Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room > Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 03-23-2022, 07:52 PM  
Inmem 2.0

Skyy Moore

The #Chiefs, I’m told, are highly intrigued by Skyy Moore, the Western Michigan standout who had a tremendous combine performance.

Personally not impressed by him at all
Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-02-2022, 09:28 AM   #121
Needs more middle fingers

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunKC View Post
Mecole got 700 yards as a schemed player taking shovel passes for TD’s. He also had the benefit of being on a team with prime Tyreek and Kelce, not to mention some games with Sammy. That makes life so much easier when you’re facing the 3rd corner 1v1 in schemed plays.

Skyy won’t get that luxury. Tyreek and Sammy are gone and Kelce is entering his declining years. It’s a different world for him. So yeah 700 yards would be more impressive given the circumstances.

It also says a lot that the Chiefs brass pretty much shit all over Mecole without saying his name after drafting this kid to replace him.
The lame excuses and bullshit have already started and it's only been a few days.
ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-02-2022, 09:29 AM   #122

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
It starts....

Beat me to it.
ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-02-2022, 09:30 AM   #123
MVP

Quote:
Yup.

Because we're headed down Frank Clark road.

If Moore gets 60 receptions for 700 yards, the handjobs will be wet and frequent. Because somehow running quick hitters underneath zones is not a 'gadget player' whereas anything Hardman does will be.

And when he gets that 60 receptions for 700 yards, I'll get called out because I'm a hater when in fact I think that's probably a pretty reasonable prediction.
60 for 700 would be phenomenal as a rookie because it would far exceed what you get from most 2nd round receivers. :P

If he's doing that in his 3rd year, then that might not be where you want him to be but it's still on par with what you'd expect from a late 2nd round WR.

As a prospect, he's insanely more polished than Mecole Hardman in every conceivable way. Based on the skills he brings to the table, he not only has a pretty high floor but the ceiling is also pretty high too. Because of that, I expect more from him than Mecole and I look to the fact that it has been done by similar players, with similar traits, even from the same conference. Guys like Tyler Lockett, Golden Tate, and Antonio Brown give me that confidence in him.

If he does only reach that 60 for 700 plateau? I can't say I'll be disappointed. That's more than reasonable production from his draft slot, regardless of how Alec Pierce, Tyquan Thornton, and George Pickens turn out. That's precisely why I don't bag on Mecole Hardman like so many around here do. He's an adequate receiver for where he was drafted. There were others I liked more and thought had better upside but that doesn't make Mecole a bad player.
kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 05-02-2022, 09:33 AM   #124
In Search of a Life

We talked about not spending money on WR's now (as they didn't with Hill) because Mahomes makes money and they need him to make good WR's better.

Well, this seems like the ideal situation. You've got a high floor guy. Raise his floor Patrick.
O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-02-2022, 09:35 AM   #125
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by kccrow View Post
60 for 700 would be phenomenal as a rookie because it would far exceed what you get from most 2nd round receivers. :P

If he's doing that in his 3rd year, then that might not be where you want him to be but it's still on par with what you'd expect from a late 2nd round WR.

If he does only reach that 60 for 700 plateau? I can't say I'll be disappointed. That's more than reasonable production from his draft slot, regardless of how Alec Pierce, Tyquan Thornton, and George Pickens turn out. That's precisely why I don't bag on Mecole Hardman like so many around here do. He's an adequate receiver for where he was drafted. There were others I liked more and thought had better upside but that doesn't make Mecole a bad player.
I don't disagree.

60/700 wouldn't be disappointing. If he's out there at 45/500 though, that's an issue. If only because I believe immediate productivity and a shorter learning curve is what drove the pick. And if he comes out of the chute with that production, that doesn't speak well to his long-term prognosis.

Honestly, even 60/700 suggests he's not much more than a WR3 long-term, though. I don't see hardly any projection in the kid. But again - it's a second round pick. You get legit WR3 production for 4 years from him and it's a clear win.

Whereas a guy like Hardman, we KNEW would need a ton of work. We knew that guy was super raw.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-02-2022, 09:50 AM   #126
Andy Reid Supporter

Quote:
We just took a day 3 pick like DAT in the 2nd round.

Just like we took DAT in the 2nd round.

History repeats itself.

But I'm sure the 5'9'' dude with the sub-standard 3-cone time is just gonna go out there wrecking man coverage and won't have to be schemed into space.

Like I said - Frank Clark road. We're gonna keep watering down expectations. Literally an hour ago he was possibly the best WR in the class and a future #1. Now 700 yards is cool.

Seen this movie many many times.
I’d argue that you guys are pulling the Frank Clark talk here by saying Mecole’s 700 yards are impressive. We could have picked up an Albert Wilson type as an undrafted FA to do that role. Production is good for a 2nd rd pick but let’s be honest here: a schemed TD bc of a secondary lapse due to 2 HOF’s and Watkins garnering attention is the same as a DE getting a sack due to a free rush due to the tackle forgetting to block him bc Aaron Donald is right there inside.

Mecole being impressive is the same as saying Frank Clark can set the edge. Let’s be honest here: it’s not. And that’s why they drafted this kid.

You notice Mecole is like Frank? 2019 was his best year and it’s gone down hill ever since. They just can’t figure out what to do with this guy except be a gadget player who gets his passes in the backfield.

I think 700 yards and 7 TD’s is excellent for a rookie no matter who it is. Tyreek, Mecole and DeSean Jackson didn’t even do that.
RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-02-2022, 09:58 AM   #127

If you think Mecole's most impressive year was 2019, I'm not sure how to respond to that.

Hardman was a genuine weapon last season, especially down the stretch. And again, Hardman has plays on his tape that nobody but a select few guys in the league can make. The TD down the sideline or on the jump pass against the Titans are plays that very VERY few people have the afterburners to pull off.

Yes, sometimes he has to be schemed into positions to succeed - but when we do that, he makes more yards out of those plays than most.

And again, if you think Skyy Moore is just going to go out there running basic route trees and killing man corners, you're gonna be real disappointed. We're going to have to scheme up plays for Moore as well. That's not a man-beater. And in the end that's why he'll spend most of the season as a gadget WR4 who may ascend to WR3 by season's end or in the case of injury.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-02-2022, 10:15 AM   #128

Quote:
And again, if you think Skyy Moore is just going to go out there running basic route trees and killing man corners, you're gonna be real disappointed. We're going to have to scheme up plays for Moore as well.
This.

Which is why all the excuses about how "Hardman's yards were different" will be so cringe to read when those excuses start rolling in.
Old 05-02-2022, 10:15 AM   #129

Quote:

Hardman was a genuine weapon last season, especially down the stretch. And again, Hardman has plays on his tape that nobody but a select few guys in the league can make. The TD down the sideline or on the jump pass against the Titans are plays that very VERY few people have the afterburners to pull off.
This too.
Old 05-02-2022, 10:20 AM   #130

And you can't call it a Frank Clark comparison because I didn't even like the Hardman pick.

I've never been predisposed to defend the guy or make excuses for him. I'm just willing to acknowledge that he's been a pretty damn productive player for us.

And again, I think Moore can be similarly productive but schemed open in different ways. The distinction is that I'd ultimately end up equally lukewarm on both guys. Whereas some, many of whom shit on the Hardman pick to this day, will consider it a home run acquisition for Moore.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2022, 12:01 PM   #131
Andy Reid Supporter

Quote:
If you think Mecole's most impressive year was 2019, I'm not sure how to respond to that.

Yes, sometimes he has to be schemed into positions to succeed - but when we do that, he makes more yards out of those plays than most.

And again, if you think Skyy Moore is just going to go out there running basic route trees and killing man corners, you're gonna be real disappointed. We're going to have to scheme up plays for Moore as well. That's not a man-beater. And in the end that's why he'll spend most of the season as a gadget WR4 who may ascend to WR3 by season's end or in the case of injury.
Hardman was a weapon, but not as a WR. He was a gadget player. I see his highlights and last year was a culmination of screens, dump off passes behind the LOS, jet sweeps and short catches for YAC. He wasn’t a WR guys.

He’s absolutely in Frank Clark territory bc like Frank he sometimes does his job well. Not anywhere near often enough. Sometimes he’s getting downfield and running a capable route. But he’s more-so ****ing up.

Be honest guys. Hardman can’t run routes, he can’t block we’ll and he isn’t reliable and he makes a lot of mental errors. He’s an overdrafted version of Isaiah McKenzie who Andy utilizes well. That’s great for a day 3 pick, but 2nd rd? Not good.

Mecole isn’t trusted. Andy didn’t trust him. You could sure as hell see Patrick couldn’t trust him. Are we forgetting that he got benched for Pringle just 6 months ago? In week 10 at Las Vegas his snap count was half of what it was at any point to that game and Pringle took those snaps. The following week against Dallas his snap count was cut in half again to only 12 snaps. Then after a bye week he had a new low of 9 snaps against the Broncos.
Then the following week he got benched on ST’s for Mike Hughes. He didn’t play a single ST’s snap that whole game for the first time in his career.

Andy said this on Mecole on 12/6:

“Sometimes it works out that way. We still have a lot of trust in Mecole, and other weeks it will be higher. It’s just the way it worked out. Sometimes those things happen,” Reid said on Monday, December 6.

Hoo boy. That’s very similar to what Andy said last month about Frank Clark. Your “weapon” doesn’t get his snaps cut for a month like that guys. He was in the dog house. Just like Frank.

And then we draft Skyy Moore. So who the hell do you think they are referring to here with this tweet? Sure as hell wasn’t Tyreek. I don’t think it was Pringle. Robinson wasn’t good but they trusted him a lot more than Hardman.

It’s Hardman they’re talking about guys. Follow the tea leaves. Listen to what they are telling you

RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-02-2022, 12:09 PM   #132
Andy Reid Supporter

DJ’s right though about Andy scheming Skyy open. He’ll try to do that for everyone.

I think Skyy Moore is gonna be our Nick Bolton pick this year. Even I was on the fence about Bolton’s poor lateral agility but look at what he did in his first year compared to a high ceiling prospect in Willie Gay? Bolton just knew how to play football and was a genuine ass kicker that we all loved as the year went on.

I think you’ll see that with Skyy Moore. I think you’re gonna be surprised DJ.
Old 05-02-2022, 12:37 PM   #133
MVP

I think the important question is... Can Sky Moore be your #1 WR in 2023?
Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.
Old 05-02-2022, 02:33 PM   #134

Quote:
Originally Posted by Couch-Potato View Post
I think the important question is... Can Sky Moore be your #1 WR in 2023?
If he's ever your WR, your WR room will suck, IMO.

I don't doubt he can someday be a solid complementary WR. And again, it could happen as early as this season.

But I don't see anything to suggest you can have a halfway decent WR corps with that guy leading it. This is not a 1,200 yard receiver, IMO.
Old 05-02-2022, 02:51 PM   #135

Quote:
If he's ever your WR, your WR room will suck, IMO.

I don't doubt he can someday be a solid complementary WR. And again, it could happen as early as this season.

But I don't see anything to suggest you can have a halfway decent WR corps with that guy leading it. This is not a 1,200 yard receiver, IMO.
Even if he is a 1,200 yard receiver, it's going to be 1,200 yards the hard way.

I just don't understand this fan bases' 180 that's been taken this season.

This idea that Mahomes SHOULD be turning chicken shit into salad.

As if the the major burden of this team doesn't already run through Mahomes. This team is built on Mahomes, and our success is LARGELY dependent on Mahomes being amazing.

So why the **** are we trying to throw more on his plate by giving him lesser weapons to work with, like it's "the way it has to be?"

No, it doesn't have to be that way.

If Moore is your #1 receiver, then Mahomes is going to have to be excellent all the damn time.

One of these days i'll see Mahomes with some large radius WR's that can actually bail HIM out, rather than requiring pinpoint accurate passes right in the breadbox of 5-9" WR's.