Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Hall of Classics

Old 04-28-2021, 10:46 PM  
The 23rd Pillar

I’m leaving forever.

Seriously, I am.

I know what you’re thinking. Maybe I got annoyed by something someone said. Maybe after two Super Bowls in a row I’m satiated on the Chiefs. Maybe I’m going to prison, or joining Dick Cheney on a barnstorming tour, or maybe the antifreeze actually wasn’t a good idea and I died.

The fun of a farewell forever thread is not in knowing the reason. It’s in not knowing, and the mystery behind the disappearance. MrBlond is legendary not because he was here or because he left, but rather because of how he departed. He was DB Cooper jumping out of the Chiefsplanet plane and disappearing into the night, and with that act he became immortal.

It is now my time to parachute from the plane, and I can assure you that I will not return. It would be enjoyable to become an unsolved Chiefsplanet mystery in the process, but I can’t do that to you. It’s cruel enough that you will no longer get to read my thoughtful prose and learn from my wisdom. I can’t allow you to speculate forever about what became of me, and to always wonder if that guy with the fake glasses and mustache sitting next to you at the game is me.

So I’ve instructed one Chiefsplanet member to reveal the mystery. If this thread ever reaches 1,000 posts, that person will share the reason. But until then, you will have only my boarding pass, a flight attendant’s vague description, and 110,871 posts to remember me by.

Farewell, Chiefsplanet!

(Sound of wind rushing past an open passenger cabin door.)

Last edited by DaFace; 05-18-2021 at 03:00 PM..
patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-03-2021, 12:02 PM   #1081
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiderhader View Post
I refuse to feel old. Mom once referred to me as her Peter Pan… seems appropriate.

Mennonite threw an interception on a screen pass.Mennonite threw an interception on a screen pass.Mennonite threw an interception on a screen pass.Mennonite threw an interception on a screen pass.Mennonite threw an interception on a screen pass.Mennonite threw an interception on a screen pass.Mennonite threw an interception on a screen pass.Mennonite threw an interception on a screen pass.Mennonite threw an interception on a screen pass.Mennonite threw an interception on a screen pass.Mennonite threw an interception on a screen pass.
Old 05-03-2021, 03:52 PM   #1082
Hello

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mennonite View Post
Ouch
Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-03-2021, 04:14 PM   #1083
**** the Raiders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mennonite View Post
That’s just disturbing.
Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-03-2021, 04:38 PM   #1084
Mindful Taoist German

Quote:
No doubt. It’s funny how one’s perception of age changes as you age. As a kid you think someone in their 30’s is ooold. Looking back on it now my 30’s have been my prime.
My 30's were mostly family deaths, depression, a horrible job, and borderline alcoholism.

Quote:
And we are definitely one dysfunctional family here. I wouldn’t have it any other way.
We really should have a CP reunion every 5 years or so. Perhaps be able to vote on CP HOF posters. A permanent wall of fame on the site...
Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2021, 05:31 PM   #1085
M-I-Z-Z-O-U

Quote:
No doubt. It’s funny how one’s perception of age changes as you age. As a kid you think someone in their 30’s is ooold. Looking back on it now my 30’s have been my prime. And I reserve the right to adjust that as I go along.

And we are definitely one dysfunctional family here. I wouldn’t have it any other way.

Same, man.

I came over here from the Star board. Was 19 when I joined in 2001. Staring at 40 next year.

I love-hate all you beautiful bastards. We’ve lost some good ones.
duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2021, 10:17 PM   #1086
In Search of a Life

peace bro
DomerNKC has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.DomerNKC has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.DomerNKC has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.DomerNKC has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.DomerNKC has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.DomerNKC has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.DomerNKC has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.DomerNKC has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.DomerNKC has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.DomerNKC has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.DomerNKC has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.
Old 05-08-2021, 10:31 PM   #1087
The Maintenance Guy

Whoa...DOMER SIGHTING!!!
Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-08-2021, 11:18 PM   #1088
Has a particular set of skills

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRichard View Post
Rainman is on his deathbed? Not another one.
he’s already left instructions on how to announce his leaving forever, hint..... think the board game Risk. 😎
BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-08-2021, 11:23 PM   #1089

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detoxing View Post
Wish we coulda known so we coulda given him a proper goodbye. Instead we razzed him like any other D.C schlub.
we rarely see someone get to go out on their own terms. When it happens, you honor that shit.
BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-09-2021, 01:16 AM   #1090
Bono & Grbac wasn't enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho View Post
Same, man.

I came over here from the Star board. Was 19 when I joined in 2001. Staring at 40 next year.

I love-hate all you beautiful bastards. We’ve lost some good ones.
Youngin'
ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-09-2021, 10:14 AM   #1091
I am Number Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRedChief View Post
he’s already left instructions on how to announce his leaving forever, hint..... think the board game Risk. 😎

What? He's gonna attack Kamkatchka from Iritusk?
Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan is too fat/Omaha.Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan is too fat/Omaha.Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan is too fat/Omaha.Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan is too fat/Omaha.Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan is too fat/Omaha.Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan is too fat/Omaha.Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan is too fat/Omaha.Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan is too fat/Omaha.Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan is too fat/Omaha.Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan is too fat/Omaha.Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan is too fat/Omaha.
Old 05-09-2021, 10:16 AM   #1092
I am Number Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptlyon View Post
Youngin'
I joined the Star board after I heard about DT's accident. I'd just left the military and was just starting my career as a tech writer.

22 years later, you suckers are still stuck with me. *grin* Hope to retire in the next couple of years, which means more time to hang out on the board.
Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan is too fat/Omaha.Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan is too fat/Omaha.Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan is too fat/Omaha.Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan is too fat/Omaha.Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan is too fat/Omaha.Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan is too fat/Omaha.Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan is too fat/Omaha.Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan is too fat/Omaha.Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan is too fat/Omaha.Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan is too fat/Omaha.Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan is too fat/Omaha.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2021, 06:11 PM   #1093

Should be in the Hall of Classics. Why isn’t it there?
Old 05-17-2021, 07:16 PM   #1094
On Hiatus

Quote:
Over 20 years going back to the old Star board for some of us. That's a fair chunk of life. I was 19 when this place started up, I'll be 40 next month.
Started over on the old Star Board in the early 90's...I was 40. I am a short time away from retirement myself.

Each time something like this happens it just reminds me what's important and not to take anything for granted.
Mosbonian is too fat/Omaha.Mosbonian is too fat/Omaha.Mosbonian is too fat/Omaha.Mosbonian is too fat/Omaha.Mosbonian is too fat/Omaha.Mosbonian is too fat/Omaha.Mosbonian is too fat/Omaha.Mosbonian is too fat/Omaha.Mosbonian is too fat/Omaha.Mosbonian is too fat/Omaha.Mosbonian is too fat/Omaha.
Old 05-17-2021, 08:14 PM   #1095
Fight, build, win!

I started on the star sports bulletin board as Bassbelly pretty much at the beginning. Hell I think I was on dial-up modem Mindspring. When it went to shit I got out and subscribed to Chiefs Planet and Chiefs Coalition. I stuck to Coalition till they folded without warning and came back to CP and started over.
srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.