box safety type) than a Thornhill replacement?
louie aguiar Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.louie aguiar Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.louie aguiar Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.louie aguiar Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.louie aguiar Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.louie aguiar Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.louie aguiar Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.louie aguiar Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.louie aguiar Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.louie aguiar Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.louie aguiar Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 05-01-2022, 06:40 AM   #140
Starter

I think Bryan Cook is a great player, and probably a good pick. But was anyone else disappointed that we didn't take any of Jelani Woods, Travis Jones, Alex Wright, Greg Dulcich, Jalen Tolbert, Rachaad White, and DeMarvin Neal? They were all still available and we could've still picked up a solid safety in Markquese Bell in the 7th, who is baller af.
kozzman555 is not part of the Right 53.kozzman555 is not part of the Right 53.kozzman555 is not part of the Right 53.kozzman555 is not part of the Right 53.kozzman555 is not part of the Right 53.kozzman555 is not part of the Right 53.kozzman555 is not part of the Right 53.kozzman555 is not part of the Right 53.kozzman555 is not part of the Right 53.kozzman555 is not part of the Right 53.kozzman555 is not part of the Right 53.
Old 05-01-2022, 07:00 AM   #141
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by louie aguiar View Post
I could be wrong but isn’t Cook more of a Sorensen replacement (box safety type) than a Thornhill replacement?
This year he certainly is. I watched some of his games and he did it all in CIN. They moved him all over. He excels in whatever he's doing. Just one heck of an all around football player. You can't have too many guys like him. So if they resign Thornhill that's fine. Dude can play anywhere.
Old 05-01-2022, 03:47 PM   #142
PLAY GOOD FOOTBALL

I hope I'm wrong but this guy just reminds me of a less talented Bernard Pollard.
L.A. Chieffan is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.L.A. Chieffan is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.L.A. Chieffan is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.L.A. Chieffan is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.L.A. Chieffan is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.L.A. Chieffan is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.L.A. Chieffan is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.L.A. Chieffan is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.L.A. Chieffan is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.L.A. Chieffan is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.L.A. Chieffan is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old 05-01-2022, 03:58 PM   #143
Andy Reid Supporter

This makes me feel a bit better about him. Hoping he can cover TE’s

Quote:
2. He has experience against the pass and the run.
Cook is a true hybrid player who garnered experience in coverage and as a run-defender at Cincinnati. In fact, his snap counts last season were split almost exactly down the middle. He recorded 451 snaps in coverage, where he forced the ninth-most incompletions among all safeties (7), and 444 snaps against the run, tallying the eighth-most run stops (25) of any safety.
He was one of only four defensive backs in the FBS to tally 95+ tackles and 10+ passes defensed in 2021.

3. Cook is a sure tackler. The man rarely misses.
The 6-foot-1, 206-pound Cook wraps up the ball-carrier when given the opportunity. Here's what PFF wrote about Cook's abilities as a tackler:
"Cook is one of the most assignment-sure safeties and won't be missing many tackles. He whiffed only seven times on 100 attempts in 2021."
The Athletic's Dane Brugler also had this to add about Cook's tackling proficiency:
"Physical, but dependable tackling mechanics with his ability to settle his feet and wrap finish…High batting average as a tackler in one-on-one situations."
https://www.chiefs.com/news/five-thi...yROWCrj65hkWn8

Also a former corner. If he can cover TE’s at a decent level that would be a huge win for us
RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-01-2022, 04:03 PM   #144
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kozzman555 View Post
I think Bryan Cook is a great player, and probably a good pick. But was anyone else disappointed that we didn't take any of Jelani Woods, Travis Jones, Alex Wright, Greg Dulcich, Jalen Tolbert, Rachaad White, and DeMarvin Neal? They were all still available and we could've still picked up a solid safety in Markquese Bell in the 7th, who is baller af.
Yep, only pick I was kinda frustrated by because I wanted Jones. Think that was by far the value pick. Cook is good but I think Cross will be better.
JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2022, 04:05 PM   #145
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunKC View Post
This makes me feel a bit better about him. Hoping he can cover TE’s

https://www.chiefs.com/news/five-thi...yROWCrj65hkWn8

Also a former corner. If he can cover TE’s at a decent level that would be a huge win for us
The people that have said this guy can’t cover clearly have not watched him play at all.
staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-01-2022, 06:14 PM   #146
MVP

I 1010% disagree that there was a better safety on the board when Cook was picked. There wasn't one even close. Nick Cross? Please. No. If Cook runs, I can say pretty confidently he would have gone over Brisker who went at 48 because Cook is better in coverage and a far better tackler. As for Cross, Cook is just a far more consistent player in all facets. Cross is a nice risk-reward type that you take in the late 3rd but he's just not on Cook's level yet.

The only two players I thought could have been near splooge-worthy selections would have been Cam Thomas and Travis Jones. Thomas was assuredly within striking distance if Veach wanted to move from 103 to 85 or 86 by swinging the 5th he got in the trade down in 2. It's apparent Veach didn't value either enough to do it.
kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 05-02-2022, 11:23 AM   #147
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kccrow View Post
I 1010% disagree that there was a better safety on the board when Cook was picked. There wasn't one even close. Nick Cross? Please. No. If Cook runs, I can say pretty confidently he would have gone over Brisker who went at 48 because Cook is better in coverage and a far better tackler. As for Cross, Cook is just a far more consistent player in all facets. Cross is a nice risk-reward type that you take in the late 3rd but he's just not on Cook's level yet.

The only two players I thought could have been near splooge-worthy selections would have been Cam Thomas and Travis Jones. Thomas was assuredly within striking distance if Veach wanted to move from 103 to 85 or 86 by swinging the 5th he got in the trade down in 2. It's apparent Veach didn't value either enough to do it.
On reflection you could be right re Cross. He's definitely more of a projection, ditto Joseph, and I could be miles off on both. But unless Cook goes VERY well in those speed drills he isn't going ahead of Brisker, and to be honest from their tape I don't see he's quicker than Cross or Joseph. Better? Quite possibly. In any case my main gripe was not going for T. Jones at that pick. Cam Thomas, not too fussed, but Jones seemed perfect at that point.
Old 05-02-2022, 11:31 AM   #148
11-5, baby

Travis Jones looks like a discount Jordan Davis.

Would have been a nice add.
Skyy God is obviously part of the inner Circle.Skyy God is obviously part of the inner Circle.Skyy God is obviously part of the inner Circle.Skyy God is obviously part of the inner Circle.Skyy God is obviously part of the inner Circle.Skyy God is obviously part of the inner Circle.Skyy God is obviously part of the inner Circle.Skyy God is obviously part of the inner Circle.Skyy God is obviously part of the inner Circle.Skyy God is obviously part of the inner Circle.Skyy God is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-02-2022, 12:52 PM   #149
Veteran

Player Comp: Michael Strahan

wachashi must have mowed badgirl's lawn.wachashi must have mowed badgirl's lawn.wachashi must have mowed badgirl's lawn.wachashi must have mowed badgirl's lawn.wachashi must have mowed badgirl's lawn.wachashi must have mowed badgirl's lawn.wachashi must have mowed badgirl's lawn.wachashi must have mowed badgirl's lawn.wachashi must have mowed badgirl's lawn.wachashi must have mowed badgirl's lawn.wachashi must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
Old 05-02-2022, 01:15 PM   #150
Baba Ganoush

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.