Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room > Media Center

Old 12-21-2021, 02:58 PM  
pie is never free

The Northman - Upcoming Movie

From Robert Eggers, the guy who brought you The VVitch... been waiting for something like this for a looong time, looks incredible

Alexander Skarsgard
Nicole Kidman
Anya Taylor-Joy
Willem Dafoe
Ethan Hawke

Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-14-2022, 08:15 AM   #16
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by listopencil View Post
I also enjoyed the way they dipped back and forth between fantasy and reality. Gave it a fairy tale feel.
It really did have that feel to it. I was wondering why the Valkyrie had braces though
raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 05-14-2022, 05:16 PM   #17
Ain't no relax!

FYI, there's an HD copy of this available online if you know where to look... including a 2K HDR version..

Last edited by Fish; 05-14-2022 at 05:45 PM..
Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-15-2022, 08:04 PM   #18
Going home eventually

This movie was massively shit. Total fail and worthless.
Red Dawg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Red Dawg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Red Dawg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Red Dawg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Red Dawg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Red Dawg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Red Dawg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Red Dawg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Red Dawg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Red Dawg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Red Dawg is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-15-2022, 08:38 PM   #19
Spooky Action

I saw it the other night. Entertaining, not exceptional but some may disagree. Same source material as Hamlet, very superficially it shows. A much different protagonist in this one though
EPodolak 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.EPodolak 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.EPodolak 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.EPodolak 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.EPodolak 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.EPodolak 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.EPodolak 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.EPodolak 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.EPodolak 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.EPodolak 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.EPodolak 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 05-17-2022, 08:46 PM   #20
Veteran

I think I wrote a review for this in another thread but I'll put some of my thoughts in this thread as well.

The Northman is definitely not for everyone and bound to turn off a lot of movie goers (as shown with its dismal box office take) but I don't ****ing care, cause I loved the shit out of this Viking epic!

Skarsgard was a straight up savage beast that looked like he could rip out Thor's spinal cord if he wanted to and make Hugh Glass from The Revenant shit his pants and die from a stroke just at the sight of him

The rest of the cast was great too but major kudos to Alexander Skarsgard for going all out for this (I know his dream role has always been to play a Viking warrior since he's literally a big ass Swedish dude lol. Well he definitely pulled it off here and more than made up for that cringe worthy goofy Tarzan movie imo) God I hated that crap.

There was another film from last year called The Green Knight that is getting a lot of comparisons to The Nortman but IMO The Northman shits all over The Green Knight. Eggers threw everything and the kitchen sink at the audience (basically going for the jugular and leaving it all out there) while David Lowery seemed to hold back and make a more insanely slow paced somber tale that damn near went no where in the end.

The score / mixed with a lot of the visuals in The Northman worked so well together that its so hard to describe but I mean that in a great way. Sorta like a religious experience or something.

Hats off to Eggers here. He's 3 for 3 with me so far. Can't wait to see what he does next.
sully1983 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.sully1983 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.sully1983 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.sully1983 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.sully1983 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.sully1983 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.sully1983 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.sully1983 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.sully1983 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.sully1983 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.sully1983 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 10-14-2022, 09:22 AM   #21
That's just f***in' stupid

The Northman is now on Prime (free). I finally watched it... freaking awesome Eggers movie. Like The Witch, this movie is dark, creepy, gritty, and mixes hyper realism with wild fantasy. Super cool, and exceptionally well done.

The story itself is simple (and quite Nordic): boy raised by warrior father, who of course is betrayed & murdered, witnesses his village being razed with much brutality. The boy escapes & vows vengeance. Boy grows into warrior man, ironically becoming the pillager/murderer/Viking berzerker against whom he seeks vengeance. He poses as a slave, hooks up with a hot Slavic witch slave from the village he just pillaged, and travels to Iceland to achieve payback. Choppy chop, slashie slash, blood, gore, and sweet sweet revenge achieved. Lineage restored and protected. Skol!
HC_Chief is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.HC_Chief is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.HC_Chief is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.HC_Chief is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.HC_Chief is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.HC_Chief is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.HC_Chief is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.HC_Chief is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.HC_Chief is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.HC_Chief is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.HC_Chief is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old 10-14-2022, 12:29 PM   #22
Mahomes Fanboi

Quote:
Originally Posted by HC_Chief View Post
The Northman is now on Prime (free). I finally watched it... freaking awesome Eggers movie. Like The Witch, this movie is dark, creepy, gritty, and mixes hyper realism with wild fantasy. Super cool, and exceptionally well done.

The story itself is simple (and quite Nordic): boy raised by warrior father, who of course is betrayed & murdered, witnesses his village being razed with much brutality. The boy escapes & vows vengeance. Boy grows into warrior man, ironically becoming the pillager/murderer/Viking berzerker against whom he seeks vengeance. He poses as a slave, hooks up with a hot Slavic witch slave from the village he just pillaged, and travels to Iceland to achieve payback. Choppy chop, slashie slash, blood, gore, and sweet sweet revenge achieved. Lineage restored and protected. Skol!
With a plot twist.
Molitoth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Molitoth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Molitoth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Molitoth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Molitoth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Molitoth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Molitoth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Molitoth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Molitoth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Molitoth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Molitoth is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-14-2022, 05:43 PM   #23
Ultrabanned

I am gonna watch this. Was bored as shit this morning and put the new predator movie on instead. That one was a winner, but I'm interested in this quite a bit and Red Dawg says it sucks so it's probably great.
Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-14-2022, 08:34 PM   #24
MVP

It's not my cup of tea. Just weird as shit and no character building. It was hard to finish.
dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 10-15-2022, 08:41 AM   #25
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlphg9 View Post
It's not my cup of tea. Just weird as shit and no character building. It was hard to finish.
This reaction or masterpiece. No in-between for A24. I really enjoyed this one. Hereditary was my only miss.
BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-15-2022, 12:16 PM   #26
On one quarter

couldn't finish it. the story didn't grab me
Fishpicker has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Fishpicker has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Fishpicker has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Fishpicker has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Fishpicker has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Fishpicker has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Fishpicker has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Fishpicker has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Fishpicker has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Fishpicker has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Fishpicker has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.
Old 10-15-2022, 10:41 PM   #27
Ain't no relax!

The visuals were awesome. The idea was awesome. But it just didn't manage to work for some reason. It was entertaining. But the story was a muddled mess, and they failed to build any of the characters up enough to really care about them. It was beautifully forgettable.
Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2022, 11:00 PM   #28
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish View Post
The visuals were awesome. The idea was awesome. But it just didn't manage to work for some reason. It was entertaining. But the story was a muddled mess, and they failed to build any of the characters up enough to really care about them. It was beautifully forgettable.
Sounds a lot like rings of power
Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-17-2022, 08:32 AM   #29
Here We Go Again

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish View Post
It was really close to being fantastic, but just never got there.
lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
Old 10-19-2022, 10:07 PM   #30
Fight, build, win!

Well, it wasn't dragons or orcs Lil Munchkins, and elves. I kinda liked it but its not one that I would need to see again not many are for me.
srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.