Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room > Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 03-23-2022, 07:52 PM  
Inmem 2.0

Skyy Moore

The #Chiefs, I’m told, are highly intrigued by Skyy Moore, the Western Michigan standout who had a tremendous combine performance.

Personally not impressed by him at all
Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-02-2022, 08:32 AM   #91
In Search of a Life

I don't care if Hill's time is double Moore's, he's not at that level and I don't think using Hill as any kind of an example, matters.
O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-02-2022, 08:37 AM   #92
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunKC View Post
Wow dude. I don’t see why you don’t like him. And I’m not homering out bc he’s on our team. You know I’ve liked this guy for about 6 weeks.

I’d compare his athletic profile to Albert Wilson. He’s not as good laterally but he’s much better straight line with explosiveness.

I’m so sick and tired of us drafting these athletes that can’t play football. I’m tired of seeing Albert Wilson drop a lot of passes he should catch, I’m tired of watching Chris Conley and Byron Pringle struggle to beat DB’s bc they can’t sell routes and I’m definitely tired of Mecole Hardman not being about to run routes, make tough catches or win 1v1.

I’ve been begging this team to get a pure route runner who can catch. Begging! Bc if we’ve learned anything it’s that this teams athleticism means dick. Tyreek and Kelce are good bc they are elite athletes and do the little things like running routes/catching the ball well.

This kid has enormous hands which showed 3 drops on 125 targets. He’s got well above average speed at 4.41. His 10 yard is absolutely insane at 1.46 and he has long arms.

Guys. This team needs a Hunter Renfrow or Cooper Kupp badly. Renfrow had 1k yards and 9 TD’s last year with Carr ina year that Waller missed time, Agholor was gone and Ruggs got kicked off the team.

This kid can give us that. He’s a lot better than Renfrow but not at Cupp’s level. I’d say he’s somewhere in between the two.

And at 54 that’s some damn good value
Even money says he doesn't turn out better than Renfrow.

And Renfrow went in the 5th. I should goddamn hope he's better than him.

Again, guys like Moore go in the 3rd round every year. It's not 'good value' to take this kid at 54. And when you cite a guy like Renfrow, you establish exactly why. And again, this is the EXACT same thing people did when we took De'Anthony Thomas and people said "We need a Darren Sproles!" while ignoring that Sproles went in the 4th because most people with that kind of profile don't become anything approaching that kind of player.

In any other draft a slot receiver w/ good hands but no size and a limited athletic ceiling is a 3rd or 4th round pick. In this draft he SHOULD'VE been. 13 WRs going by pick 54 is ludicrous.

I don't like the pick because he didn't suddenly become larger or more dynamic. He's a safe pick who's not going to solve many problems for us. He's probably WR4 this year and if we continue to dedicate resources to the WR room going forward he probably caps at WR3.

That's not a bad return for a 2nd rounder, but there's just so little ceiling here and that's pretty much how we treated 2/3 of the picks in this draft.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2022, 08:39 AM   #93

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunKC View Post
You’re right but he has excellent athleticism.

4.41 is pretty damn fast. It’s not blazing but it’s fast. His 10 yard and 20 yard times are faster than Garrett Wilson, the top WR most analysts had on their board.

This team tried to get Emmanuel Sanders back then and his 40 time was the exact same 4.41. His 10 yard was amazing but actually slightly slower than Moore’s.

For reference, DK Metcalf had a 1.45 10 yard split which was the best since they logged the combine. Skyy Moore’s was 1.46.

There’s a reason this kid is really good against press. He’s sudden and his acceleration is elite. Tyreek Hill is explosive as hell. His 10 yard time was 1.50, slower than this kids.
Yeah - he's playing in the MAC.

Go ahead and cite Tyreek Hill's 10 yard split as demonstrative of Moore's explosion if you want. I'm going to say it's more demonstrative of the value of the statistic.

In no world, and in no way, is Moore anywhere approaching the athlete Tyreek Hill was. If you have a stopwatch that is telling you otherwise, the problem is the stopwatch or what you're measuring.

And again - De'Anthony Thomas: 4.34. With a better shuttle and significantly better 3-cone. Similarly poor broad, similarly poor vert. His athletic profile is EXTREMELY similar to De'Anthony Thomas. And I honestly wouldn't be shocked to see him used similarly in the passing game. And I hated how we used Thomas.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-02-2022, 08:39 AM   #94
MVP

He's more explosive off the line than Antonio Brown (who also played in the MAC) and otherwise relatively similar traits across the board. There isn't one mother****er on this board that wouldn't have taken Antonio Brown before he went nuts.

I'm not worried a bit about the athleticism. Not even a little.
kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 05-02-2022, 08:44 AM   #95

Quote:
Originally Posted by kccrow View Post
He's more explosive off the line than Antonio Brown (who also played in the MAC) and otherwise relatively similar traits across the board. There isn't one mother****er on this board that wouldn't have taken Antonio Brown before he went nuts.

I'm not worried a bit about the athleticism. Not even a little.
Gripping awfully tight when we're citing the one measurable he excelled in that also happens to say he's better than Antonio Brown and Tyreek Hill.

Okay. I'm sure that's how it's gonna play out.
Old 05-02-2022, 08:50 AM   #96
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
Gripping awfully tight when we're citing the one measurable he excelled in that also happens to say he's better than Antonio Brown and Tyreek Hill.

Okay. I'm sure that's how it's gonna play out.
I'm not clinging to the one stat. I'm pointing out the stupidity of 1) continually citing that he played in the ... oh my God, wait for it... MAC! when Antonio did too and 2) continually citing things like his size and athleticism when he's just as athletic as Antonio and similarly sized.

Neither of the points being presented, MAC competition or athleticism, are valid precursors to him sucking ass.

Do you know what IS a historical precursor to sucking ass, yet you keep banging Calvin Austin's drum? Being under 5'9" as a WR. And I don't even think Austin is going to suck ass, I think he'll be a quality slot receiver in the NFL if not better.

I honestly don't know why it is you don't like the kid, but there's nothing that shows up that I see as valid that says he's just going to suck.
kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 05-02-2022, 08:50 AM   #97
In Search of a Life

Again though, if he had the measurables you'd ideally want at WR even at his height, he's going in the first round right?
O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-02-2022, 08:51 AM   #98
In Search of a Life

Quote:
I'm not clinging to the one stat. I'm pointing out the stupidity of 1) continually citing that he played in the ... oh my God, wait for it... MAC! when Antonio did too and 2) continually citing things like his size and athleticism when he's just as athletic as Antonio and similarly sized.

Neither of the points being presented, MAC competition or athleticism, are valid precursors to him sucking ass.

Do you know what IS a historical precursor to sucking ass, yet you keep banging Calvin Austin's drum? Being under 5'9" as a WR. And I don't even think Austin is going to suck ass, I think he'll be a quality slot receiver in the NFL if not better.

I honestly don't know why it is you don't like the kid, but there's nothing that shows up that I see as valid that says he's just going to suck.
Brown is more outlier and went way later in the draft. I believe DJ's argument is more about the value of it than anything, but I don't wanna speak for him.
Old 05-02-2022, 08:52 AM   #99
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.city View Post
Again though, if he had the measurables you'd ideally want at WR even at his height, he's going in the first round right?
If he ran as fast as Tyreek, like everyone seemingly wants him to have given his size, he'd have been the first WR off the board. Not even close. If he did that and was 2-3 inches taller, he probably would be a top 5 pick. This is so silly to me.
Old 05-02-2022, 08:54 AM   #100
MVP

Quote:
Brown is more outlier and went way later in the draft. I believe DJ's argument is more about the value of it than anything, but I don't wanna speak for him.
Meh... even that doesn't even matter. His comp is continually Golden Tate who went at pick #60, played 11 years in the league, and had over 8,000 career yards, including a few 1k seasons.

Even if that is all he ever is, it was a great pick If you were told Tate were his floor and Brown were his ceiling, you'd be pretty happy I'd think.
Old 05-02-2022, 08:54 AM   #101

Quote:

I didn’t say he’s going to suck.

I said he’ll be a fine player in a limited role. Y’all are the ones saying he’s more explosive than Tyreek Hill and could be Antonio Brown.

I said he’s a third round talent pushed up by need in this draft class. You guys are saying he’s a potential #1 guy.

Quit trying to have the argument you want to have.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2022, 08:57 AM   #102

Quote:
My argument is we’re heading down Frank Clark road where folks said he was a potential DPOY and knocking down straw men before they started making excuses for him when he looked to be exactly the sort of overpay I thought he was.
Old 05-02-2022, 08:58 AM   #103
MVP

Quote:
I didn’t say he’s going to suck.

I said he’ll be a fine player in a limited role. Y’all are the ones saying he’s more explosive than Tyreek Hill and could be Antonio Brown.

I said he’s a third round talent pushed up by need in this draft class. You guys are saying he’s a potential #1 guy.

Quit trying to have the argument you want to have.
Fair enough, if that's what you think. The third round feels a little far-fetched given how he profiles. He definitely looks closer to a #1 than a limited role player. Now, Mecole Hardman, he's a guy that looked like a limited role player that was pushed up into the 2nd and should have been a 3rd because of his shortcomings as a route runner and somewhat suspect hands. That's not the case with this kid.
Old 05-02-2022, 08:59 AM   #104
Andy Reid Supporter

Quote:
Even money says he doesn't turn out better than Renfrow.

And Renfrow went in the 5th. I should goddamn hope he's better than him.

Again, guys like Moore go in the 3rd round every year. It's not 'good value' to take this kid at 54. And when you cite a guy like Renfrow, you establish exactly why. And again, this is the EXACT same thing people did when we took De'Anthony Thomas and people said "We need a Darren Sproles!" while ignoring that Sproles went in the 4th because most people with that kind of profile don't become anything approaching that kind of player.

In any other draft a slot receiver w/ good hands but no size and a limited athletic ceiling is a 3rd or 4th round pick. In this draft he SHOULD'VE been. 13 WRs going by pick 54 is ludicrous.

I don't like the pick because he didn't suddenly become larger or more dynamic. He's a safe pick who's not going to solve many problems for us. He's probably WR4 this year and if we continue to dedicate resources to the WR room going forward he probably caps at WR3.

That's not a bad return for a 2nd rounder, but there's just so little ceiling here and that's pretty much how we treated 2/3 of the picks in this draft.
That’s the problem though. The Chiefs draft these high ceiling insane athletes like Chris Conley and Mecole Hardman and they amount to total shit bc they have no idea how to actually play football. It was the same way with DeAnthony Thomas and Albert Wilson. We drafted returners with amazing athleticism and are shocked they can’t sell routes well. Only Tyreek Hill worked and a large part of that was him getting really good at his mechanics.

Having elite speed in this league is nothing if you can’t play football. Go ahead and look at guys from Darius Heyward-Bey to John Ross to Mecole Hardman. Everyone is fast. Everyone.

Kelce and Tyreek win bc of their speed and their mechanics. Their routes are sold very well, their hands are good and their smarts are open zones. That’s probably why Kelce can be an effective player for 3 more years if he wants.

That’s why I wasn’t a big fan of George Pickens. Im tired of athletes with size who have to be taught how to play the game.

Im telling you this kid is gonna be awesome this year. He’s gonna be used just like Albert Wilson. Outside and in the slot. You’re gonna love him by mid season.
RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-02-2022, 09:03 AM   #105

Quote:
Meh... even that doesn't even matter. His comp is continually Golden Tate who went at pick #60, played 11 years in the league, and had over 8,000 career yards, including a few 1k seasons.

Even if that is all he ever is, it was a great pick If you were told Tate were his floor and Brown were his ceiling, you'd be pretty happy I'd think.
Tate's not his floor.

Albert Wilson is. Maybe.

Tate is FAR closer to his ceiling and again, citing Antonio Brown is the same thing people do when they call very 6 ft tall righty who throws 90 Greg Maddux.

By that logic, just about everyone drafted this week has a ceiling somewhere between Antonio Brown and Julio Jones. It dilutes the analysis to the point that it is worthless.

Wanna call Golden Tate or Tyler Lockett his ceiling and I'll listen. But to cite one of the NFL's all-time outliers and say "he can be X!" just doesn't accomplish anything.