Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room > Media Center

Old 09-10-2019, 12:22 AM  
Banned

Jack Reacher

I discovered Lee Childs Jack Reacher stories about 10 years ago, what a great read. Usually we find Reacher hitch hiking, as he wanders the USA, somebody will eventually pick him up despite having a hulkish look at 6-6 260ish. And our story begins.

When I heard there was going to be a movie, yep, excited. But........Tom Cruise? How can the 5-8 170 (guessing) sell the huge Jack Reacher? In the stories the size of Reacher is a constant, we get it.....big bad hombre. Tom Cruise a big bad hombre......nay!

X pro rassler/current actor Dave Batista.....perfect.

If a movie is based on a literary character why not stay as close as possible to the story?

I guess the worst casting job ever was John Wayne as Ghanghis Ghan, What were they thinking?
Ubeja Vontell < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Ubeja Vontell < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Ubeja Vontell < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Ubeja Vontell < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Ubeja Vontell < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Ubeja Vontell < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Ubeja Vontell < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Ubeja Vontell < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Ubeja Vontell < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Ubeja Vontell < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Ubeja Vontell < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.
Old 12-03-2021, 05:28 AM   #31
Buddy Christ is a Chiefs fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 View Post
New Jack Reacher series on Amazon. This guy certainly looks the part.

I actually like the looks of it... maybe a little cheesy but I can deal with it.
BigRichard has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BigRichard has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BigRichard has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BigRichard has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BigRichard has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BigRichard has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BigRichard has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BigRichard has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BigRichard has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BigRichard has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BigRichard has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old 02-04-2022, 02:15 PM   #32
Supporter

Never had anything to do with this platform, not out of choice but out of obliviousness. Not read any books, not seen any movies, . . . but the new series seems off to a promising start.

Sure, it's a potpourri of recycled tropes, but it's blended and balanced well.

Helps knowing the material is based on existing canon, not some seat-of-the-pants adaptation.

Kind of like watching an airport novel.

Last edited by Baby Lee; 02-04-2022 at 02:21 PM..
Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-04-2022, 11:06 PM   #33
Black Bob's daddy

Almost finished with the season. I’ve read most of the books, this guy definitely fits the part.

If you like Jack Reacher I recommend taking a look at The Terminal List coming out in April on Amazon Prime. Jack Carr is a former Navy Seal and has walked the walk so the series is like a more accurate/realistic Jack Reacher.
OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.
Old 02-05-2022, 01:25 PM   #34
Immanentize The Eschaton

Watched the first episode. It was fun, enjoyable. I'll give the series a try.
listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-05-2022, 07:42 PM   #35
oxymoron

Not familiar with the books but enjoying the series. I'd say it's standard Amazon quality, comparable to Goliath or Bosch or Jack Ryan.

Last edited by keg in kc; 02-05-2022 at 07:48 PM..
keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-05-2022, 07:44 PM
keg in kc
This message has been deleted by keg in kc. Reason: Dupe
Old 02-05-2022, 08:03 PM   #36
pie is never free

Amazon
Disney +
Netflix
Hulu
HBO
Paramount +
This one
That one
The other one

You can't just buy a decent cable package, and occasionally go to the movies to see anything worthwhile anymore... the future is here, and I hate its guts
Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2022, 09:29 PM   #37
Black Bob's daddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Easy 6 View Post
Amazon
Disney +
Netflix
Hulu
HBO
Paramount +
This one
That one
The other one

You can't just buy a decent cable package, and occasionally go to the movies to see anything worthwhile anymore... the future is here, and I hate its guts
Well, cable you had to pay a premium for a bunch of channels you may not even watch.

I have a Verizon unlimited plan so Disney+, Hulu, and ESPN+ are all included for free.

I watch Netflix the most often so it's well worth the cost for me.

Amaon Prime means free shipping so that's well worth the price.

I happen to have "free" cable/internet through my HOA. Not truly free since clearly some of the HOA fees go towards the cost, but I do pay an extra $20 a month for increased 500/500 speeds.

So long story short I have Netflix, Hulu, ESPN+, Disney+, Amazon Prime, and basic cable all for not that much. I can watch whatever I want with far more options than I used to have back in the day watching Satellite TV growing up in my parents' house. I can watch what's live on Cable or watch countless TV programs or movies on demand streaming. If there is a TV show on HBO Max or Paramount + or some other network I can get a one month subscription to binge watch the show and whatever else may be of interest before the month expires and I cancel my membership.

Idk, doesn't sound all that bad to me.
OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.
Old 02-05-2022, 10:36 PM   #38
Forever Royal

I’ve finished four episodes so far. It’s really good. Funny moments, intriguing, and suspenseful.
mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old 02-05-2022, 11:47 PM   #39
Has a particular set of skills

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr. tegu View Post
I’ve finished four episodes so far. It’s really good. Funny moments, intriguing, and suspenseful.
Wife insisted to keep binging. 5 episodes in. Well done TV. Interesting, suspense is good. Twists are not TV stupid. Funny when it tries. Worth the time so far.
BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-06-2022, 06:34 AM   #40
Rockin' yer FACE OFF!

I just by chance watched the movie (with Tom Cruise) yesterday. Never seen any Jack Reacher stuff before, but I did like the movie. I think I'll give this series a spin for sure.
InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-06-2022, 07:52 AM   #41
Here We Go Again

Quote:
Originally Posted by Easy 6 View Post
Amazon
Disney +
Netflix
Hulu
HBO
Paramount +
This one
That one
The other one

Meh, I like the choice of paying for content that I actually want to see without being forced to subsidize crap channels on cable that I literally never watched.

I get HBO Max included in my ATT Fiber, Amazon Prime I pay for just to get the fast shipping, so any video content is a bonus. All the other streaming services I sign up for and watch when they have somthing I'm actually interested in watching, then cancel when I finish.

Much, much, much better than cable. I might spend $30/month on streaming options with a much broader seletion than I ever got for cable, and that crap starts at like $80/month now.
lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
Old 02-06-2022, 08:16 AM   #42
Blah Blah Blah

Watched through it all in one day.

Enjoyed it overall, thought it was cheesy in some places.

I need to reread Killing Floor now since there was a lot that I had forgotten.
kc rush is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.kc rush is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.kc rush is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.kc rush is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.kc rush is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.kc rush is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.kc rush is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.kc rush is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.kc rush is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.kc rush is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.kc rush is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old 02-06-2022, 09:21 AM   #43
mod-ish

This show isn't breaking new ground as BL said, but it is enjoyable.
Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-06-2022, 09:35 AM   #44
Veteran

It took a bit to not see Reacher as Thad Castle, but once I took him more seriously it was a good quick watch
Urc Burry has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Urc Burry has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Urc Burry has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Urc Burry has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Urc Burry has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Urc Burry has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Urc Burry has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Urc Burry has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Urc Burry has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Urc Burry has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Urc Burry has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.
Old 02-06-2022, 09:12 PM   #45
Supporter

It was a pretty good watch. I laughed at a shitton of the wisecracks from Reacher.

I was REALLY was not expecting this out of Roscoe.

Image: Not Safe for Work
NSFW Image

Hooo boy.
Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote