Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room > Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 04-20-2022, 06:26 PM  
MVP

Guess the Oddest 1st Round Picks

Every year teams make you scratch your head and it changes the entire complexity of the first round and the draft as a whole.

What do you think happens this year?

Travon Walker over Aidan Hutchinson at #1?
Drake London to Detroit at #2?

I'd love to get your takes on who and why.
kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 04-25-2022, 10:41 PM   #31
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Couch-Potato View Post
ESPN claiming Walker is a lock for #1 now
A very Trent Baalke thing to do. He's a major traits guy.
kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 04-25-2022, 10:45 PM   #32
MVP

ESPN said nothing of the sort. All they said was that he moved into the number one wagering position for first pick nothing about a lock
Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 04-27-2022, 10:17 PM   #33
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiimosabi View Post
ESPN said nothing of the sort. All they said was that he moved into the number one wagering position for first pick nothing about a lock
Fair enough, this is what was said:

Let's start off with a big one. All the intel I've gathered points to Georgia edge rusher Travon Walker -- not Michigan defensive end Aidan Hutchinson -- as the No. 1 overall pick for the Jaguars. The belief around the league is Jacksonville prefers the upside and traits of Walker over the proven production, motor and leadership that Hutchinson brings to the table. And it is nearly a lock that one of them will come off the board first.

EDITOR'S PICKS

NFL Draft Day Predictor: Which teams could trade up? Which prospect might sneak into Round 1?
3dSeth Walder

NFL draft buzz notebook: Where will the QBs go? Plus, favorite Day 3 sleepers and more
5dJordan Reid and Matt Miller

Kiper & McShay's NFL draft mailbag: Answering 10 questions on teams on the move, surprise first-rounders, more
6dMel Kiper Jr. and Todd McShay
Nearly all the execs, scouts and coaches that I spoke with would personally take Hutchinson at No. 1 if it were them, though. Hutchinson is so technically efficient off the edge, and he is relentless in getting to the QB. He had 14 sacks, 15.5 tackles for loss and 64 pressures last season. That's elite, and many teams prefer that kind of proven impact. But Walker's versatility, length, speed, explosion and strength could be the difference for the Jaguars. Execs around the NFL tell me Jacksonville just loves his upside, even though Walker (six sacks and 29 pressures) didn't fill the stat sheet like Hutchinson did in 2021.
Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.
Old 05-05-2022, 04:22 PM   #34
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

I believe the answer here was Cole Strange...
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-05-2022, 08:28 PM   #35
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
No doubt. That said, I was listening to a GM (I think it was a GM), might have been Veach, that said that Strange would have gone in the next 10-12 picks. Apparently, the league had him valued much higher than the media. The same GM did say Thornton was a guy they felt would have been there two rounds later.
Old 05-05-2022, 08:36 PM   #36
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by kccrow View Post
No doubt. That said, I was listening to a GM (I think it was a GM), might have been Veach, that said that Strange would have gone in the next 10-12 picks. Apparently, the league had him valued much higher than the media. The same GM did say Thornton was a guy they felt would have been there two rounds later.
I heard someone say he wouldn’t have made it out of the second.

I didn’t hear that bight, though. That’s just so strange to me. In a draft where if you were an OT who might needs some developing you might as well have not shown up until day 3, what got IOL pushed up so many boards?

I thought there were some really solid PT prospects still kicking around as late as the 6th but they were largely ignored. But there’s a run on top 50 interior linemen?
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-05-2022, 08:55 PM   #37
MVP

I think because of the last couple of classes of tackles, there weren't as many teams looking at dire need situations there. That said, there were plenty of teams that really needed to get better on the interior offensive line. There also weren't that many quality LT prospects after the top 4 guys (Cross, Neal, Ekwonu, Penning). I mean, Smith, who I thought was a bit of a reach is one but he just needs a lot of technique work so maybe mid season starter as a tackle. Petit-Frere, Raimann, Brax Jones, and maybe Burford are it and they all need some development. After Smith, I'd say all but Raimann could be two years away from being able to start.

I don't know if there was much of an abnormal run on interior Oline. I mean, 3 guards and a center in 1 and they all went in the 2nd half of the round. I think Tyler Smith is an OT that may play guard early as he learns. Little mini run the same way in the late 2nd.
Old 05-07-2022, 10:49 AM   #38
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
Let's just list New England's whole draft. Very creative or very strange.

New England Patriots 2022 NFL Draft Picks:

Round 1: No. 29 (from KC via SF via MIA) – Cole Strange, G, Chattanooga

Round 2: No. 50 (from KC via MIA) – Tyquan Thornton, WR, Baylor

Round 3: No. 85 – Marcus Jones, CB, Houston

Round 4: No. 121 (from KC via MIA) – Jack Jones, CB, Arizona State

Round 4: No. 127 – Pierre Strong Jr., RB, South Dakota State

Round 4: No. 137 (from LAR via HOU via CAR) – Bailey Zappe, QB, Western Kentucky

Round 6: No. 183 (from HOU) – Kevin Harris, RB, South Carolina

Round 6: No. 200 – Sam Roberts, DT, Northwest Missouri State

Round 6: No. 210 (from LAR) – Chasen Hines, G, LSU

Round 7: No. 245 (from HOU via DAL) – Andrew Stueber, G, Michigan
Wilson8 would the whole thing.Wilson8 would the whole thing.Wilson8 would the whole thing.Wilson8 would the whole thing.Wilson8 would the whole thing.Wilson8 would the whole thing.Wilson8 would the whole thing.Wilson8 would the whole thing.Wilson8 would the whole thing.Wilson8 would the whole thing.Wilson8 would the whole thing.
Old 05-07-2022, 10:55 AM   #39
Veteran

Chiefs need to give a big thank you to New England though. Without them we would not have been able to do what we did in the draft.
Wilson8 would the whole thing.Wilson8 would the whole thing.Wilson8 would the whole thing.Wilson8 would the whole thing.Wilson8 would the whole thing.Wilson8 would the whole thing.Wilson8 would the whole thing.Wilson8 would the whole thing.Wilson8 would the whole thing.Wilson8 would the whole thing.Wilson8 would the whole thing.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2022, 05:26 PM   #40
Live free or die hard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante84 View Post
Christian Watson top 20 would be wild if someone falls in love.
I was always a Green Bay proxy fan. (think of it as checking out a hot chick's ass when your wife with you) and still would like to see a Super Bowl rematch between those two teams but Christian piqued my interest to see what he can do in the NFL.

It's like Tony Gonzales meets Randy Moss.
Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.