Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room > Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 04-25-2022, 12:40 PM  
In Search of a Life

Final 4 Round Mock Draft

29. George Karlaftis, EDGE, Purdue - The closer we get, the more it feels like Karlaftis will be on the board when the Chiefs pick. I find it hard to believe they would pass him up too, like some are predicting, but I’m going to guess that they wouldn’t.

30. Boye Mafe, EDGE, Minnesota - Mafe would be a great compliment to Karlaftis. The Chiefs can feel much better about the position with a high ceiling guy to go with their high floor pick at 30.

50. DeMarvin Leal, DT, Texas A&M - When Leal was still getting 1st round buzz, I thought it was a little overrated, but if he makes it to 50, which is right around his consensus, I’m all for this pick. High upside pass rusher on the interior. You’ve completely rejuvenated your DL group with the first 3 picks, and can now focus on other needs.

62. John Metchie lll, WR, Alabama - This might take a slight trade up, but I’m willing to make it happen either way. Metchie is a perfect fit for this offense, and should be able to contribute down the stretch this season.

94. Nick Cross, S, Maryland - The Chiefs will be taking a safety at some point, and round 3 feels like a sweet spot. Great athlete that might allow you to let Thornhill walk next season if he gets a huge pay day after a career contract year.

103. Zyon McCollum, CB, Sam Houston State - Would anybody he surprised to see the Chiefs wait till the middle of the draft to take a corner? I know I wouldn’t be. They’re probably expecting Bradberry to be cut, and will go with a h/w/s guy like Sneed again.

121. Erik Ezukanma, WR, Texas Tech - He’s already been working out with Mahomes a bit in Texas. After going with a guy like Matchie, a bigger X type makes a lot of sense in the 4th. I think the Chiefs will be taking 2 WRs for sure.

135. Jake Ferguson, TE, Wisconsin - just like last year, the Chiefs take a TE that is eerily similar to Kelce in terms of skill set. Obviously, Ferguson won’t be Kelce either, but I think he’s better than Gray though.
staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-25-2022, 01:52 PM   #16
offense > defense

GRAND SLAM

I'm so down with revamping a position group, especially with extra draft capital. Turn a weakness to a potential strength, just like OL last year.

I'd even be down to do it at DB. People would shit a brick, but there's so much upside to it.
CupidStunt is too fat/Omaha.CupidStunt is too fat/Omaha.CupidStunt is too fat/Omaha.CupidStunt is too fat/Omaha.CupidStunt is too fat/Omaha.CupidStunt is too fat/Omaha.CupidStunt is too fat/Omaha.CupidStunt is too fat/Omaha.CupidStunt is too fat/Omaha.CupidStunt is too fat/Omaha.CupidStunt is too fat/Omaha.
Old 04-25-2022, 01:56 PM   #17
MVP

Cross posting but Karlaftis could be there.

Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 04-25-2022, 02:23 PM   #18
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

I don't see Calvin Austin in there anywhere.

I'm guessing that's a typo?
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-25-2022, 02:27 PM   #19
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
I don't see Calvin Austin in there anywhere.

I'm guessing that's a typo?

I thought long and hard about Metchie vs. Austin there.
staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-25-2022, 02:37 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by staylor26 View Post

I thought long and hard about Metchie vs. Austin there.
I’d take Metchie as well.

But if Austin is there at the Cross pick (who you know I like from the CP mock), I’d take Austin and take my chances at S.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-25-2022, 02:39 PM   #21

Ultimately I’d be pleased with that return. I’d rather see a CB at the Mafe pick with Williams instead of Leal, but that’s just minor quibbles and mostly because I think there will be a really good CB prospect there.

But it sure seems like Veach is hard up for Mafe so it’s hard to go wrong with that pick in a ‘call your shot’ thread.
Old 04-25-2022, 03:29 PM   #22
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
Ultimately I’d be pleased with that return. I’d rather see a CB at the Mafe pick with Williams instead of Leal, but that’s just minor quibbles and mostly because I think there will be a really good CB prospect there.

But it sure seems like Veach is hard up for Mafe so it’s hard to go wrong with that pick in a ‘call your shot’ thread.
That would be my preference as well, but my final mock is always predictive as opposed to what I would do.
Old 04-25-2022, 03:33 PM   #23
Fan since 1997

I would use the Leal pick on a guy like Pitre instead.
Chieftain must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Chieftain must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Chieftain must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Chieftain must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Chieftain must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Chieftain must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Chieftain must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Chieftain must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Chieftain must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Chieftain must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Chieftain must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 1     Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2022, 04:00 PM   #24
In Search of a Life

Decent chance that I make a couple changes between now and Thursday.

We shall see.
Old 04-25-2022, 06:41 PM   #25
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatfishBob2 View Post
This draft is perfectly fine with me.

I'm not sure what Ferguson is. But I don't want another Kelce when he's gone. Give me a big target that blocks well with decent athleticism that catches everything.
Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-25-2022, 06:57 PM   #26
MVP

I do like it quite a bit.

I do get you're trying to align more with what you think Veach will do, but I'd be tempted to sub either CB Kyler Gordon for Mafe at 30 and then take a guy like Williams at 94 as a 2nd pass rusher that you don't need to have as a starter this year.

As much as I like Pitre, or Cross, or a bunch of other safeties this year, I think I would take a stab at safety late as I really don't see it as a huge need. I agree about eyes on the future but its also a pretty easy position to fill.
kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2022, 08:12 PM   #27
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatfishBob2 View Post
This draft is perfectly fine with me.

I'm not sure what Ferguson is. But I don't want another Kelce when he's gone. Give me a big target that blocks well with decent athleticism that catches everything.
You don’t want arguably the best TE in NFL history?? Wtf?
louie aguiar Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.louie aguiar Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.louie aguiar Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.louie aguiar Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.louie aguiar Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.louie aguiar Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.louie aguiar Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.louie aguiar Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.louie aguiar Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.louie aguiar Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.louie aguiar Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 04-25-2022, 08:21 PM   #28
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Meck View Post
What I'm saying isn't as crazy as it sounds. I'll take the complete mismatch Kelce is all day everyday and twice on Sunday. I just don't think you find another TE thats as savvy before and after the catch. Less than that is just another receiving TE to me. The mold I prefer is a Gronkowski type mold that can block their ass of but is also a receiving threat and redzone monster. I thought the OP was great, I was just nitpicking
CatfishBob2 is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.CatfishBob2 is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.CatfishBob2 is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.CatfishBob2 is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.CatfishBob2 is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.CatfishBob2 is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.CatfishBob2 is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.
Old 04-25-2022, 09:36 PM   #29
MVP

Are you sure you aren't a 49er fan
Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 04-26-2022, 01:54 AM   #30
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by staylor26 View Post
29. George Karlaftis, EDGE, Purdue - The closer we get, the more it feels like Karlaftis will be on the board when the Chiefs pick. I find it hard to believe they would pass him up too, like some are predicting, but I’m going to guess that they wouldn’t.

30. Boye Mafe, EDGE, Minnesota - Mafe would be a great compliment to Karlaftis. The Chiefs can feel much better about the position with a high ceiling guy to go with their high floor pick at 30.

50. DeMarvin Leal, DT, Texas A&M - When Leal was still getting 1st round buzz, I thought it was a little overrated, but if he makes it to 50, which is right around his consensus, I’m all for this pick. High upside pass rusher on the interior. You’ve completely rejuvenated your DL group with the first 3 picks, and can now focus on other needs.

62. John Metchie lll, WR, Alabama - This might take a slight trade up, but I’m willing to make it happen either way. Metchie is a perfect fit for this offense, and should be able to contribute down the stretch this season.

94. Nick Cross, S, Maryland - The Chiefs will be taking a safety at some point, and round 3 feels like a sweet spot. Great athlete that might allow you to let Thornhill walk next season if he gets a huge pay day after a career contract year.

103. Zyon McCollum, CB, Sam Houston State - Would anybody he surprised to see the Chiefs wait till the middle of the draft to take a corner? I know I wouldn’t be. They’re probably expecting Bradberry to be cut, and will go with a h/w/s guy like Sneed again.

121. Erik Ezukanma, WR, Texas Tech - He’s already been working out with Mahomes a bit in Texas. After going with a guy like Matchie, a bigger X type makes a lot of sense in the 4th. I think the Chiefs will be taking 2 WRs for sure.

135. Jake Ferguson, TE, Wisconsin - just like last year, the Chiefs take a TE that is eerily similar to Kelce in terms of skill set. Obviously, Ferguson won’t be Kelce either, but I think he’s better than Gray though.
I'm not sure how many guys are available at these positions. I love the Karlaftis and Cross picks but are they there? If we got Karlaftis I'm probably going CB or WR at 30, as a few others have said, but I don't HATE the double dip at DE.

Not hugely high on Leal but decent at 50. As mentioned I like Cross and McCollum at those picks and Metchie. I might go OT at 135.

I like it, but I'm probably prioritising CB and WR a little more than you.
JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.