Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room > Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum

Old 04-20-2022, 06:31 PM  
MVP

Most Realistic Chiefs' Mock

Give me your absolute best guess at what you think the Chiefs will do with their 12 draft picks. I'm looking for what you feel Veach will do... trades, players, etc.

I'm not looking for who you want the Chiefs to draft. I've seen every iteration of that. A short one-liner of why you think each pick makes a lot of sense would be sensational.

If you do trades, please at least reference this Trade Value Chart
kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 04-21-2022, 02:08 PM   #31
In Search of a Life

Yea, Booth is a no brainer if he’s there.

I don’t think he gets by the Bills at 25 though.
staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-21-2022, 02:10 PM   #32
Most Valuable Villain

I'm going to laugh if Veach trades up for a CB.
The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2022, 02:10 PM   #33
Needs more middle fingers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiimosabi View Post
Surely you mean your #1 target at CB where we're picking and not the #1 CB in the draft
Well...there's Sauce. After that I think it's debatable and comes down to preference.
ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-21-2022, 02:13 PM   #34
MVP

Guys I think are better than Booth:

Derek Stingley Jr.
Ahmad Gardner
Trent McDuffie
Roger McCreary

I'm sure this will get a facepalm from someone but I don't like how Booth gets burned by quick receivers
Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 04-21-2022, 02:14 PM   #35
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
Expound.

Above average height, arm length and strength. Will play physical and is a fluid athlete. Extremely versatile coming from a major program as a top recruit who was asked to do everything. Good ball skills, willing tackler (perhaps too aggressive at time). Excellent intelligence and a hot motor.

I honestly can't see a single thing Spags wouldn't like about this guy. He's almost built in a lab for what we'd want to do.
Physically he is fine yeah but Clemson corners worry be a bit.
TambaBerry 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.TambaBerry 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.TambaBerry 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.TambaBerry 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.TambaBerry 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.TambaBerry 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.TambaBerry 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.TambaBerry 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.TambaBerry 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.TambaBerry 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.TambaBerry 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 04-21-2022, 02:21 PM   #36
Needs more middle fingers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiimosabi View Post
Guys I think are better than Booth:

Derek Stingley Jr. -Debateable
Ahmad Gardner
Trent McDuffie -Disagree
Roger McCreary -Disagree

I'm sure this will get a facepalm from someone but I don't like how Booth gets burned by quick receivers
IMO
ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-21-2022, 02:34 PM   #37
MVP

If Derek's lisfranc injury isn't a problem it isn't remotely debateable.

Not remotely.

Quote:
One of the most complete CBs to come out in years. Amazing tracking ability in man coverage, especially for someone his size. Lisfranc surgery is the big question mark. Usually career debilitating but if he overcomes it he's the best player in the draft. Also questions about effort displayed while LSU was losing.
Thoughts on the other two: yeah it's opinion. I just kind of like their write-ups more

Trent McDuffie

Quote:
One of the best players in the draft if just average athletically. Constantly sticks to his receiver, great in the run game, can tackle in the open field, and has an okay jump ball. Much improved from freshman season. Doesn't pick passes and doesn't really look for them. Probably won't get away with fighting big receivers in the NFL like he does in college.
Roger McCreary
Quote:
Man corner in Georgia's scheme. As long as the routes outside he dominates. Plays tiny when he has to go inside and lets receivers beat him in hand fights on the line. Incredibly aggressive. Always around the football. Might get punished at the next level because he's just an average athlete and Georgia's front seven gave him a lot of coverage picks.

I read this about Booth and it worried me:

Quote:
Former top recruit that shouldn't play as bad as he does. Constantly burned by quick WRs. Great back pedal but Clemson plays him almost 10 yards off the line with help over the top. Great closing speed for underneath zone coverage. Can also easily cover go routes. Might be moved to free safety despite having the athleticism to be a lockdown corner.
I'm not really interested in a guy that they are already talking about moving to safety.
Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 04-21-2022, 02:43 PM   #38
MVP

Yep the way Clemson uses their CBs always worries me when it comes to playing man to man.
TambaBerry 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.TambaBerry 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.TambaBerry 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.TambaBerry 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.TambaBerry 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.TambaBerry 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.TambaBerry 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.TambaBerry 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.TambaBerry 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.TambaBerry 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.TambaBerry 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 04-21-2022, 02:43 PM   #39
In Search of a Life

Maybe you shouldn’t take one single person’s evaluation as gospel, especially a minor note in that evaluation.
staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-21-2022, 02:45 PM   #40
MVP

Just presenting an alternative since we all keep falling in love with players.

I did it with Christian Watson earlier.

This is a high floor low ceiling draft anyway and most guys have question marks
Old 04-21-2022, 02:49 PM   #41
In Search of a Life

Wouldn't **** with Stingley. Not a fan of someone who quits because they got burnt.
BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2022, 06:37 PM   #42
In Mahomes I trust!

Quote:
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho View Post
Fun exercise.

29. Treylon Burks, WR, Arkansas. Slim pickings at edge in this run, at least for this draft slot. Burks gives KC another super-sized WR, and one who can be a real weapon after the catch.

30 -----> to Detroit (30, 135 for 34, 97, which is 1 point off in value on the Hill chart)

34. Jalen Pitre, S, Baylor. Still not loving the EDGE values (Mafe was off the board at 22 in this run), I move on to a different player who fits in perfectly with the Chiefs' defense. Pitre will be the nickel corner and gives KC safety flexibility in 23+ should KC not retain Juan Thornhill.

50 -----> to Seattle (50, 121, 243 for 41. This is -4 for Seattle on the Hill but close enough to roll with)

41. Arnold Ebiketie, DE, Penn State. Finally make an EDGE move and get a good athlete with the potential to grow into a more complete player. I do like his twitchy athleticism, and his arm length makes up for being a little shorter than a typical Chiefs DE).

62. Kingsley Enagbare, DE, South Carolina. Enagbare is not an overwhelming athlete, but he wins contests and is versatile. He gives me a strongside pairing for Ebiketie long-term.

94. Jalen Tolbert, WR, South Alabama. Tolbert is a smooth receiver who gives you a little bit of everything, and I can't avoid the double-dip to keep rebuilding the room.

97. Bryan Cook, S, Cincinnati. With Pitre in the fold, this might seem like an unnecessary move, but Cook gives KC a physical, true SS sort and someone who is a major upgrade as the subpackage dime safety.

103. Matt Waletzko, T, North Dakota. Looking around for a developmental T, Waletzko pops out over more mentioned prospects like Rasheed Walker and Zach Tom because of his length (36" arms). Potential long-term RT answer. I take him and groan inwardly at passing on Jeremy Ruckert, TE, and some great CB options (McCollum, Armour-Davis, Bryant).

7.233 ----> (233, 243 for 210. Neutral on TV chart)

210. Sam Webb, CB, Missouri Western. Come on, now. You didn't think Veach was just going to hang out the whole rest of this, did you? He comes back up to grab a really athletic developmental CB prospect.

And that's it.

KC reinforces the WR and DE spots with guys who can contribute right away and adds some legit star potential to that room. Pitre gives them the flexibility needed at DB to continue shopping in the bargain bin for CBs and trying to develop its way forward.

With the way the board fell, it didn't make sense to move up for a DE in the first, and I don't believe KC will do that for a WR, ultimately.
I actually see where you are going with this and I like it! Smart and well thought out without selling next years picks! Great job!
Stryker threw an interception on a screen pass.Stryker threw an interception on a screen pass.Stryker threw an interception on a screen pass.Stryker threw an interception on a screen pass.Stryker threw an interception on a screen pass.Stryker threw an interception on a screen pass.Stryker threw an interception on a screen pass.Stryker threw an interception on a screen pass.Stryker threw an interception on a screen pass.Stryker threw an interception on a screen pass.Stryker threw an interception on a screen pass.
Old 04-22-2022, 02:01 AM   #43
MVP

Here's my stab at what Veach will actually do:

1-6. ER Kayvon Thibodeaux, Oregon (KC trades 1-29, 1-30, 3-94 to CAR for 1-6)
Here's what we know, when it comes to fixing an issue Veach is incredibly aggressive. So with that, I fully believe that Veach acquired draft capital in order to go get an upper-tier pass rusher in this draft. From a pure pass rush standpoint, there's probably not a better player in this draft than Thibodeaux. If his demeanor truly has rubbed some teams the wrong way, he's going to be a value outside of the top 3. Carolina is a perfect trade partner in the top 10 as they lack picks and they are outside the division and conference. I think Veach can work both Carolina's need for picks and Thibodeaux's potential devaluation to make a move and secure a top edge.

2-50. CB Tariq Woolen, UTSA
After losing Ward, CB is a legitimately enormous need for KC that's being extremely underplayed. We've caught wind of the Chiefs looking at a ton of late-round corners but not many early on. I believe, though, KC is taking one much earlier than expected and they did have a pre-draft virtual with Woolen. Woolen has only played CB for two years but he's got special tools. Being 6'4" with a 42" vertical and 4.26 speed is special, but he's also shown extremely smooth hips and especially for his size. Getting a big, long corner again is probably on the docket and Woolen could be an absolute stud after a couple of seasons. This is Veach's 2022 big-dick swing at traits like he's made in the past with guys like Willie Gay and Mecole Hardman.

2-62. WR John Metchie III, Alabama
Metchie is every bit as good as, if not better than, Jahan Dotson who is regarded as a late 1st rounder. Metchie tore his ACL later in the season so may not make much of an impact in 2022 but KC really doesn't need him to be a playmaker right now. Metchie can learn the playbook and come back ready to secure a starting role in 2023.

3-103. WR Erik Ezukanma, Texas Tech
Ezukanma is a very intriguing WR and the Chiefs didn't have him in for a visit for nothing. He's got some major upside that was held back by subpar QB play during his career. He's got a lot of JuJu in him and could easily be a late-day-two selection that far exceeds his stock.

4-121. RB Rachaad White, Arizona State
The Chiefs have no doubt at least been looking at RBs and the one thing that pops for me looking at the core stable they have is that they lost the speed and pass-catching element they had with Jerick McKinnon. I think their visit with White was very telling in that they want more from the position long-term. The signing of Jones to a 1-year deal means they aren't satisfied with just CEH either (at least in my mind).

4-135. OT Kellen Diesch, Arizona State
The Chiefs were looking at Diesch early on and his ability in the passing game is no doubt intriguing. I don't love his shorter arms at tackle but it hasn't seemed to be a problem yet. I think that Veach is going to tend to go back towards a bit more athleticism on the perimeter OLine.

6-200. TE Lucas Krull, Pittsburgh (KC trades 7-233, 7-243 to NE for 6-200)
The Chiefs have seemed intent on looking at adding another TE and Krull definitely fits as a nice project to work with. He's solid as a receiver and has time to develop behind Kelce. I think his passion is a definite plus, and so is the fact he's a local kid.

7-251. CB Samuel Womack, Toledo
Womack is a guy that you look at primarily as a nickel corner but the Chiefs are lacking in that area a bit with the free-agent losses of Tyrann Mathieu and Mike Hughes. Womack isn't likely physical enough as a tackler to make a move to free safety but he is disruptive as a corner with a tone of PBUs and he has the agility to play in the slot.

7-259. S Nasir Greer, Wake Forest
Providing his medicals were in line during his top-30 visit, I can see Greer as the type of player Veach would take a swing at late. Greer looked like an elite player in the making early in his career before a torn ACL took him out in 2020 which was followed by a very down and inconsistent year in 2021 where he didn't look 100% back. The Chiefs don't have a standout need at S this season.
kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 04-22-2022, 05:31 AM   #44
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by kccrow View Post
Here's my stab at what Veach will actually do:

1-6. ER Kayvon Thibodeaux, Oregon (KC trades 1-29, 1-30, 3-94 to CAR for 1-6)
Here's what we know, when it comes to fixing an issue Veach is incredibly aggressive. So with that, I fully believe that Veach acquired draft capital in order to go get an upper-tier pass rusher in this draft. From a pure pass rush standpoint, there's probably not a better player in this draft than Thibodeaux. If his demeanor truly has rubbed some teams the wrong way, he's going to be a value outside of the top 3. Carolina is a perfect trade partner in the top 10 as they lack picks and they are outside the division and conference. I think Veach can work both Carolina's need for picks and Thibodeaux's potential devaluation to make a move and secure a top edge.

2-50. CB Tariq Woolen, UTSA
After losing Ward, CB is a legitimately enormous need for KC that's being extremely underplayed. We've caught wind of the Chiefs looking at a ton of late-round corners but not many early on. I believe, though, KC is taking one much earlier than expected and they did have a pre-draft virtual with Woolen. Woolen has only played CB for two years but he's got special tools. Being 6'4" with a 42" vertical and 4.26 speed is special, but he's also shown extremely smooth hips and especially for his size. Getting a big, long corner again is probably on the docket and Woolen could be an absolute stud after a couple of seasons. This is Veach's 2022 big-dick swing at traits like he's made in the past with guys like Willie Gay and Mecole Hardman.

2-62. WR John Metchie III, Alabama
Metchie is every bit as good as, if not better than, Jahan Dotson who is regarded as a late 1st rounder. Metchie tore his ACL later in the season so may not make much of an impact in 2022 but KC really doesn't need him to be a playmaker right now. Metchie can learn the playbook and come back ready to secure a starting role in 2023.

3-103. WR Erik Ezukanma, Texas Tech
Ezukanma is a very intriguing WR and the Chiefs didn't have him in for a visit for nothing. He's got some major upside that was held back by subpar QB play during his career. He's got a lot of JuJu in him and could easily be a late-day-two selection that far exceeds his stock.

4-121. RB Rachaad White, Arizona State
The Chiefs have no doubt at least been looking at RBs and the one thing that pops for me looking at the core stable they have is that they lost the speed and pass-catching element they had with Jerick McKinnon. I think their visit with White was very telling in that they want more from the position long-term. The signing of Jones to a 1-year deal means they aren't satisfied with just CEH either (at least in my mind).

4-135. OT Kellen Diesch, Arizona State
The Chiefs were looking at Diesch early on and his ability in the passing game is no doubt intriguing. I don't love his shorter arms at tackle but it hasn't seemed to be a problem yet. I think that Veach is going to tend to go back towards a bit more athleticism on the perimeter OLine.

6-200. TE Lucas Krull, Pittsburgh (KC trades 7-233, 7-243 to NE for 6-200)
The Chiefs have seemed intent on looking at adding another TE and Krull definitely fits as a nice project to work with. He's solid as a receiver and has time to develop behind Kelce. I think his passion is a definite plus, and so is the fact he's a local kid.

7-251. CB Samuel Womack, Toledo
Womack is a guy that you look at primarily as a nickel corner but the Chiefs are lacking in that area a bit with the free-agent losses of Tyrann Mathieu and Mike Hughes. Womack isn't likely physical enough as a tackler to make a move to free safety but he is disruptive as a corner with a tone of PBUs and he has the agility to play in the slot.

7-259. S Nasir Greer, Wake Forest
Providing his medicals were in line during his top-30 visit, I can see Greer as the type of player Veach would take a swing at late. Greer looked like an elite player in the making early in his career before a torn ACL took him out in 2020 which was followed by a very down and inconsistent year in 2021 where he didn't look 100% back. The Chiefs don't have a standout need at S this season.
Would love to see this ultra-aggressive move from Veach! Love the Metchie and Diesch picks.
Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.
Old 04-22-2022, 05:42 AM   #45
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Franchise View Post
I'm going to laugh if Veach trades up for a CB.
I'll laugh too, because it would mean that past tendencies mean nothing and I have no idea what Veach is thinking.
Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.