Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room > Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum

Old 04-20-2022, 06:31 PM  
MVP

Most Realistic Chiefs' Mock

Give me your absolute best guess at what you think the Chiefs will do with their 12 draft picks. I'm looking for what you feel Veach will do... trades, players, etc.

I'm not looking for who you want the Chiefs to draft. I've seen every iteration of that. A short one-liner of why you think each pick makes a lot of sense would be sensational.

If you do trades, please at least reference this Trade Value Chart
kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 04-20-2022, 09:17 PM   #2
M-I-Z-Z-O-U

Fun exercise.

29. Treylon Burks, WR, Arkansas. Slim pickings at edge in this run, at least for this draft slot. Burks gives KC another super-sized WR, and one who can be a real weapon after the catch.

30 -----> to Detroit (30, 135 for 34, 97, which is 1 point off in value on the Hill chart)

34. Jalen Pitre, S, Baylor. Still not loving the EDGE values (Mafe was off the board at 22 in this run), I move on to a different player who fits in perfectly with the Chiefs' defense. Pitre will be the nickel corner and gives KC safety flexibility in 23+ should KC not retain Juan Thornhill.

50 -----> to Seattle (50, 121, 243 for 41. This is -4 for Seattle on the Hill but close enough to roll with)

41. Arnold Ebiketie, DE, Penn State. Finally make an EDGE move and get a good athlete with the potential to grow into a more complete player. I do like his twitchy athleticism, and his arm length makes up for being a little shorter than a typical Chiefs DE).

62. Kingsley Enagbare, DE, South Carolina. Enagbare is not an overwhelming athlete, but he wins contests and is versatile. He gives me a strongside pairing for Ebiketie long-term.

94. Jalen Tolbert, WR, South Alabama. Tolbert is a smooth receiver who gives you a little bit of everything, and I can't avoid the double-dip to keep rebuilding the room.

97. Bryan Cook, S, Cincinnati. With Pitre in the fold, this might seem like an unnecessary move, but Cook gives KC a physical, true SS sort and someone who is a major upgrade as the subpackage dime safety.

103. Matt Waletzko, T, North Dakota. Looking around for a developmental T, Waletzko pops out over more mentioned prospects like Rasheed Walker and Zach Tom because of his length (36" arms). Potential long-term RT answer. I take him and groan inwardly at passing on Jeremy Ruckert, TE, and some great CB options (McCollum, Armour-Davis, Bryant).

7.233 ----> (233, 243 for 210. Neutral on TV chart)

210. Sam Webb, CB, Missouri Western. Come on, now. You didn't think Veach was just going to hang out the whole rest of this, did you? He comes back up to grab a really athletic developmental CB prospect.

And that's it.

KC reinforces the WR and DE spots with guys who can contribute right away and adds some legit star potential to that room. Pitre gives them the flexibility needed at DB to continue shopping in the bargain bin for CBs and trying to develop its way forward.

With the way the board fell, it didn't make sense to move up for a DE in the first, and I don't believe KC will do that for a WR, ultimately.
duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 3 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2022, 10:01 PM   #3
Veteran

I made this list without seeing what Duncan had posted -

No trades

Draft: (1-29) WR Treylon Burks, Arkansas
Draft: (1-30) S Daxton Hill, Michigan
Draft: (2-50) DE Cameron Thomas, San Diego State (Boye Mafe if still available at 50)
Draft: (2-62) CB/PR Marcus Jones, Houston (Use on slot)
Draft: (3-94) OT Kellen Diesch, Arizona State
Draft: (3c -103) TE Jelani Woods
Draft: (4-121) RB Rachaad White, Arizona State
Draft: (4-135) LB Malcom Rodriguez, Oklahoma State
Draft: (7-233) OL Austin Deculus, LSU Practice Squad
Draft: (7-243) DT Noah Elliss, Idaho Practice Squad
Draft: (7-251) CB Sam Webb, Missouri Western State, Practice Squad
Draft: (7-259) DE Adam Anderson, Georgia, Await Legal
Wilson8 would the whole thing.Wilson8 would the whole thing.Wilson8 would the whole thing.Wilson8 would the whole thing.Wilson8 would the whole thing.Wilson8 would the whole thing.Wilson8 would the whole thing.Wilson8 would the whole thing.Wilson8 would the whole thing.Wilson8 would the whole thing.Wilson8 would the whole thing.
Old 04-20-2022, 10:10 PM   #4
Veteran

No extra WR, but TE Jelani Woods and RB Rachaad White could really contribute to our receiving group.

CB Marcus Jones not very big but he can match up with speedy quick receivers.
Wilson8 would the whole thing.Wilson8 would the whole thing.Wilson8 would the whole thing.Wilson8 would the whole thing.Wilson8 would the whole thing.Wilson8 would the whole thing.Wilson8 would the whole thing.Wilson8 would the whole thing.Wilson8 would the whole thing.Wilson8 would the whole thing.Wilson8 would the whole thing.
Old 04-21-2022, 03:43 AM   #5
offense > defense

I have no idea, but I'd bet against the grain. Everyone is so locked in on WR and DE. I'll say they jump up a handful of slots and draft a DT, and go DB early as well.

So I guess I'll say Wyatt. IDK the DB. Hill is long gone IMO.
CupidStunt is too fat/Omaha.CupidStunt is too fat/Omaha.CupidStunt is too fat/Omaha.CupidStunt is too fat/Omaha.CupidStunt is too fat/Omaha.CupidStunt is too fat/Omaha.CupidStunt is too fat/Omaha.CupidStunt is too fat/Omaha.CupidStunt is too fat/Omaha.CupidStunt is too fat/Omaha.CupidStunt is too fat/Omaha.
Old 04-21-2022, 06:13 AM   #6
MVP

One thing to think about-

Andy's offense is notoriously difficult for rookies. Now, are we going to do some things differently this season since we have only Mecole as a system vet? Maybe. But I would think it's possible that we'd only draft one WR high expecting some immediate production in any given year. I'd love to double dip, myself, but I don't know. Probably both wouldn't play much unless one had a lot of KR/PR potential.
Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-21-2022, 06:34 AM   #7
M-I-Z-Z-O-U

Quote:
Originally Posted by CupidStunt View Post
I have no idea, but I'd bet against the grain. Everyone is so locked in on WR and DE. I'll say they jump up a handful of slots and draft a DT, and go DB early as well.

So I guess I'll say Wyatt. IDK the DB. Hill is long gone IMO.

Wyatt is likely off a lot of boards because he has 4 separate domestic violence incidents from college. I wouldn’t be surprised to see him slide late into day 2.
duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-21-2022, 09:07 AM   #8
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho View Post
Wyatt is likely off a lot of boards because he has 4 separate domestic violence incidents from college. I wouldn’t be surprised to see him slide late into day 2.
If he slid to 62, that would be amazing (assuming his interviews don't reveal him to be a psychopath). If you grab the best S, Edge, and WR with 29, 30, and 50, then Wyatt at 62, I'm like an 8 yr old on Christmas Eve. Take 2 CBs in the 3rd, and your vacations for the next five years will probably be in February.

I won't be surprised if we are all wrong on our mocks, but there will be an exciting, big infusion of talent next week.
Woogieman is not part of the Right 53.Woogieman is not part of the Right 53.Woogieman is not part of the Right 53.Woogieman is not part of the Right 53.Woogieman is not part of the Right 53.Woogieman is not part of the Right 53.Woogieman is not part of the Right 53.Woogieman is not part of the Right 53.Woogieman is not part of the Right 53.Woogieman is not part of the Right 53.Woogieman is not part of the Right 53.
Old 04-21-2022, 09:12 AM   #9
MVP

round one: Burks, Mafe
round two: Pierce, Thomas
Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2022, 09:15 AM   #10
M-I-Z-Z-O-U

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woogieman View Post
If he slid to 62, that would be amazing (assuming his interviews don't reveal him to be a psychopath). If you grab the best S, Edge, and WR with 29, 30, and 50, then Wyatt at 62, I'm like an 8 yr old on Christmas Eve. Take 2 CBs in the 3rd, and your vacations for the next five years will probably be in February.

I won't be surprised if we are all wrong on our mocks, but there will be an exciting, big infusion of talent next week.
I would be nervous. He has 4 separate incidents and I believe they were 4 different women.

I've learned to give a little more grace and not assume when it comes to that, so I would trust the team if they draft him... but I'd be waiting for the other shoe to drop as long as he was a Chief.
Thumbs Up 0 Thumbs Down 1     Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2022, 09:27 AM   #11
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho View Post
I would be nervous. He has 4 separate incidents and I believe they were 4 different women.

I've learned to give a little more grace and not assume when it comes to that, so I would trust the team if they draft him... but I'd be waiting for the other shoe to drop as long as he was a Chief.
...which typically occurs week 15 after getting a lot of RoY hype. When in college and after, I did a lot of bartending at places frequented by pro football players. From what I witnessed, many of these O and D linemen simply came into the spotlight with NO game with the ladies (or with anyone else for that matter!) due to their size/weight as young men. Many of them were not able to develop a healthy relationships/rapport w/ decent looking girls that have suddenly started falling in their laps, and when they get played/dropped, they handle it very poorly and in the only ay they have learned: anger, intimidation, even violence. I don't know the first thing about him, but I've seen enough down at the Lake, at the Plaza, and other places...
Woogieman is not part of the Right 53.Woogieman is not part of the Right 53.Woogieman is not part of the Right 53.Woogieman is not part of the Right 53.Woogieman is not part of the Right 53.Woogieman is not part of the Right 53.Woogieman is not part of the Right 53.Woogieman is not part of the Right 53.Woogieman is not part of the Right 53.Woogieman is not part of the Right 53.Woogieman is not part of the Right 53.
Old 04-21-2022, 01:06 PM   #12
MVP

Alright. The chiefs have 38 roster locks and 8 bubble players by my estimate.
QB: Mahomes, Buechle, Henne (0 need)
RB: Helaire, Jones, Williams, Gore, Burton (0 need)
WR: Scantling, Smith-Schuster, Hardman, (bubble: Gordon, Dieter, Fountain) (need 2-3, only MVS is on contract next year)
TE: Kelce, Gray, Fortson, Bell (0 need)
OT: Brown, Wylie, Niang, (bubble: Wanogho) (need 1)
IOL: Humphrey, Smith, Thuney, Router, Allegretti (0 need)
DE: Clark, Danna (bubble: Kaindoh) (need 2-3, Clark gone after this year.)
DT: Jones, Nnadi, Saunders, Wharton (need 1)
LB: Bolton, Gay (bubble: Harris) (need 2-3)
CB: Sneed, Fenton (bubble: Baker, Barcoo) (need 2-3)
S: Reid, Thornhill (bubble: Bush) (need 1-2)
ST: Butker, Townsend, Winchester

Overall this means that the Chiefs need to add 11-16 players to compete for roster spots between the draft and PFAs.

To compete for starting positions, the chiefs need 1 DE, 1 WR, 1 LB, 1 DT, and 1 CB. 1 S is also critically important.

To meet these needs, the chiefs should, in my opinion, emphasize acquiring early second round picks.

In my scenario:
The chiefs trade 29 to SEA for 40, 72
The chiefs trade 30, 62, and 2023R3 to NYJ for 35, 38

35: Arnold Ebiketie
38: Travis Jones
40: Logan Hall
50: George Pickens
72: Tariq Woolen
94: Bryan Cook
103: Zyon McCollum
121: Braxton Jones
135: Brandon Smith
233: Damone Clark
243: Jeremiah Gemmell
251: Markquese Bell
259: Isaiah Weston

I will update with reasoning later tonight, but I look forward to your critiques.

Last edited by Nightfyre; 04-21-2022 at 01:27 PM..
Nightfyre has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Nightfyre has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Nightfyre has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Nightfyre has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Nightfyre has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Nightfyre has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Nightfyre has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Nightfyre has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Nightfyre has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Nightfyre has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Nightfyre has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old 04-21-2022, 01:11 PM   #13
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightfyre View Post
In my scenario:
The chiefs trade 29 to SEA for 40, 72
The chiefs trade 30, 62, and 2023R3 to NYJ for 35, 38

35: Arnold Ebiketie
38: Travis Jones
40: Logan Hall
50: George Pickens
72: Tariq Woolen
103: Zyon McCollum
121: Braxton Jones
135: Brandon Smith
233: Damone Clark
243: Jeremiah Gemmell
251: Markquese Bell
259: Isaiah Weston

I will update with reasoning later tonight, but I look forward to your critiques.
Interested in the reasoning as we still have 6 picks in the first 103 in the above scenario, yet we're light a 3rd rounder next year. And I don't see anyone in your 4 second round picks that wouldn't be available using 29 and 30. Moved back to move back up basically?
blake5676 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelliblake5676 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelliblake5676 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelliblake5676 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelliblake5676 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelliblake5676 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelliblake5676 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelliblake5676 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelliblake5676 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelliblake5676 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelliblake5676 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Old 04-21-2022, 01:12 PM   #14
MVP

I don't think we get a WR in the first unless we trade up.

Take a DE and DB and then get Christian Watson in the 2nd.
Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2022, 01:24 PM   #15
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by blake5676 View Post
Interested in the reasoning as we still have 6 picks in the first 103 in the above scenario, yet we're light a 3rd rounder next year. And I don't see anyone in your 4 second round picks that wouldn't be available using 29 and 30. Moved back to move back up basically?
Added pick 72, and moved up to 38 from 62 to acquire an additional starting caliber player.

Also I apparently left out pick 94. I will add it, selecting Bryan Cook. Thank you for the good catch.
Nightfyre has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Nightfyre has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Nightfyre has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Nightfyre has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Nightfyre has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Nightfyre has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Nightfyre has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Nightfyre has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Nightfyre has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Nightfyre has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Nightfyre has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.