Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room > Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 04-20-2022, 06:31 PM  
MVP

Most Realistic Chiefs' Mock

Give me your absolute best guess at what you think the Chiefs will do with their 12 draft picks. I'm looking for what you feel Veach will do... trades, players, etc.

I'm not looking for who you want the Chiefs to draft. I've seen every iteration of that. A short one-liner of why you think each pick makes a lot of sense would be sensational.

If you do trades, please at least reference this Trade Value Chart
kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 04-22-2022, 05:46 AM   #46
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by kccrow View Post
Here's my stab at what Veach will actually do:

1-6. ER Kayvon Thibodeaux, Oregon (KC trades 1-29, 1-30, 3-94 to CAR for 1-6)
Here's what we know, when it comes to fixing an issue Veach is incredibly aggressive. So with that, I fully believe that Veach acquired draft capital in order to go get an upper-tier pass rusher in this draft. From a pure pass rush standpoint, there's probably not a better player in this draft than Thibodeaux. If his demeanor truly has rubbed some teams the wrong way, he's going to be a value outside of the top 3. Carolina is a perfect trade partner in the top 10 as they lack picks and they are outside the division and conference. I think Veach can work both Carolina's need for picks and Thibodeaux's potential devaluation to make a move and secure a top edge.

2-50. CB Tariq Woolen, UTSA
After losing Ward, CB is a legitimately enormous need for KC that's being extremely underplayed. We've caught wind of the Chiefs looking at a ton of late-round corners but not many early on. I believe, though, KC is taking one much earlier than expected and they did have a pre-draft virtual with Woolen. Woolen has only played CB for two years but he's got special tools. Being 6'4" with a 42" vertical and 4.26 speed is special, but he's also shown extremely smooth hips and especially for his size. Getting a big, long corner again is probably on the docket and Woolen could be an absolute stud after a couple of seasons. This is Veach's 2022 big-dick swing at traits like he's made in the past with guys like Willie Gay and Mecole Hardman.

2-62. WR John Metchie III, Alabama
Metchie is every bit as good as, if not better than, Jahan Dotson who is regarded as a late 1st rounder. Metchie tore his ACL later in the season so may not make much of an impact in 2022 but KC really doesn't need him to be a playmaker right now. Metchie can learn the playbook and come back ready to secure a starting role in 2023.

3-103. WR Erik Ezukanma, Texas Tech
Ezukanma is a very intriguing WR and the Chiefs didn't have him in for a visit for nothing. He's got some major upside that was held back by subpar QB play during his career. He's got a lot of JuJu in him and could easily be a late-day-two selection that far exceeds his stock.

4-121. RB Rachaad White, Arizona State
The Chiefs have no doubt at least been looking at RBs and the one thing that pops for me looking at the core stable they have is that they lost the speed and pass-catching element they had with Jerick McKinnon. I think their visit with White was very telling in that they want more from the position long-term. The signing of Jones to a 1-year deal means they aren't satisfied with just CEH either (at least in my mind).

4-135. OT Kellen Diesch, Arizona State
The Chiefs were looking at Diesch early on and his ability in the passing game is no doubt intriguing. I don't love his shorter arms at tackle but it hasn't seemed to be a problem yet. I think that Veach is going to tend to go back towards a bit more athleticism on the perimeter OLine.

6-200. TE Lucas Krull, Pittsburgh (KC trades 7-233, 7-243 to NE for 6-200)
The Chiefs have seemed intent on looking at adding another TE and Krull definitely fits as a nice project to work with. He's solid as a receiver and has time to develop behind Kelce. I think his passion is a definite plus, and so is the fact he's a local kid.

7-251. CB Samuel Womack, Toledo
Womack is a guy that you look at primarily as a nickel corner but the Chiefs are lacking in that area a bit with the free-agent losses of Tyrann Mathieu and Mike Hughes. Womack isn't likely physical enough as a tackler to make a move to free safety but he is disruptive as a corner with a tone of PBUs and he has the agility to play in the slot.

7-259. S Nasir Greer, Wake Forest
Providing his medicals were in line during his top-30 visit, I can see Greer as the type of player Veach would take a swing at late. Greer looked like an elite player in the making early in his career before a torn ACL took him out in 2020 which was followed by a very down and inconsistent year in 2021 where he didn't look 100% back. The Chiefs don't have a standout need at S this season.
Other than a corner in the 2nd, which would be VERY out of character for Veach, I like this draft just fine although I would probably swap out a couple of names-like Pickens or Pierce for Metchie. Veach has just shown that he doesn't value the CB position (especially boundary corner) all that much and would prefer to bargain shop vets and mid to low round picks.
Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-22-2022, 08:01 AM   #47
Veteran

Looking at our roster, I don’t understand how so many at chiefsplanet are ok with low ceiling wrs with our current roster of wrs. We have 3 solid wrs. Are guys like Moore, Tolbert, or pickens gonna get much playing time? We need a high ceiling wr like burks or watson. At least burks & watson could fill the gadget role at an elite level. The defense needs players with that solid ability level that many of y’all are proposing using draft level capital for at wr. We need a top de and top wr and depth and solid players across our defense. Fill the depth for next year at wr in the 4th or 7th with developmental guys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightfyre View Post
Alright. The chiefs have 38 roster locks and 8 bubble players by my estimate.
QB: Mahomes, Buechle, Henne (0 need)
RB: Helaire, Jones, Williams, Gore, Burton (0 need)
WR: Scantling, Smith-Schuster, Hardman, (bubble: Gordon, Dieter, Fountain) (need 2-3, only MVS is on contract next year)
TE: Kelce, Gray, Fortson, Bell (0 need)
OT: Brown, Wylie, Niang, (bubble: Wanogho) (need 1)
IOL: Humphrey, Smith, Thuney, Router, Allegretti (0 need)
DE: Clark, Danna (bubble: Kaindoh) (need 2-3, Clark gone after this year.)
DT: Jones, Nnadi, Saunders, Wharton (need 1)
LB: Bolton, Gay (bubble: Harris) (need 2-3)
CB: Sneed, Fenton (bubble: Baker, Barcoo) (need 2-3)
S: Reid, Thornhill (bubble: Bush) (need 1-2)
ST: Butker, Townsend, Winchester

Overall this means that the Chiefs need to add 11-16 players to compete for roster spots between the draft and PFAs.

To compete for starting positions, the chiefs need 1 DE, 1 WR, 1 LB, 1 DT, and 1 CB. 1 S is also critically important.
kcbubb < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.kcbubb < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.kcbubb < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.kcbubb < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.kcbubb < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.kcbubb < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.kcbubb < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.kcbubb < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.kcbubb < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.kcbubb < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.kcbubb < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.
Old 04-22-2022, 08:12 AM   #48
Tossed Salad & Scrambled Eggs

I could see Veach jumping to 10 for Jermaine Johnson.

I legitimately am expecting a trade up at this point. I think the two 1sts are burning a hole in his pocket.
Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-22-2022, 08:26 AM   #49
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante84 View Post

I legitimately am expecting a trade up at this point. I think the two 1sts are burning a hole in his pocket.
a trade up and a trade down with the two firsts isn't a bad plan.

I'd prefer to trade around like a madman and land like 6 picks in the second round, honestly; I think that's where the talent in this draft is.
Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2022, 08:34 AM   #50
Veteran

Round 1, 29: Boye Mafe, EDGE
Round 1, 30: Jahan Dotson, WR
Round 2, 50: Logan Hall, EDGE/DT
Round 2, 62: Roger McCreary, CB
Round 3, 94: Alec Pierce, WR
Round 3, 103: Bryan Cook, S
wachashi must have mowed badgirl's lawn.wachashi must have mowed badgirl's lawn.wachashi must have mowed badgirl's lawn.wachashi must have mowed badgirl's lawn.wachashi must have mowed badgirl's lawn.wachashi must have mowed badgirl's lawn.wachashi must have mowed badgirl's lawn.wachashi must have mowed badgirl's lawn.wachashi must have mowed badgirl's lawn.wachashi must have mowed badgirl's lawn.wachashi must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2022, 08:50 AM   #51
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by kccrow View Post
Here's my stab at what Veach will actually do:

1-6. ER Kayvon Thibodeaux, Oregon (KC trades 1-29, 1-30, 3-94 to CAR for 1-6)
Here's what we know, when it comes to fixing an issue Veach is incredibly aggressive. So with that, I fully believe that Veach acquired draft capital in order to go get an upper-tier pass rusher in this draft. From a pure pass rush standpoint, there's probably not a better player in this draft than Thibodeaux. If his demeanor truly has rubbed some teams the wrong way, he's going to be a value outside of the top 3. Carolina is a perfect trade partner in the top 10 as they lack picks and they are outside the division and conference. I think Veach can work both Carolina's need for picks and Thibodeaux's potential devaluation to make a move and secure a top edge.

I would never stop cumming
Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 04-22-2022, 09:51 AM   #52
Most Valuable Villain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Meck View Post
Other than a corner in the 2nd, which would be VERY out of character for Veach, I like this draft just fine although I would probably swap out a couple of names-like Pickens or Pierce for Metchie. Veach has just shown that he doesn't value the CB position (especially boundary corner) all that much and would prefer to bargain shop vets and mid to low round picks.
What exactly has been "in character" for Veach so far this offseason? He's basically gone completely opposite of what he's done since he took the job. I could see him drafting a CB in the first two rounds if there is one that he coveted.

Plus I forget which year it was but he wanted to go CB in the 2nd round but they all got taken before he could trade up for one.
The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-22-2022, 10:14 AM   #53
Needs more middle fingers

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Franchise View Post
I'm going to laugh if Veach trades up for a CB.
I don't understand why this would be a surprise at all.

I fully expect it to happen.
ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 3 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2022, 10:17 AM   #54
MVP

Quote:
What exactly has been "in character" for Veach so far this offseason? He's basically gone completely opposite of what he's done since he took the job. I could see him drafting a CB in the first two rounds if there is one that he coveted.

Plus I forget which year it was but he wanted to go CB in the 2nd round but they all got taken before he could trade up for one.
He was also still on the staff that took CB's in the 3rd round in 3 consecutive seasons and one in the 1st round. I don't know that it's not in play. He simply hasn't had to do it. He got tremendous value seasons out of the trade for Fuller and the FA acquisition of Breeland that allowed youth like Ward, Sneed, and Fenton to grow but now the cupboard is a bit barer. We'll have to see. I put nothing past Veach, honestly.
kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 04-22-2022, 10:18 AM   #55
Most Valuable Villain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detoxing View Post
I don't understand why this would be a surprise at all.

I fully expect it to happen.
Because people are still stuck on "Veach doesn't value CB highly". He's never had the chance to be able to grab one. We reportedly were in on Gladney in the 1st but got sniped and then he got sniped in the 2nd, I think it was 2019, for CBs that he liked.
The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-22-2022, 10:24 AM   #56
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante84 View Post

I think its the second and thirds burning the hole. With people saying the meat of this draft is 40-80 or whatever the narrative is, i think he is going to try to take advantage of a gm who thinks the same and try to get 2 first round picks in.
Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old 04-22-2022, 10:30 AM   #57
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Because people are still stuck on "Veach doesn't value CB highly". He's never had the chance to be able to grab one. We reportedly were in on Gladney in the 1st but got sniped and then he got sniped in the 2nd, I think it was 2019, for CBs that he liked.
What corner are you really going to trade up for? I don't think any of them are worth going after aggressively.

You use Gladney as an example but Bert wasn't motivated to flip any picks to land him.
BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old 04-22-2022, 10:31 AM   #58
In Search of a Life

Stingley
O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-22-2022, 10:34 AM   #59
Most Valuable Villain

Quote:
Originally Posted by BryanBusby View Post
What corner are you really going to trade up for? I don't think any of them are worth going after aggressively.

You use Gladney as an example but Bert wasn't motivated to flip any picks to land him.
I don't mean trading up very far. I could see 4-5 spots to grab one of the guys like Booth or Elam.
Old 04-22-2022, 11:30 AM   #60
In Search of a Life

Quote:
I don't mean trading up very far. I could see 4-5 spots to grab one of the guys like Booth or Elam.
Maybe Veach is more thirsty now but not sure that I agree.
BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.